Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 22 Spe
- Expanding Force
- Meteor Beam
- Trick Room
- Protect

Thanks to Expanding and great synergy with Indeedee-F's Psychic Terrain, Necrozma is one of the faces of DOU Trick Room! Power herb allows Necrozma to boost its special attack and use meteor beam in one turn while being great coverage for Incineroar. Expanding Force is a strong multitarget move with Psychic Terrain. Trick Room allows it to set up stage control for itself and teammates, and protect allows you to keep Necrozma on the field while pivoting in Pokemon that can support it/cover its weaknesses And it's great bulk with HP investment alongside Prism Armor allows it to stick around for a long time. With this in mind, Necrozma is a great Pokemon in DOU and definitely worth trying on Trick Room and Psychic Terrain squads!

If you want to try Necrozma out it can be seen in The_Bandits team right here! https://pokepast.es/d3b83ec89e6daf53".

Last edited:

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
My Recommendations:
Necrozma is strong because of eforce, not meteor beam, but since you touch on it later would probably just say necrozma is a core component of psychic terrain teams. also its not necessarily trick room.
Sentences 2 and 3 mention meteor beam twice, probably would just say power herb allows necrozma to boost its special attack and use meteor beam in one turn. (may be worth mentioning its good incineroar coverage). Expanding force is a strong stab move that can hit multiple targets with boosted power in psychic terrain.
(something along those lines)
the trick room thing is super fluff, just "trick room allows it to set up stage control for itself and teammates" probably suffices.
probably just say protect allows you to keep necrozma on the field while pivoting in pokemon that can support it/cover its weaknesses
i would honestly mention its bulk + prism armor at the beginning since that seems to make the most sense, but im not exactly sure about the format of this so i wont comment more than that
i would say its worth trying on psychic terrain teams, not just trick room teams

add remove comment

I see the light....
:sm/necrozma:
Necrozma @ Power Herb
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 22 Spe
- Expanding Force
- Meteor Beam
- Trick Room
- Protect

Thanks to Expanding Force and great synergy with Indeedee-F's Psychic Terrain, Necrozma is one of the faces of DOU Trick Room (these two things aren't exactly related. how does having a powerful expanding force make you a great trick room setter?)! Power herb allows Necrozma to boost its special attack and use meteor beam in one turn while being great coverage for Incineroar. Expanding Force is a strong multitarget move with Psychic Terrain you're describing what the move is, but why is it relevant? are there any pokemon that get blown up by +1 expanding force in psychic terrain (hint 1: yes, hint 2: meteor beam synergy). Trick Room allows it to set up stage speed control for itself and teammates like?, and protect allows you to keep Necrozma on the field while pivoting in Pokemon that can support it/cover its weaknesses this is just unnecessary, we want to show off necrozma, not give it a psuedo analysis, so the boring stuff can be cut And it's great bulk with HP investment alongside Prism Armor allows it to stick around for a long time I'd like you to be specific here. Taking Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball, for instance, is a pretty big deal.. With this in mind, Necrozma is a great Pokemon in DOU and definitely worth trying on Trick Room and Psychic Terrain squads! this is just a restarted version of the first line.

I just feel like this completely misses the mark of what Necrozma does and doesn't highlight what trends in the metagame lead it to be a good pick or what partners go well with it besides the opening indeedee-f mention. please read the pinned intro to spotlights thread if you haven't already.

something I'd love to see mentioned in this is that Necrozma saw good tournament usage in DPL 7 and the laddering stage of DLT, mentioning that would be nice because there's a huge disconnect between DOU ladder and tours

If you want to try Necrozma out it can be seen in The_Bandits team right here! https://pokepast.es/d3b83ec89e6daf53".
implement these changes and let me know when done

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
This spotlight doesn't have the quality we are looking for, so it will be reassigned. Please do read this thread if you wish to contribute in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)