Projects National Dex UU Team Bazaar

Oh wow, it's been over a month since the last post. Well, time to fix that!

:excadrill: :iron-moth: :iron-hands: :thundurus-therian: :alakazam: :haxorus:

Yeah so, I jumped on the haxorus train, but pretty much solely since we don't really have any other mons that appreciate the sash. Otherwise, it is what it says on the tin; a brainless HO that I repurposed from an old Ceruledge HO. Exca standard hazard lead, booster moth + hands + thundy is the obligatory HO core that just kinda nukes through everything, sash zam and sash hax are anti sweeps that can be used to try and lure ting-lu or help break through stall respectively.

:iron-hands: :enamorus: :rotom-wash: :ting-lu: :scizor: :latios-mega:

I didn't chose the names. This one is an experiment with banded Iron Hands, since it's incredibly hard to switch into reliably. Usually you're only one predict away from killing either a drain punch resist or a wild charge resist and winning from there, but it can be hard to position. This team is dedicated to getting it in safely on the best targets it can, though it's a bit of a tall order. Main weakness here is celesteela, while you obviously threaten it out with hands it can be a major nuisance for virtually everything else. Getting a knock on it with scizor helps a lot, then you just need to outplay the leech seed recovery.

:toxapex: :ting-lu: :chansey: :clefable: :skarmory: :tangrowth:

This wouldn't be a complete TBIC bazaar post without a stall. This one got made because after playing a lot of games recently on ladder for no particular reason, I've sorta realised that MSab actually kinda struggles to not just. Run out of recovers before opposing lu and MTtars are dead. So this was an attempt at a stall not using it, and it turned out pretty well. At least, it has now that you don't have a 20% roll to insta-lose to Thundy-T with clef on the switch. Speaking of, normalium Z clef with heal bell is incredibly funny, it full heals you on use while removing status. Great for absorbing knocks and tricks as well, though it sucks a bit to lose lefties recovery.

Hi been a while since I posted so why not post on the team I’ve used for my recent NDUU Seasonals match. I used 3 teams a HO team I lost with and a Sand and BO team I won with. The Sand and HO teams were pretty standard so I’m gonna make this post about the BO.

Pokepaste:
https://pokepast.es/ba1870bd9332d8d8

Team explanation:

:Keldeo:

Specs Keldeo is a breaker that doesn’t get that much usage so I wanted to use it. Fighting stab is useful into things like Mega ttar and Ting Lu especially since secret sword uses phys def instead of special defense.

:Iron moth:

Boots iron moth has good synergy with keldeo and can be a good late game cleaner. Psychic in case they brought Pex.

:Venusaur-mega:

To finish the fire, water, grass core mega venusaur was perfect as it could also beat gastrodon and washtom. As you might have noticed the set is intresting… max special attack modest might seem overkill, but it helps nuke incoming Latios doing almost half which has won me many games in testing but it didn’t do much in the battle.

:Excadrill:

Excadrill can be a wincon and hazard removal for the team while being another answer to clef and other fairy’s.

:Ting-Lu:

Ting-Lu being one of the most spamable mons on BO’s because it has rocks can phase opponents with whirlwind and get chip with ruination it’s a good fit on the team.

:Victini:

Lastly, Scarf Victini is good speed control and this was built before the ace ban

Thanks to everyone who helped me prep and especially Niadev for helping me build the team.

Here are the Sand and HO if your intrested

https://pokepast.es/9e10331d147bf7cd
https://pokepast.es/97c894bfd4bf73c9

Alright, my run in ssnl is over, so time to dump out all the good, bad and burnt messes that came out of the showdown teambuilder kitchen throughout the tour! Teams that are no longer legal will be noted as such, but they may still provide some inspiration for other teams people may want to make.

Week 3
:cresselia: :hattrem: :marowak-alola: :camerupt-mega: :iron-hands: :glastrier:
This team was made because one of my irl friends offhandedly said "Yo I think trick room is kinda cool, why don't you make one of those?" I thought that was hilarious, so I figured the best time to bring it was in the inevitable grudge match that was my rematch vs Amstan. Which hey would you look at that that happened quickly. Basic idea, lead with Hattrem to get a guaranteed trick room and prevent rocks sets into non-Excadrill leads. Healing wish to get Marowak in, blow some holes, re-set trick room with Cresselia, take some kills with either MCamerupt or Hands, use the healing wish on Cresselia for a third trick room, win with Glastrier and lunar danced Marowak-2-Electric-Boogaloo.

:excadrill: :thundurus-therian: :iron-moth: :aegislash: :greninja: :iron-hands: - Now illegal with Thundurus Therian banned
Yeah we're back here again. If you want a detailed explanation check out this thread.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-cycle-11-read-post-116.3725961/post-10045351

Short explanation, Excadrill hazard lead, use Hands and Thundy to break, clean with any of Moth, Greninja or Greninja. Iron Head on Aegi makes it easier for this team to break unaware Clef.

