Gen 6 Need For Extremespeed: The XY Ubers Priority Compendium

Your favourite priority user in Ubers?

• Total voters

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
following up on the Arceus compendium, this is the priority compendium for Ubers. This will obviously also need a slight redo come ORAS but not so much, priority is priority in XY and ORAS and it doesn't really change too much. Kudos to Hack again for proofreading. I'll add in Prankster users soon, i completely forgot about them.
Need for Extremespeed: The XY Ubers Priority Compendium

Moves
########

Extremespeed: an 80 base power Normal-Type move, priority +2, most commonly used by Arceus-Normal. It also sees use on Arceus-Ground and certain other formes, as well as Rayquaza, Deoxys-Attack and Genesect.

Notable Targets: everything (no, seriously)

########

Bullet Punch: a base 40 Steel-Type move, priority +1, almost exclusively used by Scizor and its Mega Evolution, although Mega Lucario can also use it very effectively.

Notable Targets: Xerneas

########

Sucker Punch: A base 80 Dark-Type move, priority +1, which notably fails if the opponent does not attack, and also fails if the opponent uses faster priority (a higher priority bracket or a higher speed tier). Used by Yveltal, Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile.

Notable Targets: Mewtwo, Mega Mewtwo Y, Deoxys-Attack, Gengar, Arceus-Ghost

########

Fake Out: A base 40 Normal-Type move, priority +3, which notably only works on the first turn that the user is out, and will fail on all consequent attempts unless the user switches out then back in again, resetting the counter. Something else to note is that Mega Kangaskhan can hold off on Mega Evolving to use its Scrappy ability and hit Ghost-Types with this move.

Notable Targets: nothing in particular

########

Shadow Sneak: A base 40 Ghost-Type move, priority +1. Used mostly by Giratina-Origin, and now and then by Aegislash. Something to note is that they are both immune to Extremespeed by virtue of their Ghost typing, meaning that they do not fear being out-prioritised by it.

Notable Targets: Mewtwo, Mega Mewtwo Y, Deoxys-Attack, Gengar, Arceus-Ghost, Deoxys-Speed (for antileading purposes)

Extremespeed
########

Arceus

Arceus-Normal is most commonly known for carrying this move, as due to STAB, Swords Dance and the possibility of a boosting item like Life Orb, it becomes the most powerful priority attack in Ubers. Standard 120/120/120 bulk allows Arceus-Normal to set up a Swords Dance relatively easy, and +2 Extremespeed OHKOs most of the tier’s offensive members.

Arceus-Normal @ Life Orb
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Rayquaza

Rayquaza also typically uses Extremespeed alongside Swords Dance, allowing it to set up quickly and become frighteningly powerful. Whilst keeping moves such as Outrage and V-Create for slower, bulkier Pokemon, Rayquaza can use its 150 base Attack, Life Orb and +2 from Swords Dance to OHKO faster Pokemon such as Palkia and Darkrai, preventing them from revenge killing it. Dragon Dance Rayquaza can also use Extremespeed to an extent, although it is a lot less powerful, and even mixed attacking sets can also abuse it.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 4 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- V-Create
- Extremespeed

Deoxys-Attack

Deoxys-Attack can use Extremespeed for various different purposes. Due to its ridiculous 180 base Attack, even neutral nature 4 Atk Extremespeed does significant damage to everything, and allows Deoxys-Attack to beat out other, weakened priority users that aim to take it down by preying on its non-existent Defense, as well as anti-lead Deoxys-Speed.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
4 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Extremespeed
- Superpower / Ice Beam / Stealth Rock

Genesect

Genesect - Genesect can use Extremespeed most effectively on its Choice Band set, as with a +1 boost from Download it gives Genesect very effective revenge killing power. Extremespeed can also see use on Choice Scarf sets over Explosion if a team needs a little extra insurance. Something to note is that Extremespeed is an event move for Genesect, and requires a Hasty nature to be useable.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
248 Atk / 8 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-Turn
- Iron Head
- Extremespeed / Explosion
- Ice Beam / Blaze Kick / Explosion

