Project National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition v.2 (Cycle 9: Melmetal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Medicham Psyspam

https://pokepast.es/0215c0370a80d2f5

:ss/medicham-mega:
Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch

Mega Medicham is (obviously) what this team is built around. The set is pretty self explanatory. The strat dex recommends telepathy as the starting ability so ditto doesn't get pure power if it copies a untransformed medicham. Thunder Punch hits bulky waters such as slowbro.

:ss/tapu-lele:
Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Tapu lele provides psychic terrain, which powers up mega medicham's zen headbutt. CM Tapu lele is a great stallbreaker, and it and mmedicham beat each other's defensive checks. Fightinium Z allows tapu lele to reliably break through a steel.

:ss/weavile:
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Psychic types resist both psychic and fighting, so weavile was added to pursuit trap them. It also helps theaten landorus and gliscor to mega medicham. Weavile also acts as speed control.

:ss/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

Corv acts as the team's steel type and defogger. It also checks many threatening physical attackers such as kartana. Rocky Helmet may be run in place of leftovers, but I prefer leftovers recovery. Evs were stolen from the strat dex.

:ss/rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-W acts as our special wall and bulky water. Will o wisp over twave to help in the rain MU with mega swampert, as well as punish grounds that switch in. Evs were stolen from the strat dex.

:ss/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Lando is our team's ground type and stealth rocker. It works well with corviknight to check many physical attackersEVs were stolen from the strat dex.

Building process:
:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele:
I knew these two made a good core and I wanted to build around them.
:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :weavile:
Weavile traps psychic types and provides knock off support.
:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :weavile: :corviknight:
Weavile was weak to hazards, and all my breakers were pretty frail. Corviknight was chosen to remove hazards and help my breakers get in.
:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :weavile: :corviknight: :rotom-wash:
Rotom wash worked well with corviknight as an additional rain check and special sponge. Volt switch was also extremely useful.
:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :weavile: :corviknight: :rotom-wash: :landorus-therian:
I needed a rocker and ground, so lando was the obvious choice.

Will to threat list later

Last edited:
:medicham-mega: :weavile: :rotom-wash: :clefable: :melmetal: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/f6e8ac1427fed978

Basic BO built around the classic MediVile core. SpD Washtom + Helmet Clef offers ways to check stuff like Heatran, Ash-Gren, Mega Lopunny, etc while also providing Defog + SR. HWish on Clef gives a bit more leeway to both the wallbreakers and other pivots of the team by offering a second chance. Melm offers a check to Psychics & Fairies among other things like Weavile and both Ttar forms while also being a fearsome wallbreaker and helping spread Paralysis alongside Washtom for Medi. Scarf Lando offers additional speed control, as well as electric and ground immunities. HP Fire is to more easily rk Kartana given the team otherwise struggles with it a bit and 40 SpA EVs allow you to 2HKO OffSciz despite the -SpA nature.

Last edited:

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Voting is up! Ends Sunday!

Team A

Mega Medicham Psyspam

https://pokepast.es/0215c0370a80d2f5

:ss/medicham-mega:
Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch

Mega Medicham is (obviously) what this team is built around. The set is pretty self explanatory. The strat dex recommends telepathy as the starting ability so ditto doesn't get pure power if it copies a untransformed medicham. Thunder Punch hits bulky waters such as slowbro.

:ss/tapu-lele:
Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Tapu lele provides psychic terrain, which powers up mega medicham's zen headbutt. CM Tapu lele is a great stallbreaker, and it and mmedicham beat each other's defensive checks. Fightinium Z allows tapu lele to reliably break through a steel.

:ss/weavile:
Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Psychic types resist both psychic and fighting, so weavile was added to pursuit trap them. It also helps theaten landorus and gliscor to mega medicham. Weavile also acts as speed control.

:ss/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

Corv acts as the team's steel type and defogger. It also checks many threatening physical attackers such as kartana. Rocky Helmet may be run in place of leftovers, but I prefer leftovers recovery. Evs were stolen from the strat dex.

