NU NeverUsed Seasonal Grand Final (Won by Tuthur)

Art by Albi!
Welcome to the NeverUsed Seasonal, the last tournament of the 2023 NU Tournament Circuit! We have decided to make the NeverUsed Seasonal count towards the 2023 NU Tournament Circuit. This means that points earned in the NeverUsed Seasonal, together with all other NU Tournaments that count towards this Tournament Circuit, will determine who will fight in the eventual NU Tournament Circuit Playoffs. More on that can be found here. All you really need to know is that if you do well here, you have a shot at getting a cool and highly unique ribbon.

Here is this years format and general rules:
  • All sets played will be Best of Three series
  • All points gained in the NeverUsed Seasonal will count towards the NU Tournament Circuit, and is by far the best shot you have to score lots of points to guarantee a Playoffs spot
  • Don't be toxic or show bad sportsmanship, you'll get infracted.
  • Please take your time to read the general scheduling guidelines below
  • Please schedule for your games ASAP and give a reasonable window of times and availability

This seasonal will be hosted by Links and skierdude101.

Grand Finals
Pokeslice vs Tuthur

Since Tuthur is the finalist of the winners bracket, they will only need to win 1 set. Pokeslice will need to win 2 sets to be declared the champion.

Good luck!

Deadline is Sunday, December 31st at 11:59pm GMT-5! Extensions last through Wednesday and EXTENSIONS MUST BE REQUESTED BEFORE Friday, December 29th at 11:59pm GMT-5!

Replays Required!! DLC movesets and Pokemon are allowed! Inteleon and Snorlax bans are in effect!

Last edited:

Tuthur

Haha CEO
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
won ggs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9nu-736951
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9nu-736953
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9nu-736954

I'm very happy with winning for the first time an individual in an official tier. I've already won individuals in ZU and BDSP, but it feels like I've made a step forward in my smogon career.
I would like to thank S1nn0hC0nfirm3d for introducing to me to NU last year and showing me kicking ass in NU wasn't much different from ZU. I would like to thank boulicrok and Toadow for letting me play NU in french team tournaments, and giving me the motivation to get better in an official tier. I would like to thank Oathkeeper for drafting me in NUPL, showing NUers I wasn't just the silly ZU player who wants to unban Snowshrew and hates on Blastoise. I would like to thank the Islanders, especially skierdude101 Danny and GXE, working with you during SCL was a blast (except when it was 5am my time) and using some of your builds supported my run. I would like to thank Taka, Bouff, ManOfMany, Dr. Phd. BJ and Oathkeeper for helping me in finals, I didn't have much time to prep and you guys rocked. Also thanks to my biggest fans Akalli, mimilimi, ironwater, Astrø, and Jett.

I hope this wasn't too cringe, see you in circuit playoffs.

Last edited:

Pokeslice

Thanks for the Dance
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Sadly this tour didn't have that storybook finish like I would've wanted, but I'm still extremely happy with my run. I don't usually sign up for individuals because I find team tours much more fun, but I decided to sign up and not drop out round 2 this time only to see I somehow made it to top 8 without realizing?? From there I realized I could legitimately make circuit poffs with almost zero points on the sheet with a finals run, but I never really expected to get this far, or even close to it LOL. I think it was enough to make circuit playoffs if my math is right, so I can't complain at a loss.

This seriously could not be done without the help of skierdude101 Danny Togkey Phantomistix and outbackrabbit who would vc for hours "building" with me the day before every matchup I was supposed to play, and of course the few other users who would pass me teams when I'd ask. Without them, I could never get my highest placement yet in any individual, let alone a nu ssnl. Y'all are awesome and make playing mons a lot sweeter :)

Also, gz to Tuthur! it was a pleasure to play (and lose to) you twice this tournament and I'm glad you were able to get the win. Maybe I'll see you in circuit finals too :v4:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)