Week 5
:chansey: :ting-lu: :clefable: :skarmory: :tangrowth: :slowking:
I've been asked about this stall. So many times. Shout out jawabarat and Joeshh with this team, for helping with the building and the initial idea of dropping MSableye from stall teams. It's now a bit outdated, but still definitely functional. The Slowking was originally designed as a secondary Latios check while giving a double regen core for better handling Celesteela and other passive mons. Otherwise, Clef is EVed to be able to guaranteed survive a Goltres Z-Hurricane after stealth rocks damage, but that's the only specific tech.

Week 6
:excadrill: :iron-moth: :thundurus-therian: :iron-hands: :azumarill: :alakazam: - Now illegal with Thundurus Therian banned
Hi Runo Yeah so if it wasn't already obvious, I was feeding jawabarat teams for the entirety of the tour except for when they played against me. This was the only week I gave him specific prep for an opponent, though. This Custap berry Hands has been some of the funniest shit to use, and it's actually surprisingly effective as surprise factor into offensive teams that rely on revenging hands after chipping it down. Dazzling Gleam moth was also chosen because Runo hadn't been using anything that actually required psychic coverage on Moth, so this would allow it to do a large chunk of damage to a Latias.

:slowbro: :tyranitar-mega: :excadrill: :latios: :celesteela: :zeraora: - Now illegal with Latios banned
This came from an idea that pretty much all of Runo's teams folded to future sight + Mega Tyranitar except for Ting-lu, and so low kick MTTar + Fsight was born. If you end up using a variant of this, I would recommend switching close combat for knock off on Zeraora. It wasn't initially because I didn't want MTTar's knocks to have less power, but the double knock is probably worth more.

Week 7
:enamorus: :quaquaval: :tyranitar-mega: :celesteela: :zeraora: :nidoking:
So, going into this match I was expecting mostly offence. I've played jawa a lot, and I figured he'd be getting teams from Runo, so I was expecting at least one stall, and then two offences of either the hyper or bulky variety. This was designed to prey on what felt like a semi-forced Celesteela core at the time, with firium-Z enamorus to nuke through it in the late game. Nidoking was present as an offensive Hands check and breaker into a stall with MTtar pursuit trapping a Chansey. S/o Lupla for the help with making this team as well, sorry for jumpscaring you with Nidoking right at the end lol.

:lokix: :magnezone: :latias-mega: :gastrodon: :scizor: :zapdos-galar:
This was half a meme, since jawa's main tier is UU where lokix spam is everywhere, and half a slightly offbeat choice based on discussion in the discord server. The idea was to start with a Lokix + Magnezone core to force in, trap, and remove a bug resist then win with eternal pivot pressure, making it particularly efficient into stall. Lokix also helps into a HO match up with priority spam, which was extremely helpful for the sake of teams I was mostly preparing for.

:excadrill: :thundurus-therian: :iron-moth: :iron-hands: :aerodactyl-mega: :alakazam: - Now illegal with Thundurus Therian banned
Another slight meme, using Custap hands into the inventor of the tech, but this was a slightly sneaky approach. I'm very sure that both jawa and Runo had access to the paste of the original version of this team, since it hadn't really changed from when I was spamming it before. As such, I was trying to telegraph play into the standard sets before punishing it by removing key obstacles that otherwise wouldn't have died. The main perpetrator of this was the Z-focus blast Alakazam, designed to lure and remove a Ting-lu that would otherwise be a full counter to both it and Iron Moth. Dazzling Gleam Moth was once again employed to target what felt like a forced Mega Latias to guaranteed beat Thundurus Therian, though this ended up costing me the game. Run psychic. It's better.

Week 8
:excadrill: :iron-moth: :iron-hands: :azumarill: :alakazam: :victini:
I've been playing around with fire spam a lot, since the tier is historically bad at standing up to it (see Cinderace and Ceruledge bans, as well as Iron Moth's win rate). This is my latest attempt at it. Since I was playing against one of the best players I've ever faced, I wanted to go with something slightly anti-meta rather than following the straight and narrow to try and exploit tier knowledge and surprise factor. With Latios now being banned, Z-Celebrate Victini has also gotten significantly better. With trying to snipe a Mega Latias using custap Hands or Azumarill, you could try and back Victini to sweep in most match ups.

:ribombee: :aegislash: :zapdos-galar: :terrakion: :iron-moth: :gardevoir-mega:
This was very offbeat, and almost a regression of a team I was planning for post-boulder drop. Terrakion on Webs is incredibly difficult to deal with, though its purpose here was mostly to take a kill with Z-Stone Edge then set rocks before it dies. While I wasn't expecting it from Baddy, Mega Gardevoir is almost solely on this team to screw over a random stall, which is the only match up this team can really struggle into.

Teams for the future
:ribombee: :aegislash: :zapdos-galar: :iron-moth: :gardevoir-mega: :iron-boulder:
Remember I said the Terrakion team was a regression? Here's what it was based off of. This team is meant to take advantage of the inherent speed of boulder by using webs to make it faster than everything in the game short of Mega Aerodactyl, Boots Zeraora and Scarf Zapdos-Galar. It also has just enough bulk to survive a few important hits, like the aforementioned Mega Aerodactyl's earthquake.

