National Dex Need Help Improving My Team

Hello! I'm a pretty low ladder player, highest I'm at today is 1342 for National Dex. I decided now that summer is out, and I don't have to worry about school for a couple of months, I wanted to get better at playing the game. I'm still unsure what playstyle I wanna go for, but I've noticed that I tend to enjoy more defensive playstyles.
Here is the current team I'm running with:

1655608607793.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost
Gliscor is my main tank for dealing with things the rest of my team can't deal with. I run a fair amount of pokemon weak to electric, so he works nicely to counter things like regieleki. It also works well when games come down to who can stall, and he can safely get rid of entry hazards while not having to deal with spikes, toxic spikes, or sticky web. In situations when it needs to deal vs tanky pokemon that can't take it out, the toxic works to outstall them.
1655609011242.png

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn
Greninja is my only real sweeper and late game cleaner. He has a lot of coverage, able to take out things faster than it with priority, and most things cannot safely take hydro pump or dark pulse safely, or at least without getting a fair bit of damage dealt to them. He helps deal with things like landorus T, and psychic types.
1655609025817.png

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 16 SpA / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
Volcarona is my only fire and dark coverage in my team. I chose a bulky sweeper so that it can set up and take out, at the very minimum, 1 or 2 pokemon. While there are some games that it outright wins, a lot of the times, I have to keep volcarona in the back until late game, mostly due to things like Heatran.
1655609224417.png

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic
This set works wonderfully against things that may think they can set up against it, and sweep. It can tank things like Landorus eq, +1 attack Dragonite eq, and volt switch from regieleki. It's main strength comes from how it can break down set up sweepers as long as I switch in when the threat presents itself. Haze helps it both get rid of sweepers, and outlast other stall mons.
1655609462674.png

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
Ferrothorn is a bit of a strange build I stole from a wondertrade ferrothorn. The physical bulk helps it have time to set up spikes, recover using leech seed, and protect to stall out turns from leech seed. The gyro ball is there to counter fairy types who may think they can set up on ferrothorn, notably Tapu Lele.
1655609687337.png

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect
Honestly, Sableye is a bit of a new addition to my team. I originally had Mega-Garchomp there, but after some thinking, I decided my team could use a Magic Bounce user. His defenses help it set up will-o-wisp against physical sweepers, and knock-off cripples some walls. The recover and protect help keep it alive, while the status effects from the rest of my team help weigh down the opponent, so the rest of my team can either outlast, or sweep the opposing team.

Since Greninja has 2 physical attacks, is a Naive or Hasty nature plausible? I worry that, at least, Water Shuriken is too weak w/ -atk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)