Nintendo Direct February Edition

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Roughly three hours from now, Nintendo of Japan will stream their third Nintendo Direct conference. With Masuda's recent remarks, there's a good chance that Pokemon Grey will at least be mentioned at this conference (if not, wait until Pokemon Smash this Saturday). Four hours from now we'll be seeing a stream from Nintendo of Europe as well and Nintendo of America has a conference set to happen 6 hours from now.

I will be updating this thread with any livestream, livetweet, and liveblog links I can find as it starts.

And if nothing Pokemon gets announced I'll quietly move this to a 4m and we'll all just hush it up as if it was never here.

Edit:
Livestream (Japanese but for the video content - there will apparently be 1 hour of announcements and 1 hour of gameplay footage): http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html

English Liveblog: http://andriasang.com/con025/nintendo_direct_feb/

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wonder if they reveal a Kyruem-forme or something of the sort on Smash, but confirm Grey for release in this conference.

Should be interesting.

I've never really played Pokemon very in-depth, so I'm not sure what this conference is. What should I expect, cause I will be online during the europe version very likely. Is it worth watching/listening or should I just wait for Serebii or someone here to make a short version?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It isn't a Pokemon-focused conference. Here's a summary of October's from radioheadrule83 on NeoGAF:

Game announcements -
  • Hiki Osu (JP) aka Pushmo (US) aka Pullblox (EUR) - 3D puzzle game
  • Fab Style - dress up / fashion game of some sort
  • Hirai: Sakura Samurai - samurai game, may not make it out of Japan, looks cool.
  • Rune Factory 4 - not new announcement apparently, announcement is effectively a delay to 2012
  • Lost Heroes - RPG mixing Ultraman, Gundam and Kamen Rider characters
  • Thruspace hitting the eShop
  • Kid Icarus 3D Classic
  • Kirby's Adventure 3D Classic

Other games with new footage:
  • Dillon's Rolling Western
  • Harvest Moon
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D
  • Monster Hunter 3G
  • Freaky Forms: Your Creations Alive

Tool / Utility announcements -
  • 3D video recording announced. Record 3D video for up to 10 minutes. Do interval / stop motion recording etc.
  • Itsuno ma ni Koukan Nikki (JP) / Nintendo Mailbox (EUR) / Swapnote (US). A messaging service that allows you to send 3D picture messages and doodles with sound.

Video announcements
  • Hulu Plus for the US (also on Wii)
  • New exclusive 3D video from Foster the People (US/EUR). "Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)"
  • Exclusive Michael Jackson's Thriller video starring the cast of Shrek
  • Red Bull and Eurosport sports videos.
  • Aardman Animation providing 3D Shaun the Sheep content early next year.

Firmware update will include
  • New StreetPass Plaza dungeon and puzzles. The quest game now allows two Miis / heroes from your party to battle alongside each other.
  • New firmware update adds ability to transfer 3DS software to other 3DS units
  • Basic eShop improvements

Mario Kart 7 / online details
  • Mario Kart 7 installs a Mario Kart Channel / App from where you can view/download player data, jump into a game etc.
  • You can recieve ghosts from other 3DS players via StreetPass/SpotPass - you can download up to 7 ghosts per track to enable an 8 player race, even when your friends aren't online.
  • 8 player online, 60 FPS
  • Community features have been added, allowing you to create your own communities and share them.
  • New Iwata asks covers the community features etc.

Japan only
  • 3000 people will be able to win special Mario-themed 3DS' by entering a competition / campagin
  • everyone that takes part gets 3D Classics: Kid Icarus for free
And you can find the liveblog of December's here: http://andriasang.com/comzi3/nintendo_direct_live_blog/

Seems to be happening every two months.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I can die a happy man
Fatal Frame 2 Remake for wii coming to euopre, same for the Spirit camera for 3ds.

yes yes and HELL YES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)