Projects Next Best Thing National Dex Ubers Edition

bumboclaat

Primal Groudon used Overheat
is a Pre-Contributor
1711809434390.png

Amazing artwork by hexagonereal

The Next Best Thing is a project where the users can submit & search for various creative but viable Pokemon sets, utilising the power of various underlooked & unexpected moves/items, or a combination of both in a set. Due to the centralized nature of National Dex Ubers there are a limited number of Pokemon to explore. As such, this project is not expected to have a long shelf life, likely 10-15 cycles.

Here, you'll find many sets that might seem vague, but in reality carves out a niche in this metagame. These sets are excellent at acting as a surprise factor, which can totally change the the match. You may also find how potent a Pokemon can be by looking, playing & even creating some out-of-the-box sets, that are definitely unworthy at first sight.

The sets here posted should obviously be viable, avoiding jokes such as Focus Sash Marshadow that can't be taken seriously. Posting meme sets will also drive the host crazy.

Procedure
  • Every cycle (1 per week), a new Pokemon will be chosen for participants to create a new, creative yet effective sets.
  • All the existing sets (or WIPs) on the Smogdex are disallowed.
  • The participants will get a period to submit their sets in this forum.
  • Voting will be held to select the winner each week.
  • All the winning sets will be kept in the Hall of Fame.
Rules and Regulations
  • Be as creative as possible, but your creativity must also show some viability.
  • You may only post 1 set per cycle.
  • You are not allowed to take sets from Smogdex & WIPs.
  • Making some minor changes in the existing sets of Smogdex won't work.
  • Set explanation is a must.
  • Be detailed with your sets & replies as much as you can. You may (please) include Replies, teammates options, threats, usage tips, & even a team built around the set.
  • You are allowed to suggest potential changes in others' sets, if it doesn't bother the poster.
  • You are allowed to reserve a set, but please make sure to complete your submission before the deadline.
  • You can't vote for your own set.
  • Try to avoid double-posting.
  • At last, the most important rule. Just Have Fun!
Formatting thanks to Nashrock

Last edited:

bumboclaat

is a Pre-Contributor
:sv/eternatus:
- Sets listed on the dex page
- Life Orb + 3 Attacks
- Choice Specs with 4 Attacks
Eternatus is arguably the most flexible Pokemon in the tier. Eternatus' fantastic typing, minmaxed stats, deep movepool, and item flexibility enable it to slide into any teamstyle. For this reason it has been chosen as our first Pokemon! The submission deadline is April 3 at 23.00 GMT.​

1711812604213.png

Substitute Eternatus, with it's unresisted coverage in Dragon/Fire, becomes very annoying for teams lacking Specially Defensive walls such as Ho-Oh to switch into safely. Substitute can be used against Pokemon like Choice Band Marshadow locked into Close Combat or Arceus-Water, mostly things that can't damage it very well. With the combination of Substitute and Pressure, it also allows Eternatus to stall out lower PP moves such as Palkia-O's Spacial Rend or defensive NDM's Sunsteel Strike. Dragon Fang + Dragon Pulse is preferred over Dynamax Cannon as it has more PP and is practically as strong as DCannon anyways, letting Eternatus stall out games for longer. Tera Fire gives STAB to Flamethrower while also allowing Eternatus to Substitute into moves like Zacian-C's Play Rough or Calyrex-I's Glacial Lance, punishing them too, although without Heavy-Duty-Boots you are weak to Stealth Rock, so Defog users like Ho-Oh or Giratina-O are greatly appreciated, both of which are able to punish more offensive NDM sets too, which would be an issue for this set.

bumboclaat

is a Pre-Contributor
Eternatus @ Dragon Fang / Power Herb / Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dragon / Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Spin
- Dynamax Cannon / Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb / Fire Blast
- Toxic Spikes / Meteor Beam / Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Recover

Initial Idea

For a while I've been exploring offbeat trapping options. Gothitelle, though an excellent mon, is one that I revile using on ladder as succumb to boredom after a couple of games. It is a mon I'd bring to seasonal game, but not one which I enjoy using on a regular basis. The other common trapper, Zygarde, does not tend to fit particularly well into my building nor playing style. It is a great mon, but loses a lot of defensive utility, which is one of the main reasons it finds its way onto my teams. The last trapper I've seen, Whirlpool Arceus, is not a set I am fond of. I generally find it to be overly gimmicky and far too much of a fish that relies on the surprise factor rather than being able to function somewhat well once the jig is up.