:ss/rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-W acts as our special wall and bulky water. Will o wisp over twave to help in the rain MU with mega swampert, as well as punish grounds that switch in. Evs were stolen from the strat dex.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Lando is our team's ground type and stealth rocker. It works well with corviknight to check many physical attackersEVs were stolen from the strat dex.

Building process:
:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele:
I knew these two made a good core and I wanted to build around them.
:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :weavile:
Weavile traps psychic types and provides knock off support.
:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :weavile: :corviknight:
Weavile was weak to hazards, and all my breakers were pretty frail. Corviknight was chosen to remove hazards and help my breakers get in.
:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :weavile: :corviknight: :rotom-wash:
Rotom wash worked well with corviknight as an additional rain check and special sponge. Volt switch was also extremely useful.
:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :weavile: :corviknight: :rotom-wash: :landorus-therian:
I needed a rocker and ground, so lando was the obvious choice.

Will to threat list later
Team B
:medicham-mega: :weavile: :rotom-wash: :clefable: :melmetal: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/f6e8ac1427fed978

Basic BO built around the classic MediVile core. SpD Washtom + Helmet Clef offers ways to check stuff like Heatran, Ash-Gren, Mega Lopunny, etc while also providing Defog + SR. HWish on Clef gives a bit more leeway to both the wallbreakers and other pivots of the team by offering a second chance. Melm offers a check to Psychics & Fairies among other things like Weavile and The Ttar while also being a fearsome wallbreaker and helping spread Paralysis alongside Washtom for Medi. Scarf Lando offers additional speed control, as well as electric and ground immunities. HP Fire is to more easily rk Kartana given the team otherwise struggles with it a bit and 40 SpA EVs allow you to 2HKO OffSciz despite the -SpA nature.

Lop gren

:ss/greninja:
Greninja (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Spikes

Of all the protean greninja sets, this is my favorite as it exerts high amount of offensive pressure without being worn down by hazards.

:ss/lopunny-mega:
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Spikes stacks forces opponent into uncomfortable situations. These 2 also happens to destroy most of their switch ins, with u-turn making the full use of that. Lando, zap and fairies dies to gren whereas lop thrashes heatran, zone and among others. The move also provides switch ins to the other fierce offensive teammates here. oh and pex? u-turn to lele and they know what is despair.

:ss/gastrodon:
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Clear Smog

Clef, mega latias, koko, ash gren and other waters are troublesome here, so gastro is here to provide a reliable defensive backbone against them. Clear smog makes sure the CM boosters doesn't go out of hand/

:ss/zapdos:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Grass types are a tough MU here, and we need a defogger, so i settled with zapdos(IMO one of if not the best fogger). Also helps a bit in dealing with the water types department since gastro sometimes is a bit too passive when it's just throwing off scalds, and it's a bit frail on the physical defense side.

:ss/heatran:
Heatran @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Steel Beam

Stealth rock is needed in order for spikes to have full effect, so i chose heatran, which is ridiculously hard to switch into. Steelium ensures grounds won't be coming in scot free, since most of them just die to corkscrew crash. It also ensures fini and glisc can't actually fog away the hazards. Oh and it also assists in dealing with tapu lele, which is majorly troublesome.

:ss/tapu lele:
Tapu Lele @ Twisted Spoon
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

With para support + both lop and gren, i figured i could probably get away without any scarfers and i wanted a cleaner that has enough raw power unboosted, so twisted spoon tapu lele is what came to my mind, with it potentially even bluffing specs. U-turn from the first 2 mons also helps to get it in and start the snowball effect.

I made this for last week but wasn't able to post it.

:greninja: :diancie-mega: :tapu-koko: :landorus-therian: :heatran: :rotom-wash:

Greninja's spikes support diancie's wallbreaking and help tapu koko sweep. Greninja also kills several of their checks. Gleam is an option on koko if prefered. Lando provides two immunities, removal, and pivoting. Tran provides rocks and a stallbreaker. Rotom-W checks threats that lando and tran can't such as greninja and rain.