Sucker Punch
########

Yveltal

Yveltal - Yveltal’s Sucker Punch has the potential to be the strongest priority in the game, thanks to Dark Aura. All offensive Yveltal sets run Sucker Punch, and it is obscenely powerful even with only 4 Atk EVs, a neutral nature and Life Orb, easily taking 50% off of faster threats such as Palkia, Scarf Kyogre and Genesect, and even allowing Yveltal to chip ~20-25% off of Geomancy Xerneas (so if it comes in on Oblivion Wing and consequently eats another Oblivion Wing before setting up Geomancy, it's done). Taunt also works nicely alongside Sucker Punch, forcing the opponent to attack or switch.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
4 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt / U-Turn

Mega Kangaskhan

Mega Kangaskhan - Mega Kangaskhan tends to use Sucker Punch alongside Fake Out for double priority that can manhandle offensive teams and easily revenge even slightly weakened offensive Pokemon thanks to the ridiculous power granted it by Parental Bond, and also proves incredibly useful to stop weakened threats such as Choice Scarf users from revenge killing Kangaskhan.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy --> Parental Bond
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Mega Mawile

Mega Mawile - Mega Mawile can use Sucker Punch to patch up its low Speed, and thanks to Huge Power can OHKO large portions of the tier if it manages to set up a Swords Dance. Alongside moves such as Knock Off and Play Rough and a fantastic defensive and offensive typing in Fairy/Steel, Mega Mawile can even deal with Ho-Oh and Xerneas, with Knock Off + Sucker Punch KOing the former whilst being able to switch in on Geomancy Xerneas and hit it with Fairy Aura boosted Play Rough then finishing it off with Sucker Punch.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate --> Huge Power
252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off / Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Bullet Punch
########

Scizor & Mega Scizor

Scizor - every Scizor in existence carries Bullet Punch due to the Technician boost and STAB. Scizor has regained popularity in Ubers this generation due to the rise of Geomancy Xerneas. Scizor’s ability to hit it supereffectively, from either defensive Mega sets or Choice Band sets, means that the metal mantis stands out as a premier check to the rainbow deer. It also serves for generic revenge killing purposes, and interestingly allows Scizor to checkmate Deoxys-Attack, threatening to Bullet Punch it if it stays in or Pursuit it if it switches out. Choice Band Scizor can also sometimes make use of Quick Attack, which is boosted by Technician to snipe things such as Mega Blaziken that resist Bullet Punch.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
248 HP / 212 Atk / 44 Def
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / Quick Attack
- Superpower

OR

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal --> Technician
248 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog / Pursuit / Toxic / U-Turn
- Defog / Pursuit / Toxic / U-Turn
- Roost

Mega Lucario

Mega Lucario - Whilst not always seen on Mega Lucario, it is nevertheless a worthwile move on the Aura warrior. Sticky Web teams, which Lucario fits best on, tend to have issues with Geomancy Xerneas should it manage to set up. Lucario stands out as an offensive check to it, being able to strip over half of Xerneas’s health away with Bullet Punch. It also provides Lucario with insurance should things go wrong, and has reliable accuracy unlike Iron Tail (which I guarantee will always miss against Xerneas as it sets up Geomancy).

