Tournament NDWC III - Manager Signups [CLOSES ON April 19th at 11:59 PM GMT-4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
Hosted by TheSorcer3r ken and Irpachuza

Art by Kolohe
This is the thread to sign up for National Dex World Cup captaincy. If you want to lead a team this year you must post here.

Asia + Oceania
Brazil
China
France
Europe
India
Latin America & Caribbean
Spain
UK
USA Northeast + Canada
USA Midwest + USA West
USA South

The current regions may still be altered due to inadequate signups; if you have any questions or concerns regarding this, feel free to PM us and we will address them.

Eligibility

Please note that you are eligible to lead the team of the region that you reside in, meaning that you may only lead and play for your region associated with your IP. This will be verified by us and any other means of identifications will not be eligible.

Map of US Regions:

Rules

Please only post here if you are applying for captaincy. This will be moderated and nonsense will be deleted. If you have any legitimate questions or concerns then feel free to PM us and we will address them.

Sign-up Format:
Code:
Team:
Manager:
Co-Manager: (type N/A if not applicable to you)
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY):
(Briefly explain any experience/reasoning for why you think you'd be a good pick)

spell

Death and I
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Team: Northeast + Canada
Manager: Isza (SHA_EBK)
Co-Manager: myself (Spellcaster)
Team Mascot: Chien Pao

Kaiser won (and played a heavy managerial role) NDPL II, NDWC II, and runner-upped NDPL III. I, meanwhile, am total ass when it comes to managing. But I have played in these tournaments since 2021, and also have built a lot to help those aforementioned tours land in Kaiser's lap.

sasha

one eyed owl
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
team: us west / midwest
manager: me
co-manager: avarice
team mascot: chi-yu

managed ndpl twice, managed last ndwc and while there were a lot of hiccups during the *beginning* of the tour it was not entirely in my control and it was an interesting experience...but i can promise a much better experience with a different co than the one i had last year

avarice has also managed many tours (not nd ones) and has played in ndpl multiple times along with ndwc

Last edited:

Sulo

shifting stars
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
Team: US South
Manager: Sulo
Co-Manager: style.css
Team Mascot: Bombirdier

im one of the most integrated community members in nd atm, and style has played in multiple nd tours as a solid ndm player. im personally green to the managing scene but both of us can operate in team environments well for sure.

Last edited:
Team: Europe
Manager: AtraX Madara
Co-Manager: Mihowk
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Raikou

Managed some tours such as bsswcop, teamballo II and I, monowcop and some others, did fairly well in most of those I managed, played last years ndpl and ndmpl while Mihowk has also experience as manager like monowcop, teamballo and bdsppl, we both have played tons of pl's as players

Team: Midwest / West
Manager: Mollymiltoast
Co-Manager: sanguine
Team Mascot: :landorus-therian:

Sanguine and I have been contributing members to ND for multiple years and have immense knowledge of the player base and metagames. We have played in many ND tours achieving relatively decent stats. I have still yet to manage but I know we would provide a friendly/ competitive setting for West+Midwest to thrive in.

Piyush25

is a defending SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Team: India
Manager: Piyush25
Co-Manager: Dj Breloominati♬
Team Mascot: Kingambit

I have captained in PUWC, UbersWC, and HPL (finalist) along Spitfire.
Spitfire has managed and participated in MPL, HPL, UbersWC, MonoWC, and CAPPL. He has also participated in UPL, UUSD, RUPL, RUSD, NUSD, PUPL, DOUWC, PTPL and Teamballo in the past year.
Besides this, we were especially involved in Wcop for our respective teams.

ezra

i NEVER lie
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending National Dex Circuit Champion
Team: Asia + Oceania
Manager: vstra
Co-Manager: anique
Team Mascot: lopunny

Me and anique have been playing nd as well as contributing to its community since 2020 so we have a vast knowledge of the playerbase and the metagame. Although we have never managed a offical pl before we have some experience off non-official ones so I believe that we would be great candidates for the managerial role.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Team: UK
Manager: Milo
Co-Manager: Jho
Team Mascot: :sinistea:

Jho has been playing the tier for god knows how long, former TL of Generation 8, current TL of Generation 9, knows the community extremely well. I've been playing since Generation 8 back in August 2021, big part of the community, lots of tour experience as player and manager + I managed in NDPL where we got to semis on 1st seed.