3A lead lando HO

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Explosion

Scummy me want to take the lazy route and just build HO with lead lando. One interesting change i made is changing swords dance to knock off. It may seem useless but i figured it could bring more utility to the table compared to a boosted explosion, as knocking the items of defoggers will make it easier to be overwhelmed, or even non foggers that counters lando such as skarm will not appreciate that as for example, once threatened out, hawlucha could SD later as skarm switchs in with rocks up and Cc twice as it couldn't iron defense, saving major rocky helmet damage(1/6 x 2 or 106 HP).

:ss/manaphy:
Manaphy @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

With such an obvious giveaway to being HO, weavile and ash greninja(min 4 hits of water shuriken needed/25% but we don't take risks) are common ways to antilead, and i figured manaphy is the best antilead to the antilead for a HO. Serp is super annoying to switch into for this team since nothing is getting away without para or being outright KOed so here's a rindo berry to surprise it. Also helps against a scary timid SD kart why not

:ss/kartana:
Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Listen idk why but i just dislike it when ferro just clicks leech seed and i need to go to another mon, playing predictions game, so i slotted kartana. Decently fast mon on it's own right and SD LO is super scary to switch into if you don't have a mega latias with rocks up.

:ss/kyurem:
Kyurem @ Icium Z
EVs: 56 HP / 40 Atk / 232 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Icicle Spear

Just something to switch in against zapdo after lando is down(or even koko once it's confirmed there's no specs). DD goes brrr and icium picks up KOes faster if you really need it

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

I'm starting to get addicted using this set, though it may not sweep, it truly skyrockets the offensive pressure exerted to the opponent. It also sets the stage up for hawlucha, who is a more devestating sweeper.

:ss/hawlucha:
Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat

Makes sure fast threats doesn't get out of hand. SD Dual STABs go brrrr. No one likes seeing this on preview without proper counters

Milo

I'm Your Man
Voting is up! Ends Sunday!

Team A
I made this for last week but wasn't able to post it.

:greninja: :diancie-mega: :tapu-koko: :landorus-therian: :heatran: :rotom-wash:

Greninja's spikes support diancie's wallbreaking and help tapu koko sweep. Greninja also kills several of their checks. Gleam is an option on koko if prefered. Lando provides two immunities, removal, and pivoting. Tran provides rocks and a stallbreaker. Rotom-W checks threats that lando and tran can't such as greninja and rain.
Team B
3A lead lando HO

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Explosion

Scummy me want to take the lazy route and just build HO with lead lando. One interesting change i made is changing swords dance to knock off. It may seem useless but i figured it could bring more utility to the table compared to a boosted explosion, as knocking the items of defoggers will make it easier to be overwhelmed, or even non foggers that counters lando such as skarm will not appreciate that as for example, once threatened out, hawlucha could SD later as skarm switchs in with rocks up and Cc twice as it couldn't iron defense, saving major rocky helmet damage(1/6 x 2 or 106 HP).

:ss/manaphy:
Manaphy @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

With such an obvious giveaway to being HO, weavile and ash greninja(min 4 hits of water shuriken needed/25% but we don't take risks) are common ways to antilead, and i figured manaphy is the best antilead to the antilead for a HO. Serp is super annoying to switch into for this team since nothing is getting away without para or being outright KOed so here's a rindo berry to surprise it. Also helps against a scary timid SD kart why not

:ss/kartana:
Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Listen idk why but i just dislike it when ferro just clicks leech seed and i need to go to another mon, playing predictions game, so i slotted kartana. Decently fast mon on it's own right and SD LO is super scary to switch into if you don't have a mega latias with rocks up.

Kyurem @ Icium Z
EVs: 56 HP / 40 Atk / 232 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Icicle Spear

Just something to switch in against zapdo after lando is down(or even koko once it's confirmed there's no specs). DD goes brrr and icium picks up KOes faster if you really need it

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

I'm starting to get addicted using this set, though it may not sweep, it truly skyrockets the offensive pressure exerted to the opponent. It also sets the stage up for hawlucha, who is a more devestating sweeper.

