Non-Pokebank OU - Of steel and of bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro
So, as the new Pokemon games are now out, and I managed to get a copy as soon as it came out I decided I'd give a shot at competitive battling this gen. When this team has been perfected I plan to rebuild it in pokemon y. :)

Without further ado, my team:

At a glance

The team

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Trait: Compoundeyes
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder Wave

Galvantula was originally added solely for the purpose of sticky web, but I realized his offensive abilities were not too bad when he managed to take out the opponents lead, and sometimes even second Pokemon they sent out.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk -SAtk)

- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Gyro ball

Aegislash was the first Pokemon I began with, and who I formed my team around. He is awesome offensively and defensively. Kings Shield is useful for scouting, and of course changing to shield forme. Shadow sneak is useful for finishing of weakened Pokemon quickly.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Heatran is here as a switch in when the opponent trys to hit my weak pokemon with fire type moves. I have yet to test him, and will add more info.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

Kyurem B was suggested to me as a wall breaker, I have yet to test him, after which I will add more information.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
Evs: 252 Hp / 48 Def / 210 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def -SAtk)

- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn has always been a favorite of mine, I like how most of the time when he is attacked his Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet deal more damage to the opponent then the opponent does to him. Also, leech seed a stealth rock are amazing moves.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power

Keldeo is to cover my prominent weakness to fire types, and provide some special attack and speed. Will ad more info after testing,

And that's it for now. I was hoping to get suggestions/critiques from some of you guys. :)

Last edited:
You are probably going to need to beef up your descriptions or this thread will most likely be locked.

But anyway as far as rating goes I see you have 4 fire type weaknesses. Chandelure is very frail and with a Life Orb it will be sure to die fast meaning that your opponent can almost sweep. Also Chandelure is weak to rock and so is Salamence which you say covers Chandelure. I would suggest adding a Pokemon like Azumarill maybe in the place of Aegislash or Heracross to help with fire weakness. Generally when you build your team you shouldn't have more then 3 weaknesses in one type.

And Swords Dance is probably a better choice then Gyro Ball on Aegislash or if you really want to run dual STAB you can try Weakness Policy so that Aegislash has some sort of boost to turn him into a potential sweeper.

Last edited:

Scotti

we back.
This is a team cwertle..... anyway, your teams has some major issues that can be fixed rather simple. First offYou should also replace Gyro Ball with Sword Dance on Aegislash, because Gyro Ball is alright, but is not necessary, mostly when you can boost up your other moves instead. Also you should change the nature to adamant, since, you don't have gyro ball anymore. I think you should replace Chandy with Heatran. Why because Heatran is a BOSS this gen. Being able to 4x resist fairy is pretty awesome, and it immune to fire which is so far a problem for your team. Next you should replace Salamence with Kyurem-B, because stall teams can wall the poop out of this team, and KB offers alot of help against them, and he doesn't get walled all day by fairy types. Ferrothorn with Scarf Keldeo, because you really need another pokemon to handle fire, your team is extremely slow and this will add some speed, and i was going to recommend Azumarill, but come on you need some specially based pokes. Finally replace Arm Thrust with Close Combat because it is not worth it, and replace Bullet Seed with Stone Edge, or else you will get hard walled by flying types.

Sets of Pokemon
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Hope i Helped :3

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I updated the team. Though now the title needs updating. :P I will and more info with the pokemon soonas I playtest them more.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hello,

The descriptions in this thread are really lacking, as the recommended is about 3 lines per Pokemon. Try to expand on what role each Pokemon plays for your team and why you chose that specific moveset or EV spread.

PM me your updated descriptions and I will unlock this thread for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)