Tournament NDOTSL I Set & Team Dump

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader

Art from sealoo
NDOTSL I Set & Team Dump is here to serve as an opportunity to post whatever anyone has used or considered to use so far! It's pretty self explanatory, post teams you used or built in NDOTSL I hear!

Rules
  • This is for teams used in, or heavily considered for use, in NDOTSL I ONLY.
  • Teams from any of the metagames featured in NDOTSL I can be posted.
  • A Pokepaste would be preferred in terms of formatting. Sprites would also be a helpful addition.
  • Descriptions/stories about the teams are allowed (encouraged, even) but consider using a spoiler tag if they end up being very long.
And that's it! Happy posting

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
Week 1 vs Nashrock
:dragapult::yveltal::arceus-ghost::groudon-primal::zacian-crowned::eternatus:
This team was one I stole at the start of the week due to time constraints, though I can’t find the original team link so this’ll just have to make do. Team is quite literally just set hazards, blow stuff up, sacrifice stuff, blow up more stuff. In some matchups this isn’t exactly how it can immediately go, and this was the case with Nashrock. I don’t want to dwell on this team too much since it’s not mine.

Week 2 vs Codename C.A.T, Week 4 vs anaconja
:miraidon::steelix-mega::chansey::xerneas::zygarde-complete::arceus-water:
This was my first proper team that I built, centered around Hadron Miraidon and Ice Scales Mega Steelix as an improof. Chansey was there to scout while Xerneas gave the team a status switch-in, Rapid Spin, and an endgame sweeper. Zygarde and Waterceus rounded out the defensive core. Chansey and Steelix improof Miraidon, Xerneas is improofed by Chansey and itself, Zygarde allows Miraidon and Xerneas to come in on Imposter, and Waterceus answers Zacian and friends. This is a much more offensive balance due to Mega Steelix’s overall bulk being less than other standard walls and its generally passive activity, but nonetheless works well into everything not named MGLO Diancie. This was also what I ended up bringing in week 4 versus anaconja since we just decided to RFN on Thursday.

Week 3 vs TTTech
:zacian-crowned::swampert-mega::ho-oh::chansey::dialga-origin::arceus-fairy:
TTTech was probably the person I was most scared about overall due to Poison Heal Regigigas being so strong, so I attempted to punish this with Orichalcum Pulse Zacian. Mega Swampert improofs with Bolt Strike while proving utility with Spikes. Desolate Land Ho-Oh improofs Mega Swampert with Desolate Land and Mortal Spin, and Glacial Lance lures and OHKOes Zygarde which ends up happening in the game too. Chansey is Chansey, RegenVest Dialga provides me with a good Steel-type, and Ice Scales Fairyceus is the endgame sweeper of the team with Covert Cloak to punish Imposter.

Week 5 vs Hiusi Guy
:diancie-mega::zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::gyarados-mega::ho-oh::zacian-crowned:
This was the team I helped BoingK build, but I also didn’t get time to build for Hiusi Guy so brought it. The team revolves around Mega Diancie and Mega Gengar with Nuzzle support from Mega Gyarados for extra support and a Mega Gengar improof. Prankster Zygarde is the anti-setup Pokemon of the team, with Ho-Oh answering non-Diamond Storm Xerneas. Which got blasted by Diamond Storm Xerneas, yay…. Zacian is the final Pokemon of the team, trapping Imposter on the switch and PP stalling most Pokemon to attempt to set up and sweep. Zacian also surprisingly improofs Ho-Oh, so definitely take note of that.

Finals vs Nashrock
:slaking::groudon-primal::arceus-water::zygarde-complete::zacian-crowned::mewtwo-mega-y:
Finals Deadgame, so enjoy this replay instead versus LordBox

1700496491956.png

Will start off by making it clear that Ginkal is Slaking and MMY is Mega Mewtwo Y. Groudon and Zygarde both improof, with the former improofing for when Ginkal isn’t boosted a ton and the latter for when it is. Waterceus helps answer most special attackers with Ice Scales + Spectral Thief + Ability Shield, though Lumina Crash and Mortal Spin are potential issues, and is improofed by Groudon. Zacian improofs Groudon, while Groudon improofs Zacian (there’s a theme here, don’t throw away Groudon with Imposter alive lol). MMY is improofed by Zacian, though it needs its Covert Cloak to safely do so and so Waterceus may sometimes also be necessary. The only hazard control being from Groudon can make this a little tough, but the raw power of Groudon, Ginkal, MMY, and the combination of pivot moves and hazards more than make up for it.

Quick Shoutouts
All of Ginkals for doing so well, especially Runo for asking me to co-manage and Aera for going crazy + their interest in GG
zastra and Yoru97 for being cool
BoingK for building with me + generally seeming interested in GG and BH.

Last edited:
Since Atha presumably is not going to do a team dump post, I will do it.
:blissey: :tapu koko: :zapdos-galar: :barraskewda: :gliscor: :tapu fini:
:gholdengo: :tapu koko: :medicham-mega: :spidops: :victini: :ceruledge:
:barraskewda: :corviknight: :great tusk: :manaphy: :tapu lele: :toxapex:
:swampert: :great tusk: :corviknight: :zapdos: :ferrothorn: :azelf:
:heatran: :manaphy: :tapu lele: :gliscor: :blissey: :barraskewda:
The 3 first teams are made by Atha with some input from me and the last 2 teams are made by me with some input from Atha. I won't comment much about these teams as I'm lazy but I will say that I'm not sure the last 2 teams are good or not because I don't give much thought into building them (mostly because I hate looking at the threat list). About the tour, I'm glad that I got a chance to play even when my managers drafted an expensive players like Atha. I think I did alright and redeemed myself after the NDAAA tour (If you don't remember I played in that tour, great). My team didn't perform super well, however, and we didn't make play-off but it's no big deal, I know my teammates try their best. I don't know if I really like NDAAA or not so there's no guarantee I will join next year. (If SpaceSpeakers join, I will join) (I'm also kind of piss that I didn't get a chance to be in the same team with him even though he had told Slaking's managers to draft me, weird)
Alright, good luck to all the teams that make play-off!

SpaceSpeakers

eeny mine moe
is a Tiering Contributor
Just want to drop some stupid teams in NDOTSL
:Mew: :Landorus therian: :Dhelmise: :Gholdengo: :Volcarona: :Charizard Mega X:
:Corviknight: :Iron Moth: :Zapdos galar: :Gholdengo: :Swampert: :Meloetta:
:Electrode Hisui: :Corviknight: :Zapdos galar: :walking wake: :kommo-o: :meloetta:
:Corviknight: :Gholdengo: :Manaphy: :Garchomp: :Electrode Hisui: :Terrakion:
Those were the teams that i built in this tour with my gang's support
Sry for going 1-2 in this tour since the pool was tough and i never touched NDAAA before (ignore the NDAAA KickOff)
Huge thanks to zastra and Velcroc for drafting me ( i gave u all money for this tho)
Even though this season did not go as we expected but at least i REALLY had fun ( trust, this is the funniest team i have ever teamed up with ). I'm pretty sure we spent more time on trashtalking than building stuff lmao
Esp TTTech noob and zastra idiot
s/o other teammates for carrying me and RoFnA TTTech for your contribution in meme-n-shitposts channel
~I'm not gonna do the whole shoutout because Zastra already did , here ~
We will come back next year !!!