:ss/hawlucha:
Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat

Makes sure fast threats doesn't get out of hand. SD Dual STABs go brrrr. No one likes seeing this on preview without proper counters

Z Kyurem Balance
:Kyurem: :Mew: :Scizor-Mega: :Gliscor: :Toxapex: :Victini:
Kyurem @ Icium Z
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Starting off with a pretty solid Kyurem set, 3atk roost Kyurem finds a midground between specs and subroost sets, losing the damage that specs provides and the protection or stalling capability of subroost. In exchange, 3atk sets offer the ability to swap moves on the fly and avoid potentially nasty 50/50's to be able to break down several defensive cores. Freeze-Dry lets kyurem click without fear of being walled by water types, while Earth Power lets Kyurem deal with Heatran mainly, but also any other steel types that aren't named Scizor/Ferrothorn/Corviknight/Skarmory. The latter two can be chunked pretty hard by Freeze-Dry if they don't respect Kyurem, but Hidden Power Fire offers a higher damage option into both, as well as doing huge damage to Scizor and Ferrothorn, should they swap in.

252+ SpA Kyurem Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 84-99 (23.8 - 28.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Kyurem Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 72-85 (20.4 - 24.1%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Kyurem Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 192-228 (54.5 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Kyurem Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 166-196 (47.1 - 55.6%) -- 19.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Kyurem Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Scizor: 268-316 (78.1 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Kyurem Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Scizor-Mega: 228-272 (66.4 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Kyurem Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 292-344 (103.9 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 264-312 (67.5 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Due to Ferrothorn's lack of consistent recovery, nailing a single predict with HP Fire can make Ferrothorn unable to check Kyurem in future situations, and even force it to swap out or protect(should it run it) that turn. Alternatively, in situations where you don't want to be blindly clicking HP Fire, Ferrothorn is unable to take too many hits from Freeze-Dry or Earth Power or else it leaves itself in range of a surprise KO from HP Fire. While Mega Scizor tends to be equipped with Roost as more reliable recovery, it also takes notably more damage from HP Fire, and can never threaten an OHKO back with Bullet Punch, meaning if it is the main check to Kyurem, you can often choose to take the damage to remove Scizor, roosting at a later date.
Roost allows Kyurem to somewhat circumvent the damage from Stealth Rocks, due to not running Heavy Duty Boots, as well as recover HP from chip damage when mons afraid of a KO swap out. A modest nature is chosen to deal more damage, as the main speed tiers timid offers can be handled relatively well. Timid notably speed ties with Lele, while outpacing offensive Landorus-Therian, Mega Garchomp, Jolly Excadrill, Modest Zapdos, Adamant Mega Medicham, Jolly Rillaboom and max speed Kommo-o sets. Many of these situations and sets tend to be on the rarer side, and the damage buff from Modest feels nicer in my opinion, but this is a part of the set that can be changed to preference. Icium Z can also be replaced by Never-Melt Ice, for the added consistency it provides, but with no other slot being used for a Z-Move it gives the option of Icium Z which can be quite potent. Non Z sets tend to opt for Ice Beam over HP Fire, to better deal with would be checks in Clefable, Corviknight and Reuniclus, but Icium Z is what allows Kyurem to better break these mons.

252+ SpA Kyurem Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 273-322 (69.2 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Kyurem Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 72 SpD Corviknight: 264-312 (66 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Kyurem Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 212 SpD Corviknight: 229-270 (57.2 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Kyurem Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Reuniclus: 288-339 (67.9 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Icium Z gives Kyurem a damage threshold at which it can instantly and usually unexpectedly drop one of it's checks, and in the case of Clefable and Corviknight, extremely push forward the gamestate, removing the ability the set hazards or remove hazards for the opponent, as well as make it much harder to switch into Kyurem as the game progresses.