The main idea behind Fire Spin Eternatus can tailor its moveset to lure and trap some pretty signficant mons such as Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh whilst retaining most of the threat that offensive Eternatus sets pose. With the recent removal of the plague known as Xerneas from the tier now is a better time than ever to give it a go as it places far less strain on your defensive backbone to cover for some of its shortcomings. Though I'm a believer in the set, I do not currently have a team with it to drop as it is currently a work in progress.

EVs

The first spread is a simple max/max spread that works fine. The second is a Modest spread that outspeeds fully invested neutral 120s with the rest dumped into HP. It hasn't been optimized beyond that and I'm sure there is some combination of EVs that lets it live certain hits. The primary benefit of running of Modest is that a defensive Primal Groudon switching into fire spin with rocks up is always OHKO'd by the follow up Dynamax Cannon if you elect to tera with dragon fang while Timid is a roll. With minimal chip Modest Eternatus can also do the same to support Arceus formes.
252 SpA Dragon Fang Tera Dragon Eternatus Dynamax Cannon vs. 248 HP / 192 SpD Groudon-Primal: 254-300 (63 - 74.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (after a min fire spin roll + the chip on switchin)
252+ SpA Dragon Fang Tera Dragon Eternatus Dynamax Cannon vs. 248 HP / 192 SpD Groudon-Primal: 280-330 (69.4 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (after a min fire spin roll + the chip on switchin)
252+ SpA Dragon Fang Tera Dragon Eternatus Dynamax Cannon vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Ground: 266-314 (60 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Dragon Fang Tera Dragon Eternatus Dynamax Cannon vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Ho-Oh: 206-244 (49.6 - 58.7%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

Items / Moves

Obviously Fire Spin Eternatus is not going to be dropping Fire Spin, but beyond that it has a surprising amount of felixibility in both its item and move choice. This Eternatus set requires a Dragon STAB to function. Dynamax Cannon is the perferred option, though Draco Meteor may be used instead or alongside it. Draco Meteor has the advantage achieving similar calcs without the need to tera (Pdon is a 93.6% chance to OHKO after fire spin and rocks). Furthermore, it enables Eternatus cosplay as specs in the early game which can be taken advantage of lategame.

The last two moveslots are quite flexible and team dependent. For readability purposes I've put them in a spoiler tag.
Sludge Bomb: The main targets are Arceus Fairy and Ho-Oh. The former is rather obvious, but for the latter if Ho-Oh is poisoned Eternatus is able to break through somewhat easily without the need for tera, especially without Dragon Fang or Meteor Beam are not used.

Fire Blast: This is primarily for Zacian- C though it does hit NDM as well. In conjunction with tera fire this allows Eternatus to one shot Zacian-C without the need to boost. It is something I've found particularly useful when using Meteor Beam Eternatus and this allows Eternatus to retain that from the Meteor Beam set. If not using fire blast Dragon tera is the way to go. Funnily enough with fire spin does 2hko with tera fire. If Fire Blast is not being used tera dragon is preferable.

Toxic Spikes: There is a freeish moveslot and tspikes are a great option. This also allows Eternatus to larp as a defensive set early game with a late game payoff. The main inspiration for this is R8's Toxic Spikes Choice Specs set.

