Multi-gen NFEPL IV - Commencement Thread

power rankings made w/ pazza, ty shakeitup for the intro.

YAHALLO and welcome back to THE UNBIASED POWER RANKINGS

Yeah, yeah.......it's been fucking ages LOL but 5k Hys has returned. As a TWO TIME NFEPL CHAMPION, I know what it takes to win this tournament. You basically just need enough luck to win the variance tiers and the occasional innovative team to help you cheese your way to another win. Anyway, you unviable players should be glad I'm making these power rankings instead of just crowning myself to win this tour once again. Looking at top three its no shock me and friso went for 20k+, but 20K ON ARCTIC LOOOL?? THIS GUY IS NEGATIVE ON THE SHEET AND WENT NEGATIVE IN NFEPL BUT I CARRIED HIS ASS TO WINS LOL.

predicted lineup:

swsh: Cheryl
swsh: Plas
swsh: Dragonills/Faded love
sm: Ninjadog
sm: Miyami
oras: Mirbro
bw: -Voltage-
dpp: Kaori

Pazza- overall this team is pretty UNVIABLE since most of these players come from different communities and they have like 63892 sm players but no good swsh or dpp/oras compared to the pool we had at the time. Cheryl is in finals of no johns which is pretty good so they'll do decent in swsh if they start themselves there but due to them having an UNVIABLE swsh they will need to start plas in there unless you want cheryl/faded/dragonills for swsh. ninjadog is a beast who went 5-0 in nfepl2 and generally a great player he'll have a good showing once again this nfepl with support from plas. Mirbro is self-sufficient but I think there were better options in the pool like Indol who roses could have rather got for oras. Voltage is good and will probably go positive. don't know much about kaori but idk why you would buy them instead of the other dpp players who were left in pool. Miyami being a self buy seems really odd considering you planned on getting plas and ninjadog for sm. dugza is a good player so he could get slotted into swsh and feed teams to him. nalei seems UNVIABLE since I've never seen her play nfe and calucha idk.

Hys- Roses started their draft out really oddly, picking up 12k voltage, whos a pretty average player/builder, but is put in a weaker BW pool, where there's only a few superstar names to compete with. Next up they got ninjadog, an older player who went undefeated in pl2 alongside yours truly, but had an average PL last year. Kaori was picked up as a cheaper oldgens player, which was odd since there were a lot of superstar DPP's left in the pool; especially with a dedicated BW already drafted. Plas is good we all know that, it's just up to him to lead the SS or SM nfe group, depending on where he's slotted in. Nalei/Mirbo are odd picks, considering idk if you're ever starting Nalei over plas/ninja, and Indol was left in the pool who's an upgrade playing and building wise to Mirbro. Faded Love is a solid name to round out your more modern gens, alongside two self-sufficient players in Dragonillis and Calucha. Dugza was picked up last for I assume stealing older builds, since the team is lacking in the building department. It feels weird saying this after last year's rose synergy, but seeing this roster I can't put together how they will effectively work together. Most of the players come from different communities, and therefore have to build some synergy before week 1 to be effective.

oran doesn't have discord

predicted lineup:
swsh: Ho3n
swsh: Uhuhuhu7
swsh: Jordy/Tlenit
sm: Fille
sm: MZ/Martha
oras: OM
bw: Spacial
dpp: Lasen

Pazza- this team has good synergy but that isn't all you need to win tours. they have really good new gens but UNVIABLE old gens. ho3n and uhu7 starting off both solid players that will do good. swsh3 is crowed with jordy/tlenit/oran but I think Jordy will start here since he can learn new metas very quickly and will prolly tryhard to do good in this tour. tlenit is a good player but needs teams I'm assuming. oran is good player and builder but he needs to get discord lol unless you want to start a smogon conversation for your team. fille hasn't played since nfepl2 so he might be UNVIABLE and get destroyed, mz/martha both don't play sm and will need teams fed to them by ho3n im guessing, or Jordy may play sm. I have no clue who plays oras on this team really I put OM down since he likes oras as a gen. Spcial is picking up nfe and he's also a roa guy so he won't do too bad in bw. dpp = perdemos. this team could do good if their swsh pops off and its old gens do somewhat good but it will be very top-heavy.

Hys- Similarly to the Roses, the Thwackeys also drafted a lot of solid players for modern gens, but are lacking in oldgens, especially oldgens support. Uhu/Fille/Jordy are all solid picks, especially with the volume of teams Jordy will pump out with Ho3ns metagame knowledge, but Uhu came off of a subpar OMPL, Fille hasn't played since PL2 (when he was TL), and Jordy may need to spend some time acclimating to NFE. OM/MZ/Martha can all start, but alongside tlenit you're crowding your SM/SS pool, and kinda miss out on older gens. Looing back Spacial is a not bad pickup, but it was odd to me they were selected over going for a bigger BW or DPP name who has real tour experience (Thorx, Hills, even Indol come to mind). There is no real DPP player if Spacial is slotted into BW, and vice versa. Maybe they can try to trade for Stevy? That might fix some of their problems and allow for Spacial to get some other oldgens support. Felucia's a weird pick, probably due to RO status but idk if they've ever touched NFE competitively. OBB10 is an alright 3k I guess, but there may be a reason no one upbid when all the other teams had money to spend. Time will tell if he's worth starting or if he's pure SS support. Lasen is another SS/SM player, but maybe he can be flexed into ORAS? Their ORAS/DPP is weak in general, so that slot might have some serious turnover until a player is settled in there. I think the only real issue with this team is that they dedicated too many slots to newer gens where ho3n is more comfortable, and may regret that until a solution is found (again, I think trading for Stevy may be a move here for them, but we'll see how reluctant corsolas are at trading him away).

predicted lineup:

swsh: Shing
swsh: Somalia
swsh: I want atago to sit on me
sm: PD
sm: Tbz/Elgino
oras: ?? (free indol)
bw: Trace
dpp: Toy Time King

Pazza- swsh starting off with Shing who is a great player and an amazing builder paired with somalia whose good at playing but his teams are UNVIABLE, these two together will do well if they work together. I've never seen I want atago to sit on me play pokemon. swsh for brionne isn't that bad considering they can put in one of their subs in for ss3. brionnes sm is actually pretty good with having 4 potential starters, PD had a great run last year in SM and both Elgino and TBZ did well last year and are positive on the sheet. idk who plays oras might just toss a random player in here or trade away one of their sm players for someone else. I wasn't really sure who played bw on this team so I put trace in, he could play ss3 and someone else like sadistic could play bw. Toy Time King self buy really helps this team cuz they didn't need to waste money on other DPP players and tour players and he's good enough for 15k. brionnes could do good maybe

Hys- The BHB's draft is basically what I expected to happen; pick up Shing support for SS, 2 self reliant SM's then just getting average players for the other slots. TTK's selfbuy actually helps them here, since he should do well and doesn't have to worry about supporting anyone else. Shing is another obvious pick, who should go positive and pump out high quality teams for his other SS slots, who besides Somalia look to be IWATSOM, or maybe raf? The SM on this team looks good, with 4 potential starters, but that's definitely too many between Elgino/ El Doucher/TBZ. I think the team needs to commit to one of TBZ/Elgino and trade the other for a solid ss pick or an above-average BW (another possible Stevy team, but I could see them trading with someone else). Their ORAS is nonexistent, so they will probably have to flex one of their SM into that slot. Trace could either be a 3rd SS slot or a BW, but i'm hedging my bet on the BW one since it's harder to get good players in that slot, alongside a weaker BW pool. Sadistic could also fill BW I guess, but I think it's unlikely since they're more of a RBY player and haven't really touched NFE before. I think this team's mediocre, especially with a manager core who's newer. However, they drafted some potential pieces and can trade away their extras for some solid players. I think this team has some more potential than the others, but the bottom-3 teams all lack a dedicated ORAS and will have to rely more on MU to win games.

predicted lineup:

swsh: Friso
swsh: Evigaro
swsh: Czim
sm: Rosey/aesf
sm: Gorex/aesf
oras: Quagg/Xayah
bw: DnB
dpp: Bryon

Pazza- Nuzleafs are scary as hell, with their first two ss being friso and evigaro who are both just really good at the game + support from quag and 85 for swsh. 3rd ss is kinda lacking but i have been told czim is the "nfe legend" so who knows maybe he'll give a better showing than frisoeva himself?!? their sm is pretty weird unless you want quag to start there and put someone in oras but rosey/gorex should do fine in there w/ teams from their managers. both quagg and 85 are good at oras, i think quagg will start himself here unless he wants to do sm but he will do good in either of the tiers. Both Dnb and Bryon are both are really good at old gens and Dnb was 2nd Bw in spl so its crazy how low he went for here. Nuzleafs have good old gens + current gens, but their SM is lacking. uberlandon and aesf can both be subbed into swsh or sm, landon is self sufficient in swsh but it'll be tough for him starting each week since only one slot is open. I can see Nuzleaf's standing at either 1st to 5th place.