Mega Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified --> Adaptability
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge / Ice Punch / Swords Dance

Fake Out
########

Mega Kangaskhan

Mega Kangaskhan - As mentioned, Kangaskhan uses Fake Out alongside Sucker Punch for cheap free damage. Due to Parental Bond and STAB, it does a large amount of damage to Pokemon such as Palkia and Darkrai, and also gives Mega Kangaskhan an opportunity to Mega Evolve safely. Also, due to the mechanics of Fake Out, it out-prioritises all other priority attacks, meaning that Kangaskhan can actually revenge kill weakened Extremespeed users, and, notably, OHKO Deoxys-Attack whether it is Sash or not.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Shadow Sneak
########

Giratina-Origin

Giratina-Origin - Shadow Sneak is a staple on all Giratina-Origin sets due to its incredible utility. Thanks to STAB, Griseous Orb’s 20% boost and Giratina’s decent 120 base Attack, it is capable of achieving such feats as 2HKOing Mewtwo and its Y Mega Evolution. It is also useful for disposing of Deoxys-Attack, which cannot hit Giratina-Origin with Extremespeed due to the Ghost typing, and does useful amounts of damage to Arceus-Ghost as well.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
248 Def / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force
- Defog / Will-O-Wisp / Substitute

Aegislash

Aegislash - whilst Aegislash usually prefers Shadow Ball or Pursuit to Shadow Sneak, Shadow Sneak can still come in useful from time to time, as it allows Aegislash to KO any Geomancy Xerneas that survive a Gyro Ball, and also does acceptable damage to Mewtwo formes (although it does not 2HKO any of them without Attack investment). A combination of Pursuit and Shadow Sneak can also deal with a weakened Mega Gengar.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpDef
Speed IV: 0
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Pursuit / Shadow Ball / Shadow Sneak
- Toxic
- King’s Shield

########

Prankster - Klefki, Thundurus, Sableye, Whimsicott
coming soon

Last edited:
hey fren nice thread :] however the gira-o and aegis set have wrong slashing (or in my humble opinion at least), I think they should look like this:

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
248 Def / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog / Shadow Force / Magic Coat

sub is used along with shadow force I think but idk, I saw hack use it once. dk if its an actual set though. this isnt about actual sets i know, but you could also say the defog/magic coat sets dont really need adamant and a more defensive spread is nicer.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpDef
Speed IV: 0
Sassy Nature
- King’s Shield
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak / Pursuit
- Toxic / Pursuit / Shadow Ball

Sneak is really important for finishing off low health mm2/mgar, and is much more needed than lets say pursuit, but it is possible to play mindgames with shadow sneak and trap mgar with pursuit even without having sneak. though they most likely have trapped something already after aegislash comes in to "trap" it, its still nice etc etc you know the drill. anyway sball is likely one of the bigger things aegis has going for it as it can actually beat stall2 which is nice.

Sucker Punch Sableye IMO

Ok, more seriously, I always had a strong affinity for sucker punch mega kanga, it just hits so many things for a ton.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
The slashing for Giratina-O should probably be slashed like this imo:
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force / Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Will-O-Wisp is better than Shadow Force on defensive and balanced teams that need Gira to function as a Ground check, E-killer check, and a Defog user all in one which is a hefty task load even with wisp. I would keep Defog unslashed since Gira-O is one of the best Defog users right now. I know this isn't an official analysis or anything, but if this is the thread where someone first sees a Giratina-O with a useable moveset, we would want them to see what is best for it in almost every case.

Mega Scizor should also have its slashing look like:
- Bullet Punch
- Toxic / U-Turn / Pursuit
- U-turn / Pursuit / Knock Off / Defog
- Roost

Mega Scizor isn't the best at using Defog when compared to Arceus formes and Giratina-O, so having it as first slash on both slots is a bit silly. SD Mega Scizor should also be mentioned here in the thread somewhere since it is a fairly underrated set and +2 Tech BP is a very powerful priority move itself.

Edit: It should be mentioned on Mega Mawile that Fairy Aura boosted Play Rough + Sucker Punch only reliably KOs Xerneas after Stealth Rock. (I personally think Iron Head should be first slash because of this, but that is probably just me)
16+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Fairy Aura Xerneas: 303-357 (72.3 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
16+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 67-79 (15.9 - 18.8%) -- possible 6HKO

Last edited:
On your overview for sucker punch, notable targets should include weakened mons too, like Palkia or Zekrom. Doing ~50% to mons can often be the end of them.