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
bulky semistall

looks familiar cause it is. this is a slightly edited bulky semistall from my sample sub, with defensive ph xern over qd ph fairyceus and scales groundceus over scales dialga to adjust to meta shifts like ground/fighting move mmy. it also provides secondary hazard control because kinzo pointed out monospin on gyara is pretty inconsistent. this worked about as well as i hoped

triage balance

only now ive realized that its the same defensive core as the above but yeah. this time we faced nashrock supported by chessking so i figured something chessking hates and something fairly hard to account for in general teambuilding is triage. other than that not much to say here its pretty standard

this dog is fucked up bruh

pressure zacc jumpscare. this is a team ive used a lot, including for the tera part 2 suspect. pressure zacc is genuinely menacing because of how much relentless in forcing you to either start burning thief pp, be super passive with haze, or get poisoned on random mons because you clicked vcreate or something. xern can spam pshot while lunar dancing for zacc when it burns too much pp while lugia checks all the annoying ass salt cure dudes while doing it itself.

toxic debris

another ladder team i enjoyed using on the ladder. toxic debris ghostceus is pretty crazy in how it sets tspikes really easily due to inviting weak thiefs and stuff, teleport allows mmx to come in and force psn on things. unfortunately clas decided to gambit the ph xern check so that sucks. maybe i shouldve gone ghostceus that turn

what the dog doin

pressure zacc 2. i figured it would do numbers against a stally tttech team. wandering spirit celesteela is ridiculous but its supposed to beat ph and regen mons. coincidentally it was extremely useful against tttech's own swampertmega. i played badly against the celesteela and had to rely on imposter speed tie but otherwise i think it was a good matchup team

ggarm

went through many many team ideas against chessking when he jumpscared me subbing in but knew i wanted some ggarm thing in there bc he kept using diao as the spd wall (+6 secret sword does like 77-90 so it dies after like 1 spike). mmy does the same thing basically. 15 minutes before i played i realized how i used 3 groundceuses/tinglu as my spd wall so i made an impulse decision to change to scales fairyceus instead and that worked wonders lol

but yeah thanks to Kinzo Ketchum and Giyu for drafting me, wished i was more active in the server in other areas as i was kinda interested in ndaaa and ndstab but was too busy unfortunately

rarre

Sometimes I think maybe its too late
is a Tiering Contributor
Week 1 vs Roldski:
:tyrunt::spritzee::grimer-alola::trapinch::ferroseed::timburr:
I remember back in ss looking at every team and seeing how it could easily be torn apart by tyrunt. That and terastalization letting it bypass checks means that I felt tyrunt was a prime choice for showing the potential brokenness of Tera. Fitted out the rest of the team with spritzee and ferroseed as a solid defensive core, grimer-a to pursuit the potentially extremely dangerous gastly and abra, trapinch as a good trapping option. Timburr as a fighter/pawn check and removal with Defog.

Immediately team preview goes up and the tyrunt is a huge bring into an almost definitely scarf Vulpix team. Tyrunt puts in work early, getting chip on voltorb and picking off mienfoo. Game then trades down a lot but I kinda garble a bit, which puts me into a scary endgame with tyrunt living on just 10% to take out Vulpix.

Week 2 vs Charis
:carvanha::mienfoo::ponyta::voltorb-hisui::snubbull::diglett:
Tera psychic carv is pretty swag. Bulky synergizes quite well with carv, taking on the various grass types while also being able to stave off many physical attackers with burn. Mienfoo voltorb and carv form a very nice voltturn offensive core, which can be abused by diglett trapping chipped targets. Snubbull acts as a fight check and knock absorber.

Game was not amazing from the start. Team lacked a way outside of pony to really threaten foongus, and I didn’t want to risk ping to a sleep or a sludge bomb poison. Onix getting up early rocks meant I really was on the back foot. Unfortunately, I suffered some pretty bad hax in the latter half of the game and my gameplan fell apart to a pretty embarrassing 6-0. We are not freeing porygon.

Week 3 vs Teamo
:gastly::ponyta::mienfoo::diglett::vullaby::spritzee:
This team was actually a scrapped draft to be played vs roldski in week 1, but Teamo kept harassing me for an hour to rfn until I finally got tired and gave in. Scarf gastly + grassium z pony is neat, with pony being able to punch a hole in the opposing teams defenses and let gastly clean up later. Rest of the team is pretty standard, I knew I wanted a mienfoo for pawn but everything else is pretty basic.

I don’t actually know why the phiones chose to play teamo this or why he chose to rfn me when he didn’t even have a team (he pulled up with my w2 team with a scarf mienfoo). The game really went to show that my week 2 team was insanely weak to sludge bomb in general. Teamo also made some questionable plays and in the end the game was relatively uneventful

Week 4 vs Flou:
:pawniard::voltorb-hisui::mienfoo::mareanie::grookey::trapinch:
Yeah I’m not really sure what this one was. It might be somewhat grasspam but not really, has an eject button mare and a flynium mienfoo. Grookey can be strong but faces a lot of problems that this team tries to account for, with flynium foo luring foongus, trapinch to remove some voltorbs, pawn to remove gastly, and voltorb for vull (kind of). The team also just kinda works (I know, very specific).

Game was kinda weird if nothing else. Mienfoo lead was awkward but ended in a trade, and I just kinda clicked giga drain multiple times to beat the Mudbray. Eventually we just traded down to an endgame and I got the read right and was able to take the win

Week 5 vs Lialiabeast:
:growlithe-hisui::mienfoo::foongus::chinchou::abra::diglett:
It doesn’t seem that hisuian growlithe should be legal in ndlc when it’s banned in sv lc, and I haven’t used it up to this point. I decided to build it with a chinchou bc I was originally playing vs melody. Mienfoo is a great pivot and creates voltturn with chinchou, foongus checks voltorb, and abra checks runaway ho. Diglett last broken

Similar to week 2, I immediately see team preview and realize I’m screwed into carv. Thankfully, though the carv was accidentally set as rough skin, and carv went from terrifying to no threat at all. We both Tera turns 16-17, and I come out on top with a Tera fly diglett. Next 20 or so turns mostly involves foongus wars and attempts from each side to get an upper hand in position, but eventually abra gets in and I trade down to finish up the game.

Semi finals vs Charis
:gastly::abra::mienfoo::foongus::trapinch::pawniard:
Gasbra has been a strong choice in lc for multiple generations, and I brought it this game. Gastly and abra themselves are relatively standard Lo and sash sets, with np teched on gastly to abuse any potential diglett ho lead on any potential veils team charis often loads. Mienfoo good, and taunt is another anti ho tech. Foongus serves as a grounded poison and voltorb-h check, and trapinch can remove voltorb, steels, and is yet another ho check with a strong first impression. Pawniard last acts as both a steel and a rocker as well as being able to directly pressure opposing Gastly and abra.

He did load veils. Gastly’s np immediately puts me ahead, effectively removing diglett and bringing spritzee very low. Tera ghost np vull is scary for a moment, but abra revenges it after not getting flinched. Foongus always lives a non-Tera surf from clamperl, and as such I easily clean up the game

Final thoughts:
I brought a trapper every game (not good)
All the non-lcer ndot players don’t actually know anything about ndlc >:(
:sv/mienfoo:

Hi with the end NDOTSL I wanted to share the teams I used throughout. First of all huge shout-out to Clas for overlooking and helping with the teambuilding process. Basically whenever I say “I” or “We” in this post, just assume Clas has had a hand in it.
(B) = Banned, a team that’s illegal now for one reason or another.

