Tournament NDPL IV - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
1692565290604.png

art by Gummy

Welcome to the fourth edition of National Dex Premier League! Within the next week, we will begin the manager signup process. Only post if you would like to sign up to manage a team.

The formats will be as follows:
SV NDOU
SV NDOU
SV NDOU
SS NDOU
SS NDOU
SV NDUU
SV NDRU
SV NDUBERS
SV NDMONO
SV ND DOU

Format of a signup post
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager (if applicable):
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
Why would you make a Good Manager?:

This thread will be open for approximately a week (until August 20th) or sooner if we decide managers before then.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPBacon

idola deus
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the defending SM Circuit Champion
Manager: Ryuji
Assistant Manager (if applicable): ChrisPBacon
Team Name: Galarian Pheonix
List of Accomplishments: Ryuji is an alltime goat at natdex that basically made it far into every single individual, made world cup playoffs twice and won ndpl while being a solid former contributor, meanwhile i made nd circuit qualifications twice, have a positive record in nd team tours, currently a part of nd council and vr council, and made playoffs for smogon tour and olt
Why would you make a Good Manager?: See above + both of us are very well familiar with the tiers + the playerbase

Manager: velvet (me)
Assistant Manager: hidin
Team Name: Mythical Manaphies
List of Accomplishments: Made it to top 16 this year for natdex ssnl and played a previous ndpl tour and performed well in it + a WCOP participant (hopefully OLT soon). Hidin is an all time natdex player with being on council currently and has participated in numerous events for natdex.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I’ve managed for NDPL in the past along with another tour, back then I definitely didn’t have enough team tour experience but rn after playing for various team tours both big and small I definitely feel ready for it. Recently got into natdex earlier this year during spring ssnl + got staff so I got to know the community and playerbase more as a host/player for natdex tours.

Manager: AtraX Madara
Assistant Manager (if applicable): entrocefalo
Team Name: Glaring Gengars
List of Accomplishments: I managed many tours like MWC, Teamballo I, II, MPL, Mono BLT, BSSWC, NDMPL, RBYWC, MOMPL, RCOP and I managed Europe in NDWC making finals. Me and Entrocefalo also did fairly well in individuals lately, with him being more into National Dex by doing well in NDWC, winning ND Ubers Open (also doing extremely well in regular Ubers), he qualified in NDLT and he recently made top 4 in a seasonal too; whereas as a manager he only managed in AGPL making semis. I also played NDPL and NDMPL last year, besides both of us having tons of experience in smogon PLS.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We are active managers that will surely do their best to win the tour, trying to keep the chat active and the motivation high during the whole tour, besides knowing almost all tiers very well and knowing the playerbase.

TDR

basics
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Manager: skimmythegod
Assistant Manager (if applicable): TDR
Team Name: Goldenrod Gholdengos
List of Accomplishments: skimmy has played a lot of ND, qualifying multiple times in NDLT and NDWC. Both of us have managed multiple tours in the past including ORASPL, multiple editions of HPL and TPP (current editions of both). I managed NDWC last year and skimmy has managed multiple WC before as well. Skimmy has qualified for Ubers circuit making semis and also has a 4-1 upl record along with making finals of multiple ORAS and other tours, also playing NDMPL . We also have a great record as a team this year, won BLT together and currently in the finals of Retro Cup of Pokemon and made semis of MWC.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We are confident enough to yield a competitive team and perform well with the experience we have given the motivation towards the tour.

ezra

i NEVER lie
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending National Dex Circuit Champion
Manager: vstra
Assistant Manager: Batzi
Team Name: Luvdisc is Rage 2
List of Accomplishments: Both of us have been playing National Dex ever since release as well as being very active in the community. Not only that, we have managed NDWC for team Asia + Oceania in the past and the team made it to the finals during the time of Batzi's management. We also have been involved in multiple team tournaments both on Smogon and Discord from managing and playing such as ADPL, NUPL and NDPL. I qualified for the 2022 ND circuit playoffs and made it to the finals of it and did well in the last edition of NDPL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Myself and Batzi will be highly active and supportive managers by helping improve our players by reviewing their games and suggesting advice. Furthermore, we both know the tiers from top to bottom and we are motivated to create a fun and winning team experience.

Batzi

“I’m Cosmo Kramer, the Assman!”
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: vstra
Assistant Manager: Batzi
Team Name: Luvdisc is Rage 2
List of Accomplishments: Both of us have been playing National Dex ever since release as well as being very active in the community. Not only that, we have managed NDWC for team Asia + Oceania in the past and the team made it to the finals during the time of Batzi's management. We also have been involved in multiple team tournaments both on Smogon and Discord from managing and playing such as ADPL, NUPL and NDPL. I qualified for the 2022 ND circuit playoffs and made it to the finals of it and did well in the last edition of NDPL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Myself and Batzi will be highly active and supportive managers by helping improve our players by reviewing their games and suggesting advice. Furthermore, we both know the tiers from top to bottom and we are motivated to create a fun and winning team experience.
confirming

kDCA

into the endless night
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Manager: kDCA
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Milo
Team Name: Wicked Weaviles
List of Accomplishments: Tyler, in addition to managing the latest NDWC, managed to the playoffs last NDPL, securing first seed easily with a dominant showing, and was one of the most profound community figure throughout his tenure. I have been a shadowmanager for teamtours before and won, made natdex circuit playoffs last year and have participated in both natdex teamtours the past year with positive records.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We are confident that we can recreate the dominance of last ndpl while having a good teamchat, as we know the pool, are able to support slots and help our players improve, and how to foster a good team environment.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Manager: kDCA
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Milo
Team Name: Wicked Weaviles
List of Accomplishments: Tyler, in addition to managing the latest NDWC, managed to the playoffs last NDPL, securing first seed easily with a dominant showing, and was one of the most profound community figure throughout his tenure. I have been a shadowmanager for teamtours before and won, made natdex circuit playoffs last year and have participated in both natdex teamtours the past year with positive records.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We are confident that we can recreate the dominance of last ndpl while having a good teamchat, as we know the pool, are able to support slots and help our players improve, and how to foster a good team environment.
7vtw8a~2.jpg

