Not open for further replies.
PorygonZ @ Life Orb
Naughty, Adaptability
216 Spd, 252 SA, 40 Atk
~Agility
~Return
~Charge Beam
~Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse

Even with only 40 EVs in Atk, thanks LO+Adaptability and nature boost, PZ can 2HKO standard Bliss (Bold, 0/252) with Return all the time with Leftovers factored in, without the need of SR. Isn't that just beautiful? While still retaining its sweeping potential on the other side of the spectrum. Plus, with 216 EVs you get 270 Spd, which will allow you to outspeed Adamant Scarfed Weavile and Aero after an Agility. You lack the nature boost so Charge Beam will be useful to boost your SA. For the last slot, choose whatever your team needs.

PorygonZ @ Life Orb
Naughty, Adaptability
216 Spd, 252 SA, 40 Atk
~Agility
~Return
~Charge Beam
~Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse

Even with only 40 EVs in Atk, thanks LO+Adaptability and nature boost, PZ can 2HKO standard Bliss (Bold, 0/252) with Return all the time with Leftovers factored in, without the need of SR. Isn't that just beautiful? While still retaining its sweeping potential on the other side of the spectrum. Plus, with 216 EVs you get 270 Spd, which will allow you to outspeed Adamant Scarfed Weavile and Aero after an Agility. You lack the nature boost so Charge Beam will be useful to boost your SA. For the last slot, choose whatever your team needs.
You would be better off taking the 40 Atk EVs out of SpAtk since with max speed Porygonz can tie Adamant Lucario and Modest Porygonz and outrun Timid Heatran and Jolly Breloom. Agility is unnecessary on this set since it functions more as a Blissey-beating lure than as a sweeper. It can't sweep anyway without Tri-Attack, so this Porygonz should be a lure only and not a sweeper. The Return Porygonz set on the analysis is better at this set's purpose because it focuses its efforts more on luring than on trying to sweep, and doesn't use Agility.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Metagross @ Lum Berry
252 HP / 232 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
Bullet Punch
Explosion
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
youknowwhoitis, I used pretty much the same set as a lead here - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1741839&postcount=1. At that time Occa Berry was the more useful berry but I can see why Lum would be useful. I really liked how everybody expected SR and just got smacked in the face straight away, it nearly always allowed me to get an early lead. Good set, nothing new or creative though.

youknowwhoitis, I used pretty much the same set as a lead here - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1741839&postcount=1. At that time Occa Berry was the more useful berry but I can see why Lum would be useful. I really liked how everybody expected SR and just got smacked in the face straight away, it nearly always allowed me to get an early lead. Good set, nothing new or creative though.

Yeah I understand it isn't very new, I just have been having so much success recently with the set that I had to share it and I figured it would only be appropriate in this forum.

It's a relatively gimmick Rotom-A set I've been using with success.

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/76 Def/180 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball

Yes, the EVs are from the analysis. It gives Rotom equal defences in both... well... defences.

You see it, don't you? By boosting with Charge Beam, this Rotom functions like a Crocune with two attacks. A Crotom-A, you might say. The main drawback is it's lower, unboosted defence. Blissey also walls it to Kingdom come.

Be warned, though, Rest-Talk can be tough on your luck sometimes. Once Sleep Talk selected Rest 6 times in a row.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentionned, but I think this would work:

Lugia @ Leftovers
Jolly/Timid
252 HP/64 Def/192 Spe

Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Whirlwind

The EVs outrun Jolly Garchomp and give the best mixed wall possible with the rest. Unlike the other Lugia sets, this one actually enjoys Stealth Rock, as it allows him to Rest immediately. Once you start resting, you just keep shuffling (2/3 chance of shuffling) while ignoring the priority modifier. You need tons of entry hazard to deal some damage, but on a Stall Team, when the opponent's fast sweepers are dead or paraylzed (Scarf anything, Deoxys, Lati@s, Mewtwo), this can be devastating. It loses to Taunt, and it's kinda gimmicky, but it can still be used as a normal wall in between.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Jolly/Timid
252 HP/64 Def/192 Spe

Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Whirlwind

The EVs outrun Jolly Garchomp and give the best mixed wall possible with the rest. Unlike the other Lugia sets, this one actually enjoys Stealth Rock, as it allows him to Rest immediately. Once you start resting, you just keep shuffling (2/3 chance of shuffling) while ignoring the priority modifier. You need tons of entry hazard to deal some damage, but on a Stall Team, when the opponent's fast sweepers are dead or paraylzed (Scarf anything, Deoxys, Lati@s, Mewtwo), this can be devastating. It loses to Taunt, and it's kinda gimmicky, but it can still be used as a normal wall in between.