Teams used in NDOTSL

:Rotom-Wash: :Lopunny-Mega: :Clefable: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Kyurem: :Clodsire:
Clas and I made few teams before settling on this one, including another Mlop + NDM team that lost to Kyogre and an Eternatus + Zard Y team that lost to HO (shown down below later). Lopunny and Necrozma complement each other nicely with Necrozma taking on Psychic- and Fairy-types and Lopunny being so strong against offense. The rest was mostly there to plug defensive holes. Clodsire was reluctantly added last minute as we needed a mon to check all three of Volc, Koko and Eternatus. Rotom has some defense EVs for Zacian (though not enough, as a +3 Play Rough can still OHKO), Necrozma is Jolly to outspeed Weavile at neutral and Kyurem has the speed to outspeed Timid Nidoking. If I were to remake it I’d put 144 defense EVs on Rotom-Wash to guaranteed live a +3 Play Rough from Zacian and put Boots on Clodsire to not get worn down by hazards. It is pretty weak in the current meta as it gets 6-0d by Primal Groudon.

:Scizor-Mega: :Persian-Alola: :Landorus-Therian: :Tapu Koko: :Alomomola: :Kyurem-Black:
Honestly I just wanted to bring Lopunny again with Kyurem-Black this time but Clas recommended Alolan-Persian. It deals genuinely preposterous damage with Beat Up (which is almost 170 base power on this team before STAB when factoring in Technician). Scizor complements it nicely with its ability to take on the few Fairy types that can actually switch in on Persian and getting it in safely with U-Turn. Koko is there just as another strong and fast attacker and pivot and the last few help to cover the weaknesses to stuff like Ursaluna and Mega Camerupt. Scizor has a bit of attack investment because I felt it was too passive otherwise, Landorus has the Spdef to avoid a 2HKO from 150 special attack Tapu Koko’s Dazzling Gleam and Alomomola has EVs to maximize its bulk all around. Personally not my favorite team as I don’t enjoy having a single lynchpin the team revolves around.

:Rotom-Wash: :Hydreigon: :Clefable: :Zacian-Crowned: :Scizor-Mega: :Ursaluna:
I think we made a few other teams again, but kept running into the problem of losing to Zacian + Ursaluna, so why not abuse it ourselves? Ursaluna is basically unwallable and with 138 speed you outspeed basically the entire meta barring HO teams with Deoxys and Pheromosa. Scizor and Rotom-Wash are here again as a voltturn core that allows Ursaluna to hit the field safely and notably Scizor is able to take on those HO teams that Ursaluna struggles against. Clefable is bulky support that helps against the large fighting weakness the team has and Scarf Hydreigon provides valuable speed control with some nice resistances. Rotom-Wash has EVs to live a +3 Play Rough from opposing Zacian and Scizor has 16 attack with an Adamant nature just to hit a little harder against HO teams. It is probably for the best Ursaluna is a god now.

:Tapu Fini: :Zygarde: :Volcarona: :Zacian-Crowned: :Clodsire: :Charizard-Mega-Y:
The week that hell broke loose. With Koraidon and Miraidon being unbanned I really wanted to use them myself. However, I couldn’t find good team support for Koraidon and Walking Wake and the Miraidon team I didn’t like for reasons you can find down below. In the end I went with Zacian, mostly because of its strong matchup against both Koraidon and Miraidon. Tapu Fini was added as it’s the best defensive answer to Koraidon. I also added Clodsire because it’s a Miraidon answer (kind of, maybe, if you squint) and gave it Water Absorb primarily to help it not get destroyed by repeated specs Draco Meteors (I mean they can still 2 hit KO because Miraidon is balanced but at that point I thought either Zacian or Volc could set up). It also has the added benefit of stopping Kyogre which could maybe be useful. I added Volcarona as a Zacian check and strong setup sweeper. Zygarde is one of the few physical sweepers that actually appreciates Zacian’s middling 120 attack stat. It also has access to Extreme Speed which could come in handy to pick off weakened threats. It also gives me another Ground type to dissuade Miraidon from spamming Electro Drift. Finally Mega Charizard Y is a fast and very deadly offensive threat, it also has the bonus of being immune to Ground which I’m otherwise pretty weak to. Zygarde is able to outspeed Timid Nidoking and Zacian at +1 and Volcarona can outspeed Dragapult at +1 (though I think maybe giving it 216 speed EVs to outspeed Zacian at +1 would’ve been better).

:Tapu Fini: :Chien-Pao: :Volcarona: :Corviknight: :Ting-Lu: :Groudon-Primal:
Honestly building this week was very difficult, though it wasn’t high pressure as we had already qualified for playoffs. Miraidon had an utter stranglehold over teambuilding and I didn’t want to bring the same team twice in a row. I was initially drawn towards Arceus or Xerneas due to being able to fit Mega Altaria in the HP slot (which is arguably the only actual Miraidon check). However I had difficulties with stacking weaknesses and checking Chien-Pao and Zacian. In the end I chose going for a Rock Polish Primal Groudon and Chien-Pao. Tapu Fini provides an important check to Koraidon and opposing Chien-Pao and is able to support the team with knock off and defog. Chien-Pao is a very potent revenge killer and wallbreaker with effectively 216 base Attack when factoring in Sword of Ruin. Volcarona is an incredibly threatening setup sweeper in this meta, while also being a strong Zacian check. Corviknight is mostly here to stave off fairy types like Tapu Lele while also being able to go toe to toe with boosting threats like Scizor. Ting-Lu is another Miraidon “answer” that can at least take a specs Draco Meteor. Pdon is a decent sweeper able to also function as a decent physical tank. The team lacks Stealth Rock which isn’t perfect but it works decently enough I suppose. The speed on Volc and Groudon allow them to outspeed Pheromosa at +1 and +2 respectively. In hindsight Heat Crash was probably a better choice over Fire Blast to just have a fully accurate move.

:Rotom-Wash: :Chien-Pao: :Annihilape: :Tapu Koko: :Groudon-Primal: :Scizor-Mega:
As we got first place in the pool we didn’t have to play during the semi-finals. At first I wanted to bring Xerneas but given Maybca likes to bring Clodsire or Skeledirge it felt like it could become dead weight. I chose to go with Annihilape due to its incredible bulk and ability to break past unaware mons with boosted Rage Fist. Groudon seemed like a natural partner as it’s an incredible mon in its own right and boosts Annihilape’s middling defense to staggering levels. Scizor is a solid partner, able to stave off the psychic and fairy types that threaten Annihilape while also being strong against offensive threats where Annihilape struggles more. Rotom-Wash is the main answer to opposing Primal Groudon and other than that Chien-Pao and Tapu Koko make for a strong offensive duo. The anti-synergy between Rest Annihilape and Tapu Koko kind of sucks but it seemed possible enough to play around it. The speed on Groudon allows it to outspeed Scarf Landorus-T at +2 and the speed on Annihilape was mostly to speed creep opposing Annihilape, Primal Groudon and Kyogre. I was thinking of making Annihilape Impish with 16 EVs to really shut down physical attackers but the team was weaker to special attackers overall.

Teams that didn’t make the cut

:Rotom-Wash: :Eternatus: :Landorus-Therian: :Gholdengo: :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: :Charizard-Mega-Y:
This was one of the teams made for week 1. Eventually I decided against using it because the weakness to HO was too much. Also having Gholdengo as the special attack receiver on an Eternatus team felt really weird. I have no idea what these EVs were even for, aside from Charizard living a specs Lele Psychic from full HP (another mon I was terrified of with this team).

:Rotom-Wash: :Lopunny-Mega: :Rayquaza: :Tapu Koko: :Landorus-Therian: :Gholdengo:
One of the other teams made for week 3. I was desperately trying to not lose to Ursaluna, but if you can’t beat them, join them. Honestly I don’t think the team is that good, but I can’t put my finger on it exactly.