:ss/mew:
Mew @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled

Kyurem is rather difficult to check defensively, but is much easier to punish offensively, while not a horrible speed tier, Kyurem's base 95 can leave a lot to be desired, especially being below the base 100 baseline. Mons such as Jolly Mega Medicham, Mega Lopunny or base Garchomp can outspeed Kyurem regardless of Kyurem's nature and threaten an OHKO, so a check to these offensive threats is required for Kyurem to function more effectively. Mew is a great choice, being able to check all 3 and compress other roles while doing so. Mew has the option to set Spikes, making it even harder for opponents to defensively check Kyurem, as well as Will-o-wisp the aforementioned threats, or anything that would try to swap into Mew without being immune in some regard (Heatran/Magic Guard/ etc). These make mew a strong pick at punishing the main weaknesses Kyurem has. Soft-Boiled is the standard recovery choice for Mew, to give it a lot more long term value. The EV spread is a standard variant that allows Mew to outpace adamant Rillaboom, helping alleviate Scizor of some pressure in those matchups. Rocky Helmet is what I've currently been running to help punish Mega Lopunny particularly, but also the likes of Mega Medicham and Triple Axel Weavile. Heavy-Duty Boots are another common choice that means in games where it's harder to defog consistently, Mew takes less chip damage when pivoting a lot, and also allows Mew to consistently check Mega Medicham, as opposed to being a more inconsistent check if Hazards are up. Finally, Knock Off is the chosen move choice over Earthquake. Gliscor operates as a strong Heatran check, with the exception of Z move variants. Knock Off allows you to still scout for said Z move sets when Heatran may switch in, while simultaneously removing Heavy-Duty Boots and Leftovers/Black Sludge from opposing walls, allowing you to push the gamestate ahead and make it harder for the opponent to defensively check Kyurem with the loss of their recovery, or ability to avoid Hazards damage. If Heatran ends up being a much larger issue long term, opting for Earthquake is a fine choice, to better punish Heatran for swapping in.

:sm/scizor-mega:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Just as mew covers the main weaknesses Kyurem has, Mega Scizor is great at patching the issues Mew has, namely pursuit trappers / dark types like Weavile or Tyranitar (excluding mixed Tyranitar sets running fire coverage). It also provides a strong late game cleaner in the form of Swords Dance + Bullet Punch, which can reliably clean against teams once Kyurem has managed to chunk or KO the main answers that may otherwise be problematic. Roost gives Mega Scizor a lot of longevity and allows for it to be used as a pivot. U-Turn makes Scizor great at pivoting, and many would be Scizor checks like Toxapex can be more easily lured to allow Kyurem to come back in and go back to dealing damage. The given EV spread is standard to allow Mega Scizor to avoid a 2HKO from choice banded kartana after rocks damage while maximising special bulk. Light Metal is the chosen pre-mega ability mainly for the rare situations Ditto transforms into a pre-mega Scizor.

:ss/gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 188 SpD / 24 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Heatran can be an issue with the current lineup, and a defogger is needed to help both Kyurem and Mew, Gliscor fits the bill pretty well. It can soak status conditions similar to Fini(another consideration), while better dealing with Heatran and not disrupting Mew's ability to use Will-o-wisp. U-Turn lets Gliscor pivot out of bad situations and maintain momentum, which is great to have in a defogger, but Knock Off is worth experimenting with, especially on builds where Mew is running EQ instead of Knock, to do the same job. The EV spread remains a standard spread that allows Gliscor to outspeed Modest Heatran and better swap into it, while the defence lets Gliscor swap into a Play Rough from Mega Mawile unboosted, then not be KO'd by Sucker Punch. Running 100 SpD / 112 Spe is something I am also testing to always outspeed Heatran, even if Timid. Notably Timid Heatran has a good chance to 2HKO via Magma Storm, and a guaranteed 2HKO if they have and use Z, while the reduced SpD spread makes it harder to swap into Modest Heatran and can force you to always have to click roost in certain gamestates.

:ss/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Toxapex fills the role of another strong pivot, being able to swap into opposing waters that the team doesn't appreciate, such as Greninja. The given EV spread is standard allowing for 2 Choice Banded Knock Offs from Weavile to be eaten, as well as living a +2 Leaf Blade from Swords Dance Kartana. The remainder is invested in SpD to better check Ash Greninja sets. Scald burns can be great to get, especially on opposing checks to Kyurem. Toxic can put opposing mons on a timer which is appreciated by the entire team, but can easily be Toxic Spikes to discourage pivoting, I'm just not particularly a fan of Toxic Spikes. Knock Off can also be slotted in here, if not chosen on Mew or Gliscor.