Hys- The Nuzzleafs had a Psuedo-Simbo strategy; by drafting some great early pieces like Friso, Evi and Byron. I think those players individually should have a blast through this pool, since they're all individually talented enough to enjoy good records. DnB was a sleeper pick, who's probably a top 3 BW slot, and secures the Nuzzleafs with an incredible oldgens pool. However, they didn't really stick with the strategy by the end, and were more content with sniping away some players from other teams rather than drafting the best players for their roles. Czim is the premier NFE legend, and will probably start in SS for the team. The team's SM seems weak, but with a great BW/DPP that issue is mitigated, unless they flex some of their SS picks into SM. Gorex brings RU synergy with Evi, and will probably start on this team in SM. Roseybear is another solid late pick, who may also start in SM. Aesf is an above-average OM player, but iirc that comes from more creative building rather than raw skill, and the building on this team will be dominated by the managers, which may snuff out some of the draw of drafting aesf. I'm not sure why Uberlandon is here, and in reality idk why he was drafted over say, Indol. Xayah hasn't played NFE since PL2, and even that was Ubers so im not sure if they're starting or not. I'm not exactly sure where Quagg is playing, but I assume ORAS where he'll be average-above average. The question is why he self bought, since they could have had a few more players and just manually bought an ORAS slot. This team is good, and just like the other top-5 teams I can easily see anywhere from 5-1st for them. The only problem for this team is a lack of dedicated SM, which can hopefully be fixed through some good building by the managers.

predicted lineup:

swsh: Jett
swsh: MAMP
swsh: :xavgb:
sm: Marjane
sm: Volkner/Raj.shoot
oras: pazza
bw: Skysolo
dpp: Thorx

pazza- will win this tour

hys- Morgrem Freemans are a bit of an anomaly; they drafted pieces for all gens but it seemed that they relied on me for their draft plan which was risky, especially when they didnt get it and had to go with a bunch of OM players and Pazza. OM players do have a good track record in NFE, and I do like their later buys in Cata/Skysolo, who have established their ability to be starters in other tournaments (MPL is the main thing that comes to mind). GL Volkner is 5, which won't allow him to access the now defunct Marjane's Nudes chat, a serious blow to team morale. MAMP is a self sufficient SS, who eases the burden on the pure number of teams Jett will have to make per week. :xavgb: is another european to the core, however his terrible sleep schedule ruins the synergy he should have with his managers. Pazza is unironically a top ORAS player in the pool, a fact I would have laughed at a year ago, and drafting him actually allowed them to draft a very good SS/above average SM core. With SM, you're getting former-tour director Marjane, who is the spiritual center of the team's chat, and will have to fight tooth and nail to prevent the rest of the team simping for her (especially Pazza, who seems desperate after seeing the Morgrem fanart). Raj can work, but the pick felt more like an attempt to ruin the Indian core Leo was trying to build. BW seems like a hard slot to fill, as yould probably prefer Cata/skysolo in SM or SS, but one will probbaly be a backup ORAS and the other will start BW. Thorx is an alright DPP pick, who should pick up enough wins to put them in a position to make playoffs. This team is the one with the most potential for upsets, since I can easily see the team ending up anywhere between 5th and 1st, but that's the same with a lot of the teams. If they trade for a BW player the roster looks frightening, but I would expect that the hole won't be too large for the rest of the team to overcome.

Edit: To avoid my ban from NFE TL and manager Jett , I will be retracting my statement about Marjane's chat, please allow me to continue to be in this tour.
Edit 2: To get access to the previously mentioned chat, I will be retroactively moving the team to 4th place on the PR's, I'm very sorry Deez Nuzleafs, but as stated by Pazza: will win this tour.

predicted lineup:

swsh: Tj
swsh: jrdn
swsh: hills
sm: Ren-chon
sm: tack
oras: sbpc
bw: Caetano
dpp: Waves

Pazza- ranking the team starting getting difficult when we got to morgrems to monfernos since the teams are equal in terms of power. who let tj go for so cheap???? tj had a good showing in ompl against the mainers while having no support and he has sbpc + tack to help him now. jrdn is a really good om player and he's does good in NU with the support he will do good. I don't know much about hills but hys said they are a solid player kek. tack doesn't like sm i think but he can't play anything else unless he puts jrdn into sm which could work out and tack plays swsh. idk much about ren-chan either but i have heard people say that they are good. sbpc has to play oras here, unless him and tack switch slots. I have sbpc had a bad run last year due to insane hax hopefully they wont happen again lol. caet is good and with support from his team in bw he'll do great. waves is an ROA guy so he will pick up dpp nfe and do good too. I'm not sure why both of these managers self bought, but ferro's should have another great run this year.

Hys- This is starting to get really difficult, because all of these teams are so equal in power. I personally helped Tack scout some of the players, and as a result i'm not surprised with the direction he went during the draft. What was more surprising to me was that both managers self-bought, since all they needed was an ORAS in a weak pool while the other could help by building. As a result, I think Tack has to start SM, even if he dislikes the tier. The only other option would be flexing Alice there, or possibly jrdn, but then whats the real point of self drafting anyway when you could get away with another great SM player like OD in the slot instead. Picking up Jrdn and Caetano, alongside TJ is an absolutely fantastic core, since locking down a great BW in a pool like this is very important. Tj should do very well here, as the player quality is undoubtedly lower than OMPL, where he went positive versus a much tougher pool. Ren-Chon is another solid pick, which rounds out a probably sm core. Waves is a good DPP player, and is friends with both managers to help team morale. Hills was a player I scouted for Tack, who will be a great addition to the SS core, or can flex into an oldgen if needed. This also rounds out the Brazilian synergy with Ren and Caetano, meaning the teamchat will almost exclusively be in Portuguese. Bloodace I assume is there for the ferro culture, since he didn't play much last PL and has even less experience with SS NFE. I guess SB will play ORAS since he's the only real option besides Tack; hope he gets luckier than last year bc it was hard to watch him getting lucked every game. This is probably the main year for him to prove his worth as a high-quality ORAS player, since last year wasn't really under his control. This team is another solid team, with some good synergy and a lot of friends of Tack's who should be able to pump out solid performances alongside their solid support.

predicted lineup:

swsh: Ham
swsh: Bugzinator
swsh: E#
sm: Hys
sm: Thiago Nunes
oras: Sans
bw: Mael/Neo
dpp: Mael/Neo

Pazza- neomon didn't show up for draft again this year but luckily for him sans was there so simbo didn't need to draft again for the mafia lol. sans really wanted hamhamhamhamham since if you looked at the mocks the mafia almost every single time got ham. bugzinator is a good player but will need teams built for him im guessing. E#, another player whose been picking up NFE, luckily he is self-sufficient so PH and sans won't need to be building for all swsh. hys is a great sm player and seems to know a lot about other players, he had a good record in the nfepl's before, I'm sure he will do good in this nfepl too even though it has a massive change of players. I've played a ton of friendlies against sans and she's a really good oras player and maybe the best in this pool, although having bad showing in the recent nfe team tours she didn't play oras in those, and she beat all the oras e4 before getting decrowned by ho3n. mael and neo are both interchangeable, mael is good and will need teams built for him from neomon and neomon is good at any old gens so I think they will both do good if they either get slotted in bw or dpp. if monferno's swsh do good I think they could win since they have good old gens.

predicted lineup:

swsh: Thimo
swsh: King leo v
swsh: Kaif
sm: OD
sm: Velvet blood/Arctic
oras: Arctic/donno
bw: ggopw
dpp: Tomahawk

Pazza- this team inevitable would be #1 since both of their managers are good af at swsh so they can just play that and pick up a cheap 3k pick like kaif to play ss3 there and he's also self-sufficient and focus all of their money into old gens. both thimo and king Leo v are good players and builders so they'll do good. Omnious played last year in nfepl and went 4-0 in sm so yea he's pretty good there. 2nd sm will either be velvet or arctic depending on if arctic will play oras if not. I can see arctic winning in both slots. oras will prolly have to be donno cuz arctic says he really doesn't want to play oras this nfepl but he can't play old gens either since this team is stacked in old gens so arctic will have to play sm or stay in oras. ggopw got to finals of bw cup and got haxed out by tack and with support from stevy/arctic he'll do really good here, same goes for tomahawk if he picks up the tier fast and get's support from arctic and stevy he will do good. Stevy is in a weird situation here since they drafted him for old gens while already having arctic and then got tomahawk. Cursola are undisputable #1 for me with having good swsh players + kaif and amazing old gens.