Meteor Beam: This is just for Ho-Oh. The interaction is a win for Eternatus regardless of whether Ho-Oh teras to live and phase or just dies. If running Meteor Beam Fire Spin / Cannon / Fire Blast / Meteor Beam is likely the way to go.

Recover: If you would like to go full larp as a defensive set and try to lure something this should be usable with leftovers.

Teammates

As I havn't fully fleshed out and tested the team which features this set, this will be theorymon.

:gothitelle: - Provides a double trapping core. There should be enough space in the remaining 3 so that the team doesn't fall flat v HO.

:arceus-dark:/:life-orb::yveltal: - Arceus-Dark is a stallwart against many of the HO mons, Unecro in particular which can annoy Eternatus while still annoying balance. Yveltal is a solid mon against stall which most variants of fire spin etern will fall fairly flat against (recover + leftovers is probably very annoying to stall though)

:zygarde: - A backup blanket physical check and Marshadow switchin.

SD TR :necrozma-dusk-mane: - If you have Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh taken out of the picture this comes to mind as one of the best mons to abuse that. It doesn't feel any pressure to run edgequake and can just run STABs.

:zacian-crowned: - See above.

Well I wrote a lot more than I expected to and definitely feel motivated to finish that team. I'll leave you all with one calc I found which gave me a chuckle: 252+ SpA Tera Dragon Eternatus Fire Spin vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 120-144 (34.1 - 41%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and trapping damage

Eternatus @ Eject Pack
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 36 HP / 224 Def / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
this is meant to serve as a HO toxic spikes setter EVed to survive a defensive primal groudon precipice blades while still reserving as much hp as it can so it can take special attacks a little easier as well. it can set up toxic spikes to help its teammates break through defensive cores, and can provide solid offensive pressure with its powerful draco meteorsall while switching out into a teammate that can resist attacks used to take out eternatus. its solid coverage can also assist in taking KOs against foes weak to it despite the lack of special attack investment. the ev spread also still allows it to keep its valuable speed tier of outspeeding all U-Necrozma, letting it hit them hard with draco all while retreating to safety as it could bring in a DDance Z-NDM to take its hits and threaten it out. it uses tera fire for the stab boost on fire blast to boost its damage output, all while gaining a useful fairy resist to let it spike or cripple arceus fairy trying to anti-lead it. this is a niche set, but i think it can work well on a well built team

1712184538625.png
1712184566441.png

Eternatus @ Air Balloon
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Dynamax Cannon

Someone took eject pack so here we go with air balloon. Air balloon 3a is great for each HO because you can compress
1.tspike setter
2.double dance pdon revenge killer
3.anti webs
4.spikes immune
5.spike absorption after balloon breaks

Tera steel is wonderful with balloon because it allows you to flip the MU on ekiller, unec, deo-a, zacian-c, ray and opposing eternatus. Also you get the defensive benefits of eternatus. To top it all off, you get poltergeist immune, so marshadow becomes more or less deadwight into you as you set up tspikes. Use wisely and reap the benefits.

bumboclaat

is a Pre-Contributor
Voting is here! Your options are:

1. Substitute Eternatus by Sami
2. Fire Spin Eternatus by Bumboclaat
3. Eject Pack Eternatus by Brakeseer
4. Air Balloon Eternatus by Xurkiyee

The deadline for voting is 05 April 16.00 GMT

bumboclaat

is a Pre-Contributor
Well it is uh...well a long time past the voting deadline and I got a bit distracted. With one vote it didn't exactly take a long time to figure out our winner....Fire Spin Eternatus. Going forward please provide a pokepaste or format so I can easily make one and provide a link for each of our sets.