:Tapu Fini: :Miraidon: :Volcarona: :Dragapult: :Iron Treads: :Landorus-Therian:
The first team we made for week 4. Dragonium Z Miraidon just had no defensive answers in this tier, which is absurd for a mon with 135 base speed (man am I glad it’s banned now). I ultimately decided against it because even with all these hoops I went through it still felt weak to opposing Miraidon. Zacian could also give it trouble with proper prediction. AV Iron Treads and Scarf Landorus-T were my Miraidon “answers”, Tapu Fini is my Koraidon check, Volc is here to tank and set up on Zacian and Pult is here to click buttons. I EVed Volcarona to outspeed Dragapult at +1 and the rest is pretty self-explanatory.

:Scizor-Mega: :Chien-Pao: :Landorus-Therian: :Tapu Koko: :Alomomola: :Xerneas:
The first team we made for finals, but ultimately dropped it because Xerneas felt like a pretty risky choice into Maybca. I really like HP Mega Scizor as a bulky wincon and strong anti-HO option. Chien-Pao and Tapu Koko are a strong offensive duo and Xerneas functions as a strong late-game sweeper. Landorus-T and Alomomola were added as a decent defensive core.

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
fun tour all, gg ginkals. i was in NFE for the full tour so ill provide some insight to my team choices, really happy with the performance i put out all things considered. huge thanks to seth, velcroc, zas, and slowpoke fan for your assistance at points throughout the season

Week 1 vs Bella (DIDN'T PLAY)
:ivysaur: :vulpix: :prinplup: :gurdurr: :piloswine: :combusken:
So, I was slated to play this week, unfortunately I got 2 vaccines the night before and I was on death's doorstop all of Friday when my game was supposed to be. I made this team which Slowpoke Fan liked, and we decided to run with it. This was a very standard Ivysaur + Vulpix Sun core, being backed by Gurdurr who is nearly essential on Sun builds. I thought Prinplup was a very good mon, being able to check Piloswine and SS Wartortle while providing solid pivoting, but I discovered this mon is ass. Combusken and Piloswine rounded out the team, the former being a neat wincon but also quite frail making it obnoxious to set up. I don't think this team was bad per say, but definitely not too good all things considered. Had I played, I likely would've loaded this 6 (:electabuzz: :raboot: :servine: :Tinkatuff: :Marshtomp: :qwilfish-hisui: ) which is a very simple offense, with a slightly unorthodox pick in Marshtomp due to its solid traits vs. Electabuzz, Raboot, Piloswine, and H-Qwilfish. Overall, we lost the week 1-4 and I was very disappointed in myself for not being able to play.

Week 2 vs Cao Jie (WIN)
:golbat: :tangela: :Crocalor: :rhydon: :marshtomp: :electabuzz:
While I sat sickly on my deathbed, I couldn't help but notice that bringing builds with good outs versus 1. Servine 2. Piloswine 3. Electabuzz shuts down most teams that people used week 1. I built this fatter team that I wouldn't label unorthodox, but looks a little weird certainly. Electabuzz is the best mon in the tier I believe, you have very easy ways around your checks and make endgames so much easier on yourself with it's incredible speed and pivoting prowess, with teammates threatening down common grass-types very easily throughout the game. I was expecting a standard MU and kinda it, playing vs a Pannu team I played vs during NDOM Trios. During the game I got a bit lucky with a Hydro miss on my Electabuzz, but also missed a Megahorn on Servine early-game with Rhydon, so that balances out. Fun week and it gave me some much needed confidence after not playing week 1, as we won 4-2.

Week 3 vs Pannu (LOSS)
:raboot: :electabuzz: :prinplup: :golbat: :tangela: :piloswine:
Yeah...this week was not it for me. I had no team prepped until about 20 min prior since I found out I was eating dinner around scheduled time. Threw together this SLOPBURGER featuring Prinplup and lost very badly. Raboot + Electabuzz is a simple offensive core and I backed it with a fatter defensive backbone, was too weak to hstack and Tangela was a bit too passive despite checking Rhydon, it still let rocks go up and i couldnt remove them. This game made me start respecting Rhydon a lot more which was the positive takeaway. Very unhappy with how I played as a whole, was in the team chat hopin they air it out after this...well played to pannu but ur still fat + a troll + a clown + a noob + round + below average kekker etc...god bless my team for carrying my sorry ass

Week 4 vs Zastra (WIN)
:magmar: :electabuzz: :toedscool: :ferroseed: :frogadier: :gurdurr:
ended up vs zastra, i was expecting to get kinda cteamed for my 2 ebuzz so far with a marshtomp or smth, so i went hp grass. Magmar is really, really good, this tier doesnt handle fire types as a whole in response to the amount of grass-types forced by ebuzz/rhydon so it + ebuzz forms a very good offensive core. pannu bringing ferroseed made me realize how good that thing is, so i slapped it on some offense with frog/gurd to round it off. mental herb frog with tspikes can 6-0 ho, specifically screens which zas said hes gonna bring so better safe than sorry!! go evio or smth if ur gonna use this, or no item with thief or w/e item steal move frog gets (Switcheroo maybe?) Toedscool was for ebuzz and haz control, mon is dicks but it filled the role i needed so w/e. Game was pretty easy, mag + buzz 6-0d cause no ground and i conviently had wisp for the Fraxure which zas was NOT happy about lololol #EZDubs #CliqueTalk we won this week 4-2 and things were looking up

Week 5 vs db (WIN)
:wartortle: :corsola-galar: :piloswine: :roselia: :krokorok: :electabuzz:
Played my friend derp this week, first week i rly scouted anything and i felt i could win with smash tort v easily. Built this bo with Corsola-G as a very solid check by Rhydon/Piloswine asw as like...any other physical attacker LOL. Krokorok is kinda interesting as speed control, cool pick but didnt do shit this game lololol. Derp flopped vs smash tort and got 6-0d, we lost this week like 2-4 shit was brutal but we just need one win for poffs anyways. was 3-1 atp and felt very confident in my abilities going into this

Semifinals vs Cao Jie (WIN)
:wartortle: :frogadier: :clefairy: :magmar: :ferroseed: :piloswine:
Easily created the most concepts this week, I figured atp I should just play my own game and it would probs work out fine so I didnt bother with much of a scout. Thank you to velc for all the games this week, always appreciated my friend. Zas called Ferroseed unviable is all I remember, nice one dude. Team was meh, i really hated the Rhydon mu with this squad man and it showed, Ferroseed/Clef/Frog bailed my ass out of this mu, tort was an absolutely terrible call on my end, especially SpD. If Cao Jie doubled into Rhydon and played aggressively a few more times I was fucked. The early-game was pretty tragic for me but I got bailed late-game by the Focus Blast miss, so im sorry about that. Clique advances to finals!