Hys-I think Corsolas have a great draft, but there's a bit of a weird situation with having Stevy on a team that doesn't need him. I think for this team to be a guaranteed first place they should maybe trade him for someone to fill a 3rd SS slot or ORAS if Arctic is playing SM. Thimo/Leo is ofc a great SS core, and should have a great winrate even if your third option is Velvet/kaif. GGOPW/Tomahawk should be a good oldgens core, if Tomahawk learns the meta and plays up to his standard from a few years ago. OD will be the anchor for the team's SM, and will probably be building for the 2nd SM slot unless Arctic is placed there. if Arctic isnt there, then the SM looks weaker but if he pulls out some ORAS wins the team should overall be better. (they probably could have drafted Indol last over Donno to make this team even better). There's not much to say about this team; above-average pieces at every slot lands them at first place, but can easily crumble if certain players under perform or need more support than they expect. 20k arctic is a wild meme, let's hope he can showcase his skill and building to help out the rest of his team.

Lets hope everyone has fun, and make this the best PL yet!​

Last edited:

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
hey guys, welcome to my COMPLETELY 10000% unbiased predictions. This draft had some really questionable moments but nonetheless, let’s see who’s ass and who’s not!

I’m sorry roses but, what happened to your teams draft plan? your first pick up was voltage and spent *looks at sheet* 12 thousand??? Besides cheryl, Miyami, voltage, and the occasional calucha, half of this team doesn’t play nfe or hasn’t once in their lives. Honestly you guys should make some trades or something because if not, this team is gonna do dogshit.

With players like TTK and Shing, you would be impressed at first, then u see players like somalia and Sadistic Narwhal and think, huh what the hell happened there? 90% of this team will have to have major building support or else ur gonna get mediocre teams built my mediocre players and that’s not good in the long run. Not to mention, who’s playing oras for this team lmao?? Trade someone for oras

I ain’t even gonna lie, Ho3n and uhu together for SS is great. But the team is really top heavy, uhu just came off a mediocre tour display in ompl, you have too many ss/sm players, and are relying on someone like Jordy to learn the meta fast enough to do good. What really makes my blood boil about this team is the fact they spent 13 FUCKING THOUSAND on FILLE in 2020. don’t get me wrong, he was great when he was tl but that was ages ago, why spend so much on a guy who hasn’t played at all in the tournament scene since nfepl2??? Old gens support is really Ass as well with really just spacial knowing how to play dpp and bw on this team, not to mention who tf is gonna build for old gens.

This team is pretty nice but the major hole here is old gens support, besides oras, who’s building for old gens? I really like the possible ss players like Jett and MAMP, but half of this team will need to be passed teams. Not to mention half of their team has never played nfe. I’m glad they got a self sufficient oras like pazza since he’s a great builder in oras but besides oras, either thorx or someone else who’s filling bw/dpp is gonna have to do well and learn to support themselves or else it isn’t gonna end well for the morgrems.

at this point, the next 3 teams could interchange with each other in rankings and it would still be viable. The nuzleafs are nice, only problem I see with them is their SM, I feel like they will definitely need support building for whoever starts there but nonetheless, if the rest of the team does well, this team definitely could go far.

As said earlier, 2-4 are interchangeable. This team is well built but their SS seems suspect to me. Nonetheless if Bugzinator, ham, and someone like Euphonos get good teams and know even a bit about NFE, I feel like they should do fine. Hope sans doesn’t flop in oras too because that would not be a good thing for the team.

I don’t have many criticisms of this team. I like this team overall, I hope they find a solid oras who can build. Could see this team winning it all honestly. You just wanna keep ur ss up with team support.

Leo did amazing drafting here, thimo, Leo, and kaif in SS?? That’s one of, if not the best SS trio in this tour. OD was good in SM last nfepl and I could see someone like velv or Donno playing Second SM which is good with support. Arctic playing ORAS is their best bet and definitely should stick him there. ggopw with support is great as well, and if tomahawk learns the meta I’m sure they will do great as well. Helping this team and overall I got them winning this tour with the right pieces, support, and play. hopefully no hax either.
free axews.

TTK

Webtoon Character
is a Community Contributor
So with week 7 practically done and brionnes unable to secure playoffs, and my final inkling to play this game extinguished, it's time I do the appreciation/shout out post that people sometimes do in tours like this.

BP:
So I was just chilling one day watching anime and BP messaged me on discord to be the assistant manager and at first, I was hesistant. I have never been in a managing role on this site even after 5 years and I was questioning whether or not I could be bothered. But I appreciated the fact that he asked me over anybody else fsr so I thought to myself "You might as well do this, it'll be a good experience for your future on the site etc" (not knowing I was gonna dip afterwards anyway but I digress). Thanks for asking me to do this, it was a fun ride. You were pretty motivated about this when it got announced that the team number would be extended so from that point, I was willing to stick with this until it ended.

Shing:
Sucks overall you couldn't get number 1 SS overall but you're the best SS NFE in my opinion. The dedication to the tier, which frankly isn't that good was cool to see, constantly building every week, analysing your finished games. People at the start of this tour said I was free DPP prep and yes, that was the case but it doesn't mean nothing if I have no one to test with and that's where Shing came in. Every week, it was literally Shing helping me test my DPP teams, agreeing with me to use broken rain week 1, telling me to try mixed Monferno and I unfortunately put up a poor performance 4 weeks consecutively. You made my DPP prep easier and you won most of your games so thanks for that.

Narwhal:
I didn't know you were before the draft but BP was fixed on drafting you for some reason and kept telling me this guy is good. You put up a good front in SS, despite how the tier is, going through Pikachu ban, all of that stuff. Ik you were angry over the MAMP loss but you did well in a tier you didn't play prior to this tour and you managed to get wins off established names like Plas and Hamx4 so don't be too angry. We all could've done better.

MJ:
After the Somalia fiasco (Somalia will get a mention too dw) and we bought you, you were motivated to get into the tier and I thank you for that. We didn't interact much but you showed that you wanted to win and I appreciate that.

PD:
My former mafia compatriot from last year who I was adamant on buying this year and I succeeded. PD is just a guy you want to have on your squad. He is motivated and always willing to do testing and try different stuff. In the early parts of the tour, I remember PD spamming me SM battles so he could test and I was lowkey thinking "When will it end xd" but it was fun playing SM again. PD is also the funniest guy on the team, dude straight up sent a video of him in his car cheering about someone winning a game. It was good fun being on the same team again PD

Elgino:
Elgino never fails to deliver in terms of winning, the Skysolo game extremely unfortunate but otherwise, you displayed good skill in every game you played, were active to test for SM, you and PD were always testing to my knowledge and I just want to say good job on that front.

TBZ:
I'm happy you didn't cancer despite the fact you were benched for most of the weeks but when you played, you tried your best to win so I can't fault that. You were also good SM support so thanks!

Atago:
Iwantatagotositonme to sit on me. Moving on lol, me and BP were stumped on ORAS slots during the auction and I honestly didn't know you were but we managed to grab you for 5k and you put up a great performance. 4-2 is pretty good.

raf:
thanks for the ORAS support raf, we really did need that because I have no clue about ORAS, idt anyone else did so you contributed a lot to the oldgens. You also played BW which I now came to appreciate it's not that memey anymore.

trace:
you're a chill dude, thanks for playing BW for our team. When we started the tour, I hadn't touched BW and no one else really played so we were in the same position as I took on the role as our team's BW prep. I feel like as the tour went on, we got used to the meta and it didn't seem like you didn't enjoy playing so that's cool.