:sv/necrozma-dusk-mane:
- All sets listed on the dex
- Trick Room Weakness Policy
Necrozma-DM has been a staple of every ubers tier since its debut in SM. Necrozma-DM is far from a one trick lion. While Necrozma-DM runs a multitude of sets, these are not set in stone. Whether it is tweaking existing sets or an entirely new one I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all submit! Additionally, Ultranecroznium-Z is allowed! The deadline for submissions is 10 April 23.00 GMT.​

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Prism Armor
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
I propose scarf NDM, with Tera ground it can become an excellent revenge killer and offensive utility option with high BP moves hitting relevant threats rich as Marahadow, Eternatus, Ultra Necrozma Pdon offensive Arceus-Fairy palkia O along with removing items from switch ins such as removing Yveltal’s HDB or Life orb which gives you more wiggle room to than dole it. It also has some special bulk to let it take on neutral judgements better. Overall niche, but a unique scarfed in this tier is always valuable to quite a few teamstyles
Calca;
0 SpA Splash Plate Arceus-Water Judgment vs. 0 HP / 52 SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 135-159 (40.2 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Tera Ground Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal: 218-260 (54 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

0 Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ground Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 177-208 (52.8 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tera Ground Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Photon Geyser vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Palkia-Origin: 187-222 (58.2 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Tera Ground Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 260-308 (58.6 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Heat Wave

I propose Cosmic Power Stored Power NDM, Hear me out. Yes it just automatically loses to Spectral Thief Marshadow and its prone to toxic after tera, but that’s like it. and the only things ur clicking tera on is like yveltal Marshadow and darkceus. it can use any arceus form, ho-oh, zygarde, defensive ndm, eternatus, sd Zac-c , as fodder and than kill all of them with cosmic power, morning sun, and stored power. you don’t need a scientist to find out that’s a lot of things that you use as fodder. yea being weak to marshadow darkceus and yveltal are big blows but it uses just about everything that isn’t primal as setup fodder.

This is my NDM set, this is the future of Nat Dex Ubers, trust.

Last edited:
PARAFLINCH WARRIOR
https://pokepast.es/8375ff5f7e877b04
1712351266858.png

Using Thunder Wave with Iron Head is really annoying for fatter structures to fight against due to the vastly increased chances to not move, due to both of these working in conjunction. Morning Sun obviously provides healing while Stealth Rock is useful when predicting switches into Ground-/Electric-types like Primal Groudon, Zygarde or Zekrom. Rocky Helmet discourages priority moves such as Marshadow's Shadow Sneak or Yveltal's Sucker Punch especially after the paralysis. The EVs allow Necrozma-DM to outspeed Pheromosa after paralysis, while avoiding the 2HKO from Giratina-O's unboosted Hex. The rest is dumped into physical defense to minimize the chances of being 2HKO'd by Arceus's Earthquake, Yveltal's Sucker Punch and Zacian-C's Close Combat.

Obviously, answers to Ground and Electric types are important, such as Arceus-Ground, Primal Groudon, Zygarde and Zekrom, so Pokemon like Ho-Oh, Yveltal, Giratina-O and your own Zygarde, Arceus-Ground, Primal Groudon are good teammates. Zygarde in partcular offers additional paralysis support in Glare, hitting the Ground-types for NDM to paraflinch. Bulky Pokemon like Ho-Oh, Primal Kyogre and Arceus-Water can sit on NDM and fish for the chance they don't get stopped, to deal big damage or to even setup, so Pokemon that can beat these guys such as Primal Groudon and Meteor Beam Eternatus are appreciated.

dang it. I had this really cool draining Kiss specially defensive xern, but now it is banned. I guess I have this:
Pheromosa @ Wide Lens
Ability: Beast Boost
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- High Jump Kick
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
The mon is :necrozma-dusk-mane: not pheromosa

bumboclaat

is a Pre-Contributor
Since Will has voted for himself I'll gove for scarf ndm! Congrats brakeseer!

