NDOT Secret Santa

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
approved by Runo, post mostly copied from hidin's ND secret santa

National Dex Other Tiers Secret Santa 2023

Secret Santa is an event in which the members of a community anonymously exchange gifts between themselves. In this particular Secret Santa, which, deep down, will work similarly to a teambuilding workshop, each person who signs up will PM me with a Pokemon or a core (I'll provide more information on this below) they'd like someone else to build a team with. Afterwards, everyone who joined the project will receive one of the aforementioned ideas and will have to build a team with it until the submission deadline. Finally, the teams will be sent to the people who requested them and this thread will be used for further discussion. Easy, isn't it? Let's get to the rules then!

General Rules:
  • Post "in" or whatever else you want to (as long as the intent is clear) to join.
  • Don't sign up if you can't guarantee that you'll be able to finish building a team in time. I'll try to keep tabs on everyone and help if needed, but depending on the amount of sign ups we get, it could be hard to do this.
  • Avoid telling people what request you sent/got, as it could ruin the project's purpose.
  • Secret Santa will be for either the National Dex UU, National Dex RU, National Dex STABmons, National Dex Godly Gift, National Dex AAA, National Dex BH, National Dex NFE, and National Dex LC. You may sign up for as few or as many tiers you would like. I will then pair you with people who selected the same tier. If you are flexible in multiple tiers, I encourage you to sign up for all of them. Only one of your tiers will be chosen to be built.
Submission Rules:
  • Each request submission should be sent to me through Smogon PM, not profile posts. You don't need to do it right after signing up, but if you fail to do it until the deadline then your sign up will be void. If you signed up for more than one tier, send me a request for every tier you've mentioned in a separate message. but only one will end up being selected.
  • Requests will be looked at on a case by case basis. It is preferred that requests are kept viable, but if you really want a team with an unranked/seemingly unviable Pokemon then you can try your luck.
  • Cores are usually preferred over individual Pokemon (i.e. Gliscor + Slowking-Galar over just Gliscor) unless one of the Pokemon is known to be hard to build around or straight up uncommon (such as Raging Bolt or Iron Boulder). Once again, this will be looked into on a case by case basis, and while I might not directly enforce anything, I could end up suggesting changes.
  • If you want your requested Pokemon or core to have specific sets, you're allowed to mention it but it is not required.
  • After sign ups close, I'll use the same PM each user sent with their request in order to let them know the Pokemon or core that was assigned to them. Once you're done building, bump the PM with the end result. The deadline for this will be revealed after sign ups close.
  • Similarly to the Pokemon/core requests, it is preferred that you keep teams viable. However, you can try to feature less common elements if you prefer it that way. Just keep in mind that the goal is not to gimp people's creativity, so feel free to go wild if it fits you best!
  • Once you complete the build and it's confirmed by me in PMs, post it to the thread @ing the person who you were assigned with the Pokepaste of the team and an explanation for the build!
  • A short description is appreciated, but not required.
Recommendations:
  • Don't be afraid to join just because you feel like your teambuilding skills aren't on par. I'm down to help everyone who feels this way (or even if you're just having a hard time finishing a team. It happens to everyone sometimes!)
  • You're allowed to change requests until the sign up deadline, but I would prefer if you didn't swap too much!
  • Have fun!
TL;DR (brief description):
  • Signup in this thread and PM me your core or individual Pokemon of choice through Smogon PM before 11:59 PM GMT-5 on December 21st. Tiers will be National Dex UU, National Dex RU, National Dex STABmons, National Dex Godly Gift, National Dex AAA, National Dex BH, National Dex NFE, and National Dex LC. You may sign up for multiple tiers (and if you do, send me multiple requests), but overall only one will be used.
  • Once the signup deadline passes (December 21st), I will use the same Smogon PM to tell you the core or individual Pokemon you got. I will also tell you who you are building for. This may be the next day depending on the amount of submissions.
  • You have until the building deadline (11:59 PM GMT on December 24th) to build your team and send it back using the same Smogon PM, let's make someone's holiday happy :D
  • After Christmas (December 25th) to New Years Eve (December 31st), You will distribute the teams to everyone through the thread by @ing the person who you built for, with a Pokepaste and explanation of your team
  • Post In to sign up
  • I will love every post in this thread to encourage participation!

Deadline for signups are December 21st; please send me a set or a core that you want in a Conversation with me!
(I am working on a time crunch for this project this year since this is being hosted pretty late in the month compared to last year, so that is why there's a 5 day sign up period. Join quickly!)
Deadline for building is December 24th
(Christmas Eve is on that day, so you better have your team wrapped up and ready to give to someone by then!)
Deadline for team distribution is December 31st
(I will probably make exceptions for those who are late due to other things not related to Pokemon.)

Have fun and happy holidays!

Last edited:

anique

</3
is a Tiering Contributor
skippergamez hey, I built the scarf scraggy u requested. Personally I prefer band scraggy is the better set but dd is ok too.
https://pokepast.es/57ec495cb60ac7d4
:turtwig: :glimmet: :charmander: :scraggy: :squirtle: :taillow:
I built this ho around bu dd rest scraggy because i think it’s a pretty broken wincon if u remove the spatkers (can tera vs fairies) pretty standard lead glimmet and tailow I rounded it off with the 3 broken starters core to compliment scraggy
Happy Christmas.

:sv/terapagos: :ting-lu: :thundurus: :slowking-Galar: :weavile: :heatran:

CM Terapagos for hidin :

Had plenty of directions to go with this, but both Grimmsnarl and Alolan Ninetales veil felt cheap, and Bulu + Grassy Seed Terapagos is the same as a Bloodmoon team I built for NDOTSL. So, I settled on the Ting-Lu spike stack. Parting Shot bc that move helps ease set up. Physical Thundurus breaks down special walls, 1v1 steel/flying mons, and nukes with FlyZ. Knock Off is an option, but I prefer Superpower into Ting-Lu squads. Glowking is for an all-purpose special pivot that's less passive than Pex. Weavile provides extra offensive pressure and is the final barrier against random ghost types. Heatran rounds off the team by providing a bulky steel + fire mon with rocks. I stole the set from current-gen STABmons, so I only know that 76-speed outspeeds the Rotoms.

:sv/porygon2: :iron-hands: :stakataka: :mawile-mega: :marowak-alola: :cresselia:
ND AAA TR for RGCultivation

This is a fairly standard TR team upgraded for AAA. SD Iron Hands is usually good for these builds, Earth Eater lets it weaken Great Tusk and Lando and Phys Def Ting-Lu for partners. Initially, Stak was Steelworker with a metal coat/air balloon, but the rolls on tusk were the same, and it did zilch to Corv (Sword of Ruin Life Orb barely gets a clean 2HKO with lefties and no rocks). Mega Mawile is the end game cleaner with Intrepid Sword. Alolan Marowak with SOR is the final cleaner with a set you've probably seen before. Cress and P2 are the TR setters, and having regen means you don't need to think about adding healing moves - allowing stuff like Magic Coat Cress to C-team Chomp and Tusk leads and P2 to get perfect bolt beam coverage plus teleport. No hazards unfort but if you can make space on Wak or Stak, be my guest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)