Highly likely this will not work but it's a good gimmick i guess :)

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus

Lugia @ Leftovers
Jolly/Timid
252 HP/64 Def/192 Spe

Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Whirlwind

This actually has me quite intrigued, not because of Lugia, but because of the actual strategy. I never thought of picking both Roar and Whirlwind to heighten the chances.

I'm starting to wonder how Aerodactyl under Sandstorm would do with this set in OU, since the only one fast enough to taunt him there is Electrode. Also, firing off normal priority phazing at base 130 Speed 2/3 of the time is monstrous. With Sandstorm, Aerodactyl actually becomes quite bulky on the special side with 279 Special Defense minimum, along with 364 max HP (though you'd want to use 363).

Admittedly, it would still take physical hits horribly, but on the special side, it's very nice. If it has 363 HP and 279 Special Defense, according to the libelldra damage calculator, if SR isn't up, it requires 497 Special Attack minimum, and a 95 BP STAB Super Effective move to guarantee a OHKO on Aero. If SR is up, it still requires 375 Special Attack minimum, and a 95 BP STAB Super Effective move to guarantee the OHKO. Pretty impressive for a Pokemon with that much Speed.

This actually has me quite intrigued, not because of Lugia, but because of the actual strategy. I never thought of picking both Roar and Whirlwind to heighten the chances.

I'm starting to wonder how Aerodactyl under Sandstorm would do with this set in OU, since the only one fast enough to taunt him there is Electrode. Also, firing off normal priority phazing at base 130 Speed 2/3 of the time is monstrous. With Sandstorm, Aerodactyl actually becomes quite bulky on the special side with 279 Special Defense minimum, along with 364 max HP (though you'd want to use 363).

Admittedly, it would still take physical hits horribly, but on the special side, it's very nice. If it has 363 HP and 279 Special Defense, according to the libelldra damage calculator, if SR isn't up, it requires 497 Special Attack minimum, and a 95 BP STAB Super Effective move to guarantee a OHKO on Aero. If SR is up, it still requires 375 Special Attack minimum, and a 95 BP STAB Super Effective move to guarantee the OHKO. Pretty impressive for a Pokemon with that much Speed.
Priority users still get to hit before they get phazed out though. What's the #1 priority in OU? Yeah, Aero will have problems pulling that off.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Priority users still get to hit before they get phazed out though. What's the #1 priority in OU? Yeah, Aero will have problems pulling that off.
Aerodactyl isn't the only member of its team...if it sees Scizor it can obviously switch out. I wouldn't dare run this without Magnezone support.

100% inferior to Swampert...
Same moves as swampert [bar recover], same typing, different ability which has little/no effect.
Recover generally wont help as something will come in to finish you off.

Not really. Sticky Hold beats the common TRICK leads, a type of lead that swampert can't beat. Recover helps tank so many hits it isn't funny. Metagross, Swampert, Aerodactyl, ect all die to Gastrodon, and Recover helps beat them, and Leftovers doesn't. I don't see Roserade leads at all now, and Starmie leads are still rare. The two common leads that can give Gastrodon problems are Bronzongs and Abomasnow, and neither are that popular. The only way that Gastrodon is inferior to Swampert is that it doesn't have Stealth Rock, which I do admit is a negative point, but can be replaced with Protect for scouting.