:sv/arceus-ground:
I'll be honest I'm too tired to write a blurb atm and forgot to have one ready. Pretend I wrote a great one and had a couple good jokes in there. Its Arceus-Ground. Its been top tier since Gen 9 NDUbers came into being and probably will still be when it finishes. I'm looking forward to seeing what sets you cook with! The deadline for submissions is 17 April 23.00 GMT.​

Mixed End-Game Agility Sweeper

:sv/arceus-ground:
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Judgment
- Agility

This is similar to what gives Mega Diancie a niche, a +2 Speed late game sweeper with devastating coverage. Rash over Mild since the majority of priority is physical. After an Agility, this outspeeds everything in the Meta. Judgement is STAB. Stone Edge hits Ho-Oh harder than Power Gem. Fire Blast provides coverage for Ferrothorn and Tera Grass Ho-Oh. Tera Ground makes OHKOing offensive Eternatus and Primal Groudon garunteed. This set doesn’t hit extremely hard, failing to even OHKO Ho-Oh, with Stone Edge, but that’s why it’s for endgame, where hopefully you have weakened the opposing team. This also struggles into Giratina-O, so a teammate such as Eternatus would be helpful.

bumboclaat

is a Pre-Contributor
Congrats to Anchor9! No need for voting this week.

:sv/giratina-origin:
I never got a DS when it came out. Unfortunately, that means I've never played gen 4 and don't know enough about Giratina-O to make some good puns though I'll try. Giratina-O is one of the biggest beneficiaries of the Xerneas ban. In the last few weeks Giratina-O has been the focus of a lot of experimentation and I'm looking forward to seeing what ghostly abominations y'all have cooked up! The deadline for submissions is April 23 20.00 GMT

Congrats to Anchor9! No need for voting this week.

:sv/giratina-origin:
I never got a DS when it came out. Unfortunately, that means I've never played gen 4 and don't know enough about Giratina-O to make some good puns though I'll try. Giratina-O is one of the biggest beneficiaries of the Xerneas ban. In the last few weeks Giratina-O has been the focus of a lot of experimentation and I'm looking forward to seeing what ghostly abominations y'all have cooked up! The deadline for submissions is April 23 20.00 GMT
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Core
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power

I always wanted to give this sort of set a shot on Giratina O. with its natural bulky of 150/100/100 being so absurd on its own right on top of levitate letting it resisting both primals stabs on top of being immune to the common ground coverage Pdons omnipresences demands gives giratina many entry points to come in, but once it statuses a target it rarely makes any progress until the end game where your opponent cannot just send in a status sponge and force giratina out. this set feeds on peoples expectation of a much more passive giratina, that either cannot touch ground or fire types depending on the status of choice, but this one can calm mind, becoming near unbreakable on the special side quite quickly. with 120 spatk and the griseous core it can output substantial damage quickly. on top of that, the incredibly spammable ghost stab is magnified to effectivly give it adaptability on ghost moves to 2HKO pretty much everything not named darkeus, ekiller, or yveltal. overall, a gread set that capitalizes on the surprise factor it creates while still doing a decent job as a soft check to offensive threats it resists thanks to its great natural bulk, while still threatening them with powerful attacks rather than status, while still having the versatility of a calm mind sweeper in ubers with a speed tier of 90

bumboclaat

is a Pre-Contributor
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Core
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Poison / Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Pain Split
- Dragon Tail
- Hex
- Substitute / Thunder Wave / Will' O Wisp / Toxic / Dragon Pulse / Defog / Whatever tbh

Background
So this is a set that I originally made as a fun wallbreaker for seasonals which I never ended up bringing. When I went to test it I ran into 80% TR teams (found out DIB is a 3HKO w/ tera steel) and other junk and decided to replace it with Arceus-Dark since the team was already fine defensive structures. I really regret it because in the round of seasonals I made it for stall was brought G2 and I almost loaded the team that this was on. It would have been amazing to see this put in overtime against the matchup it was designed for.

