Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid
Levitate
252 Speed / 252 Sp. Atk / 4 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Fire
- Surf
- Trick

I usually open with this guy and hope to get a Draco Meteor off to KO something. Latios was actually one of the last pokes i added to the team..it just lacked raw power, so i though why the hell not. HP fire gets those Scizors and Ferrothorn things. Surf is pretty useless, and trick can come in handy on the Blissey switch ins and stuff...standard set i guess.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold
Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power Ice
- Grass Knot
- Recover

I always loved this set on Celebi, and nobody seems to expect it at all. Heatran seems to give this team some problems once mine loses his balloon, and a lot of the time Heatran switches in on this thing and i get the t-wave off, which helps in the long run. I get a lot of help from Paralysis. Hidden Power Ice helps me catch the dragons off guard, and take care of Gliscor which is cool. Gliscor is problematic though if he's the offensive one with acrobatics. Grass knot for waters like that Jelly thing and Rotom-W. Its pretty essential for this guy to stay alive, so he needs recover.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid
Flash Fire
252 Speed / 252 Sp. Atk / 4 HP
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is my Stealth Rocker, although he doesnt get it out early to often to be a big effect. WoW helps a LOT when things try to set up on him, or for just getting residual damage on his counters. Fire Blast is essential, and Earth Power for other Heatrans mainly. This guy is my main switch in to other Heatrans, and not much else on my team fairs well against one.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant
Technician
252 HP / 216 Sp. Def / 40 Atk
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

I needed a pokemon that could take some hits as well as do damage, so i chose Scizor. If i can pull of a Swords Dance or two, he can cause some problems. I thought about a fighting move over roost, but it helps a lot to have him alive as long as possible. Bullet Punch for the priority, and Bug Bite is pretty strong, and takes down lots of stuff.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant
Multiscale
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Extremespeed

Dragonite is just so strong. He gives me some nice priority, and provides some nice endgame sweeps. Outrage is a must, and obliterates pretty much every non-steel type. Fire Punch is cool, but i really don't use it too much...I was thinking about trying Earthquake over it, but never tested it out. Extremespeed saved my ass so many times.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly
Justified
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scizzor
- Quick Attack

This pokemon is so strong, and after a few pokes on the other team died, i can usually bring this guy out and sweep the rest. Close Combat kicks ass, as well as Stone Edge. X-Scizzor i find pretty useless, and I haven't used it once. Quick Attack won me a couple close games lol.

PROBLEMS THIS TEAM FACES:

Okay, here is where I would hope to get the most help. First of all, Baton Pass teams kinda rape me. Every time. Another big problem is stall. The residual damage is usually too much to overcome, and i just can't seem to KO the pokes i need to.

As for pokemon in general, Heatran can be a bit of a problem when used right. Rotom-W is also a bit of a bitch to take down. Especially when he's on a team with Jirachi. Jirachi is a good threat without Heatran. The last huge threat i've seen is Dragonite, but he causes problems for everyone, doesn't he?

Hopefully I can get some help here, thanks!

Solution to BP teams: You need someone with Roar or Whirlwind and the capacity to take out a psychic pokemon w/ Magic Coat, or you need to have Encore and/or Taunt to use on BPers before they Shellsmash/whatevs. Many common leads run Stealth Rock/Encore or Taunt/attack 1/other utility move. I would consider investing in traditional leads.

Also, a fast Trick user could shuts down most BPers (w/o prankster) as well as it does walls.

Dragonite should probably have EQ over Fire Punch if you're having trouble with Heatran, probably Dragon Claw > Outrage too.

Dragonite really shouldn't be a problem for your team. A set-up dragonite is roared away like anything else, a choiced dragonite is too slow for your choiced terrakion. However you need to set up Stealthrocks to break it's multiscale first. As such, a spin blocker wouldn't be a bad thing to add to your team. A Choiced Gengar or your own Rotom wouldn't be a bad idea. Trick Rotom would be a nice way to combat both slower BPers and walls while spin blocking and giving you another immunity to spikes/toxic spikes.

A Terrakion w/ Quick Attack can probably afford to be Life Orbed and run EQ as well.

Overall your team seems relatively ballanced, weaknesswise, save for 3 ice weaknesses, 2 dragon weaknesses, and 2 dark weaknesses off the top of my head. Ice is going to be bad for you.

Solution to BP teams: You need someone with Roar or Whirlwind and the capacity to take out a psychic pokemon w/ Magic Coat, or you need to have Encore and/or Taunt to use on BPers before they Shellsmash/whatevs. Many common leads run Stealth Rock/Encore or Taunt/attack 1/other utility move. I would consider investing in traditional leads.