Somalia:
Finally Somalia. Week 1 game sure that was unfortunate loss, week 2 you managed to beat Tack albeit with hax but we take those but week 3, it was a winnable matchup but you refused to play it out and unfortunately cancered and we had to SB. I'm not angry about it really, at the end of the day it's pokemon lmao and we got someone who was motivated to play in the end but yeah, thanks for winning 1 game at least.

Thanks for reading, I'll be fading in darkness now but as I do, let's get rid of hail in DPP, you can't be telling me that shit is competitive. DPP UU banned Abomasnow for a reason xD. Walrein dumb and so is Sealeo. It doesn't lose once it clicks Sub

So with week 7 practically done and brionnes unable to secure playoffs, and my final inkling to play this game extinguished, it's time I do the appreciation/shout out post that people sometimes do in tours like this.

BP:
So I was just chilling one day watching anime and BP messaged me on discord to be the assistant manager and at first, I was hesistant. I have never been in a managing role on this site even after 5 years and I was questioning whether or not I could be bothered. But I appreciated the fact that he asked me over anybody else fsr so I thought to myself "You might as well do this, it'll be a good experience for your future on the site etc" (not knowing I was gonna dip afterwards anyway but I digress). Thanks for asking me to do this, it was a fun ride. You were pretty motivated about this when it got announced that the team number would be extended so from that point, I was willing to stick with this until it ended.

Shing:
Sucks overall you couldn't get number 1 SS overall but you're the best SS NFE in my opinion. The dedication to the tier, which frankly isn't that good was cool to see, constantly building every week, analysing your finished games. People at the start of this tour said I was free DPP prep and yes, that was the case but it doesn't mean nothing if I have no one to test with and that's where Shing came in. Every week, it was literally Shing helping me test my DPP teams, agreeing with me to use broken rain week 1, telling me to try mixed Monferno and I unfortunately put up a poor performance 4 weeks consecutively. You made my DPP prep easier and you won most of your games so thanks for that.

Narwhal:
I didn't know you were before the draft but BP was fixed on drafting you for some reason and kept telling me this guy is good. You put up a good front in SS, despite how the tier is, going through Pikachu ban, all of that stuff. Ik you were angry over the MAMP loss but you did well in a tier you didn't play prior to this tour and you managed to get wins off established names like Plas and Hamx4 so don't be too angry. We all could've done better.

MJ:
After the Somalia fiasco (Somalia will get a mention too dw) and we bought you, you were motivated to get into the tier and I thank you for that. We didn't interact much but you showed that you wanted to win and I appreciate that.

PD:
My former mafia compatriot from last year who I was adamant on buying this year and I succeeded. PD is just a guy you want to have on your squad. He is motivated and always willing to do testing and try different stuff. In the early parts of the tour, I remember PD spamming me SM battles so he could test and I was lowkey thinking "When will it end xd" but it was fun playing SM again. PD is also the funniest guy on the team, dude straight up sent a video of him in his car cheering about someone winning a game. It was good fun being on the same team again PD

Elgino:
Elgino never fails to deliver in terms of winning, the Skysolo game extremely unfortunate but otherwise, you displayed good skill in every game you played, were active to test for SM, you and PD were always testing to my knowledge and I just want to say good job on that front.

TBZ:
I'm happy you didn't cancer despite the fact you were benched for most of the weeks but when you played, you tried your best to win so I can't fault that. You were also good SM support so thanks!

Atago:
Iwantatagotositonme to sit on me. Moving on lol, me and BP were stumped on ORAS slots during the auction and I honestly didn't know you were but we managed to grab you for 5k and you put up a great performance. 4-2 is pretty good.

raf:
thanks for the ORAS support raf, we really did need that because I have no clue about ORAS, idt anyone else did so you contributed a lot to the oldgens. You also played BW which I now came to appreciate it's not that memey anymore.

trace:
you're a chill dude, thanks for playing BW for our team. When we started the tour, I hadn't touched BW and no one else really played so we were in the same position as I took on the role as our team's BW prep. I feel like as the tour went on, we got used to the meta and it didn't seem like you didn't enjoy playing so that's cool.

Somalia:
Finally Somalia. Week 1 game sure that was unfortunate loss, week 2 you managed to beat Tack albeit with hax but we take those but week 3, it was a winnable matchup but you refused to play it out and unfortunately cancered and we had to SB. I'm not angry about it really, at the end of the day it's pokemon lmao and we got someone who was motivated to play in the end but yeah, thanks for winning 1 game at least.

Thanks for reading, I'll be fading in darkness now but as I do, let's get rid of hail in DPP, you can't be telling me that shit is competitive. DPP UU banned Abomasnow for a reason xD. Walrein dumb and so is Sealeo. It doesn't lose once it clicks Sub
ily and the whole lot of you. No one i'd rather spend nfepl4 with aside from crazystevy, cheese555, ominousdraco, and hys

raf

quite alright
is a Tiering Contributor
RIP the dream. Brionnes still numba 1 in my heart tho so i gotta do the shoutouts.

BP :
Having bp as a manager is like having a super passionate dad who goes to all your sports games and is cheering the loudest from the stands.
This guy was really trying his hardest to help everyone out and stay motivated and ofc yelling in caps during the games so we never felt alone.
Even tho he kept saying hes not the best at mons, he was still in every channel in every gen helping out as much as he could and that is very nice to see from a manager. Didn't know him before this tour started but now i know hes a cool dude. :blobthumbsup:

Toy Time King :
Manager numba 2. This guy was the only one that had any semblance of DPP experience so was basically a one man show there unfortunately. And even tho he did not have the most motivation later on, he kept trying his best in a wack ass meta. He may be quitting soon but hes still da goat for that. You may have stopped caring about mons but I still appreciate your support for the team :)

Shing'n Streets :
My man shing... Words cannot describe how amazing this guy is at whatever he does.
1598874970002.png

Shing was legit carrying the entire team on his back and was the most active in the chat by farrrr. I didn't even have any clue who this guy was but I expected him to be at least somewhat decent when he went for 17.5k. However he blew all my expectations out of the water. Man was grinding all day all night pumping out teams for all 3 SS slots while also trying to learn every single other gen on the back so he could help test with us. Fucking madlad. On top of being the biggest workhorse on the team, hes also a really nice guy so what more can someone ask for in a teammate.
I don't think anyone on our team would disagree that Shing is the fucking MVP. He said hes gonna quit mons now and thats epic bc this game sucks, so his talent would be more useful elsewhere and i wish him the best of luck with life. He's the goat.

PD :
The purpledoosher was one of the guys who I knew of but had never been in the same team with and now I hope to be his teammate in future as well because this guys undeniably an extremely positive presence in the chat. Aside from that he's also the second coming of jesus and can control hax at will by getting freezes whenever he wants. I always think motivated and funny players are better than skilled players for a team tour, but fortunately this guy fits both those criterias. Nobody else will send their team a video of themselves cheering a teammate on or a video apologizing for not doing better. Great guy, 10/10 would recommend to future managers.

I want Atago to sit on me :
Yea honestly i don't have much to say about this guy. Idk who he is or where he came from but the first thing he did was turn me into his teambuilding slave for the entire season. Hes lucky i actually enjoyed building some wack ass teams otherwise i would have cancered after week 3 along with somalia. On the real tho i was really nervous to build for oras since everyone was telling me it was a shit meta. But this guy kept winning with my teams so it was a real nice boost in confidence. Plus we've already been friends for a while so having a teammate u know is always amazing. Thanks for not going negative bro :heart:

trace :
Fellow weeb and also overall really talented guy. He did not do too bad despite never having played the tier before, so only respect for him and I also hope he had fun playing because thats all that matters in the end. He was pretty busy with life too but still got 5 games in while also flexing his polyglot skills in the chat. Good luck in future tours and i hope we team up again !