Finals vs Yokoisop (WIN)
:roselia: :Pawniard: :frogadier: :gurdurr: :electabuzz: :rhydon:
The penultimate game, I knew I couldn't lose this as it would be a very tight series and I felt like I was the only slot on our team with a distinct advantage as Ginkals NFE slot was their weakest throughout the tour. I ripped this team from Cao Jie in semis but ran Grass Z Frogadier to deal with Wartortle which was a defining characteristic of Zas's scout, who was helping them for finals in this slot. Game was a bit rough early, with some freezes on my defensive core and a bad turn 1 that put me on the backfoot. Overall, I was able to clean up with my Frogadier and Pawniard in the lategame (god bless pawniard u have never failed me my son) and tspikes had a great mu. Sadly, we lost 1-4 and walked away with a silver medal. :blobsad:

Overall, I wasnt even sure if I wanted to selfbuy before the tour started, but Im happy with my decision to play, posting a 5-1 record was more than I thought I was even capable of. I hope everyone enjoyed the inaugural NDOTPL

This tour was fun and my team won so cool

:gastly: :abra: :voltorb-hisui: :mienfoo: :pawniard: :mareanie:
Week 1 v. Charis_Akins (Not played)

I hyper prepped for veils because the Charis scout was full of them. (Like 11 of 15 most recent replays had veils) Scarf Gastly outspeeds and KO's many veils threats like Clamperl and is generally powerful and Abra can use Counter on any physical set-up mons or dish out damage after taking a hit. Voltorb and Mienfoo packing Taunt to deny setup, and Pawniard to have some priority, with Tera Ghost as a backup to shit on Zigzagoon. Mareanie is Mareanie.

:wingull: :doduo: :timburr: :koffing: :pawniard: :voltorb-hisui:
Week 2 v. Greedy_eb

This was probably my second favorite team of the tournament, Flyinium-Z Wingull + Doduo was a strong core that worked well into Greedy's zero flying resist. The haters doubted Quick Attack Doduo, but I used it to major success (killing a Mienfoo that I outsped anyway bc it got para'd). Pawniard very standard Vullaby switchin blah blah blah, happy I got to serve Greedy a loss

:minccino: :carvanha: :pawniard: :mienfoo: :foongus: :mudbray:
Week 3 v. MuffinMelody

I figured this was the last week I'd get to bring something fun and get away with it easily, and this is hands down my favorite team I made. Minccino nukes everything with Tera Normal Tail Slap and it works with Carvanha to bring down resists like Ferroseed. Sadly Minccino got loaded into the worst matchup ever and didn't get to shine, but I still managed to win because of the swag factor

:abra: :ponyta: :mienfoo: :ferroseed: :spritzee: :mudbray:
Week 4 v. Rarre

This team kinda sucked lol I kinda just wanted to game super early and I didn't spend enough time testing, a super fat defensive core with a too frail offensive core to really take advantage. Oops!

:tyrunt: :magby: :pawniard: :mienfoo: :larvesta: :staryu:
Week 5 v. Roldski

I honestly liked this team and the idea, but it didn't quite work out here. This team is aimed at using Larvesta to burn opposing Mienfoo and then hanging Pawniard in front of it with the threat of Magby or Tyrunt setting up on it if the Mienfoo takes the kill on Pawniard, which gives Pawniard crazy amounts of momentum. Sadly I didn't have a Ground-type into Magnemite and had to use my Pawniard as the check, which led to awkward positions. Sadly a Timid Magnemite and Mienfoo speedtie led to a tense loss in the endgame.

:gastly: :abra: :timburr: :pawniard: :voltorb-hisui: :mareanie:
Finals v. Charis_Akins

I once again opted for a strong into cheese GastBra duo in the finals for the same reasons of Week One. Scarf Gastly + Defog Timburr shreds HO and the rest of the team has decent options to ward off cheese. Toxic Spike Mareanie can chip down a set-up mon's health to make it easy to revenge kill, and lots of priority to make that happen. The only real threat in this game was Ponyta, which got swagbliterated by Static, some lucky HJK dodges that I'm pretty sure didn't matter and we won the teamtour

We are NOT freeing Porygon
Big thanks to Clas and Runo for drafting me, reggg, rarre and Greedy_eb for supporting me, especially reggg from Week 3 and onward.

rarre Roldski32 Charis_Akins MuffinMelody can we ban Terastalization now pls and ty

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
hi highly anticipated and requested amstab dump1!!
w1) vs Velcroc: :obstagoon: :iron-jugulis: :azumarill: :tapu-bulu: :aegislash: :grimmsnarl:
was pretty unconfident in bringing anything w1 because i didnt think i would win piloting balance. 1st draft was smth involving vally which i didnt like so we just brang wtv this is. i end up losing because both the team and me are omega bad 1!!

w2) vs kDCA: :aerodactyl: :ting-lu: :celesteela: :toxapex: :lopunny-mega: :latios:
the orginial idea was smth involving explosion mlop. idea was orginated from rofna kickoff team but i didnt want to bring ho and court change popped up as an idea. slapped the steela tinglu pex and not sure why latios+aero was added but it ended up being a pretty good decision as it worked perfectly fine and they ended up loading rain which pmuch couldnt break the core esp without skewda.

w3) vs ARTYMAISON::lilligant-hisui: :gardevoir-mega: :skeledirge: :toxapex: :celesteela: :ting-lu:
i was pretty sick this week and didnt really build anything so i just defaulted to my favorite team that ive built. it was built during kickoff but its really good still. hilligant honestly is an underrated mon and if u get up a victory dance it will at claim at least 1 at worst.

w4) vs Axzel/w5) vs Ainzcrad: :ogerpon-wellspring: :gardevoir-mega: :celesteela: :ting-lu: :toxapex: :skeledirge:
team was originally built for w4 v Axzel and is just the w3 team but ogerpon for better mu into ho. i was psure he was going to bring some form of ho but we ended up not playing that game and i didnt have any more ideas for building so i just brang the same team and it worked.

restrict beak blast

ndotpl was my first teamtour on this website and even though it wasnt a very big/important tour it was still fun

im happy i didnt turn out into that much of an overpay and thanks to Orangex and hidin for drafting me, it was a fun ndotpl and also thanks to every one of the phiones, you were all cool people

see you all in the next ndot teamtour

Last edited:
AAA teamdump time. Fun tour that had a lot of innovation going around, and because it would be retroactively cool to see the learning curve spent with my fellow Ginkals. (bless)

Wake + Bloodmoon Stack (vs gamer but swag)
:walking wake::kommo-o::mandibuzz::ferrothorn::ursaluna-bloodmoon::tapu koko:

Selfbuilt Specs with hazard stack going into the anticipated blobs, Kommo-o Ferro being the stack core into most of the other water resists. Unfortunately hard prep into gamer specifically means Luna's gotta be wwb > mg and recovery if you want a dgleam Moth mu otherwise.

Galarian Moltres + Ogerpon Webs (vs Giga-Chandélure)
:ribombee::charizard-mega x::gholdengo::moltres-galar::ogerpon-wellspring::great tusk:

Finally bringing myself one to help lock the Ginkals into playoffs and it being here to stay, Galarian Moltres provided a cool cheese option fit into common regen builds on most BOs (ideal builders on the Slakings being Velcroc who I've known for a while), given how many of those often lacked flying resists which weren't spdef oriented. Enough EVs are to outspeed scarfers like Trick Azelf with the rest of the team aiming to either force in or chip down specific targets which could offer the necessary turns for both setups to occur, such as against Melo Corv and PDef Kommo-o.

Mothic + Scarf Azelf BO (vs cat)
:Iron Moth::tapu fini::azelf::landorus-therian::gholdengo::ferrothorn:

W4 proved to be an anomaly of a round compared to the ones after for my bracket, managers can confirm. Iron Moth was something I've wanted to get around to using, owing to its really nice speed tier over things like Wake, on top of its breaking power into the pivots complementing the aforementioned breakers expected one way or another. Got recommended Hadron over Deso despite opting for the latter initially so as to have more consistency into common PSea abusers such as Primarina and Zapdos, while also being able to pin down specific regen mons like RM and Chomp with coverage more effectively. Game was ultimately rough on my opps part due to misloading fire resists, but wp to him nonetheless.

