LC Nincada

[OVERVIEW]
Nincada is a poor choice for Little Cup due to bad stats, an absolutely horrible movepool that can't hurt most foes, and a bad typing. Because of this, Nincada is outclassed by other Ground-types such as Onix and Mudbray that both offer more utility and power for any prospective team.

[SET]
name: Final Gambit
move 1: Final Gambit
move 2: Leech Life
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Toxic
item: Eviolite
ability: Compound Eyes
nature: Naive
evs: 188 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
This set attempts to knock out an opposing Pokemon with Final Gambit but is unable to take down most bulky Pokemon with it. Pokemon such as Onix and Mudbray make better choices for teams, as they have better bulk and can threaten opposing teams without the need for Final Gambit.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Sqookblooks, 461079]]
- Quality checked by: [[Merritt, 213064], [Fiend, 208173]]
- Grammar checked by: [[frostration, 447027]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
For other QC: when I went into testing this, I wanted to try and see if "Perfect Drilbur Counter" was at all useful. It is not. Final Gambit at least occasionally killed things.

[OVERVIEW]
Technically Nincada does in fact have Ground STAB attacks, it's just that Dig and Mud Slap are terrible. Rephrase to explain that Nincada's movepool has nothing to compensate for its awful Attack.

[SET]
Moves should be Final Gambit/Leech Life/Giga Drain/Toxic in that order, Return is terrible and pointless while Giga Drain can sometimes hit Onix.

Set EVs to 188 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe and make it Naive - this thing wants to max out Speed and HP to make Final Gambit as useful as possible.

[SET COMMENTS]
Specify that this set aims to remove a single opponent through the use of Final Gambit - Toxic barely factors in here. Mention Mudbray instead of Trapinch down here, as well as stating that they're able to contribute to teams without killing themselves in the process.

[CREDITS]
Fix these. Only 2 QC and 1 GP, keep double ] at the end and actually fill out the credits.

Implement this and give yourself 1/2

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
trapinch is banned!
remove add comment
[OVERVIEW]
Nincada is a poor choice for Little Cup due to bad stats, an absolutely horrible movepool that can't hurt most foes, and a bad typing. Because of this, Nincada is outclassed by other ground-types Ground-types such as Onix and Trapinch Mubray who both will offer more utility and power for any prospective team.

[SET]
name: Bomber Bug Final Gambit

[SET COMMENTS]
This set attempts to knock out an opposing Pokemon with Final Gambit, but Nincada is useless elsewhere and is unable to take down most bulky Pokemon with it.
I'm not actually sure what this sentence is supposed to inform me of? I think you want to clarify the sentence like this.

QC: 2/2

[Fiend, 208173]

frostration

i probably have a headache
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]
Nincada is a poor choice for Little Cup due to bad stats, an absolutely horrible movepool that can't hurt most foes, and a bad typing. Because of this, Nincada is outclassed by other Ground-types such as Onix and Mudbray who that both will offer more utility and power for any prospective team.

[SET]
name: Final Gambit

[SET COMMENTS]
This set attempts to knock out an opposing Pokemon with Final Gambit [remove comma] but is unable to take down most bulky Pokemon with it. Pokemon such as [remove linebreak here] Onix and Mudbray make better choices for teams, [AC] as they have better bulk and can threaten opposing teams without the need for Final Gambit.
GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)