SaDiSTiCNarwhal :
Only knew this guy from mafia like 4 years ago but was surprised to see that hes actually nice at this game. Respectable performance by him in the un-tier that is SS. He seemed to actually be throwing his own ideas for teams at shing even tho hes no NFE expert which I thought was cool and he also ended up getting some super clutch wins. Keep it up my friend !

Thunder~BALLZ :
My friend tbz. Poor guy was working all day every week so could not live up to his own expectations even though he was extremely motivated at the start. Truly unfortunate but it was still nice to have another old friend in my team and it really gave me a confidence boost in the earlier weeks. I'm sure everyone else also appreciates this guy being there even if he was not able to be as active as expected.

Elgino10 :
Also knew this guy before but had never really talked. He showed to be pretty good at SM and did not need much support at all, which helped me in focusing more on ORAS which was pretty good. Still had fun testing with you a few times and you were a nice presence in general too.
Good luck in the future buddy.

MJ :
I already knew this guy was good so it was nice to get him as a replacement for our SS slot. Solid player but his inexperience in this tier held him back I think. Chill guy though, and I hope you had a good time in the team even if it was short-lived. :blobthumbsup:

SOMALIA:
yup.

additional shoutouts:
anime sans and pazza :
My ORAS buddies. Literally helped me every single week with both testing and throwing ideas on the wall to see what would stick in this unholy tier that everyone else refuses to touch. Love you both <3

PH :
my man ph. Thank you for forgetting to run priority moves else my record would currently be negative. You said you wanted to be in this post but I was gonna include you anyway. Glad we got to become friends during this PL and good luck in playoffs sir.

final shoutouts to my mom for giving me birth and allowing me to be a part of the Burning Heart Brionnes. I have many regrets for my personal performance, but this was still extremely enjoyable. Couldnt have asked for a better group of beautiful individuals to be teamed up with.
Although our run was ended abruptly, I will still only remember this NFEPL for the good times and new friends that I made along the way. Thanks for the fun 7 weeks during this global pandemic and making staying at home much more enjoyable. :)

As the Thwacksters are out for this season, I wanted to give some shoutouts to my team members.

Ho3nConfirm3d
I had high hopes for Ho3n going into the season, and I can safely say those hopes were entirely realized. Ho3n was proactive in helping us test/build teams, and basically carried the ORAS slot by himself, both of which are commendable. The biggest takeaway from my time with Ho3n though was just how nice he was to me and my teammates. Overall, it was a pleasure working with you, Ho3n, and thank you for choosing to draft me this season! I hope we find continued success in ZUPL :blobthumbsup:

uhuhuhu7
Uhu showed a level of consistency and skill in both his building and playing for the, if I may be blunt, rather stagnant SS meta. Not too much more to say here, you had a great showing out there uhu and I hope that we can work together again sometime!

Jordy I didn't talk with you much, but I appreciated your dedication to winning the day for our team. Keep it up fren

OM I know you didn't have a great run in SS this season, but you put in an honest effort, which I respect a hell of a lot.

MZ One of only a few players on my team that I'd interacted with before this PL, you showed a lot of skill out there, performing well in SM and even taking a BW win despite having no prior experience with NFE BW and using my weak-as-fuck-to-Electabuzz team. I didn't interact with you much aside from the BW week, but I can safely say you had a great run this season.

martha The goat in terms of flexibility, you did amazing in both DPP and BW. I still crack up when I remember what you said about no team preview metas being nerve-wracking to play, and I had a great time both building for and talking with you.

RaJ.Shoot more like RaJ.Winner

tlenit1 I know we aren't on the friendliest terms rn, but your performance in SS was excellent overall, and it would be petty of me to not acknowledge that.

OranBerryBlissey10 If martha was the goat with flexibility, you're the goat of rolling up with wacky shit. You had some nutty ideas that worked out, and although you lost your final match of the season (in a cruel twist of fate) to a gimmick TR team, it was awesome seeing what unconventional stuff you came up with, especially the CB Zweilous. Great work out there, chief!

Lasen As the other player I built for, you did your best in a volatile meta, and even when RNGesus himself tried to stop you with a freeze from Snover's Blizzard, you didn't give up. You're a great DPP player, and I hope to see you playing the meta again next year!

Rabia Along with Ho3n, you took care of managerial tasks on behalf of the team. Though you didn't play, I still value your contributions to the team as much as I do the players.

Lastly, I gotta give a huge shoutout to my boy PH for helping me with my builds in the crazy meta that is BW. They were instrumental in testing out concepts for teams, and are probably the main reason I was able to go positive in BW. I'm glad I got to work with you, and I'm hoping my assistance will prove useful the to the Mafia.

It's been fun to play this season, and I'm incredibly grateful to have been drafted in spite of my relative newness to the tier as a whole. I'll be sticking with NFE, so I hope to play again next season!

Week 7 gonna be like

View attachment 271152

This post went into the flush once the Brionnes are out LOL. Oh well, I'll do a shoutout then since I really liked this team like a lot.

Somalia
Thank you for playing with us for 3 weeks. I learned how to synergize with new players coming to NFE and if it wasn't for you I wouldn't expand my knowledge on other archetypes I lacked on. I'm still sad you left instead of being mad, but I understand your decision. Hope the best with you IRL/Pokemon and thanks for giving us good momentum at the start.

MJ
You were also with us shortly, but I think that's all fine. You were a fun person to have a conversation about Chess, Language, and Europe talks, and I had fun building with you and very happy you tried to build your own. Wish I could have talked with you and trace at the same time, now that would be a time I won't forget. Good luck with Smogon tours and whatever you will do.

Trace
I don't need to tell how crazy, yet amazing as a person you are. I enjoyed our novels/manga/anime discussion, language discussion, and a lot about yourself. You did make the chat more colorful and I'm sure everyone else had a good ass time to talk with you. And I'm proud of you taking some great wins. Good luck with translating manga/novels and I hope you get what you want after this pandemic. Thanks for being a member with the Brionnes :)

Banana Spritzee/Thunder~BALLZ
You were unfortunate the person I talked the least. Mostly due to you had to focus a lot on your job and the timezone can be the blame. Regardless I've always seen you cheering and always worry about us, and you were still playing NFEPL matches when others needed a break which is needed. Thank you for the high cheering and support when you were online. Take care of yourself and thank you for being in the crew :>

I want Atago to sit on me
Good taste in anime sir, and amazing performance at NFEPL brah. Seeing your gameplay got me always hyped and you were fun to talk too although I wished I could talk more with you I suppose lol. Thanks for having good synergy with your other teammates and enjoy with the w/e anime you are watching. Thank you for being a strong member of the NFEPL IV tournament IWATSOM.

SaDiSTiCNarwhal (yes I copied the caps in here)
I enjoyed my time with you. You were always up for testing and actually adjusting pokemon I made for you for your own preferences/thoughts. I know you're upset with your performance, but I'll admit I respect you more when you understood your own issues and frustrations in each match. Seeing someone analyzing the matches and trying to understand is always a plus in my book. Wish I could talk with you more since you are also a MiA fan, but happens. Thanks for taking some good upsets and tied at week 4/5 and keep the momentum as long you could. You did well for a new beginner at NFE.

Elgino
Thanks for playing the tests with me. I learned a lot from understanding SM NFE through the matches and you're cool. Always enjoyed our small chat while testing, even we didn't talk that much to each I'm sure you're a cool person. Ngl tho you got my ass while testing and I got lowkey salty LOL but I had a ton of fun while you did a lot of hard reads on me. Good luck with smogon stuff and good shit being positive in this tournament, you impressed me.

Raf
Damn bro, you're one hell of a guy and I like it. You are always active for testing and you play a lot of different NFE Gens too. You're also very active at both NFE and Brionne Servers and I just appreciate your presence in general. If you weren't at our crew then I think we wouldn't be holding up as long we could, so thank you for being such a goat. Man tho it sucks we didn't advance in the playoffs and it's just pain. But I'm happy being in the same team with you and you impressed me overall. Thanks for being such a crazy member for Brionnes and I wish the best for you Raf.

PD
My man, you're one funky ass person but you got them poke-skills lol. Grats on staying positive and ending it at SS funny enough. Now you're such a fun person to interact and I'm happy that you were such positive support in the team chat. You got me even chuckling at times with those videos and you did also make the chat more fun for everyone to talk into. Only thing I'll say is to stay safe ;P
Serious-wise thanks for being a strong member and good luck on whatever you do too. Glad to meet you PD because you are different than a lot of people I've met, and well done at the tournament.

