New Pokémon silhouette leak (maybe Zygarde form?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Is it even confirmed that this thing is a Pokemon is what I'm wondering -- anyone have a translation of the captions? This could be a new villain (humanoid form, crown, clothing(?)) or some sort of mech (a la Team Rocket, Iron Mask) or to take it further, an unofficial creation of something else (like that forest monster Dark Celebi made in its movie).

If it is though, I'm leaning towards a Zygarde, not a Volcanion forme. First off the silhouette looks nothing at all like Volcanion (where's it's backring, etc), and second of all, it shares characteristics with Zygarde (hexagonal plates, a sort of cape/crest, shining scales/eyes, hexagonal ridges). It's not too much of a stretch to imagine Zygarde as the king/ruler/mediator of the life/death trio, and the figure depicted in the silhouette does look like it has a crown/regality motif in there somewhere with the shoulder ornaments, cape, et cetera...

edit: ...while volcanion is like the guardian of hot springs or something? idk just sounds weird to me
Oh for God's sake! Translations are everywhere!
Plus why still you haven't learnt Japanese yet?
No... I mean I'm curious-- how many Western Pokemon fans actually don't know Japanese? More than 50%?
Geez! All hardcore Asian Pokemon fans know Japanese. It's a must and you'll be insulted if you don't.

(And I'm really shocked the other day to find that YouTuber TheJWittz actually doesn't know Japanese, not even the Japanese alphabet. I'm appalled because his channel is very popular. How can people like his Youtube channel when he doesn't know any Japanese?)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
No... I mean I'm curious-- how many Western Pokemon fans actually don't know Japanese? More than 50%?
Geez! All hardcore Asian Pokemon fans know Japanese. It's a must and you'll be insulted if you don't.

(And I'm really shocked the other day to find that YouTuber TheJWittz actually doesn't know Japanese, not even the Japanese alphabet. I'm appalled because his channel is very popular. How can people like his Youtube channel when he doesn't know any Japanese?)
Because most people don't have the time to learn a new language, nor the need to when you can google a translation for everything.

Anyway, I wanted to nip this in the bud before the thread derailed, since there was every possibility that it would there.

Exeggutor

twist
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

not everyone has the time and dedication to learn an entire language just for the sake of one game, you know. especially not one like japanese.
you can be a fan without knowing the original language.

that said, i'm curious about the design if it does end up being a zygarde forme. the silhouette looks oddly humanoid, like something i'd expect from yugioh.
i'm also curious about if there are any reveals of another possible forme or if that's the only one.

Quite a few western pokemon fans wouldn't know Japanese. I live in America and, if you go through a normal school education like I did, you don't even have a chance to get taught Japanese in school until you start high school, and even then you might want to learn a different language and not have any room in your schedule for multiple foreign language classes. I know that a lot of people would like to visit Europe, and learning French, Spanish, Greek, Italian, German, or any other such language would be helpful, and studies have shown that people who take Latin tend to do better on standardized tests than people who don't.

Also, Latin-based or Germanic languages are easier to learn if your first language is English than East Asian languages, due to you still using the same alphabet and similar grammar, and the abundance of cognates.

I'm really curious about this thing. Whether it is a new Pokemon, a new form/Mega or something else (I have seen suggestions about it being the original form of the Unova Dragons). Either way, all possible alternatives are more than okay in my book. I do think the most likely case is that it is a new form/Mega for Zygarde.

Also, regarding relations to manga, it partly reminds me of The Destroyer from Claymore.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Here's my theory, cut & pasted for a second time:

I think its a new Zygarde form. Don't know if its just an alternate form or a Mega Evolution (preferably alternate, I think Mega Zygarde would be made to counter Mega Xerneas & Yveltal), but I think it is Zygarde. Here's my reasoning:

1. We know the next movie will star Zygarde and Zygarde has two secret Signature moves, Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows, so we do know it'll be getting something for the third version.
2. The light patterns on the giant is similar to the light patterns on Zygarde. Also the shoulder and crown spikes look similar in shape to the frills on Zygarde's back.
3. As everyone knows, the Mortality Trio have some basis in Norse mythology. All of them are partially based on animals who are around the world tree, Yggdrasil. Xerneas is based on stags who eat at its branches (as well as a stag in Valhalla), Yveltal on eagles perched on top (as well as an eagle known as the "corpse eater" who perches at the end of the world), and Zygarde on a serpent that gnaws on its roots (as well as a serpent who wraps around the world). The giant creature looks sort of like a giant tree, and with Zygarde supposedly being able to bring balance between Xerneas and Yveltal it would make sense if Zygarde received a more powerful form that turns it into Yggdrasil. Also, Giants are another popular theme in Norse mythology.