Last edited:

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
Team: France
Manager: Ryuji
Co-Manager: N/A
Team Mascot: Mega Metagross
I play this tier since it was created i think, won several tournaments including the last PL as a manager, am a council member in both gen8 and gen9 and was the previous manager for the last 2 wcop, making it to finals last edition.

Team: Northeast + Canada
Manager: Isza (SHA_EBK)
Co-Manager: myself (Spellcaster)
Team Mascot: Chien Pao

Kaiser won (and played a heavy managerial role) NDPL II, NDWC II, and runner-upped NDPL III. I, meanwhile, am total ass when it comes to managing. But I have played in these tournaments since 2021, and also have built a lot to help those aforementioned tours land in Kaiser's lap.
Screenshot_20230414-095640_Chrome.jpg

Confirming.

anique

</3
is a Tiering Contributor
Team: Asia + Oceania
Manager: vstra
Co-Manager: anique
Team Mascot: lopunny

Me and anique have been playing nd as well as contributing to its community since 2020 so we have a vast knowledge of the playerbase and the metagame. Although we have never managed a offical pl before we have some experience off non-official ones so I believe that we would be great candidates for the managerial role.
yes, confirm

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Team: Spain
Manager: Dorron
Co-Manager: Mandibuladel5555
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Shiny Gyarados

Have been a strong presence in the community for many years, hosting several projects and last NDPL, as well as being manager in last NDWC and playing the previous one too. Mandibula is our new goated addition that will make the tier best players tremble with his incredible skill.

Peum

formerly Mandibuladel5555
Team: Spain
Manager: Dorron
Co-Manager: Mandibuladel5555
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Shiny Gyarados

Have been a strong presence in the community for many years, hosting several projects and last NDPL, as well as being manager in last NDWC and playing the previous one too. Mandibula is our new goated addition that will make the tier best players tremble with his incredible skill.
Confirming

Athena's Myth

Banned deucer.
Team: Latin America
Manager: One Last Kiss
Co-manager: Athena's Myth
Team Mascot: Ho-Oh

Olk has experience as a captain, winning a few team tours as a ptpl. He is currently captain in the adpl, in which his team has shown an indisputable performance and plans to lead Venezuela this year to the wcop. I have had the opportunity to be a manager in some discord tournaments and I have captained the Latin American team in WCoPP (Pokemon Perfect Wcop). We both know most of the players from Latin America, and we believe that together we can lead this team to victory in this edition of ndwc.

AL

为人民服务
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor
Team:China
Manager: AL
Co-Manager: hi.naming is hard
Team Mascot:Rayquaza

I am a staff in Ps China sever while hi.naming is hard is mod in Chinese room, one we are all leaders in Chinese translation; we both r well known members in the Chinese community. Although we are new to the manege part, I believe we can work well with the team.

Last edited:

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Team: India
Manager: Piyush25
Co-Manager: Dj Breloominati♬
Team Mascot: Kingambit

I have captained in PUWC, UbersWC, and HPL (finalist) along Spitfire.
Spitfire has managed and participated in MPL, HPL, UbersWC, MonoWC, and CAPPL. He has also participated in UPL, UUSD, RUPL, RUSD, NUSD, PUPL, DOUWC, PTPL and Teamballo in the past year.
Besides this, we were especially involved in Wcop for our respective teams.
confirming :kingambit:

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
Managers have been chosen!

:lopunny: Asia + Oceania - vstra and anique
:cinderace: Brazil - KeldeoCrowned and Mateeus
:rayquaza-mega: China - AL and hi.naming is hard
:metagross-mega: France - Ryuji
:raikou: Europe - AtraX Madara and Mihowk
:kingambit: India - Piyush25 and Dj Breloominati♬
:ho-oh: Latin America - One Last Kiss and Athena's Myth
:gyarados: Spain - Dorron and Mandibuladel5555
:sinistea: UK - Milo and Jho
:chien-pao: USA Northeast + Canada - Isza and Spellcaster
:chi-yu: USA Midwest + USA West - sasha and avarice
:bombirdier: USA South - Sulo and style.css

It was a close call for US MW/W, and we'd like to thank Mollymiltoast and sanguine for stepping up :)

Rosters are due by the time of player signups closing: April 23rd @ 11:59pm GMT-4.

In the meantime, feel free to DM me or the hosts collectively your logos when they're ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)