Ubers National Dex Ubers Stage 3.5 - I Am... All of Me [APRIL FOOLS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
:focus_sash: :marshadow: is a great offensive tool in the current NatDex Ubers landscape, not fearing top threats such as :roaring_moon: :gholdengo: :baxcalibur: :murkrow: and it even has a chance to OHKO :gothitelle: after a layer of Spikes, for all the tournament nerds out there. A moveset of Shadow Sneak, Endeavor, Rock Tomb, Spectral Thief ensures maximum effectivity against setup sweepers and many top threats. I would not recommend Poltergeist as its 90% accuracy means Spectral Thief does more damage on the long run, and if you break the opponent's :focus_sash:, a very common and good item, you can't use it anymore. The extreme consistency in which it deals with top teams is honestly overbearing on the current NatDex Ubers landscape only rivaled in consistency by :calyrex_shadow: and :miraidon: and it can not even be dealt with with tera as Tera Ghost means a Ghost weakness and Tera Normal means a Fighting weakness. And if it steals a Meteor Beam Boost from a cringemon such as :eternatus: It can start a sweep as its moves are now boosted even further with the Special Attack raise. Therefore I think Focus Sash Marshadow is banworthy
Not the Murkrow

yeah, this mon has more than earned the ban at this point. its ability to steal boosts makes it a killer of HO, balance and stall alike. HO is obvious, as it can take a hit from the superpowered offensive threats of the opponent that crush anything in their way, like dracovish, thanks to its focus sash. stall is less obvious, but think about it: spectral thief counters setup moves. setup moves are status moves. using a status move implies that you're a turn not attacking, ergo, you're stalling. therefore, setup moves are stall, and spectral thief marshadow counters stall.

some people (haters) believe that the lack of a boosting item makes it too weak at actually killing mons, but that is far from the truth. its unresisted dual STAB allows it to OHKO threats like smeargle, mega mewtwo y or even a zacian-crowned that has used close combat six times. its shadow sneak is also great for picking off foes without breaking your sash, cleanly one-shotting threats like deoxys-attack.

other haters may point out the existence of stealth rocks, but as the best players know, hazards aren't that good in the meta right now because of great hazard removers like defog lugia, spin pheromosa and iron treads, which even hits cheeky gholdengo with earthquake. so clearly, hazards won't be breaking your sash. other people will say you can just use sand, but really tyranitar fell off since it lost its niche of countering air balloon shedinja (also calyrex-s but that's mid, it's just another sashshadow victim. dunno why it got banned, probably some Big Stall scheme).

so yeah, that's why i believe focus sash marshadow should be banned from the tier. it counters every playstyle, has very few answers and can easily reverse sweep you if you don't have hazards, priority, mons with over 70 defense nor the switch out button. its only real counters is the forfeit button, closing the window you're playing showdown on, switching off your computer, or just smashing it with a hammer, as they let you avoid dealing with it. too op pls nerf

:sv/zoroark-hisui: Nominating Hisuian Zoroark from UR to A :sv/zoroark-hisui:

As the greatest NDUbers player once said, "Hisuian Zoroark is chuckling at you right now," and he's absolutely correct. The combination of Normal/Ghost completely shuts down Marshadow, as well as Extreme Killer Arceus and Arceus-Ghost, three of the metagame's msot prevalent threats. I don't mean resists by the way, I mean full on immunity. Combine this with an excellent Speed tier of 110 outspeeding Pokemon like Lunala and Rayquaza, as well as a Special Attacking stat of 125, this thing is a menace to fight against.

It's no secret that Sash Marshadow is overpowered. I mean come on, being able to effortlessly steal boosts from anyone not named Arceus and use them against you is ridiculously strong. It essentially forces you to use hazards on every team, hazards that do NOTHING in reality. Who actually runs Mega Salamence or Life Orb Yveltal for Stealth Rocks to be useful? I shouldn't have to dedicate an entire moveslot to beat Sash Marshadow! What was GameFreak thinking? I don't know why this thing was left for so long in the tier, even though weaker and easier to handle threats like Koraidon (walled by Dachsbun) and Xerneas (walled by Clodsire) were banned first. However, because NDUbers is focused around centralised threats, like the god-like Flutter Mane, we have to "adapt" as some people say. This is where Hisiuian Zoroark comes in:

Zoroark-Hisui @ Air Balloon
Ability: Illusion
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Tera Blast
- Hex
- U-turn / Focus Blast / Hyper Voice / Knock Off / Memento / Nasty Plot

Hisuian Zoroark can easily come in on the spammable Spectral Thief that Sash Marshadow always uses, before retaliating with Will-O-Wisp to shut it down from sweeping. Combine this burn with Hex and Hisuian Zoroark can deal good damage against most of the tier, while Arceus-Dark and Yveltal can't reliably come in due to them both being scared of Will-O-Wisp, unless you're Refresh Arceus-Dark, in which case I hate you get out of this ladder you freak. Tera Blast is originally STAB for Hisuian Zoroark, but in case that stupid Refresh Arceus-Dark tries acting cheeky, you can Tera Fighting to nuke his ass. There's also U-Turn which is cool, but you can use other stuff like Focus Blast to not be Tera reliant (or having a stronger Fighting STAB after Tera), Hyper Voice to bypass Substitute (I HATE PALKIA-O) and always have Normal STAB, Knock Off to get rid of items, Memento to give your team momentum once Marshadow or Arceus/-Ghost are gone, and Nasty Plot to start sweeping yourself if you think you're him (you're not). Lastly, Air Ballon prevents Earthquake Arceus from doing anything to you.

You're probably wondering, why should Hisuian Zoroark be ranked A? Isn't it actually a C- shitmon who supposedly counters only three Pokemon in the tier while being mostly deadweight everywhere else? Well, if you can beat Marshadow and Arceus, two A tier threats even though Marshadow should be S+ above Primal Groudon because Sash Marshadow is that demonic and overpowered, that immediately puts you into A tier, no questions asked. Even then, Hisuian Zoroark is much better than the other A/A- threats on the VR anyways:​

:deoxys-attack: It's soooooooooo frail and can't check ANYTHING defensively! It always loses to Marshadow unlike Zoroark who always wins. I can never get it into battle cuz it just dies! Also Marshadow is a better Focus Sash user anyways so why bother? I saw some guy run Tapu Lele or some dumb shit the other day, it was kinda lame cuz all he did was click Expanding Force 6 times against my team (somehow OHKO'd Max Spdef Cryogonal like wtf hax bro), no skill mon put it in B- with Chi Yu cuz they both click one move anyways.

:arceus-water: This thing is just a worse Kyogre!!! It should be lower its a water type that loses to Primal Groudon! Lame! It can't even come in on Kyogre cuz he just clicks Thunder and u die.

:palkia-origin: who even uses this freakazoid

:deoxys-speed: WOW. A lead? IN A-???? NDubers council what are you playing at? Wake up people why would a crappy lead mon be A- like this is so unreasonable. It can setup hazards cool but that u can just defog them away once he dies so whats the point lmfao?? Doesn't check anything defensively either and loses to sash Marshadow (unlike Zoroark).

:giratina-origin: :mewtwo-mega-y: loses to Sash Marshadow ggwp

:marshadow: should be above Primal Groudon because its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo strong and sooooooooooooooo hard to counter reliably

:arceus-fairy: this is just Xerneas ban coping like it doesn't even check sash marshadow like it can just switch out lmfao

:necrozma-dusk-mane: :arceus: loses to Sash Marshadow ggwp

So, in conclusion, because it beats Sash Marshadow and is more consistent than all of the other mons in A tier, I believe Hisuian Zoroark should be A tier in NDUbers. You're probably wondering where my replays are, and to that I say, why do I need them? Why do I need replays to prove anything? It should be obvious that this thing is A tier, RELIABLY checking all Marshadow, all Ekiller and all Ghostceus. I DON'T NEED REPLAYS FOR ANYTHING YOU SMOGON FREAKS! You guys are just jealous I'm smarter than you so you want me to go onto crappy NDUbers ladder, with stupid Shuckle teams and Deoxys-S leads misrepresenting what the tier is truly, a ladder plagued by Ho-Oh (certified shitmon) and Eternatus (loses to Zacian???), honestly it's pathetic you guys want me to be on the same level as you dweebs. Don't you guys know I have graduated at the top of my class in the Navy Seals, been involved in numerous missions surrounding Al-Quaeda, and have 300 confirmed kills? I'm simply better, I'm him. I AM HIM. I AM THAT GUY. I SHOULD BE TIER LEADER. I COULD BEAT ALL OF YOU IN BO3 WITH MY EYES CLOSED IF I FELT LIKE IT AND I WOULDN'T EVEN BE TRYING.