While I don't know what they plan on doing in the movie (maybe Volcanion is making it mad since its powers are causing volcanic and tectonic activity?), in the games I can see two ways this could go:

1. If its a traditional third version, Lysandre would try using the power of both Legendaries, they're awakened and start unleashing their power, and Zygarde awakens to stop them.
2. If they go for a sequel, I can imagine the firing of the Ultimate Weapon had as unforeseen side effect on the environment which Zygarde needs to correct.

Different movie. This is what happens in M18 (according to serebii)(Spoilers. I warned you.):
Super Hoopa(Evil) is sealed a long time ago.
Ash befriends hoopa.
Ash and his friends arrive in that city and then Super Hoopa is released.
Super Hoopa transports a bunch of legendaries.
Hoopa transports a bunch of legendaries to stop Super Hoopa.
Ash and Hoopa stop Super Hoopa.

Also what if its a volcanion form? Diancie got a mega and Hoopa got Hoopa Unbound.
So where's the spoiler. :P

If it was for Volcanion it would just be out of place as it being Zygarde. At least Zygarde has the mythological explanation to fallback on, but what about Volcanion? Its just a big cat with a steam furnace on its back, I don't see how or why it'll become a giant creature like that.

Also this doesn't mean Volcanion won't get an alternate form. Giratina and Shaymin both got a second form in the 11th movie.

Actually on another Pokemon site I lurk on someone mentioned it could be the Original Dragon. Although it is a generation later, Kyurem-based Primal Reversion seems at least plausible.
What? While I would like to see the Original Dragon why would it be in a Gen VI movie? Sadly the time for the Original Dragon to appear has sort of come and past, they'd probably have to wait for like a Unova Remake to have another chance. If it appears before then I could only see it being in the anime or part of an anime special, not in a movie unless they shoved it in there (which isn't uncommon for the Pokemon Company to do).

But with that all said I don't think they would give it such importance over the Gen VI Pokemon (at least not until they gone through all the Event Legendaries and have an extra season to do a movie for).

This is an outrage, I called dibs on the new thread.

DHR-107, didn't I call dibs?
Were you calling dibs on making a thread on discussing what the giant was, for the 19th movie, or for the next Gen VI game version(s)?

Celever and Mulan15262 said, just want to say some things:

1. Why is it a must? I can't enjoy a franchise that originated in another country if I don't understand their language even though it gets translated into mine?

2. Of course Asian Pokemon fans would know Japanese, they're from that region. They grew up hearing and learning to speak the language. Well at least the ones from Japan; I'm willing to bet there are plenty of Chinese and Korean Pokemon fans you don't know Japanese.

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why are you guys still responding to that comment (and saying the same things, may I add)? the topic's been dealt with, as Celever said: don't let that derail this thread.

Likewise, I should have remembered the existence of Zygarde's two special moves (implying two formes).

I'm still a bit suspicious as to whether this thing is a Pokemon at all though--Cresellia's reveal of the translation implies this might be some sort of 'troll' on GF's part, along with the fact that the thing does look a bit too elaborate and Yu-Gi-Oh-y as Egg said.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why are you guys still responding to that comment (and saying the same things, may I add)? the topic's been dealt with, as Celever said: don't let that derail this thread.

Likewise, I should have remembered the existence of Zygarde's two special moves (implying two formes).

