New OU List (and various other stats)

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay, so here's the new OU list:

Code:
Aerodactyl
Alakazam
Azelf
Blissey
Breloom
Bronzong
Celebi
Cresselia
Donphan
Dragonite
Dugtrio
Dusknoir
Electivire
Forretress
Gallade
Gengar
Gliscor
Gyarados
Heatran
Heracross
Hippowdon
Infernape
Jirachi
Jolteon
Kingdra
Lucario
Machamp
Magnezone
Mamoswine
Metagross
Ninjask
Porygon-Z
Rotom-H
Rotom-W
Salamence
Scizor
Shaymin-S
Skarmory
Snorlax
Starmie
Suicune
Swampert
Tentacruel
Togekiss
Tyranitar
Vaporeon
Weavile
Yanmega
Zapdos
(49 Pokemon)
This considers the various Rotom forms as different Pokemon, since I don't know if species clause was implemented on the server or not. If it was implemented, then replace Rotom-H and Rotom-W with Rotom-A (appliance), and we would have 48 OU Pokemon. These are also the new additions to the OU list. The Pokemon that were OU last month but no longer OU this month are Milotic, Roserade and Spiritomb.

These are the frequently-used Pokemon in the Standard ladder:

Code:
Blissey
Gyarados
Heatran
Salamence
Scizor
Zapdos
(6 Pokemon)
Gengar's fall from grace is impressive...

And, for the record, here are the numbers I used to get this list:

Code:
    Number of Battles: 184,358
Frequently-used Quota:  58,665
    Rarely-used Quota:  12,560

I also decided to do the same for the Uber, UU and Suspect ladders, with rather intriguing results:

For the Uber Ladder:

Code:
    Number of Battles: 5,943
Frequently-used Quota: 1,892
    Rarely-used Quota:   405

"OU List":

Blissey
Bronzong
Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-D
Deoxys-S
Dialga
Forretress
Garchomp
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Heracross
Ho-oh
Jirachi
Kingdra
Kyogre
Latias
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Metagross
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Scizor
Shaymin-S
Tyranitar
Wobbuffet
(30 Pokemon)

Frequently-Used Pokemon:

Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-S
Dialga
Groudon
Kyogre
Latias
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Scizor
(12 Pokemon)
For the UU Ladder, whose "OU List" can be considered as the official UU list, i.e. separating UU from NU:

Code:
    Number of Battles: 12,713
Frequently-used Quota:  4,046
    Rarely-used Quota:    867

"OU List":

Absol
Aggron
Altaria
Articuno
Banette
Blastoise
Claydol
Clefable
Drapion
Drifblim
Electrode
Froslass
Gastrodon
Glaceon
Golduck
Gorebyss
Grumpig
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Hypno
Jynx
Kabutops
Kangaskhan
Lanturn
Lapras
Leafeon
Lopunny
Manectric
Mantine
Meganium
Miltank
Muk
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Ninetales
Omastar
Persian
Poliwrath
Primeape
Probopass
Rotom
Sandslash
Scyther
Sharpedo
Steelix
Swellow
Toxicroak
Venomoth
Venusaur
Vileplume
Weezing
(52 Pokemon)

Frequently-used Pokemon:

Claydol
Clefable
Hitmontop
Ninetales
Rotom
Steelix
Venusaur
(7 Pokemon)
And the Suspect ladder... which was extremely centralised this time.

Code:
    Number of Battles: 5,554
Frequently-used Quota: 1,768
    Rarely-used Quota:   379

"OU List":

Azelf
Blissey
Breloom
Bronzong
Celebi
Cresselia
Deoxys-S
Forretress
Gengar
Gyarados
Heatran
Heracross
Hippowdon
Infernape
Jirachi
Kingdra
Lucario
Machamp
Magnezone
Mamoswine
Metagross
Mismagius
Rotom-C
Rotom-H
Rotom-W
Salamence
Scizor
Skarmory
Starmie
Suicune
Swampert
Tentacruel
Togekiss
Tyranitar
Vaporeon
Zapdos
(36 Pokemon)

Frequently-used Pokemon:

Blissey
Celebi
Deoxys-S
Gengar
Gyarados
Heatran
Metagross
Rotom-H
Salamence
Scizor
Suicune
Swampert
Tyranitar
Zapdos
(14 Pokemon)

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The Milotic and Spiritomb drops aren't surprising. Milotic Hypnosis' lower accuracy makes her much worse; Gengar gained Trick to make up for it and he still had a surprising usage fall. Spiritomb has much competition with the Rotom forms.

Gegnar wasn't that surprising for me. Spiritomb and Milotic like darkness said aren't surprising.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Does the reduction of the frequently-used OU pokémon list mean the metagame is less centralized than last month? We had 8 pokémon before, IIRC.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To be honest I'm not sure what it means. Actually I think that it doesn't mean anything specific... except that you have kinda less Pokemon to think about when building a team.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It looks like Obi's presentation of his defensive team was released a little too late to positively influence Spiritomb usages. I am suprised with Spiritomb's drop, given the gradual popularity in defensive teams.

As always, thank you, X-Act, for your greatly appreciated work.

Just because it's not OU, doesn't mean it can't still be BL. Especially with those stats.