:sm/victini:
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Final Gambit
- Trick

Finally Victini is a mon I quite like to slot in at the end. Some form of speed control and a revenge killer was what I was looking for to round off the team, and Victini fit pretty well. It has the ability to deal with Grass Types like Rillaboom, Serperior and Kartana that can be frustrating to deal with, as well as punch holes in teams with it's strong V-Create STAB, punishing Steel types a lot. It can also pivot extremely well with U-Turn, or neuter many defensive mons by tricking a choice scarf onto them when a revenge killer is less necessary. Scarf Victini also notably revenge kills Mega Medicham and Lopunny quite well, or can outright force them out if given a chance to come in freely via one of the other pivots. Final Gambit can be used to outright delete several defensive walls from the game, at the cost of Victini itself, but can allow for Kyurem to simply win from that point on if successful at eliminating the main check to Kyurem. The max HP investment designed to maximise Final Gambit's damage also allows for Victini to be used as a defensive pivot with it's good type and natural bulk.

Sub Metronome Kyu
:kyurem::magnezone::greninja::clefable::tapu fini::landorus-therian:
I wanted to use Metronome Kyu as to be an annoying stallbreaker and tear up holes in defensive cores. Magnezone gets Corviknight, Skarmory, Kartana, and MScizor for Kyurem. Scarf Greninja gives speed control and a 90% reliable Volcarona answer if it only reaches +1 Speed. Clefable has Thudner Wave to slow down 'mons for Kyurem, and it cripples Volcarona. The spread was given to me by a friend as it lived neutral hits more easily and gets 3HKO'd by Fire Blast Volcarona. It's also Unaware to handle setup sweepers. Tapu Fini is basic Defog set which loses to hazards because we all love that and can't get enough of it, but it has Z-Haze to better handle opposing Greninja and Weavile while also stopping setup attempts. And, Landorus-Therian is just basic Stealth Rock + U-turn with the EV spread letting it outspeed Magnezone and get 3HKOed by SpDef Heatran's Magma Storm. It's also Rocky Helmet to get some chip on opponents. (It also makes every item unique, which is always a nice accomplishment [when you don't spam Leftovers.].)

Milo

I'm Your Man
Voting is up! Ends tomorrow!
Z Kyurem Balance
:Kyurem: :Mew: :Scizor-Mega: :Gliscor: :Toxapex: :Victini:
Kyurem @ Icium Z
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Starting off with a pretty solid Kyurem set, 3atk roost Kyurem finds a midground between specs and subroost sets, losing the damage that specs provides and the protection or stalling capability of subroost. In exchange, 3atk sets offer the ability to swap moves on the fly and avoid potentially nasty 50/50's to be able to break down several defensive cores. Freeze-Dry lets kyurem click without fear of being walled by water types, while Earth Power lets Kyurem deal with Heatran mainly, but also any other steel types that aren't named Scizor/Ferrothorn/Corviknight/Skarmory. The latter two can be chunked pretty hard by Freeze-Dry if they don't respect Kyurem, but Hidden Power Fire offers a higher damage option into both, as well as doing huge damage to Scizor and Ferrothorn, should they swap in.

252+ SpA Kyurem Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 84-99 (23.8 - 28.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Kyurem Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 72-85 (20.4 - 24.1%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Kyurem Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 192-228 (54.5 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Kyurem Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 166-196 (47.1 - 55.6%) -- 19.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Kyurem Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Scizor: 268-316 (78.1 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Kyurem Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Scizor-Mega: 228-272 (66.4 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Kyurem Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 292-344 (103.9 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 264-312 (67.5 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Due to Ferrothorn's lack of consistent recovery, nailing a single predict with HP Fire can make Ferrothorn unable to check Kyurem in future situations, and even force it to swap out or protect(should it run it) that turn. Alternatively, in situations where you don't want to be blindly clicking HP Fire, Ferrothorn is unable to take too many hits from Freeze-Dry or Earth Power or else it leaves itself in range of a surprise KO from HP Fire. While Mega Scizor tends to be equipped with Roost as more reliable recovery, it also takes notably more damage from HP Fire, and can never threaten an OHKO back with Bullet Punch, meaning if it is the main check to Kyurem, you can often choose to take the damage to remove Scizor, roosting at a later date.
Roost allows Kyurem to somewhat circumvent the damage from Stealth Rocks, due to not running Heavy Duty Boots, as well as recover HP from chip damage when mons afraid of a KO swap out. A modest nature is chosen to deal more damage, as the main speed tiers timid offers can be handled relatively well. Timid notably speed ties with Lele, while outpacing offensive Landorus-Therian, Mega Garchomp, Jolly Excadrill, Modest Zapdos, Adamant Mega Medicham, Jolly Rillaboom and max speed Kommo-o sets. Many of these situations and sets tend to be on the rarer side, and the damage buff from Modest feels nicer in my opinion, but this is a part of the set that can be changed to preference. Icium Z can also be replaced by Never-Melt Ice, for the added consistency it provides, but with no other slot being used for a Z-Move it gives the option of Icium Z which can be quite potent. Non Z sets tend to opt for Ice Beam over HP Fire, to better deal with would be checks in Clefable, Corviknight and Reuniclus, but Icium Z is what allows Kyurem to better break these mons.