I'm still a bit suspicious as to whether this thing is a Pokemon at all though--Cresellia's reveal of the translation implies this might be some sort of 'troll' on GF's part, along with the fact that the thing does look a bit too elaborate and Yu-Gi-Oh-y as Egg said.
There's no way in hell they're trolling because the 20th anniversary is next year (when the movie's coming out) and we've seen weirder designs. We also don't even have the full thing, only a silouette, so it could still look Pokemon-like when it's completely revealed.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
pacific rim kaiju
Maybe we should make a list of things it look like, I got two:

First is the conceptual art for the final boss in Kingdom Hearts 2. Simply known a "King", the final boss of the game would gather the buildings around him in their HQ world (The World That Never Was, a dark empty city) to create a colossus. First form only had an upper body with a crown on top of its head while the second form would get a spider-like torso and more imposing spikes on its upper body.

If that's too obscure, we also have Obelisk the Tormentor from Yu-Gi-Oh!:

I have one! I've said it multiple times! :D And they have a similar purpose to Zygarde too, keeping balance. But in their case it was destroying nearly all of human kind. I have two images of the same scene, one from the movie, and one from the manga. Also another part of the manga, which really shows how it looks. And what happens when you don't create them right. They get all... melty.
These are the God Warriors from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. A thousand years ago, they destroyed everything, and only a few humans were left behind. The miasma (mushroom spores) took over, leaving only a few safe places for humans to live on. They all died, but recently, it appears one of the nations is up to something with the heart of a God Warrior... and that's it! Go watch the movie or read the manga now! :D

This is a spoiler from the manga, but it shows a wings that the God Warriors have that there are no images of from the movie.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's mega black kyurem. I turned on black 2 recently and decided to look at the intro. Black and white kyurem getting mega evos sounds crazy but if we're giving black and white a proper third game (still likely) then it won't be too soon between xy and z (release z a year after pokemon gray aka next year) and then gen 7 2018 to extend the generation. But yea... That's more likely to be mega black kyurem esp since thunder in background so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, while it does appear to look like Black Kyurem, where do the three diamonds come from? B-Kyurem has two glowing eyes, and the third glowing part is its headcrest. And... a mega for a fusion for the fusion of a legendary? Doesn't it sound a little unlikely?

Cresselia~~

It's mega black kyurem. I turned on black 2 recently and decided to look at the intro. Black and white kyurem getting mega evos sounds crazy but if we're giving black and white a proper third game (still likely) then it won't be too soon between xy and z (release z a year after pokemon gray aka next year) and then gen 7 2018 to extend the generation. But yea... That's more likely to be mega black kyurem esp since thunder in background so...

Oh my gosh! It does look like Black Kyurem.
I won't be surprised if Kyurem is getting a Mega, really, but why make a movie of it?
Oh wait, maybe Black Kyurem is just one of the many Megas in the new movie??

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It looks like diamonds but we cant exactly see whether it is or not - bk's design could be exactly the same because it has similar positioning. (blurry black kyurem looks similar too). Also not really unlikely given that charizard and mewtwo randomly have two megas, so kyurem could too effectively.

Cresselia: to promote pokemon gray.

Cresselia~~

It looks like diamonds but we cant exactly see whether it is or not - bk's design could be exactly the same because it has similar positioning. (blurry black kyurem looks similar too). Also not really unlikely given that charizard and mewtwo randomly have two megas, so kyurem could too effectively.

Cresselia: to promote pokemon gray.
But why didn't they have Pokemon gray last gen?

To mix it up, I heard from somewhere (Somewhere on the forums here in OI.) that they knew a Pokemon Gray would be too predictable, and gave us a surprise with Black and White 2.

Cresselia~~

To mix it up, I heard from somewhere (Somewhere on the forums here in OI.) that they knew a Pokemon Gray would be too predictable, and gave us a surprise with Black and White 2.
That was covered in an interview posted by Pokebeach.com
I remember.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It seems that most reasonable guesses have already been made, and people already go for off-topic jokes. Until we get more information, we've said pretty much all there is to say about this.

We might open the thread again once more information surfaces. Or even create a new one, considering that "more information" is not going to be restricted to only this mysterious thing. If it implies something bigger, we'll make a new thread.

Okay so I suggested the thread be open because Serebii posted this little piece of news on it

"Also, the massive Pokémon shown in CoroCoro that's also in the trailer has pulsating hexagons in the trailer around its body."

This pretty much all but confirms it's a Zygarde thing.