M-Tyranitar + Band GZap (vs ghostlike)
:tyranitar-mega::corviknight::ferrothorn::ursaluna::zapdos-galar::tapu koko:

Listen, us Ginkals owned the playoffs atp, it was ours, we could throw the W5 sets from such a height, it was like the wise words of one of the greatest GTA antagonists ever would click instantly the moment game started. Optimal into specific trends? Nah. Proved its point during? Absolutely.

Glasses Moon + Steela Balance (vs Kayzn)
:roaring moon::celesteela::tapu koko::skeledirge::gliscor::tapu fini:

Got the AOK to potentially balance war in finals with a twist coming, I went in expecting my opp to load something that could hard punish Ferro, seeing as a mon with such traits which only the few could fill made quite for a calling card in previous deals. Enter Celesteela, which not only rivals bp Ferro in the traditional psy and ghost-checking efforts, but can also disrupt momentum-based strats, if not better with the added spikes immune on top of leechtect, volt absorb in particular being cool for pivoting hadron mons and Koko, which Gliscor teams are otherwise pretty susceptible to being overwhelmed by in tandem. Dirge + Hazards Glisc + Fini make up most of the defensive foundation, being great into common physical breakers seen loaded previously, such as Ogerpons, Iron Hands, and important Darks such as Meowscarada and RM, Boots Koko gives necessary support against faster breakers like Terrak (potentially on webs) which the build would otherwise struggle to pressure offensively.

:ursaluna-bloodmoon::walking wake::bisharp::kommo-o::landorus-therian::ferrothorn:
:iron moth::corviknight::zarude::swampert::zapdos::clefable:
:moltres::gholdengo::muk-alola::tapu fini::lopunny-mega::garchomp:

:landorus::metagross-mega::tapu fini::corviknight::darmanitan-galar::roaring moon:
:kommo-o::gholdengo::tyranitar::chansey::ferrothorn::gliscor:
:iron moth::gliscor::barraskewda::slither wing::primarina::ferrothorn:
:primarina::gholdengo::zapdos::great tusk::garganacl::meowscarada:

:iron hands::slowking-galar::barraskewda::great tusk::roaring moon::moltres:
:scizor-mega::great tusk::clefable::walking wake::cinderace::zapdos:
:electrode-hisui::great tusk::heatran::zapdos::gholdengo::primarina:

A couple sideopts built between intervals of weeks 2,4,5, and 7 respectively, few of which being passed by helpers. Most of my preps going into later rounds came with the consistency instinct into most of the mainers, who were surefire supports for team despite all the subs. One guy I wish I brought and saw more of was Iron Hands for sure. I firmly believe its ability to click most of what it wants on SD alone, to say nothing of the general variety you have against many would be stops down here (EE, WBB, Fluffy, and even niche stuff like Surge Surfer on offense), make it a top pick able to run hands against most of the tier despite being a recent unban. Remaining ideas are fairly explanatory, but with a few bright spots here and there that I could see being worked on further between defensive cores and some of the more underrated breakers lying around.
Aera - Genuinely impressed me with the 6-0 I was not expecting, and for always being a first during live games. Godlike precision down the line and would be great to band more for teams in the future.

Clas Runo - Have a lot of respect for you both through picking the squad and having faith in us from the ground up. Best of luck with whatever you guys decide to do next and I hope it's spicy by the time we meet.

kDCA Flou yokoisop Bella - Didn't hear from y'all as much personally but know for a fact things wouldn't have turned out the way without your contributions too. After all, the Ginkals won the teamtour as a team of 8 and not 4. :fire:

Gangsta Spongebob LordBox zastra - Cool supports and appreciate the time spent, cordbuilds were defo inspirational to look at when needed and SSJ better stay the kinda G all the little homies wanna be like. :pimp:

sealoo seth - Finals wouldn't have been as heat without the time you took to also get there, massive gz on your team's front and looking forward to seeing the results in FL.

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
NDOTSL NDGG Teamdump
1.0 Introduction
1.1 Pre-Definition Change Era
1.2 The Melmetal Incident Era
1.3 Post-Definition Change Era
1.4 Thoughts on the Meta
2.0 NDOTSL Shoutouts

1.0 Introduction

I got into NDGG through building for it for NDOTSl and I've been playing and building ever since. I've split the teamdump into 3 'Eras' because they are very different metas and they all deserve their own section. The first era is the one where the god list was all the Ubers; I'm not going to be writing descriptions for these as they're no longer really relevant and are only being posted to serve as inspiration and to keep a record of the old metagame. The Melmetal Incident era was only for one week (week 6) but the few teams that were made should be remembered and it was too funny not to include. The last era will have full descriptions for every team and will include all teams i built from the definition change to now.

1.1 Pre-Definition Change Era

:hatterene::necrozma-dusk-mane::porygon2::araquanid::ursaluna::hoopa-unbound:
:gliscor::arceus-fairy::tornadus-therian::tapu-koko::alomomola::gholdengo:
:ferrothorn::samurott-hisui::volcarona::tapu-koko::gliscor::kyurem-white:
:magnezone::meowscarada::clefable::arceus::gliscor::baxcalibur:
:rotom-wash::mewtwo-mega-y::clodsire::tapu-koko::corviknight::baxcalibur:
:gliscor::samurott-hisui::volcarona::zacian-crowned::corviknight::ursaluna:
:ninetales-alola::arctozolt::landorus-therian::tapu-koko::corviknight::kyurem-black:
:gholdengo::eternatus::clefable::tapu-koko::gliscor::hoopa-unbound:
:ferrothorn::victini::landorus-therian::kommo-o::alomomola::xerneas:
:diancie-mega::zamazenta::tapu-lele::corviknight::gliscor::necrozma-dusk-mane:
:shuckle::gholdengo::volcarona::lopunny-mega::alomomola::ting-lu:
:ferrothorn::zamazenta::volcarona::groudon::alomomola::heatran:
:ferrothorn::kyogre::tornadus-therian::tapu-koko::gliscor::swampert-mega:
:ferrothorn::lopunny-mega::landorus-therian::corviknight::alomomola::calyrex-ice:
:ferrothorn::zamazenta::tornadus-therian::ting-lu::alomomola::calyrex-ice:

1.2 The Melmetal Incident Era
:gholdengo::hawlucha::ho-oh::ribombee::xerneas::melmetal:
:skarmory::giratina::ho-oh::lugia::ting-lu::alomomola:
:magearna::miraidon::ho-oh::tapu-koko::gliscor::melmetal:
The team. The worst sight at team preview in the history of GG. Even through loading no water resist into Primal Kyogre and Miraidon+Tapu Koko into 3 grounds, Melmetal cheeses its way through. It's hilarious that council forgot to ban all the brokens, especially Speed Melmetal.

1.3 Post-Definition Change Era
:skarmory::hawlucha::alakazam-mega::zacian-crowned::gliscor::tapu-lele:
This was the first team i built post definition, I wanted to try the newly freed Hawlucha and Mega Alakazam, being able to abuse the boost in Atk/Def to sweep with CC/Acro or Expanding force. Skarmory and Gliscor form a strong defensive core and Tapu Lele provides the terrain. Zacian Crowned brings all the stats I needed, being a strong Atk and Speed, and good other stats.