:excadrill: :iron-boulder: :iron-moth: :iron-hands: :aegislash: :greninja:
This was the first team I made with Boulder, since I was still figuring it out and I thought it was incredibly funny to run 3 iron mons on one team. Not much to say here that wasn't already said in the GeeGee team, only that booster boulder has such an insane speed tier that it can kind of blow past everything if it gets a boost, but it can struggle to secure KOs or break past checks in Aegislash and Skarmory, so it's going to struggle unless you can remove these first.

And that's everything I have in my builder that I used for the tournament. Some of these are better than others, and I've not shared some of the hot garbage that got discarded in the process, but hopefully these will be useful going forward for those making their own teams or just wanting to yoink someone else's.

Runo

I get imposter syndrome from playing mons!!!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
These past 2 weeks have been really taking a toll on me since I have a really bad habit of overextending myself and then burning out. So I think I might want to focus on other things instead until summer break happens (that probably means I have to cancer in some team tours I signed for so idk yet).

Top 6 is still a nice achievement so not really bitching about my loss or anything. This tier is still hella fun too and playing this tour was a pretty cool experience so I'm still gonna continue to play this tier.

Anyways here are my cool teams. I have others but they suck so who cares. No explanation for them because my goldfish memory can't remember why I added x to support y most of the time and I don't feel like making up a reason.
Sorted from most recent at the top to oldest at the bottom. Click on the mons for the teams.

:Arcanine-Hisui::Slowbro::Iron Hands::Celesteela::Gastrodon-East::Excadrill: Arc-H with Scarf Excadrill
:Skarmory::Ting-Lu::Lokix::Venusaur::Rotom-Wash::Iron Moth:Lokix Hazards
:Rotom-Wash::Ting-Lu::Celesteela::Latias-Mega::Gengar::Clefable:Gengar Hazards
:Tyranitar-Mega::Buzzwole::Gengar::Celesteela::Excadrill::Rotom-Wash:Gengar Sand
:Hydrapple::Ting-Lu::Victini::Rotom-Wash::Celesteela::Clefable:NP Hydrapple + Lorb Clefable
:Iron Hands::Latias-Mega::Celesteela::Iron Moth::Rotom-Wash::Ting-Lu:Band Iron Hands + Slowking
:Zeraora::Terrakion::Skarmory::Slowking::Ting-Lu::Venusaur-Mega:Zeraora + Band Terrakion
:Skarmory::Clefable::Ting-Lu::Latias-Mega::Jirachi::Blissey:Mega Latias Stall
:Mienshao::Slowbro::Excadrill::Latios::Tyranitar-Mega::Celesteela:Mienshao Sand (Updated Version)
:Volcanion::Ting-Lu::Tapu Bulu::Celesteela::Gardevoir-Mega::Rotom-Wash:Volcanion + Tapu Bulu
:Tyranitar-Mega::Excadrill::Latios::Celesteela::Slowbro::Keldeo-Resolute:Keldeo Sand (Updated Version)
:Aggron-Mega::Clefable::Ting-Lu::Rotom-Wash::Tapu Bulu::Victini:Mega Aggron Balance (Aegislash Variant)
:Froslass::Iron Moth::Azumarill::Celesteela::Thundurus-Therian::Alakazam:Froslass HO (Updated Version)(Excadrill Variant)
:Suicune::Iron Moth::Ting-Lu::Celesteela::Sinistcha::Mienshao:Suicune + Toxic Spikes Iron Moth
:Hippowdon::Excadrill::Dracozolt::Celesteela::Slowbro::Zarude:Counter Slowbro + Zarude Sand
:Latias::Celesteela::Clefable::Ting-Lu::Tangrowth::Suicune: Mega Latias + Suicune Fat
:Reuniclus::Clefable::Ting-Lu::Celesteela::Suicune::Ditto:Reuniclus + Suicune Fat
:Lokix::Magnezone::Slowbro::Venusaur-Mega::Ting-Lu::Enamorus:Lokix + Magnezone
:Pecharunt::Clefable::Ting-Lu::Rotom-Wash::Scizor::Thundurus-Therian:Pivot Pecharunt + SD Scizor (Updated Version)

#1 Celesteela Addict

Closing thoughts about the tier:
  • Band Iron Boulder might be the broken set but I'm not fully sure about that yet
  • Iron Hands seems managable enough (maybe idk), aside from it just being able to live random attacks idt its ever been a huge chore to check in the builder and in practice its never put me in a situation where it felt impossible to check (unless it was from skillful play)
  • I think people should stop running scarf washer as much, but its really hard to give up the insane role compression
  • Iron Moth doesn't seem that bad anymore
  • Glad Lokix was ranked but I think it has far more potential than the C-ranks
  • If all of the stall heads meetup in a lab, we can construct the perfect stall team. Until we find the perfect team it will remain a MU fish I feel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)