VGC New meta Offence

Hi everyone, posting this team hanging around 1600s with some decent results post change. It looks quite promising even if most of the spreads should be adjusted, like marowak against incine or P2 vs special troom.
The team is highly offensive and immediately puts pressure on common leads due to either extreme power, like CB Urshifu + Draga, or double redirection in amoongus and togekiss. Here the outline of the team:

View attachment 255521View attachment 255523
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Trick Room

P2 serves as the prime trick room setter for the team as well as a good switch in for ghost into marowak. Setting up TR against an offensive high speed team with amoongus and Dynamax Marowak is more often than not a reliable win condition. Against other tr teams it is a reliable way to reverse and apply some pressure, even though the spread should be better optimized to tackle special spam.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Protect

Raw power and good coverage make marowak a prime threat to face off when confronted, and the ability to absorb Electric in a 2-ele weak team is quite amazing. Spread could be more efficient to tackle well incine if necessary.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Very fast attacker with a superb attack stat, Surging strikes always critting means that Incineroar and Arcanine cant stay in against this monster. Close combat is the necessary fighting type to tackle tyranitar as well as providing good and unprotectable coverage.
Lead Urshifu and Dragapult is the main plan to ohko lapras leads, with the added bonus of u-turn to reposition.

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Phantom Force
- Fly
- Dragon Dance

Together with maro it is the prime dinamax choice, providing good coverage and increased speed for our fast threats. With two redirectors it is more often than not an easy win with dragon dance sweep against unprepared teams.

Amoonguss @ Occa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

A blast from the past, with occa berry can survive Torkoal eruption in TR and sleep something. Redirection copes well with draga and sludge bomb covers the common taunt whimsicott. Amoongus also serves as a good fairy and water switch in, since we do not have a steel type.

Togekiss @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 164 SpA / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Follow Me
- Protect

Last but not least another redirector with fairy + flying coverage. The spreads is so that with +1 boost outspeeds base 95, with the rest in spa and bulk. Togekiss is the necessary third fast (flyer) threat and our back up dynamax in case the opposing team does well against ghosts.

Thank you in advance for your advice :)

Overall a solid team, though I think a couple changes could help make the team better.

Dragapult @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Fly
- Protect

I think this build is slightly better because WPolicy allows you to get that extra oomf your pult needs without needing to waste a turning Dragon Dancing. Although you do have double redirection, so it's possible that Dragon Dance is better than protect in your case, but I would still recommend putting policy on it because it allows you to put orb on Urshifu, which IMO would serve you better than Band. The last thing I'd advise is to maybe swap Occa berry for Coba Berry because Max Airsteam is incredibly common among the hard hitters in the meta such as Cinderace, Dragapult, Charizard, Kingdra, and Volcarona. Plus if your reason for occa berry is to live an Eruption from Torkoal then uh... I'd have to question what Torkoal sets you're coming across, because the two most common Torkoal sets still OHKO your Amoonguss for free.

252+ SpA Charcoal Torkoal Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Occa Berry Amoonguss in Sun: 435-513 (100.6 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Torkoal Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Occa Berry Amoonguss in Sun: 543-639 (125.6 - 147.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Now if you don't want to get rid of Occa Berry, you could invest a bit more of SpDef into your Amoonguss, the variant below will allow you to live a Charcoal and Sun boosted Eruption 83% of the time, though you still die from a specs one.

Amoonguss @ Occa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpA / 52 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect
252+ SpA Charcoal Torkoal Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 52+ SpD Occa Berry Amoonguss in Sun: 373-441 (86.3 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

So yeah, those would be my suggestions, hope they help you out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)