Toy Time King
You're still the King in DPP in my eyes brah, and thanks for being the co-manager. Testing with you was always interesting, but talking with you on DPP was way more enjoyable. I felt like I learned a lot playing the meta and I'm glad to have you to see someone I can learn from this meta. And you were also very to talk with, especially when it came to anime discussion at Brionnes server haha. Now it's sad you will be leaving soon, so I wish you the best what you ever want to do. You're a rad dude and I wish I could talk to you on other things. But I had an extremely fun time interacting with you regardless so there's nothing bad coming up from you. Thank you for making NFEPL IV an enjoyable experience for me.

BP aka Broken Phobias
I'll admit something to you. I didn't want to be in your team as much I wanted, however that thought went away and I regret being so negative like that and to you, I am sorry. After knowing you more, seeing that you only want your members to have fun and you were just rather a chill guy even with your shitposts I came to respect and like you more as a person as time went. I don't think I would have a chill manager like you that picked up based on synergy and underlooked players as I underestimated you lol. You're cool bro and I wish that you will get what you want to achieve and stay safe you too. Thanks for being our manager and thank you for giving support to everyone whenever you are on ps and type in the team chat and goes: LET'S FUCKING GOO BRIONNES
You're good and I respect you bro, take care!

The only downside I'll say is that brionnes made me feel a weeb again smh my head, but that's not bad at all because I enjoyed it.
Special small shoutout to mah girl Tack for being supportive and helping me building teams through the NFEPL IV, you're a good pal :)
And also to Antares bc he has always been up and tested with me in SS through NFEPL, ty bro.
Thanks to the HSOWA and Simbo for hosting NFEPL IV, and well played to every opponent of mine, wish the best for them at playoffs.
It was long but overall NFEPL IV was a good tournament for me :mad:
GGs.

Jett

gn gobodachis
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Morgrem's run ended earlier than I expected, but that's ok it happens mons is mons. Gonna drop my shoutouts here tho before I sleep

xavgb I feel bad that going 8-0 somehow isn't enough for us to win this tournament, but here we are. It's actually insane how good at mons you are lmao and it was actually incredible how you would pretty much consistently beat me in test games except when you bring some random unmon. I'm really glad I picked you up since I knew you could build for yourself and not have me worry building even more teams. Like some of the matchups you had were really funny and it's crazy to look back and see you win them somehow. I think you've established yourself as the best SS NFE player in the current metagame, and I hope you keep relatively up to date with the metagame as it'll probably change in the near future.

MAMP When I saw how active you were during the early weeks of the post DLC metagame, I knew you were a must buy with the level of olay you showed and how good the teams you built were. During this PL, I was really impressed with each of the teams that you brought being pretty unique to what a lot of others were bringing in what is regarded as a very top heavy metagame.You got us some important wins during the early weeks when I was struggling to figure out what the hell I was doing. I think you did an awesome job at being a consistent player for our team. I hope you continue to play some NFE when you're not busy playing other OMs.

Rav3ndan it's sort of funny to look back at when you would laugh about NFE in the past, but I'm really happy that you changed your mind and actually decided to play it. I was glad that I was able to get you for really cheap cause I knew you were gonna be really good and you definitely proved a lot of people who would doubt you multiple times in their predictions wrong. You were also really helpful in providing support for SS and even suggestions in the old gens despite your lack of experience in them, which was very much appreciated. Definitely happy with you being my last pickup of the draft.

Skysolo aka Strap. After we subbed you in, something clicked and our team just started winning every week and you definitely played a big part in helping us turn things around. Thanks for being flexible when we moved you over from SS into SM. You did a really good job when we literally just passed you teams and your prior experience only being the few test games we would play. Outside of being a great player, you're just extremely chill to be around and really funny to talk to. Honestly should have started you week 1 so you had more games but it's whatever, you did great anyways.

Catalystic The SM NFE goat. I don't even know how they let me get you for so cheap and you popped off pretty much every week. I'm really happy that :xavgb: and 7 year old told me to get you since you were a huge reason to why we were able to be so successful during the regular season. It was really great that you would actually challenge and question my builds and that you would actively try to fix the team or adjust it to your preferences or what worked better, especially with a lot of the spreads and filler moves mons would run. I was also impressed with how quickly you grasped the metagame and how much time and effort you would put into testing teams with marj and I to make sure the teams were as close to perfect as possible, when most players probably wouldn't.

pazza Things really didn't work out for you which was really unfortunate. Nevertheless you always kept a positive attitude and you ended up being a great cheerleader and team support for ORAS after we had to limit your power by benching you. Despite being somewhat hesitant to buy you during the draft, I think it was definitely worth it in the end. I really hope that next PL goes better for you because I feel you got unlucky with matchups for some of your games and you definitely deserved at least a win or two.

GL Volkner Sorry we tossed you into the hell named ORAS NFE. I hope you enjoyed being with the team at least since you're always chill and I'm glad we managed to get you a win. Definitely some unfortunate games that were lost but I'm not fussed about it since I think you still did good. I had to buy you after being on Mags together and it was definitely funny seeing you and strap be clowns in our general channel and then proceed to start ping wars. Maybe next time you'll see more success but looking forward to whenever we end up on a team together again and hopefully we'll win when that happens and hopefully you don't get stuck in a bad metagame; we'll put strap there instead hehe.

Fille I honestly didn't know what to expect since you hadn't played NFE for a while and old gens were created way after you were TL but you sid a phenomenal job. Thanks for filling in for me in BW NFE when my initial plan failed lmao. And thanks again for trying to fix our ORAS slot and getting us our only win there. You picked these metagames up so quickly which is pretty insane and a massive reason why we managed to get some crucial wins during the latter half of the first 7 weeks. Also thanks for providing the team with a great source of entertainment by telling us about what you do in real life. Overall you were an amazing pickup for the team and played a key part to the amazing synergy between all our players.

Lord Thorx It's unfortunate how a lot of your matchups went at the start of the PL because your record doesn't reflect your performance at all. I'm also grateful that you let me bench you to allow for someone else to play and for me to slot myself into DPP. I'm glad we did eventually get you a win though but wish we found the winning formula much sooner.

Thanks uhuhuhu7 and raf for helping out and being chill in the last week. Unfortunate that it wasn't enough to bring home the victory I'm still very thankful for your help.

And of course, I can't forget about Marjane . Thanks for letting me simp you this during PL... I mean be your assman. I think we did a really good job and had an unfortunate ending to what would have been a very dominant performance. People often like to shittalk you for various reasons (still don't get it to be honest but those people suck), but you provided a lot for the team especially behind the scenes when it came to prepping, and together building multiple teams within an hour of when the actual game and have them win. It was unfortunate in the one game you played, you lost, but I don't regret letting you buy yourself. The team atmosphere you created was amazing albeit interesting at times hehe, but it was a really fun ride and I really hope we get the opportunity to be on the same team again in the future. Maybe next year Marjane and ImpiSimps will win.

This is where the post becomes less happy so feel free to read it if you want to but I'm leaving it in a tab anyways.

Part of me is glad PL is over since the switch the 8 team was complete ass and made this even more draining than it should of been, and I'm sure some people feel the same way, but w/e nothing can be done about that. During NFEPL I've been contemplating a lot about my future on the site. I still enjoy mons (most of the time), although these 8 weeks sometimes made it hard to consistently find the motivation to build teams and test for all the gens. I think I just need a break from tours, idk I've never been successful in any really which is why it probably sucks more. This was like the first time I made playoffs in a team tour lol so there is that. Honestly, without like DPP OU tutoring and it turning out to be a metagame that I've really been enjoying, this tour would have been way harder for me to get through since it let me take my mind off NFEPL at times. Enough whining from me and to keep this part short, I think I'll just stick to working on improving the NFE metagame for the time being and working on the resources especially DPP NFE, cause that metagame is wacky but fun. Maybe I'll be interested in participating in tours again soon but for now I just want to chill :>.

We had the best team name!!

Morgrem_freemans.png

Also going to do shoutouts because I have had an amazing time throughout this PL thanks to all of these guys, you were all amazing and deserved a shoutout on el forum.