Charizard@Leftovers/LifeOrb
Adamant/Impish/Careful
196 Attack/ 196 speed / 118 Sp.Def or 196 Attack/ 140 speed/ 118 Sp.Def/ 56 HP
Will O' Wisp
Thunder Punch
Dragon Dance
Roost/FirePunch

EV's allow it to outrun neutral natured base 90 speed pokemon, and positive natured base 80 speed pokemon.
The idea here is to switch it in on something it scares, burn the switch-in, Dragon Dance, and Roost off any damage you receive. After a single Dragon Dance, Charizard's speed becomes 427 which is enough to outrun any non-scarfed pokemon. Thunder Punch coming off of 418 attack will hurt all common switchins, except the ever annoying Swampert. Anyway, just to give you an idea of how super sexy Charizard is,
Vaporeon's Surf on Charizard will do 189~222 damage. Which is right above half, though, Vaporeon will die from the DDed Thunder Punch.
Gyarados' Waterfall falls short of a KO when burned and dies from the returning Thunder Punch.
Fire Punch is really just an option over Roost for everything that Thunder Punch doesn't hit(Swampert, Jolteon, Electivire, and the likes)
Though, the common switch-ins to Charizard are water-types, so... meh

Ok This is a completely different kind of set for a latias then most people use... I've tried it on shoddy and it works pretty well.

Moveset Name: Mixed wall latias (not very creative I know)
Dragon Pulse
Reflect
Recover
Calm Mind
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature(s): Bold
EVs: 252/0/238/0/20/0
this set maximises Latias' walling capabilities, making it possible to survive most explosions after reflect and calm mind to take special hits. Although this doesn't take advantage of latias' amazing special defense, the massive amount of defensive EVs invested usually catches people off guard.

I hope I provided a good enough description this is my first post in a topic like this :)

Lugia @ Leftovers
Jolly/Timid
252 HP/64 Def/192 Spe

Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Whirlwind
Drapion is an excellent shuffler. Only one weakness (Ground), 70 / 110 / 75 defenses, decent ability (Battle Armor), and Poison typing to absorb Toxic Spikes. Drapion's movepool may be disappointing, but everything else about him is decent.

Drapion @ Leftovers
Bold / Battle Armor
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpDef
Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Whirlwind

Wallbreaking menace

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 66 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

i know what your thinknig theres is many mix menaces already out there but i have found this one can break stall like no tommrow best used with rapid spin support so you can switch in repetedly due to the drop from draco meteor so you can use him as a hit and run attacker
The general switch in for a dragon is a steel type fireblast can deal a minimum of 49.7% to a maxSDef&hp+ bronzong meaning with stealth rock you got a guranteed 2hko, if you predict a blissy switch in because all you used is special attacks outrage will do Damage: 49.31% - 58.06% meaning again with SR you got a guranteed 2hko if you come in on something you threaten you can DD up on the switch to improve your speed as after a single DD you will hit 426 so you outspeed a number of threats and with 2 DD you outspeed just about everything with a choice scarf

I don't know if this was created before but here is a set I thought of.

Nature: Adamant / Jolly
Ability: Guts
Item: Flame Orb / Toxic Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / Spe
Move 1: Megahorn
Move 2: Close Combat
Move 3: Stone Edge / Night Slash / Swords Dance
Move 4: Fling

Comments: Heracross is a very powerful Pokemon. The Choice Band set can practically 2HKO almost everything with Stealth Rock. The downside to Choice Band Heracross though is that it cannot switch around attacks. This set is used to take advantage of Heracross ability and Fling.

With Flame Orb or Toxic Orb your attack is increased by 1.5% giving an Adamant Heracross 574 Attack and a Jolly Heracross 523 Attack. The choice of item is a matter of preference. If you think you can stay in and sweep, use Flame Orb. If you want a hit and run Heracross use Toxic Orb as after 3 turns the damage will add up greater than burn damage.

Close Combat and Megahorn are given. Stone Edge is for Gyarados, Salamence, and other Flying types, while Night Slash is pretty much strictly for Rotom-A. Fling is an uncommon attack but this set takes advantage of that. If you know what Pokemon they switched in before you can use Fling to catch the switch in and burn or poison it. This is great for catching things like Gyarados who suffers greatly from a burn.

Edit: How could I forget about Swords Dance? ~_~

(NU/UU Wall Breaker w/ Trick Room)
Cacturne @ Life Orb
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 SAtk
0 Spe IVs
Quiet Nature
-Swords Dance
-Dark Pulse
-Brick Break
-HP Ground/Seed Bomb

This is a Cacturne set I came up with for the use of my NU Trick Room team. With the given EV spread and nature, Cacturne is slower than neutral natured base 35s, allowing him to "outspeed" most of NU.

