NBA Finals 2009

Right now, the Lakers lead the Magic 3 games to 1. Game 5 is Sunday, where the Lakers can close out the series in Orlando.

Only 8 teams have come back from a 1-3 deficit, and none of them were on the stage known as the NBA Finals.

Lets keep Finals discussion restrained to this thread. Now that Sports Arena has been created, we can have multiple threads per sport.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Keys for Magic to win:

-restrain Kobe
-no open looks
-Gasol is already restrained by Howard most of the time but he has to continue
-Howard's a liability in the offensive side so he needs to work on that
-Nail those 3 balls

That's basically what they should do if they want to reach Game 7.

I don't wanna say the series is over... because it isn't. This is the finals... anything can happen.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
More like...

Keys for Magic to win:
-Dwight Howard make free throws

The Magic have played well the last two games, but the Lakers obviously aren't pushovers and have kept it close. The Lakers have trouble stopping Howard even on the offensive end (which is why Odom / Gasol / Bynum have all gotten in foul trouble the last 3 games), and if Dwight Howard can actually make 70% of his free throws - a stretch I know but oh well - then the Magic have a good chance. That was absolutely embarassing for him last game to miss 5/6 free throws near the end when making one more would have won the game.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
this series is over, the magic had their chance and blew it. I think they will come back and take game 5 but there is no way in hell they are taking 2 straight at the staples center.

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
well,stan is ugly enough to be bowser

this series is over the magic are done even though i wanted them to win
I was in orlando last week LOL

franky

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
not unless stan van gundy dresses up like wario and kidnaps kobe as if he was princess peach!
:cloud:

For those that think this is over, its not because Magics trampled Lakers for a good portion of 1st and 2nd quarter and bits of 3rd. That says a lot, they SHOULD take the win tomorrow. Then work their asses of big time next two games.

I think they do have a chance in LA. People look at Game 1 and say "impossible". Game 2 showed their ability to bounce back. Though there isn't time for bouncing back now.

franky

I think they do have a chance in LA. People look at Game 1 and say "impossible". Game 2 showed their ability to bounce back. Though there isn't time for bouncing back now.
There's still time just added pressure. Every game should feel like the game of their life because their on a verge of getting eliminated. It would suck if they presented the NBA Champs @ Orlando arena.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
way to steal my thunder, darkie! .-.

anyways, magic are even bigger chokers than kobe, if the lakers win, that will be the reason.

franky

I sometimes like to quote on people who make early statements. If magic happen to take game 7 you guys will regret saying those. The last game was actually van Gundy's fault for playing nelson near the end when Alston should have been on the court. bad decision by his part.

I'm rooting for the Lakers, but I don't think they will win tomorrow. The games in Orlando have been really close, and I don't think tomorrow will be an exception. The Lakers will definitely not bring their A game tomorrow, as they are exhausted, and would prefer winning the championship at home anyway.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
gg Orlando Magic.

Congratulations to the 2009 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers, and we look forward to a great 2010 season (go wizards, shut up FINALLY kobe haters)

I don't hate Kobe Bryant. I just don't like him either is all. Good season by the lakers I guess... would've preferred for the Thunder to come out of nowhere and win =P.

franky

Wish it was on Lakers arena, it would roar like wow. Congrats lakers. Not enough passion. Phil Jackson is the man, 10 NBA Rings!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)