252+ SpA Kyurem Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 273-322 (69.2 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Kyurem Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 72 SpD Corviknight: 264-312 (66 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Kyurem Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 212 SpD Corviknight: 229-270 (57.2 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Kyurem Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Reuniclus: 288-339 (67.9 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Icium Z gives Kyurem a damage threshold at which it can instantly and usually unexpectedly drop one of it's checks, and in the case of Clefable and Corviknight, extremely push forward the gamestate, removing the ability the set hazards or remove hazards for the opponent, as well as make it much harder to switch into Kyurem as the game progresses.

:ss/mew:
Mew @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled

Kyurem is rather difficult to check defensively, but is much easier to punish offensively, while not a horrible speed tier, Kyurem's base 95 can leave a lot to be desired, especially being below the base 100 baseline. Mons such as Jolly Mega Medicham, Mega Lopunny or base Garchomp can outspeed Kyurem regardless of Kyurem's nature and threaten an OHKO, so a check to these offensive threats is required for Kyurem to function more effectively. Mew is a great choice, being able to check all 3 and compress other roles while doing so. Mew has the option to set Spikes, making it even harder for opponents to defensively check Kyurem, as well as Will-o-wisp the aforementioned threats, or anything that would try to swap into Mew without being immune in some regard (Heatran/Magic Guard/ etc). These make mew a strong pick at punishing the main weaknesses Kyurem has. Soft-Boiled is the standard recovery choice for Mew, to give it a lot more long term value. The EV spread is a standard variant that allows Mew to outpace adamant Rillaboom, helping alleviate Scizor of some pressure in those matchups. Rocky Helmet is what I've currently been running to help punish Mega Lopunny particularly, but also the likes of Mega Medicham and Triple Axel Weavile. Heavy-Duty Boots are another common choice that means in games where it's harder to defog consistently, Mew takes less chip damage when pivoting a lot, and also allows Mew to consistently check Mega Medicham, as opposed to being a more inconsistent check if Hazards are up. Finally, Knock Off is the chosen move choice over Earthquake. Gliscor operates as a strong Heatran check, with the exception of Z move variants. Knock Off allows you to still scout for said Z move sets when Heatran may switch in, while simultaneously removing Heavy-Duty Boots and Leftovers/Black Sludge from opposing walls, allowing you to push the gamestate ahead and make it harder for the opponent to defensively check Kyurem with the loss of their recovery, or ability to avoid Hazards damage. If Heatran ends up being a much larger issue long term, opting for Earthquake is a fine choice, to better punish Heatran for swapping in.

:sm/scizor-mega:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Just as mew covers the main weaknesses Kyurem has, Mega Scizor is great at patching the issues Mew has, namely pursuit trappers / dark types like Weavile or Tyranitar (excluding mixed Tyranitar sets running fire coverage). It also provides a strong late game cleaner in the form of Swords Dance + Bullet Punch, which can reliably clean against teams once Kyurem has managed to chunk or KO the main answers that may otherwise be problematic. Roost gives Mega Scizor a lot of longevity and allows for it to be used as a pivot. U-Turn makes Scizor great at pivoting, and many would be Scizor checks like Toxapex can be more easily lured to allow Kyurem to come back in and go back to dealing damage. The given EV spread is standard to allow Mega Scizor to avoid a 2HKO from choice banded kartana after rocks damage while maximising special bulk. Light Metal is the chosen pre-mega ability mainly for the rare situations Ditto transforms into a pre-mega Scizor.

