New to Shoddy Battle

I have never used shoddy battle and have just recently become a member of smogon. I consider myself to be a very experienced battler in both the OU and UU tiers. But I am not familar with shoddy battle at all. I have been just going to different sites looking for wifi battles to train myself. This has worked with the help of looking at smogoons battle strategies.

I have a very good team but I was hoping someone could explain this to me. I haven't downloaded the shoddy battle software yet. But how does it work? Do I actually use my nintendo DS to battle? Or do I just type in my teams moves and stats and then go to battle?

I would appreciate very much for someone to explain this to me as I am looking to take my battling strategies to the next level here at smogon.
God Bless

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Theres a Team Builder in shoddy battle, so with a few clicks, you can have a team made in a matter of minutes.

As for battling, theres a ladder where you click "Find" and it pairs you up with a random opponent.

You will understand better once you download it

Look there is a team builder in shoddy whare you can make your team . By this i mean that you can put the IVs EVS moves that you want and choose your 6 pokemon then you have to save your team and select the option use this team! After all these you are ready to press find match to start battling. You dont need your DS the only think you have to do is to download it with the latest version of java as well! Hope i helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)