Xerneas is the deer that feeds on Yggdrasil, what if Yveltal is Nidhogg and not the eagle and Zygarde is revealed as Ymir, the giant whose body makes up Midgard (Earth).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
It's been a few days yet oddly the only good drawing we have of the new Pokemon that appeared at the end of the Clash of Age's teaser is still a black & white sketch:

We know it's mainly a vibrant green with a red stomach (guessing the "false eye" is white?), but I'd think by now someone would have taken a quick snapshot of it with their phone. *shrugs*

And I can't begin to fathom to guess what it could be. I doubt it's a new Pokemon, like I guess it could be but they haven't even released XY2/Z yet so if its a new Pokemon we'll either be waiting for a few years to use it or they do something unprecedented and have it appear in XY2/Z (we've had new forms and Mega Evolutions before, but never a full fledged new Pokemon). I'm going by a guess its a new form, like once again it being green and being worm/serpent-like leads me to thinking its related to Zygarde somehow. Going by the theory that the giant is also Zygarde, maybe in order to turn to it it needs to go through several stages for forms? Growing into a giant can't be that easy, there has to be some stages inbetween. Where this apparent larva form fits I don't know, it would seem odd for Zygarde to transform into a larva state an grow into the giant next (unless in order to turn into he giant Zygarde needs to turn back to a larva stage and work itself up from there, like instead of a larva turning into a serpent it would be like a sprouting plant turning into a tree giant (going along with the giant being based off Yggdrasil)).

Xerneas is the deer that feeds on Yggdrasil, what if Yveltal is Nidhogg and not the eagle and Zygarde is revealed as Ymir, the giant whose body makes up Midgard (Earth).
Could be, but remember we aren't exactly going off the Norse mythology, just have similar thematic themes that can relate back to Norse Mythology. Though France was close to where Norse mythology was practiced it still lands a bit south out of its range. For a full Norse plot we'd probably need a region based in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, and/or Denmark.

It's been a few days yet oddly the only good drawing we have of the new Pokemon that appeared at the end of the Clash of Age's teaser is still a black & white sketch:

We know it's mainly a vibrant green with a red stomach (guessing the "false eye" is white?), but I'd think by now someone would have taken a quick snapshot of it with their phone. *shrugs*

And I can't begin to fathom to guess what it could be. I doubt it's a new Pokemon, like I guess it could be but they haven't even released XY2/Z yet so if its a new Pokemon we'll either be waiting for a few years to use it or they do something unprecedented and have it appear in XY2/Z (we've had new forms and Mega Evolutions before, but never a full fledged new Pokemon). I'm going by a guess its a new form, like once again it being green and being worm/serpent-like leads me to thinking its related to Zygarde somehow. Going by the theory that the giant is also Zygarde, maybe in order to turn to it it needs to go through several stages for forms? Growing into a giant can't be that easy, there has to be some stages inbetween. Where this apparent larva form fits I don't know, it would seem odd for Zygarde to transform into a larva state an grow into the giant next (unless in order to turn into he giant Zygarde needs to turn back to a larva stage and work itself up from there, like instead of a larva turning into a serpent it would be like a sprouting plant turning into a tree giant (going along with the giant being based off Yggdrasil)).

Could be, but remember we aren't exactly going off the Norse mythology, just have similar thematic themes that can relate back to Norse Mythology. Though France was close to where Norse mythology was practiced it still lands a bit south out of its range. For a full Norse plot we'd probably need a region based in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, and/or Denmark.
Might I bring up Unova (based on Manhatten) dealt with Taoism themes and heavy philosophical things that come from the OTHER side of the real globe? :P Besides, it is pretty much confirmed Xerneas and Yveltal are inspired by Norse myth, and given this giant form for Zygarde does resemble a couple depictions of Ymir from what I remember... Especially since Nidhogg is a dragon/serpent of death gnawing on Yggdrasil's roots from Niflheim (aka Hell), Yveltal fits the bill, and Zygarde is stated to be an ecosystem guardian... Representing Earth (aka Midgard), he could be based on Ymir for this.

Also, side note. Ymir was the first of the frost giants... or a king. Fits the crown there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)