Manager: crying
Assistant Manager (if applicable): fade
Team Name: Sylveon vs. the Forces of Evil
List of Accomplishments: me & fade won ndpl and ndwcop back to back. i also won last year's circuit.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: won last time i managed with the best team environment ever and jon also had a partial role in shadow managing our team in ndpl and ndwcop which guided us to victory. we also have managed various other tours with great results and fade is probably the most talented person in managing as he's never done worse than finals in every tour he's managed.

fade

pistol pete
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
MPL Champion
Manager: crying
Assistant Manager (if applicable): fade
Team Name: Sylveon vs. the Forces of Evil
List of Accomplishments: me & fade won ndpl and ndwcop back to back. i also won last year's circuit.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: won last time i managed with the best team environment ever and jon also had a partial role in shadow managing our team in ndpl and ndwcop which guided us to victory. we also have managed various other tours with great results and fade is probably the most talented person in managing as he's never done worse than finals in every tour he's managed.
That's Affirmative

yonmd

Formerly Yes or no my dude
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Ryuji
Assistant Manager (if applicable): ChrisPBacon
Team Name: Galarian Pheonix
List of Accomplishments: Ryuji is an alltime goat at natdex that basically made it far into every single individual, made world cup playoffs twice and won ndpl while being a solid former contributor, meanwhile i made nd circuit qualifications twice, have a positive record in nd team tours, currently a part of nd council and vr council, and made playoffs for smogon tour and olt
Why would you make a Good Manager?: See above + both of us are very well familiar with the tiers + the playerbase
1692281003978.png

Last edited:

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Manager: Kate
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Fragments
Team Name: Vice City Victinis
List of Accomplishments: I've managed and won RBTT4, I've also managed RBTT 3 and 5, UMPL, 2V2PL, BLT, CAPPL, and 1V1PL. Only ever missed playoffs once in all the tours I've managed. Kate managed NDPL last year and made finals, she's also won ND circuit and NDWC.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Between myself and Kate we have the community and meta knowledge, prep support, and drafting expertise to put together a dominant team that can not only perform well in season, but also have a fun and lively team chat.

Oculars

REVERSE SHAMONE
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Oculars
Assistant Manager (if applicable): 2020 idm boomer
Team Name: New Bark City Bowsers
List of Accomplishments: me and boomer are insane offence builders + blunder says our teams are fire. Havent played many tours this gen myself waiting for tera to be banned but Ive built/helped build loads of teams for people placing high in individual tours and circuit.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Been playing natdex since the day it was created I main NDOU tier hard af and know the entire playerbase, this will be my first time managing but ay all dynasties gotta start somewhere. I know a load of really good picks for slots that I feel will be super undervalued allowing us to create a super team on the cheap, boomer will have team cord poppin off easily most lit chat. I prep matchups to an insane level building like 7-8 teams min for every tour match and will put the same energy into all my teams matches.

boomerandoculars.JPG

Boomenheimer

formerly 2020 idm boomer
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Oculars
Assistant Manager (if applicable): 2020 idm boomer
Team Name: New Bark City Bowsers
List of Accomplishments: me and boomer are insane offence builders + blunder says our teams are fire. Havent played many tours this gen myself waiting for tera to be banned but Ive built/helped build loads of teams for people placing high in individual tours and circuit.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Been playing natdex since the day it was created I main NDOU tier hard af and know the entire playerbase, this will be my first time managing but ay all dynasties gotta start somewhere. I know a load of really good picks for slots that I feel will be super undervalued allowing us to create a super team on the cheap, boomer will have team cord poppin off easily most lit chat. I prep matchups to an insane level building like 7-8 teams min for every tour match and will put the same energy into all my teams matches.

View attachment 544333
Uncorfirming, georgebowserjr will not allow me to co-manage a team named after him and therefore I nominate him to take my spot as co-manager. I wish the New Bark City Bowsers all the best in their run to the top. As I am on a permanent semi leave of absence (perm-semi-LoA), if I do sign up to play please do not buy me for more than 3k as all I have to offer is inconsistent teamcord larping, innovative metal sound zapdos technology and a super-sub under dire circumstances. Also shout out Sulo somebody please get him out of Africa

Uncorfirming, georgebowserjr will not allow me to co-manage a team named after him and therefore I nominate him to take my spot as co-manager. I wish the New Bark City Bowsers all the best in their run to the top. As I am on a permanent semi leave of absence (perm-semi-LoA), if I do sign up to play please do not buy me for more than 3k as all I have to offer is inconsistent teamcord larping, innovative metal sound zapdos technology and a super-sub under dire circumstances. Also shout out Sulo somebody please get him out of Africa
hey u can manage i never said you couldnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)