EVs

EV spread is to outspeed base Zygarde. Bulk was maxed and the remaining evs were dumped into SpA. I really did not optimize or attempt to optimize this spread and that is probably best left to Bobsican who has a PhD in that stuff. Aside from optimizing the bulk investment, some more speed could be added to outspeed offensive variants of Pdon though you could go further and outspeed Trapper Zygarde while still retaining a Modest nature and probably be alright with Giratina-O's natural bulk.

Moves

As an aside, whenever I've used Tina-O as a fogger a condition I've set is that if the team is likely to require fogging more than three times v balance teams I'll go with something else. It also boggles my mind that Giratina-O did not recieve taunt this gen. Look at it. It should learn taunt.

So obviously pain split is the reason why this set is posted. Yes Tina-O has 150 HP, but its biggest issue is its longevity. It is surprising how often Giratina-O gets to use it v even balance teams. It has pretty common targets in Ho-Oh, Zygarde, and defensive Eternatus. Letting Giratina-O get chipped v balance / BO teams really isn't an issue as it can often recover a large amount of HP mid/lategame with pain split. Keeping Ho-Oh and Zygarde low is quite nice and it is functionally a Zygarde counter if one wanted to use Tera Water or something.

Dragon Tail is for phazing. Draco meteor is usable but the phazing is quite nice and Giratina-O is less often in uncomfortable situations. Hex is pretty obvious. This isn't a mon you're going to use on a super offensive team. Whatever teammates Tina-O has will naturally carry status moves anyways to hex is fine as Tina-O probably isn't coming onto the field most games super early on anyways.

The last really free. Substitute was the move I liked the most as the status protection and ability to scout. Pain Split offsets the HP cost anyways. The status protection in particular is very nice as Tina-O isn't forced to tera to get a toxic immunity. It definitely isn't mandatory though and Tina-O can easily run a status move or additional attacking move.

Tera Type

Both Poison and Steel are great types due to the toxic immunity. Which one is better is going to entirely rely on the rest of the team as each have distinct benefits. Poison has all the normal benefits of Tera Poison on Tina, resists Play Rough letting it emergency check Zacian-C, it allows Tina-O to remain a better check to Primal Groudon due to how common fire moves on it are. A large drawback is the newfound weakness to Ultra Necromza, which Tera Steel counters at resonable health. While Steel does wall both of Zaian-C's STABs, it is always weak to the 4th move so it doesn't answer Zacian-C well. They both goob stall but the Dynamax Cannon resist is better than the Flamethrower weakness. Just choose the tera type based on what your team struggles with.

Team

:groudon-primal::ho-oh::eternatus::ferrothorn::ditto::giratina-origin: (click for paste)

Not the best team in the world but a fun one. I've made some modifications since including dropping the Tina-O but it is a lot of fun. Knock over protect on Ferro because of how it draws it in. Not really much to say beyond that. Stack hazards, break w/ Eternatus, pray you don't run into Palkia-O or Specs Etern.

bumboclaat

is a Pre-Contributor
:sv/groudon-primal:
sets listed here
Solar Beam (it is trash)
Primal Groudon has and continues to be the uncontested best Pokemon in the tier since its inception. Primal Groudon has a bevy of sets listed on the dex which we have all put to good use. However this just scratches the surface of what it can do. I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all cook up or if you'll burn things down resulting in a desolate land! The deadline for submissions is 06 May 09.00 GMT.

I call this one the "Screw You, Zygarde"
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 240 HP / 36 Atk / 216 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Heat Crash
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge
Standard damage sponge hard hitting Groudon, but instead of rocks, it has HP Ice. This turns its losing matchups against zygarde into a winning one, especially since this thing is a beast defensively. This thing is very similar to Gen 1 snorlax, in that it can 1v1 practically anything. HP Ice also helps against Salamence, and can 2HKO Rayquaza (stone edge also does that, but it can miss), but these are side effects. The main draw is that it turns one of Pdon's few truly bad matchups into a winning one, and either forces Zygarde out, makes it tera, or kills it. I'd say it is worth the fourth move slot.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)