SV OU New to teambuilding

To preface I am very new to Smogon and teambuilding, but I have found success while using this team. I think there is some very strong synergy and movesets here, but I'm sure it isn't perfect.

1670464986881.png

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Protect
- Defog

I usually use this guy to pivot and get rid of hazards.
I have tera type water as I would like to negate it's fire weakness in case it ends up in a bad late game situation.
I also find that playing around leftovers helps this thing a lot.

1670465018618.png

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Tera Blast

Draco Meteor go burrrrrr
Tera Type and Tera Blast Steel helps deal with Fairy types if you don't feel like playing the long game with Scizor
Is also the natrually fastest Pokemon in OU, so with specs you tend to outspeed and demolish a lot

1670465039262.png

Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock

Can be good to lead and start a match with stealth rock or bulk up depending on the situation
Bulk up + Booster Energy makes this guy a tanky beast if you aren't planning on switching
Might be good to save until the end of a match to clean up an opponents remaining team

1670465055494.png

Chi-Yu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Memento

This Pokemon is evil with its ability and special stat, and flamethrower/dark pulse is fantastic coverage
Psychic helps kill those fighting types if they are physically bulky and Azzumarill can't touch them
I don't feel any of Chi-Yu's other attacking moves have a place in this set, so memento helps get some extra leverage if this mon isn't doing well in a match
In my personal experience this set demolishes Gholdengo.

1670465085455.png

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Spinner

Belly Drum strat goes crazy with Aqua Jet and Play Rough
Even without Belly Drum Azumarill still does huge damage and has decent bulk with the Sitrus Berry
Ice spinner in case of terrain or grass type
Can counter Annihalape if it hasn't used many rage fists

1670465100125.png

Bellibolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electromorphosis
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Muddy Water
- Discharge
- Volt Switch

Bellibolt's Bulk and nature help dischage do nasty amounts of damage
Along with Slack Off this thing gets to live forever and do huge damage if used correctly
Volt switch in case of bad matchup

Any feedback is appreciated. I'm sure there has to be a blind spot or something that I am missing, but I haven't run into any difficulty that wasn't caused by my own play yet. I feel that maybe some of the tera types can be improved as well, but I can't think of anything that would work better than what I have currently. Tell me what you think, and thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)