Jett The one and only foot fetish lord, thank you again for managing with me. You're a great friend and nice person to be around, I definitely wouldn't have been able to do it without you and I'm so glad it happened. You helped make our discord a really fun and enjoyable environment but most of all you were an amazing manager. Your support for this team was always great and you were always there when I wasn't. Very proud of you for not giving up because it is too easy to get tired of this tier, no matter the gen you play. I know the first couple of weeks were a bit rough for you in BW but you really outdid yourself in the end when you migrated onto DPP.

xavgb not that much money was spent on you but every penny was so WORTH IT. I actually don't think I know anyone better at the pocket monsters but as expected you went undefeated and brought fun teams every week. Thank you for being invested in this tour and supporting yourself each coming week. You were always there to give your opinions on teams and helping out other SS players, you were also a great in chat and super fun to have around. Really hope you'll stick around to the tier because you're one of the fews who really try to push this metagame forward and you're always on the discord spreading out your metagame takes which we all welcome because frankly you're also never wrong.

Catalystic mr catastrophic more like mr i never played NFE in my life but still managed to go 7-1 hello!! Honestly crazy we managed to get you for so little. I had no expectations from you, I just knew you were a good player and GL Volkner said you would be worth but like damn. Best under dog I have seen if I ever saw one. You were there to win every week with talent, you always tested teams even 5 minutes befor the game to make sure we had ground resists because we do be forgetting. Thank you so much for carrying our team with stresh, you were amazing on discord as well, hope you had a great experience in NFE because this tier cannot be better without you in it.

Rav3ndan from down unda, always planned on drafting you, also wanted to steal you from uhu because uhu sucks. You're a great builder and support to have around, you honestly didn't disappoint and showed that you knew what you were talking about and I'm really happy about your performance throughout this season because you really did help us out so much. You were also super fun to talk to on discord, who knew someone who grew carrots could be funny? I hope you'll stick around in NFE because you're a great asset to this tier n_n

MAMP also from down unda, you and stresh were players Jett and I really wanted in our team. Despite being very quiet you're an amazing builder and player and I'm glad you were motivated enough to show up every week with your own teams and managed to have a great record (as expected). Even when you didn't share your teams with us, I didn't mind because I knew you'd bop the opponent. You're a cool person and I hope you had a great time with us this season!

Skysolo mr straponsolo I really like you and I was honestly shocked at how good you were as a player despite having liked your win posts in mdl for a couple of years now. Having said that you still blew me away, you managed to play two gens and still win almost all of your games, you were happy to get sent builds and we were happy to send them. You have a great personality and you were always active and checking up the server, it was a pleasure working with you and I really hope you got to like our tier as much as we liked having you play it!

GL Volkner I'm so sorry we forced you to play ORAS, we didn't know it was a cursed slot. I still think you did great for someone who had never touched NFE before and I really hope you're not beating yourself down because I wouldn't have done much better tbh. You're an amazing person with great kindness and charm and I still hope that you had a good time with us in the end and that you'll stick around for next pl hopefully because any team would be lucky to have you!

Fille LOVE LOVE LOVE Fille and I'm so happy you ended up with us where you belong!!! You're an amazing friend and it is so impressive how quickly you adjusted yourself to oldgens and were able to come out on top, you were great for this team and I couldn't imagine Morgrems without you. I was so happy to have you on the discord as well, you have an amazing personality and great ambiance to get down to talk about everything, now please get a netflix so we can netflix party!!!

pazza mr pazza, we drafted you for your amazing oras skills and even if it didn't go as planned you are still really cool (wooo!). You were invested and didn't give up providing support for the other oras slots. You were also really nice to have around and I hope we didn't desentize you too much from your 1v1 friends and community, this is a growing experience and we can only get better, you'll go 7-0 or smth next pl I'm 100% sure of it!

Lord Thorx our DPP star, I'm sorry we didn't get to support you as much as we wanted to because of timezones, but you still showed up and played your games and I'm still really happy that you were a part of our team, I hope you still had a good time in our server and had an overall enjoyable experience in this tournament.

extra shoutouts to Quagg and Shing'n Streets for all the tests, uhuhuhu7 and raf for joining our servers and helping us out, as well as the one and only Groot (idk what your smogon is) thank you for coming by and chatting with us, ily. also to all of the people in our hidden channel, you know who you are and I hope you all had a good time in there, feel free to continue chatting shit up!

now let's not forget we're still the team with the best name and best record so i made a chant for you all and your hard work!

:impidimp: imp :impidimp: imp :impidimp: imp, hooooray!!

pazza

Banned deucer.
nfepl was a super fun experience and even though we lost I still think morgrems were the best team in this tour (maybe biased '-')
firstly s/o my managers for drafting me. i've meet a ton of new people and made a lot of new friends from nfe :]

team shoutouts:

Jett OML GOAT. Managed to play 3 different gens this tour and still had an amazing record while also building SM and helping me with tests and stuff. Really cool person couldn't have asked for a better manager. <3
Marjane ily marjane. even though you didnt play many games you were a massive help to me and our sm slots by doing tests and building while also boosting our morale when we were losing weeks. and also taught me some new things kek
xavgb i've known you for a while and i still don't know how your so good at every tier, you should really get into real tours like snake or wcop and kick some ass. seriously though going 8-0 was pretty insane '-'
MAMP one of the most creative builders i've met on this site. everytime i would look at the teams you cooked up they'd look so wack but then in practice you would use them so well and win.
Rav3ndan didn't really know you before nfepl but you did pretty good this tour and had some really good builds. was fun talking to you in dms and doing test games against you
Skysolo STRAP. you fille and marjane would have the most interesting conversation in our chat, you also did super well in sm for never playing it before.
Catalystic this tour i figured about what an absolute menace you are at pokemon, going 7-1 in a tier you've never touched?!?! thats insane, you're also a pretty chill guy gl in your other tours
GL Volkner sorry you had to go into oras LOL, i still think you played pretty well considering on who you were against and using my trash builds xd. loved testing with you in oras
Fille lool our teamchat was so great cuz of you, would pop in drunk at night and start talking about random stuff. you're a funny af guy and a good player glad we had u
Lord Thorx i don't really know you but, you have great choices for pfp and anime so you're based

other shoutouts:

Simbo HSOWA thx for hosting this tour
raf MY PAKISTANI BROTHER, glad I met you your such a cool guy AND you watch god of highschool
PH poop haha, you went from being sub to having to take up neomon's spot in bw and you owned some players. gl in finals '-'
Jayi JAYI, gl with college, wish you played this nfepl your a cool guy '-'
Kaif imagine being 2-6 LOL, records dont mean everything the only thing that matters now is winning in finals :blobtriumph:
CrazyStevy your meme skills are soo good and it was fun talking to you, you're also a pretty underrated player imo since you didnt play that much this tour but you ur good as fuck. gl in finals u got this.
zioziotrip 1v1 friend goat going 2-0. hope you get released for finals bro hope you get subbed into finals bro
BloodAce0107 Thanks for making allahgator axew logo your the goat :]
BP funny af guy you did better than most people expected from you this nfepl, good work bro
uhuhuhu7 thanks for joining the teamcord was fun having you in there to complete the impisimp core lol
anime sans loved playing oras games against you, thanks for helping me build and do some test games. gl in finals
King Leo V you're a good as fuck player and an even better manager, losing multiple players but still going on and strong was pretty cool. gl in finals

to end this post I made a meme about my fellow morgrems who both had great records this tour

We didn't quite make it to finals even tho I know we were more than capable of doing so, but hey its Pokemon and doesn't always end up how you want it. This was my first time managing and u guys were perfect team mates and made it super easy. From day 1 I already felt the chemistry and amazing team atmosphere. Gonna miss discussing stuff in the chat with u guys every day<3

85percent man we have done so much stuff together and known each other for so long so finally getting a chance to manage together was so cool. Doing this with u made me feel very comfortable going into the draft. Our plan went very well since we ended up with all these amazing people. We knew we had to build a lot which we did, but I don't think we realised how much 9 weeks actually is lmao so we definitely had some moments were we felt drained out, but it was all worth it in the end. Was a pleasure to manage with you man!

frisoeva I didn't even know you before OMPL, but we had a really nice chemistry from the moment we first talked so drafting you here was satisfactory. You are such a cool guy and an amazing player. You can win with any mon you have decided to build around which is so funny to me (please teach me how to do that). After being on same team twice now I have learned so much from you when it comes to building and playing so I really hope we can team up again sometime. Good luck in snake draft ur gonna do great there!