The slashing for Giratina-O should probably be slashed like this imo:
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force / Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Will-O-Wisp is better than Shadow Force on defensive and balanced teams that need Gira to function as a Ground check, E-killer check, and a Defog user all in one which is a hefty task load even with wisp. I would keep Defog unslashed since Gira-O is one of the best Defog users right now. I know this isn't an official analysis or anything, but if this is the thread where someone first sees a Giratina-O with a useable moveset, we would want them to see what is best for it in almost every case.

Mega Scizor should also have its slashing look like:
- Bullet Punch
- Toxic / U-Turn / Pursuit
- U-turn / Pursuit / Knock Off / Defog
- Roost

Mega Scizor isn't the best at using Defog when compared to Arceus formes and Giratina-O, so having it as first slash on both slots is a bit silly. SD Mega Scizor should also be mentioned here in the thread somewhere since it is a fairly underrated set and +2 Tech BP is a very powerful priority move itself.

Edit: It should be mentioned on Mega Mawile that Fairy Aura boosted Play Rough + Sucker Punch only reliably KOs Xerneas after Stealth Rock. (I personally think Iron Head should be first slash because of this, but that is probably just me)
16+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Fairy Aura Xerneas: 303-357 (72.3 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
16+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 67-79 (15.9 - 18.8%) -- possible 6HKO
Um scizor slashes more like this one:

- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Toxic / Superpower
- Pursuit / U-Turn

Not only are these logical slashes (1+1, 2+2) but why would I use knock off on non-sd zor or defog scizor bar in like really specific scenario's? I guess you could fit defog in somwhere, but ehh. Also you dont use defog gir-o on spikestack, which is where you use sforce/something else. You always want to have wisp, as without it it does a poor job of doing what its supposed to do. Defog really isnt mandatory, as it really depends on your team, however wisp is.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Also you dont use defog gir-o on spikestack, which is where you use sforce/something else. You always want to have wisp, as without it it does a poor job of doing what its supposed to do. Defog really isnt mandatory, as it really depends on your team, however wisp is.
You don't run Giratina-O on offense unless you want a Defog user that has the ability to check Mewtwo, the ability to smack Xerneas into the KO range of priority or another soft check, can Dragon Tail E-Killer out, can pivot into Ground-type moves, and has relatively strong priority. You can use Defog on non-suicide lead Spikes stacking offense since users of Spikes and Stealth Rock on the team will usually be able to get them up again (see dice's repository for some of these). On Toxic Spikes HO, if you feel stall will not be able to perform cleric duties against the team without being significantly behind, using Defog on these is fine as well because of the long lasting effect of poisoning (I have seen a Hack team like this and I am sure he has more). Wisp has very little to no utility on Tspikes offense for obvious reasons and losing momentum by using Will-O-Wisp on Spikes offense is a pretty bad idea. Will-O-Wisp is perfectly fine on Balanced and Defensive builds where Giratina-O is supposed to check E-Killer and Ground-types, but on offense it isn't very useful and thus not worth the slot most if the time.

This is completely off topic I realize. I might ask to make a Giratina-O revamp later in C&C where we can carry this out if it is too off topic in the eyes of the staff.

With Dark Aura and LO, STAB Sucker Punch by Yveltal is actually the strongest unboosted priority move.

252 Atk Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 196-231 (44.1 - 52%)
252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 138-164 (31 - 36.9%)

On an unrelated note:
With Knock Off being available to Yveltal in ORAS (97.5 BP, nearly 200 BP after STAB and Dark Aura, even more after LO!!), we might just start seeing Physical variants. Sadly, it is also possible that up to 4 members of a team being immune to the item removing effects of Knock Off, reducing the boost.
252 Atk Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Palkia: 278-329 (86.3 - 102.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)