Come in on something Cacturne scares and SD on the switch. After that, Cacturne can get at least a 2HKO on all of the NU walls, thanks to his balanced offensive stats and his fairly diverse moves.

Dark Pulse is a great STAB move that will hit even the best special walls, bar Shuckle, for a lot of damage. Because walls in NU are predominantly Steel, Rock or both, Brick Break and HP Ground are great together, hitting the bulkiest walls in NU for 4x effectiveness and from both spectrums. Seed Bomb is an option over HP Ground, as Brick Break can still OHKO many of the walls, thanks to its common 4x effectiveness. And grabbing Seed Bomb allows you to hit Golem for 4x, and allows you to hit many waters for 2x. Grass has weaker coverage than ground, though, so be wary.

This thing can also be used in UU, to an extent. It can easily take down walls like Chansey, Uxie and Slowbro, but has trouble against Steelix and Registeel. But if you have other pokemon that can deal with those two beforehand, Cacturne will be pretty hard to stop. For UU, I would go with Seed Bomb over HP Ground, as it doesn't hit anything particularly hard now that 4x weaknesses are essentially gone, and Seed Bomb lets you hit some of the bulkier waters like Milotic or Azumarill.

Anyways, tell me what you think.

I'd say Seed Bomb over HP ground, as HP Ground doesn't hit much that Brick Break doesn't in NU besides Fire types, who take almost as much damage from STAB DP anyways. And Seed Bomb hits waters like Relicanth hard, and is good for things like random Hippopotas or Gligar.

I'd say Seed Bomb over HP ground, as HP Ground doesn't hit much that Brick Break doesn't in NU besides Fire types, who take almost as much damage from STAB DP anyways. And Seed Bomb hits waters like Relicanth hard, and is good for things like random Hippopotas or Gligar.
Very true. Thanks for the input!

Away said:
Charizard@Leftovers/LifeOrb
Adamant/Impish/Careful
196 Attack/ 196 speed / 118 Sp.Def or 196 Attack/ 140 speed/ 118 Sp.Def/ 56 HP
Will O' Wisp
Thunder Punch
Dragon Dance
Roost/FirePunch
It's an interesting set, but you need to narrow it down. Impish and Careful are laughable options. Don't even consider them. Adamant is the way to go. The first EV spread is pretty good, allowing you to hit a good speed and a potent attack after only one DD, and gives you a little bulk against special water attacks.

I would forgo WoW for Earthquake, to get the super effective damage on Steel types (if you're using this in OU, you'll need that coverage). Trying to burn something on the switch is just a turn you could have used to DD up. Roost is interesting, but because Charizard is loaded with a bunch of common weaknesses, it will be very easy to either predict or just plain overpower. I'd go for Fire Punch for the 4x super effectiveness on Forretres and Scizor.

In the end, here is what I suggest:

Charizard @ Life Orb
196 Atk, 116 SDef, 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
-
Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Thunder Punch

Overall, this gets really good coverage and outspeeds a lot of threats. It's more of a suicide attacker than your original concept, but I think this will do much better, as it's incredibly offensive and will put on a lot of pressure, which is what I believe Charizard is meant to do.

Hope that was helpful.

Drapion is an excellent shuffler. Only one weakness (Ground), 70 / 110 / 75 defenses, decent ability (Battle Armor), and Poison typing to absorb Toxic Spikes. Drapion's movepool may be disappointing, but everything else about him is decent.

Drapion @ Leftovers
Bold / Battle Armor
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpDef
Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Whirlwind
Main problem is it becomes quite slow without EVs, so stuff can hit him before being forced out.

The Charizard set is kinda tricky. On one hand, it can sweep. On the other, it isn't very reliable due to Stealth Rock and due to Charizard's relatively low attack.

The Heracross set isn't all that great, Heracross would rather hit the opponent with a powerful Stone Edge rather than waiting around for Burn to hurt a Gyarados. The Toxic Orb could probably annoy Gliscor or something, but since Heracross learns Toxic anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)