EviGaro we knew you before this tour and knew you would be great to have on the team. You are so nice as a person and as a player. We know ur not happy with how it ended and we know you probably hate Corsola :D, but just having you on the team is what matters to us. We appreciate you a lot and looking forward to get to know you better. Good luck managing in snake draft Evi! I think you guys won 9-1 first week? Crazy.

byronthewellwell man you did really well. You were so easy to work with since all we had to do was build like 2 super solid teams and you kept winning with them. I counted in our discord chat and u said down to use hail again 4 times lmao. You were early in our draft plan for old gens because we knew how good you are as a player. Our DPP overall went 7-1 so thanks to you and Xayah for being great. Forgot to mention that you are a very positive person and Im very happy I got the chance to work with you.

DnB I’m very happy 85 convinced you to sign up. I didn’t know you at all before this tour so getting to know you was a pleasure! You are very funny and a great person and of course an amazing player. I didn’t help that much when it came to BW stuff, but I know you and 85 worked hard and it went really well. Im probably gonna say this like thousand times in this, but I hope we can team up again sometime. Oh yeah and me and 85 are very sorry that we didn’t use hail so sorry for that!

czim you are a very funny guy and a person every team appreciates. You clutched up week 2 which was very important for us and you were just very nice to have on the team. You helped when u had the chance in most servers which i personally appreciated a lot. The one time we actually let you use Seadra you of course asked for sub tho… so I suppose we have to team up another time so we can let that happen C:

aesf some of my favourite moments from this tour was watching your games and discussing with the other guys. You got really good at sm nfe very quickly which was a pleasure for me to see. I love how you play and you are such a cool person. I really hope we can team up in maybe OMPL sometime if I get the chance to play. I learned a lot from you man and happy we got to know each other. I think ur taking a break now which is well deserved after winning OM classic and doing so well here.

gorex where do I start? I have never met a person like you on this website. You say good morning every day and wish me a good day which honestly is very nice and I appreciate it a lot. You also gave me the nickname quagilicious which is very funny. Sorry that I’m very bad at sending food pictures because I know you wanna see what we eat over here, but its just not in my nature to take picture of what I eat lmao so sorry for that. We got a bit unlucky in ORAS sometimes and u deserve a better result, but its Pokemon and we really enjoyed having u on the team anyways. Hope we can team up again and we will def stay in touch! Forgot to say that you are always super positive and motivated everyone on the team all the time.

UBERLandon21 we knew u well before this tour and knew u were a person we wanted on the team. I feel like u could easily went like 5-0, but sometimes the game says no… or the timer. Anyways we really appreciated that you built your own teams and were always up for testing. Glad we were able to team up man. You are super cool and we will definitely stay in touch.

Roseybear you are such a positive person and an amazing team mate. Early weeks u were busy with other tours, but u were still here and cheered and offered to test. You were always ready if we needed a sub even tho you were busy with other tours. You even built your own teams. You are on fire right now and glad we got to have you on the team. Good luck in snake draft, grand slam and everything Rosey! You are great.

Xayah you joined this tour to try and maybe get back to Pokemon and we figured u were a person we want on our team. Already first day u were ready to sub since Byron was on holiday. You helped a lot on our DPP builds and when you played you played very well. Was very nice getting to know u man and I hope u stay! I really enjoyed the league clips u sent btw so sent more!!!

Thanks guys for making this tour a very fun experience. Hope we all can stay in touch.

Thanks to tlenit1 and Jrdn for drafting advice. Tried to get you both, but wasn't able to. Hopefully another time!

ojr I know that you really wanted to get drafted too and I'm sorry that it didn't happen, but u were in our discord chat cheering with us. You are very nice and a great player too with fire ideas. You will def get the chance soon.

Appreciated everyone that tested with us too.

I sadly don't have smogon superpowers so none of u will actually get a notification but ill just share it C:

Last edited:
nuzleaf_logo.png

Thanks again to CrazyStevy for this logo!

Quags already adressed a lot of things, so this might be a bit redundant. But since I had already started, I thought why not finish it. (This is very much not relevant, but while sorting the names alphabetically, I noticed that we have every letter from A-G. Not only did the Monferno Mafia steal our victory, more importantly they also stole all players starting with an H, thus breaking our chain)

aesf: Quags was the SM guy, so we didn't have a lot of contact. But I followed your discussions with him in the SM channel, and I think it's amazing how much effort you put into it. From the moment I watched your first test game vs Quags I knew that your games were going to be a pleasure to watch. I love how you play, honestly. Apparently you'll be taking a break now, but I'm looking forward to seeing you return.

byronthewellwell: Neither Quags nor I knew you before this tour, but we had only heard good things. And now we know why. Like a machine you showed up, picked up your team, and won – very clean. Our time zones weren't super compatible, but going to sleep to then wake up to another Byron win is certainly nice.

DnB: I'm very glad I could convince you to participate in this. I had high expectations, since we've known each other for a while, and you certainly didn't disappoint. Sometimes during your games I was wondering if you could see the future or something. If that's the case then you might see me participate in some german tours right now. If not, then you'll have to wait a bit to see that happen. Building BW with / for you was quite interesting. It is probably my favourite NFE generation now. I hope you enjoyed playing it and come back next year.

czim and EviGaro: I feel like you two were victims of a flaw in our draft plan. We focused a lot on picking good players, because we – in theory – could cover the building if needed. In the end it turned out to just be too much, and the slots that suffered the most in quality were the SS slots. I knew both of you before this tour, and I know that your records here do not reflect your playing skill whatsoever. Hopefully this doesn't discourage you from touching NFE. I very much appreciate that you stuck around and were willing to play, despite some very frustrating moments. I was trying to think of a pun, because those make up 50% of Czim's communication, but I can't think of any. So in the words of the wise barba atun: is okay lol.

frisoeva: I really love to meet people whose building differs from mine, so having you on the team was great. Focusing on the slots who couldn't build for themselves stopped me from taking part in your building, but just watching you was quite informative. We certainly appreciated how much effort you put into it, despite being quite busy with other tours – that some might consider more important. I wish you the best in Snake, and hope to see you around in NFE.

gorex: Alright. Where do I start. Something is wrong with you. No healthy human plays 10 tour games every day. And then there's your Quags obsession... that can't be healthy either. I'm very glad we got to meet you through this tour, and I hope to see you around as much as possible. I'm sorry my ORAS support kind of faded out during the later weeks, and that your luck in this tour was so consistently terrible. I hope you still had fun and show up next year to actually dominate ORAS.

UBERLandon21: I very much appreciated you building your own teams. It was a big help. As I mentioned with Czim and Evi, I wish we had supported the SS slots better, but I think you're pretty good at picking up building for a variety of formats. Seeing you build and perform in ZU / old gen ZU was one of the reasons we wanted to pick you up. Was a shame that last game had to end like it did. I hope you're not too bummed out about it.

Roseybear: You were super busy during this tour, so we didn't get to see you play much. But you were always available to sub in and deliver a clean performance. I'm very happy you're doing so well in other tours at the moment. Keep up that amazing work! And don't forget to show up in NFE from time to time.

Xayah: Quags and I obviously knew you from ZU, and knew how solid you were. I was super happy to see how involved you were in DPP at the beginning. Hopefully you don't feel like we didn't trust you as much as Byron during the later weeks – we just wanted to give you room to focus on ZUPL.

Quagg: Last but not least. You probably know that you're by far one of my most favourite people on Showdown, and probably the nicest person around. I think it was amazing how much effort you put into this. Starting with the draft plan, and continuing until the very last minute of teambuilding. And that while also starting up work again during the later weeks. Super impressive. Also I'm very glad that your recent team tour records have been great – very much deserved.

Overall this was my best team tour experience yet. Managing turns out to not be my cup of tea, but you all made it as pleasant as it can be – very proud of every single one of you. I certainly hope we end up playing together in future tours!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)