:ss/gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 188 SpD / 24 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Heatran can be an issue with the current lineup, and a defogger is needed to help both Kyurem and Mew, Gliscor fits the bill pretty well. It can soak status conditions similar to Fini(another consideration), while better dealing with Heatran and not disrupting Mew's ability to use Will-o-wisp. U-Turn lets Gliscor pivot out of bad situations and maintain momentum, which is great to have in a defogger, but Knock Off is worth experimenting with, especially on builds where Mew is running EQ instead of Knock, to do the same job. The EV spread remains a standard spread that allows Gliscor to outspeed Modest Heatran and better swap into it, while the defence lets Gliscor swap into a Play Rough from Mega Mawile unboosted, then not be KO'd by Sucker Punch. Running 100 SpD / 112 Spe is something I am also testing to always outspeed Heatran, even if Timid. Notably Timid Heatran has a good chance to 2HKO via Magma Storm, and a guaranteed 2HKO if they have and use Z, while the reduced SpD spread makes it harder to swap into Modest Heatran and can force you to always have to click roost in certain gamestates.

:ss/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Toxapex fills the role of another strong pivot, being able to swap into opposing waters that the team doesn't appreciate, such as Greninja. The given EV spread is standard allowing for 2 Choice Banded Knock Offs from Weavile to be eaten, as well as living a +2 Leaf Blade from Swords Dance Kartana. The remainder is invested in SpD to better check Ash Greninja sets. Scald burns can be great to get, especially on opposing checks to Kyurem. Toxic can put opposing mons on a timer which is appreciated by the entire team, but can easily be Toxic Spikes to discourage pivoting, I'm just not particularly a fan of Toxic Spikes. Knock Off can also be slotted in here, if not chosen on Mew or Gliscor.

:sm/victini:
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Final Gambit
- Trick

Finally Victini is a mon I quite like to slot in at the end. Some form of speed control and a revenge killer was what I was looking for to round off the team, and Victini fit pretty well. It has the ability to deal with Grass Types like Rillaboom, Serperior and Kartana that can be frustrating to deal with, as well as punch holes in teams with it's strong V-Create STAB, punishing Steel types a lot. It can also pivot extremely well with U-Turn, or neuter many defensive mons by tricking a choice scarf onto them when a revenge killer is less necessary. Scarf Victini also notably revenge kills Mega Medicham and Lopunny quite well, or can outright force them out if given a chance to come in freely via one of the other pivots. Final Gambit can be used to outright delete several defensive walls from the game, at the cost of Victini itself, but can allow for Kyurem to simply win from that point on if successful at eliminating the main check to Kyurem. The max HP investment designed to maximise Final Gambit's damage also allows for Victini to be used as a defensive pivot with it's good type and natural bulk.
Sub Metronome Kyu
:kyurem::magnezone::greninja::clefable::tapu fini::landorus-therian:
I wanted to use Metronome Kyu as to be an annoying stallbreaker and tear up holes in defensive cores. Magnezone gets Corviknight, Skarmory, Kartana, and MScizor for Kyurem. Scarf Greninja gives speed control and a 90% reliable Volcarona answer if it only reaches +1 Speed. Clefable has Thudner Wave to slow down 'mons for Kyurem, and it cripples Volcarona. The spread was given to me by a friend as it lived neutral hits more easily and gets 3HKO'd by Fire Blast Volcarona. It's also Unaware to handle setup sweepers. Tapu Fini is basic Defog set which loses to hazards because we all love that and can't get enough of it, but it has Z-Haze to better handle opposing Greninja and Weavile while also stopping setup attempts. And, Landorus-Therian is just basic Stealth Rock + U-turn with the EV spread letting it outspeed Magnezone and get 3HKOed by SpDef Heatran's Magma Storm. It's also Rocky Helmet to get some chip on opponents. (It also makes every item unique, which is always a nice accomplishment [when you don't spam Leftovers.].)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)