NBA Summer League

let's discuss the Summer League games, rookies, etc.

so far, from what I've read and watched, Stephen Curry has been owning.

Rodrigue Beaubois had a 34 pt / 5 reb / 8 ast game against the Rockets. is he legit?

Sorry Bro, summer league means nothing. 90% of those players won't even play and the Summer League performances have little correlation with the NBA season. For example last year Derrick Rose got manhandled during the Summer League and Michael Beasley scored 50 in his first game. Who got ROY? Stephen Curry DID look good though. As did Psycho-T. Hope they work out.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Its a sneak peak of what they can do. Adam Morrison is good in the Summer League, hopefully he does the same thing in regular season.

Watching the NBA Summer League and trying to make predictions about the regular season is like watching the All-Star Game and trying to decide which actual team is going to win the Finals.

The two are so uncorrelated that you really can't take much from it. Good for judging potential upside, I guess, but most of those guys won't play much in the regular season, anyway.

And... LOL @ Adam Morrison. ^^^

From what I hear, the highlight of the Summer League seems to be from halftime of the Kings-Warriors game. Little kids making NBA threes? Damn, I wish I had that kind of range! (I only have college-three range... T-T)

the summer league says nothing about the teams, but I think it does shed some light onto the players themselves.

marco bellinelli is a summer league star, but has not fully proven himself in the season. but yea... it does show his upside and i have seen his upside in games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)