I'm quite surprised Gallade and Ninjask remain OU. As far as Spiritomb, I think the addition of new Rotom forms have really hurt Spiritomb's usage. Now there are better spin blockers, and those that have rather unique moves.

I'm surprised that Electivire is still OU. I have not seen any on the ladder, as well as Gallade and Ninjask.

Though i must say, Gallade is extremely underrated.

Just because it's not OU, doesn't mean it can't still be BL. Especially with those stats.

I'm quite surprised Gallade and Ninjask remain OU. As far as Spiritomb, I think the addition of new Rotom forms have really hurt Spiritomb's usage. Now there are better spin blockers, and those that have rather unique moves.
What do you mean? None of the BLs are OU. That's the whole point of the tier. We're supposed to be unbanning all the BLs and NFEs, and retesting them in UU to see which ones actually need to be BL, and hopefully have a much smaller ban list for UU. So Milotic and friends will actually be allowed in UU, for a period of time, although I'd bet a lot on Milotic returning to BL shortly after.

And aren't we supposed to be starting the testing now we have the OU list?

Just my luck... I start a Pokemon Project, and the day after I finish gathering my research it all snowballs.

Although of course, I have to say well done for a very good list.

Must go tell my Milotic she's been kicked off the team now.
Well, there's nothing stopping you using Milotic on your team. Just because it's UU now, it doesn't mean that it's any worse than it was yesterday.

Also, I'm really shocked that Blissey isn't 'Frequently-Used' in Ubers anymore. I remember the first set of Ubers statistics, when Blissey was the 3rd most used Pokemon in Ubers.

Well, there's nothing stopping you using Milotic on your team. Just because it's UU now, it doesn't mean that it's any worse than it was yesterday.

Also, I'm really shocked that Blissey isn't 'Frequently-Used' in Ubers anymore. I remember the first set of Ubers statistics, when Blissey was the 3rd most used Pokemon in Ubers.
Dude, just because a Pokemon isn't OU anymore doesn't mean it's been demoted to UU yet.

And if it does go down there, it's shooting out right away.

Dude, just because a Pokemon isn't OU anymore doesn't mean it's been demoted to UU yet.

And if it does go down there, it's shooting out right away.
No, I was saying that Smogon have decided to make all BLs UU. Every single one of them. Including Milotic. They said they'd be doing it after this OU list was calculated.

Before this, most Pokemon that were demoted from OU automatically went to BL, but that shouldn't be happening this time. Do you understand now?

Yeah... I understood before. I'm saying it hasn't happened yet and a Pokemon like Milotic isn't going to be staying there for very long. Stop acting like all BLs are UU and will be there for a long time.

No, I was saying that Smogon have decided to make all BLs UU. Every single one of them. Including Milotic. They said they'd be doing it after this OU list was calculated.

Before this, most Pokemon that were demoted from OU automatically went to BL, but that shouldn't be happening this time. Do you understand now?
What the plan is is that eventually, all BL pokemon will be moved to UU in order to find a stable UU metagame. If a pokemon is found to make the UU tier unstable, then it will be moved to BL.

Yeah... I understood before. I'm saying it hasn't happened yet and a Pokemon like Milotic isn't going to be staying there for very long. Stop acting like all BLs are UU and will be there for a long time.
Oh, sorry if I made you angry... I thought that you believed I didn't think Milotic should be BL, so I just explained why I said it'd be UU, basically, because Smogon said so.

And thanks RB Golbat. Do you know when they're going to start this though? They said they'd be starting it as of now.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I dont understand how E-Vire is still OU but roserade, milotic are demoted to BL. I can understand spiritomb going to BL because of the rotom forms.

I dont understand how E-Vire is still OU but roserade, milotic are demoted to BL. I can understand spiritomb going to BL because of the rotom forms.
I've seen about 3 roserade, at least 5 milotic, and even more than a few shuckle on the ladder, but I don't think I've seen any electivire at all in the few weeks that I've been on Shoddybattle. >>

I didn't hear about this. Where can I find more information? <<

I run Electivire, so I've been increasing those usage statistics, at least a little.

I'm really shocked by Spiritomb. He seems on-par with the Rotom Appliances, and far better than Dusknoir. Spiritomb vs. Rotoms is basically a preference between no Weakness and more Resistances.

Thank you X-Act for this!

I'm quite surprised Mismagius made it to Suspect OU, and the fact that Ninjask made it to Standard OU, although it didn't make the cut for Suspect. Also rather shocked to not see Spiritomb in OU.

Thank you X-Act for this!

I'm quite surprised Mismagius made it to Suspect OU, and the fact that Ninjask made it to Standard OU, although it didn't make the cut for Suspect. Also rather shocked to not see Spiritomb in OU.
Ninjask is widely believed to be the "best" baton passer in the game. Its his reputation, not necessarily how good it is that I think causes it to always be in OU. >>

I've seen about 3 roserade, at least 5 milotic, and even more than a few shuckle on the ladder, but I don't think I've seen any electivire at all in the few weeks that I've been on Shoddybattle. >

I didn't hear about this. Where can I find more information? <<
They've been talking about doing it for a long time actually. At least half a year, and it has been a major topic in numerous threads. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45558 Here's one of them, but there are more.

And if I recall correctly, Mismagius was OU on one of the previous Suspect lists aswell, so I'm not that surprised, although it still strikes me as odd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)