New pokemon for the main page?

Obviously this isn't a major issue in the slightest regard, but it'd be nice that instead of Infernape, Lucario, and EVire, we used more common pokemon in the current metagame.

I'm sure Aragornbird wouldn't mind, and it certainly wouldn't hurt the site at all, right?

Red could be Scizor, blue could be Mence, Yellow could be Rotom-h? All suggestions, honestly. But honestly, EVire doesn't deserve to be there.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It doesn't really matter much, but I get your point.

If it isn't too much hassle I'd actually quite like to see those pictures change every month, it would be a nice quirky thing for those visiting the site (check back every month to see which Pokemon are being featured, that would be good for the site). Even link those pictures to said Pokemon's page?

Then again that's my imagination running away with me, and it's probably more hassle than it's worth :P just an idea.

Really, I don't think it'd be that hard, and wouldn't take much effort. The only problem is that it really just creates busy work, seeing as how no one spends much more than 5 seconds looking at the page before they go to one of the links.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Uhh... Rotom-H is red. The only Rotom form that's yellow is Rotom-S, which is #121 on the OU ladder. Maybe Jirachi instead?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Linking the pictures seems cool. I second that idea.
Is that really necessary?

Is anyone going to go "oh, man, I don't know what that Pokemon is! How can I best use the Pokemon whose name I don't know competitively?"

The idea, I think, is just for quicker access. It might also be a cool novelty. What harm is there in trying it, and how long would it take?

cim

I agree with Scizor and Menco but not with Rotom. Maybe Zapdos?
An opinion without rationale is pretty much worthless.

If this is a serious consideration, Rotom is much more prominent than Zapdos.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't see why we would need to keep them the same colors unless we do really want to keep the RBY reference. Shouldn't it be colors that relate to this generation, such as Blue, Pink, and Black / Silver? That would make more sense to me anyway

cim

I don't see why we would need to keep them the same colors unless we do really want to keep the RBY reference. Shouldn't it be colors that relate to this generation, such as Blue, Pink, and Black / Silver? That would make more sense to me anyway
Red / Blue / Yellow are opposite primary colors, so aesthetically they make sense...

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
If Rotom-A is ranked #3 and Latias is ranked #4, do we put in the most common Rotom forme or do we put in Latias? To solve skirmishes like these, I suggest we put in the top pokemon from OU, Ubers, and UU, the three ladders on smogon. Coincidentally, as of November, Scizor, Kyogre, and Venusaur were the top pokemon, their main color being Red, Blue, and Green, respectively.

I really don't think there needs to be any form of "theme". As long as the Pokemon are fairly relevant to the metagame, it doesn't really matter. I don't even think it has to be an OU powerhouse. I could see Rhyperior in a picture, but not something like Dustox.

Edit: You know what I mean. :P

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
I really don't think there needs to be any form of "theme". As long as the Pokemon are fairly relevant to the metagame, it doesn't really matter. I don't even think it has to be an OU powerhouse. I could see Rhyperior in a picture, but not something like Dustox.
I bet you Theorymon could come up with something to make Dustox relevant, like what he did with Delibird.

I good color scheme is essential to look good but I don't think it nessecarily needs to be all OU, it could just be 3 different pokes each month or two

Hmm...thats a good idea, but also maybe changing it around for different days? Like google does? I also agree to keep the red-blue-yellow color scheme.

It doesn't need to change and switch up. If it's too dynamic, it's a problem and and hassle. The main concern to me is the fact that it should be updated.

If a Smogon hater comes on to the site, he would automatically doubts our credibility when he or she sees Electivire, his first thought is gonna be "What scrubs."

It also makes for a good switchup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)