National Dex NDOU | The Scorching Star

This is a semi-Mega-Charizard-Y-sun team that combines the destructive firepower of Charizard-Mega-Y and sun-boosted V-creates from Victini. This is a half-sun team, meaning I don't plan on making the whole team synergize around sun.

:ss/Charizard-Mega-Y:
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Scorching Sands
- Roost

The sun-setter and SpATK breaker of the team. Fire Blast is the most powerful STAB move in Charizard's arsenal. I prefer it over Weather Ball and Flamethrower due to it's higher power. Solar Beam gives Charizard-Mega-Y great coverage, nailing Water types and Ground types powerfully. Due to the sun, it also doesn't need to charge. Scorching Sands gives additional coverage and has a nifty chance to burn as well. This move helps to deal with Poison types like Toxapex. Finally, Roost gives Charizard-Mega-Y longevity, taking advantage of the switches it forces and making it harder for Charizard-Mega-Y to be KOed. Max SpATK and Speed with a Timid Nature lets it outspeed things such as Gliscor and non-Scarf Landorus-Therian.

:ss/Victini:
Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Bolt Strike

The powerful wincon of the team. V-create with STAB and Sun-boost deals absolutely nuclear damage, amplified even further by Choice Band. U-turn can be used to preserve momentum, while keeping prediction failures low. Brick Break hits Tyranitar supereffectively, which would otherwise completely wall Victini. Bolt Strike is powerful, and gives invaluable coverage against Waters. Max ATK and Speed with a Jolly nature makes it even harder to outspeed thanks to its great 100 Speed. Thanks to Sun nerfing Water moves and Victini's naturally decent bulk, it can live hits decently.

:ss/Rotom-Wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Pain Split

The physical wall and saving grace against Rain teams. Will-O-Wisp absolutely ruins physical Pokemon, more specifically Swampert, allowing Charizard-Mega-Y to come in easier. Rotom-Wash's slow Volt Switch allows it to bring Charizard and Victini in safely, and deals decent damage too. Hidden Power Grass 2HKOs Swampert, making it easy to deal with it. Pain Split give Rotom-Wash invaluable recovery while also lowering the enemy's HP. Leftovers gives it even more longevity. 252HP Evs and 200 in Def give it great bulk, while the 56 in SpA makes it able to 2HKO Swampert.

:ss/Ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

My Special Wall and hazard setter, along with fellow rain defender. The standard Hazard Setter set, Spikes provides the team with chip, letting Charizard and Victini break through the enemies easier. Knock Off removes items, which is useful for supporting the team further. Leech Seed gives Ferrothorn recovery, and helps Charizard heal off of the damage. Power Whip is STAB, and has decent damage, even without investment. The EVs given maximize bulk overall. Leftovers gives Ferrothorn passive recovery, letting it check things longer.

:ss/Donphan:
Donphan @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

My Rapid Spinner, Electric Absorber and Physical Wall. Donphan might seem like an odd choice here, but it actually synergizes quite well with the team. Rapid Spin removes hazards, particularly Stealth Rock, which heavily dent both Fire types. Earthquake is STAB, and has decent power. Ice Shard gives priority, and hits Landorus-Therian and Gliscor, the biggest threats to the team. Knock Off is a good support option overall, and helps the team out quite a bit. Heavy-Duty Boots stops Donphan from being worn down. Sturdy can come in clutch with removing hazards and taking care of boosted foes. The EVs maximize Defensive bulk.

:ss/Tapu Lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

The Scarfer and All-Rounder of the team. Psychic is STAB and is boosted by the terrain. Moonblast is also STAB, and takes care of Fighting and Dragon types. Hidden Power Fire nails Steel-types, and gives Tapu Lele a chance against things that would normally wall it. Focus Blast hits Tyranitar quad-effectively, destroying it. The EVs give are to maximize damage. Choice Scarf and Tapu Lele's wide coverage lets it clean up and help damage the opposing team well, rounding out the offensive core for the team.

Things this team struggles with:
Rain Teams(particularly :Swampert: :Greninja: :Toxapex: )
As this team is still a Sun team, I often struggle with Rain teams. Rotom-Wash and Ferrothorn help out a lot, but it still requires a lot of planning to beat. I can very easily lose with one misplay, so Rain teams are a big oof for this team. Mega-Swampert in particular is incredibly scary, with its powerful moves and blazing speed in rain often forcing damage onto Rotom-Wash. Greninja has great coverage, making it harder to check it. Toxapex isn't really a staple on rain, but it's a huge problem with it's Poison/Water typing.

Hard Stealth Rock
This sounds odd, but what it means is teams that can constantly set up Stealth Rock. Donphan is good, but it can get worn down quickly, and it's low Special bulk hinders it quite a bit. With Stealth Rock still up, my team essentially becomes useless, with Charizard-Mega-Y easily taken care of or taken advantage of, as I have to Roost to come in later. Victini isn't hurt as bad, but it still isn't good long term.

That's it for my RMT, feel free to post improvements!

1. :rotom:
Swap HP grass for defog. You rly need it for Charizard support. Hp grass isn’t too big a deal since you wisp mswampert and reg swampert has 0% usage.
2. :landorus: (Therian) instead of :donphan:
Landorus Rocky helmet
Intimidate
248 hp/184def/8atk
+Defence nature
Stealth Rocks
U turn
Earthquake
Knock off/defog/idk funni Landorus move

Yeah donphan gets outclassed, especially with rotom removing hazards. I recommend running defog because of double fires.

Oh yeah and I prefer timid lele

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)