So anyways, thanks for reading and have a good day :3 x3​

Last edited:
I think this is an error since Bulbapedia doesn’t seem to mention this as moves Smeargle can’t learn, but Smeargle can’t learn Spectral Thief? I was going to make a point that banning Marshadow just means Smeargle would do the same things…

I think this is an error since Bulbapedia doesn’t seem to mention this as moves Smeargle can’t learn, but Smeargle can’t learn Spectral Thief? I was going to make a point that banning Marshadow just means Smeargle would do the same things…
Yes, Smeargle can learn Spectral Thief but it looks less intimidating and Spectral Thief will always fail when used by a Pokemon that isn't Marshadow and I'm totally not pulling this outta my ass right now

yeah, this mon has more than earned the ban at this point. its ability to steal boosts makes it a killer of HO, balance and stall alike. HO is obvious, as it can take a hit from the superpowered offensive threats of the opponent that crush anything in their way, like dracovish, thanks to its focus sash. stall is less obvious, but think about it: spectral thief counters setup moves. setup moves are status moves. using a status move implies that you're a turn not attacking, ergo, you're stalling. therefore, setup moves are stall, and spectral thief marshadow counters stall.

some people (haters) believe that the lack of a boosting item makes it too weak at actually killing mons, but that is far from the truth. its unresisted dual STAB allows it to OHKO threats like smeargle, mega mewtwo y or even a zacian-crowned that has used close combat six times. its shadow sneak is also great for picking off foes without breaking your sash, cleanly one-shotting threats like deoxys-attack.

other haters may point out the existence of stealth rocks, but as the best players know, hazards aren't that good in the meta right now because of great hazard removers like defog lugia, spin pheromosa and iron treads, which even hits cheeky gholdengo with earthquake. so clearly, hazards won't be breaking your sash. other people will say you can just use sand, but really tyranitar fell off since it lost its niche of countering air balloon shedinja (also calyrex-s but that's mid, it's just another sashshadow victim. dunno why it got banned, probably some Big Stall scheme).

so yeah, that's why i believe focus sash marshadow should be banned from the tier. it counters every playstyle, has very few answers and can easily reverse sweep you if you don't have hazards, priority, mons with over 70 defense nor the switch out button. its only real counters is the forfeit button, closing the window you're playing showdown on, switching off your computer, or just smashing it with a hammer, as they let you avoid dealing with it. too op pls nerf
whose gonna tell him it cannot ko a mmy at full with sneak if its -def nature
252 Atk Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 288-338 (81.5 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

whose gonna tell him it cannot ko a mmy at full with sneak if its -def nature
252 Atk Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 288-338 (81.5 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
when did i say the ko was with sneak and not specthief

that's why we have two setup control mons, you can switch in the top two ndubers threat, murkrow, to tank psystrike

that's why we have two setup control mons, you can switch in the top two ndubers threat, murkrow, to tank psystrike
unfortunatle you forgot about the theorymon that warped space to give palkia O the ability to set magic room on switch in, making ti a perfect pivot with a low atk stat to survive murkrows onslaught

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
:sv/zoroark-hisui: Nominating Hisuian Zoroark from UR to A :sv/zoroark-hisui:
:sv/tyranitar:Nominating Tyranitar to A+:sv/tyranitar-mega:

Tyranitar comes in and just Pursuit traps Hisuian Zoroark, even resisting both Normal and Ghost, minimizing the counterplay of our beloved Marshadow.

252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Fighting Zoroark-Hisui Tera Blast (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 244-292 (71.5 - 85.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

It can also force out Ho-Oh and lay Stealth Rock, let alone be a solid check to Yveltal as well,

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Yeah, AFD ended, thanks everybody for participating!

That said, as I'm seeing a rise in usage of Sash Marshadow unironically, I'll do a brief recap on why it sucks:

- Without a Life Orb or Choice Band it doesn't hit sufficiently hard to wallbreak
- Entry hazards of any kind remove its niche
- Overall it's a more inconsistent Ditto, which in itself is quite niche here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)