Also, a fast Trick user could shuts down most BPers (w/o prankster) as well as it does walls.

Dragonite should probably have EQ over Fire Punch if you're having trouble with Heatran, probably Dragon Claw > Outrage too.

Dragonite really shouldn't be a problem for your team. A set-up dragonite is roared away like anything else, a choiced dragonite is too slow for your choiced terrakion. However you need to set up Stealthrocks to break it's multiscale first. As such, a spin blocker wouldn't be a bad thing to add to your team. A Choiced Gengar or your own Rotom wouldn't be a bad idea. Trick Rotom would be a nice way to combat both slower BPers and walls while spin blocking and giving you another immunity to spikes/toxic spikes.

A Terrakion w/ Quick Attack can probably afford to be Life Orbed and run EQ as well.

Overall your team seems relatively ballanced, weaknesswise, save for 3 ice weaknesses, 2 dragon weaknesses, and 2 dark weaknesses off the top of my head. Ice is going to be bad for you.
Thanks a lot for the fast response :)

So, as for a traditional lead, who can i add without losing much on my team? and who would i replace? I definitely want a stop to baton pass...should i just lead with heatran maybe and replace latios with a trickscarf rotom? If i lead with heatran it can help with getting early rocks up, and getting rid of dragonites multiscale.

As for Terrakion, I didn't even know he learned EQ lol, that will DEFINITELY be replacing X-Scizzor. And a life orb set sounds pretty nice, i'll be sure to try it out :)

Thanks!

Latios seems to be contributing to a good amount of your weaknesses, and really isn't that great of a special attacker. In theory you could swap that our 1:1 with Gengar, who isn't a very good lead but would provide you with the spinblocker you might want to keep the lead's Stealth Rocks around.

Off the top of my head, swapping Heatran for a SR Lead like Infernape would work; or swapping Celebi for an Azelk/Uxie/whatever lead would work too.

Of course none of that really takes care of your BP problem. Off the top of my head Aerodactyl might work as a decent SR layer access to Roar, taunt, even toxic.

Roughly check these lists out:
http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/roar
http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/encore

Bulky Roar-ers, like Swampert, do a decent job, but Focus Sashed Roarers like Aerodactyl or any number of sturdy pokemon might suffice as well. There's actually quite a bit of overlap in terms of sturdy and roar and stealthrocks.

The choice between Roar and Encore is a matter of when you expect setup. If you expect setup early, your lead can have encore out and ready to outspeed your opponent after they start pumping, forcing them out or forcing them to pump while you take care of them. Encore needs to be done 1st turn against a prankster you expect to be pumping though.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey DarXide,

This is a pretty solid team, but I've got some ideas to patch up your biggest weaknesses. Since you say you have some problems with Baton Pass teams, a simple solution for that is using Roar over Will-O-Wisp on Heatran.

To help a bit with your Rotom-W issue, you could use a Nasty Plot Celebi over your current set. Nasty Plot Celebi can help with the Heatran issue as it can destroy it with Earth Power, and it's also very effective against Rain Stall teams. Here's the set:
Celebi@Leftovers | Natural Cure
Timid Nature | 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nasty Plot / Giga Drain / Hidden Power Ice / Earth Power

Finally, to help a bit against Stall teams, you should try SubSD Terrakion. Terrakion can easily set up against the likes of Blissey and destroy opposing physical walls, making Dragonite's job much easier.
Terrakion@Rock Gem | Justified
Jolly Nature | 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance / Close Combat / Stone Edge / Substitute

GL!

I admit to not being very familiar to alot of your pokes, but seeing that surf will never be used on latios (HP fire and Draco meteor give you perfect coverage outside of heatran), how about calm mind? You get a perfect setup opportunity as your opponent is more than not forced to switch.

Outside of that, I would say earthquake or roost on the dragonite. earthquake takes care or heatran along with other steel types, but roost increases its longevity (being that you run an offensive set, I think earthquake is more suitable)

thanks for the comments :p

i tried out a lot of the ideas, and two things i REALLY like are roar > will o wisp on heatran, which saved me a lot. I also really like the substitute set on terrakion. i'm not crazy about the other celebi set, when i tried it he never really got to do much lol. and extremespeed is a must on dragonite :D although i also prefer earthquake over fire punch

why not exactly? Its priority bypasses Dragonite's otherwise middling speed and gives his team a pseudo check to otherwise devastating pokemon like haxorus or Venusaur in the sun.
With heatran everywhere I don't see why Earthquake/outrage/fire punch doesn't do it for you. Plus you're using dragon dance to set up for a sweep not using him for a revenge killer. Extreme speed is redundant after even 1 dance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)