NFL Predictions Challenge: PLAYOFF EDITION

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah but both teams are really #4s, so neither is actually a true wild card in terms of wild card representing #5 & #6.
I think this is more true of the NFC than the AFC. The Jets may have beaten both the Colts and Patriots, but I don't see them as a "better" team than them. It's close though, and certainly not as inconceivable as other 6th seeds have been in the past lol.

New Jersey (York?) Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers
Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears

Maybe i'll keep that .500 record...

I think this is more true of the NFC than the AFC. The Jets may have beaten both the Colts and Patriots, but I don't see them as a "better" team than them. It's close though, and certainly not as inconceivable as other 6th seeds have been in the past lol.
Err, I meant literally #4. The Jets had a better record than two playoff teams. The Packers had a better playoff record than one playoff team, as well as having beaten the Eagles and having a better division record, one of which I am confident has to be the tiebreaker. Either way neither should be a #6 seed by any means, so no one should be spazzing about how great it is to see the #6 seeds get there, they are true #4 seeds. Jets were better than the Colts; the Colts had a better offense, but an awful defense, while the Jets had a great defense and a good offense and the better record. The Jets mostly only lost close games this season, whereas the Colts were blown out a couple more times I believe. The injuries started to lend the Colts a lot of inconsistency.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Err, I meant literally #4. The Jets had a better record than two playoff teams. The Packers had a better playoff record than one playoff team, as well as having beaten the Eagles and having a better division record, one of which I am confident has to be the tiebreaker. Either way neither should be a #6 seed by any means, so no one should be spazzing about how great it is to see the #6 seeds get there, they are true #4 seeds. Jets were better than the Colts; the Colts had a better offense, but an awful defense, while the Jets had a great defense and a good offense and the better record. The Jets mostly only lost close games this season, whereas the Colts were blown out a couple more times I believe. The injuries started to lend the Colts a lot of inconsistency.
Oh sorry I misunderstood what you were talking about. Yes I see your point now, you are absolutely correct. Still won't beat the Steelers though!

Also, the smogon majority vote is 2-6, with the only wins belonging to the Ravens week 1 and the Bears week 2 -__-
Maybe we'll do better this week?

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears (22-9)
New Jersey Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers (17-14)

I'm really surprised that the Jets have the majority. Did their win over the Pats really convince that many people? Or are a bunch of us trying to get a leg up on the competition by choosing the underdog?

3-1, back in this race at 5-3 overall :D although it will still be very hard to win I am sure

Green Bay Packers
Pittsburgh Steelers (noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo; but ye gods the "history" will be nice, I just hope the Packers win that super bowl if I am right)

If the Steelers win the Super Bowl I will stop trying to claim the Cowboys are still the greatest franchise of all time...maybe even if the Steelers just make it ;_; they have to have been a top 3 team this last decade, right? Colts/Patriots were better, but the Steelers were 90% as good even if they had one Super Bowl handed to them by sheer horse shit.

I may try to find some way to talk myself out of this pick....can everyone who finished 5-3+ pick the Steelers so I have more reason to pick the Jets please???
2-0

Green Bay Packers are going to win it all.

Tied for first baby!

I predict the Packers to win it all. Greg Jennings will score on a broken leg.
stop then neither of us can win

Garrett, you should have no hard feelings about being tied with the best :@

EDIT: Kevin Garrett/Bungalow Bill/CaptKirby/zach the great/WaterBomb/Polis4rule tie for 1st...yikes. No way can any one person win lol but we all get the satisfaction of 7-4 or 8-3! (Fabbles did not submit :()

WaterBomb did you do New Jersey Jets in the picks agreeing with my joke/sarcasm of insisting on calling them that or just by accident, I just noticed :@

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
1-1 meaning I'm now 5-5 overall. The mediocrity must be broken however.

Steelers because I simply do not like McCarthy, reasons why are another story.

Oh, and because the Steelers have a similar (and better) defense to the Bears who held the Packers to within one touchdown against a third string Quarterback, and Big Ben will turn on beast mode.

Damn, if only I would've picked the Jets in the Wild Card by going with my gut. Over analyzed it and thought that Peyton would be a savior.

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears
New Jersey Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers

This is the exact opposite of what I expect/hope to happen.

feels good man

At 3-7, if I get the super bowl wrong I think I can still make bottom 3!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
WaterBomb did you do New Jersey Jets in the picks agreeing with my joke/sarcasm of insisting on calling them that or just by accident, I just noticed :@
No I was agreeing with you. Since the Meadowlands are in NJ they are the New Jersey Jets :D. Well, right now they are the SITTING ON THE COUCH Jets but eh...

Super Bowl matchup is posted. Standings are updated, and I removed several people who failed to submit. Will post my own predict later (even though it's gonna be the Packers I want to make it all official and bolded).

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
The Green Bay Packers "Title Town"

VS

The Pittsburgh Steelers "Sixburgh"

You know, despite me being a Steelers fan, I know my team's secondary is vulnerable to elite passers like Brady, Brees, and Manning, so Rodgers could have much success here. Their pass defense will also likely disrupt our rhythm, and I don't see us having enough success on the ground to control the pace. It won't be a high scoring affair, but I see Green Bay taking it 24-16. Here's to hoping, though!

1-1 meaning I'm now 5-5 overall. The mediocrity must be broken however.

Steelers because I simply do not like McCarthy, reasons why are another story.

Oh, and because the Steelers have a similar (and better) defense to the Bears who held the Packers to within one touchdown against a third string Quarterback, and Big Ben will turn on beast mode.
Lovie Smith also plays the Packers twice a year and knows exactly how to prepare for them.
I know the Steelers are awesome, but the Bears D is totally different...as in actually good..against division foes. lol
and, why do you hate McCarthy? Never seen anyone say that before lol

Go Pack Go!

Even though I said in my prediction for last round that I thought the Packers were the best team left, I've had a change of heart. Pittsburgh Steelers, though I'd much rather see the Packers win (never been much of a Steelers fan for whatever reason)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)