:tapu-koko::zygarde::pheromosa::iron-valiant::urshifu::annihilape:
The first HO team i built, with 4 fighting types and 5 Fairy weaknesses. Mainly just abuses the brokens like Zygarde, Urshifu, Annihilape. Probably not the best team rn but still could do funny things
:shuckle::alakazam-mega::clefable::palafin::zygarde::corviknight:
This was built for Maybca after being lied to by sealoo who said that Power Construct Zygarde worked as a receiver. It does not. The SpDef slot could easily be replaced by Skeledirge (or a non-Power Construct Zygarde lol). Calm Mind Clefable is a crazy strong wincon I took from SS GG, easily setting up to +6 and not taking any damage thanks to Calm Mind and 230 base defense. The Palafin and Mega Alakazam are dump slots that dont need any stat boosts to be very good and dont mind taking 10 Atk/SpAtk. Shuckle god has a ton of potential that hasnt really been explored, some of the other recievers i think could be good are Swords Dance Gliscor, Take Heart Manaphy, or any bulky setup that can beat Toxics

:skarmory::chien-pao::alakazam-mega::tapu-koko::alomomola::groudon-primal:
:gliscor::chien-pao::alakazam-mega::tapu-koko::alomomola::necrozma-dusk-mane:
I grouped these two together because they're very similar, the first one I built for Maybca, the second one i built a few weeks later, not realising i had an almost identical team. Tapu Koko+Chien Pao is an insanely broken core as Tapu Koko can gain free momentum on any grounds switching in, pivoting to Chien Pao to put on insane pressure with Ice Spinner and Swords Dance. Mega Alakazam is a strong wall breaker that can also benefit from the momentum Koko generates. Both teams use Alomomola due to it being very bulky and a great slow pivot. Skarmory+Primal Groudon and Gliscor+Necrozma provides hazards support and a Steel, Ground, and Flying type to glue the team together.

:skarmory::hawlucha::clodsire::tapu-koko::alomomola::zekrom:
This team was also made for Maybca when he wanted to build around Zekrom, Tapu Koko provides terrain to Zekrom and Hawlucha, and Skarmory, Clodsire, and Alomomola form a strong defensive core. The main problem with the team is that making progress against Gliscor is quite hard, the best option is to setup on it with Taunt Hawlucha or sit on it with IDBP Skarmory.

:skarmory::arceus-water::clefable::tapu-koko::gliscor::baxcalibur:
I built this team wanting to try a fat/balance archetype, so i chose Arceus-Water for the job, as it donates incredible defensive stats and a good SpAtk and Speed for my offensive core of Tapu Koko and Baxcalibur. At this time I was using a lot of Darkinium Z Chien Pao, so I wanted to somewhat replicate this with Dragonium Z Baxcalibur. Clefable was chosen to check the aforementioned Darkinium Z Chien Pao, as otherwise the team would have not much defensive or offensive counterplay to it. Skarmory and Gliscor is a very standard defensive core that is tried and tested.

:tapu-fini::hawlucha::clodsire::tornadus-therian::corviknight::xerneas:
Before this, I had not built around Xerneas, despite holding a very high opinion on it. I wanted a cool tech to beat Clodsire and Skeledirge, so I chose Whirlpool Tapu Fini, which could trap them, stop recovery with taunt, and deal a good chunk of damage with Nature's Madness. Tapu Fini's Misty Surge was an added benefit, as it could stop Xerneas from being Toxiced or Thunder Waved, and allow me to use the very strong breaker that is Hawlucha in Atk. Hawlucha could also lure in Clodsire and Skeledirge and deal good chip to them while preventing them from recovering with Taunt. Tornadus-T in SpAtk is a very cool breaker that, can nuke with +2 Supersonic Skystrike, even OHKOing some SpDef Alomomolas. It will also lure in SpDef Skeledirge and Toxic it, helping to wear it down for Xerneas. Clodsire and Corviknight round out the team as my defensive core.

:hatterene::crawdaunt::porygon2::calyrex-ice::iron-hands::urshifu-rapid-strike:
When Maybca said he wanted to bring TR to finals, I was sceptical but decided to build this, having Hatterene and Porygon 2 as my Trick Room setters, and Crawdaunt, Iron Hands, and Urshifu as my sweepers, with Calyrex-Ice being able to do both. I still think TR is a bit of a fraud playstyle though.

:darkrai::zygarde::mewtwo-mega-y::tornadus-therian::grimmsnarl::iron-hands:
I hadn't built a HO team in a while, so this was the result. Mega Mewtwo Y donates incredible stats for HO and can even give itself 90 base Def from GG mechanics. It's a powerful sweeper with Nasty Plot, BoltBeam coverage, and a STAB move that targets opponents Physical Defense, which is especially useful in GG. I had not seen 1 Darkrai since it was freed, so I wanted to give it a chance to shine here, being able to do good damage with Nasty Plot and strong coverage. Zygarde is a strong Dragon Dance sweeper that gets a small boost from Mewtwo's 110 base Attack. I ported the Tornadus-T from the Xerneas team, but this time with 154 base SpAtk and Taunt > Toxic. Grimmsnarl sets screens and acts as a suicide lead, and Iron Hands sets up Belly Drum and sweeps with its 130 Speed.

:skarmory::gholdengo::clefable::giratina::alomomola::clodsire:
This was my attempt at stall in NDGG, with 150 HP + 140 Def Skarmory being very bulky. Clodsire provides a Ground-type and an Unaware user, and Alomomola is a bulky Water that can spread status and WishPass to Giratina. Clefable checks Chien-Pao and is generally very good defensively. Gholdengo is a strong wincon that can also block Defog to allow me to stack Spikes with Clodsire more.

:tapu-koko::hawlucha::volcarona::ribombee::zygarde::kyurem-black:
After enjoying using the Mega Mewtwo Y HO, I wanted to make another, this time trying to abuse Hawlucha the most I can, giving it 170 base Attack from Kyurem-Black and screens+terrain from Tapu Koko. Ribombee can lay down Sticky Web, while also being able to Quiver Dance and throw off +1 Moonblasts off of 120 SpAtk. Volcarona, Kyurem-Black and Zygarde are strong sweepers that can easily win the game with screen support. Volcarona's moveset is very interesting, tailor made to beat Skeledirge with Toxic+Roost.

1.4 Thoughts on the Meta
Building the tier was very fun during NDOTSL, and I hope the people who played it in NDOTSL continue to play it. I think that now NDOTSL has concluded, it would be worth it to capitalise on the increased playerbase and work on an official VR and/or Sample Teams. In terms of the meta itself, my number one concern right now is Chien Pao; it is very strong and can beat almost all of it's checks with either Icium Z or Darkinium Z, such as +2 of the right Z-Move OHKOing either Clefable or Alomomola, and Skarmory needing exceptionally high HP to live a Z-Move. It is very hard to revenge kill it, given it has very strong Sucker Punches and Ice Shards. I definitely think that Chien Pao should be at least voted on, if not banned. The second thing i want to talk about is Mega Alakazam. It has suprisingly good bulk with a HP or Def donation and can setup Nasty Plots on a lot of things. It can run Focus Blast to hit Ferrothorn, Ting Lu, Necrozma, etc. Shadow ball hits Necrozma Dusk Mane, Gholdengo, and Skeledirge. Once setup it can sweep very easily with its stellar 175 base SpAtk and 150 Speed. As a whole, I think the meta is very healthy right now, especially if Chien Pao is banned. All archetypes are very viable, with HO having some very strong sweepers and Stall having strong defensive options. Balance/BO are especially good, having strong defensive cores with Gliscor, Skarmory, Alomomola, Clodsire, and more; it can also use offensive cores with Pokemon like Tapu Koko+Chien Pao, Mega Alakazam, etc. I'm very excited to see how the meta goes in the future.

2.0 NDOTSL Shoutouts
First and foremost, thanks to BoingK for getting me into NDGG, I would not be playing the tier without you. I think you're a much better player than your record shows and I'm very glad I drafted you.

Amstan you were a great STAB slot and I think you have a ton of potential, good luck in your future endeavors.

Greybaum db both of you played incredible, and were for sure steals.

anique Teamo505 Greedy_eb you three were a great lc core, even though the slot had more than enough support.

Concept Everything you were a great clicker in LC and GG, glad i drafted you, especially for that price.

Codename C.A.T good job picking up NDBH, huge steal for 3k.

Cyril tbh thanks for being there when we needed to sub you into GG and AAA, glad you could pull off The Melmetal Incident.

Finally, thanks to hidin for disappearing to the depths of Mexico during the auction and building a grand total of 0 teams throughout the entire tour.

Fun tour, unfortunate we couldn't make it to playoffs (free top 4 playoffs), would love to manage again next year.

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
Helloooooo I'm boingk here to make a dump of all the teams I used over ndotsl, but a fair warning that almost none of these are my own :)

GG Teams
Week 1 (L) made by Greybaum
:skarmory::eternatus::slowking::tapu-koko::iron-treads::baxcalibur:
Basic balance that probably still holds up in this meta. Koko becomes extremely fast and strong etc etc, but the main draw of eterrain is that iron Treads becomes an extremely efficient support mon and wall. Etern is the second specially defensive mon spreading toxic and decent damage, and Skarm walls a lot of good physical attackers and sets spikes on everything (ursaluna was the broko at the time). Slowking provides slow pivoting and Future Sight support, and also sets snow up for Baxcalibur. Baxcalibur kills things.
I'm honestly annoyed I lost this one, the game started out really well then I just forgot how to play mons in the endgame, which often happens to me :(
Week 2 (L) by Orangex
:ninetales-alola::arctozolt::landorus-therian::tapu-koko::corviknight::kyurem-black:
This is a very simple team: get hail up and nuke things. This has already been posted in orange's team dump but they didn't post an explanation, presumably because the team is self-explanatory.
I loaded into a swords dance Mega-Scizor and I am told this is a bad matchup, but I definitely think I could have played it better by preserving the Lando and intim stalling the Scizor. I'm not sure this would have worked tho, so I'm putting this down to a builder loss even though I think the team itself is busted
Week 3 (L) by me :) (Clas helped a little bit)
:rotom-wash::magnezone::eternatus::swellow::gliscor::ursaluna:
This team is technically no longer legal but you can translate it. The star of the show is Swellow: specs Boomburst has practically no coverage and is complemented very well by coverage moves of Heat Wave and pivoting in U-Turn. The last slot is up to you: Toxic is funny to beat things long term that you might not otherwise (Alomomola), Roost gives some longevity, and Hurricane as a second stab never goes wrong. Can you tell I like Swellow-
The speed slot was Ursaluna here, glad that thing is gone it was broken LOL. You can replace it with anything really, but preferably something that complements Swellow. Magnezone is a key player here: it allows you to remove pesky steels that might wall your normals otherwise, for example Corviknight and with better EVs Iron Treads via Body Press coverage (this magnezone lacks it, you may consider it over Tbolt or Flash Cannon). However the biggest draw is trapping and nuking Ferrothorn, which was absolutely EVERYWHERE at the time. It also beats Scizor with better EVs and I liked that idea thanks to last week's shenanigans . Etern does etern things here, Gliscor provides longevity and spike support, and Rotom rounds it out as the defogger and pivot.
I'm really annoyed I lost this game, like uber uber pissed (no hate on you cat you kinda lucked out but love you anyway). Swellow not killing Etern on turn 1 or 2 can't rmr which genuinely made me consider running modest specs (don't, you miss out on the crucial 120 speed benchmark). Not going for headlong on the Kart because it was a roll (albeit slightly favoured to me) was probably a throw. The last turn got me tho: cat had a 50% to outspeed and a 70% chance to hit: they only won if both of these criteria were met (they won in 35% of all universes). I'm salty.
Week 5 (Cyril tbh MASSIVE W) by Orangex, but I'm Taking Some Of The Credit
:magearna::miraidon::ho-oh::tapu-koko::gliscor::melmetal:
Orangex built this team but I'm Taking Some Of The Credit! I had an epitome after seeing the announcement that Dracovish had been retroactively banned for the week after a mistake:
1000010427.jpg
There were a lot of ideas thrown around, including Miraidon offense (Miraidon is broke anyway), Ho-Oh + Lugia stall, Xern HO and so forth. Basically this is a lesson to make sure your chall codes are updated kids! But in reality things do slip through the cracks sometimes, and with a day to sort out a whole challenge code I don't blame clas. We were initially going to save the ubers chaos for playoffs, but the fuckery that happened in scheduling changed our minds. I'm glad we did, because we weren't to know that playoffs was a top 3 affair, and this wouldn't have come at all.
ANYWAY I came up with an initial six and orange filled in the blanks. I think most of this is self explanatory: Magearna spikes and spreads t wave while pivoting and not being passive, although I think it deserves a retest in a more controlled environment. Miraidon is broken, specs is the most borked set. Ho-Oh is borderline stupid, it lived a fucking origin pulse LMAO. Tapu Koko does Koko things and so does Gliscor. Melm is possibly the most heinous of them all, I hope this fucker never sees the light of day again.
There was no universe in which Cyril lost this match, but bringing base 100 attack Cheempao certainly helped, resulting in the most cursed GG match I have ever had the pleasure of watching.

BH Teams
Week 4 (W) by Clas
:miraidon::steelix-mega::Chansey::xerneas::zygarde-complete::arceus-water:
The keen eyed among you will have realised that this team is identical to one clas used and has talked about in great detail so I shall not do the same. He sorta just waltzed up in my DMs and was like 'here you go use this'
And to his credit, it worked really well. It felt good to get a win in although as far as I'm aware this was RTM's first BH tour.
Week 5 (W) by Clas and me :)
:diancie-mega::zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::gyarados-mega::ho-oh::zacian-crowned:
1000010430.jpg
After lots and lots of messages in dms with clas, we came out the other side with a functioning team. Mdia and Mgar were to take advantage of a seeming lack solid of special walls in the Nashrock scout, although we ended loading into a shield scales groundceus :(. Clas has already described this team so I won't try to
Zacian was the MVP, trapping and removing 3 mons (the imp, the pressure zacc on the other side, and the aforementioned scales groundceus). Once this happened it was impossible for nashrock to win

Shoutouts
Orangex Best manager and GG building buddy, sorry I couldn't pull any wins :( Good luck in the future if you manage again!

Codename C.A.T you deserved far more than your record reflects, you were a great presence and help in the BH channel.

Concept Everything the GOAT of GG, thanks for pulling through where I couldn't

Greybaum in our hearts you went unbeaten, you had an amazing tour and are a great player. Cheers!

Teamo505 anique Greedy_eb I can't lie I don't know what was happening in the LC channel but it was funny so kudos to yous!

db absolute steal in the NFE channel, thanks for being a goat!

Cyril tbh you are immortalised in the NDOTSL hall of fame. Need I say more?

hidin nerd

cat :0

Clas Thanks for believing in me and supporting me massively, both in GG and BH. You ALSO had an insane run, ginkals 4ever

I'm probably forgetting someone, but in any case...
@everyone else in the tour: I better fucking see yous next year. GGs!

edit i did forget ppl
@demonsaxophonist Kinzo Ketchum Runo Clas seth @irs og ginkals forever :ginkal:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)