Project National Dex OU Team Bazaar

Mega Blastoise Balance

:ss/Blastoise-Mega: :ss/Serperior: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Slowbro: :ss/Chansey: :ss/Ditto:

https://pokepast.es/2f793f8f4dabf59f

Now I know after looking at these Pokemon it looks more like semi-stall, but 90% of the time on Slowbro and Chansey you are clicking Teleport. But let me explain how the team works. It is no question Blastoise is one of the most broken Megas in the tier, and its best check is Tapu Fini. So as to counter Tapu Fini, I brought Serperior. If Tapu Fini Defogs you get an evasion boost. If it Moonblasts you have a 30% chance to get a spa boost. With leftovers it can be on the field much longer and it serves as a pretty good Defoger. Heatran is something I see paired with Tapu Fini a lot, so to deal with that I used Landorus-T. This also gave me a much needed rocker. I then added Slowbro and Chansey because they check around 80-85% of the tier extremely well, and finally I used Ditto so I could have a reliable scarf and not be swept by opposing Blastoise.

I am extremely new to National Dex, but after about a week plus of playing, I went 43-13 in the tier and I am currently 1607. There were about 6-7 hax losses mixed in but what can you expect from the game we play.

image0.png

This team does not struggle with much, but there are a few problems. Spdef Bulk Up Corviknight is an absolute monster vs this team if you dont get a scald burn. Otherwise with rocky helmet and playing around with chansey and slowbro you can definitely beat it. Unaware Clefable can be very annoying if Chansey and Serperior are dead. Tornadus-T can prove to be a problem with the right partners because it always knocks off Chansey's eviolite. The only other problem I have run into on the ladder is Sub Cmind Keldeo, but I have only seen it once.

I think this is a very strong team and I hope everyone enjoys it. I am going to continue to play Nat Dex so if I get any higher or make any changes I will update this.

So this is the team I've been using for the past few weeks, and I've found a ton of success with it, reaching #1 on the ladder (my peak until now is 1937) (I can't put the little images of the pokemon, don't know how lol).
https://pokepast.es/77888fcb917cab51

How the team works:

Donphan : Everyone who fought me be the past few years (my alts are mostly Lef Deppard and Jon Bovi) knows that my signature 'mon is Donphan. He's the spinner on the team, checks common SR setters (chomp, lando-t, paralyzed heatran, drill) and threatens them with a combination of EQ, Ice shard and Knock off. With max attack investment coming off a base 120 attack stat, this thing hits pretty hard, which can surprise many opponents (after SR damage, this thing 2HKOs specially defensive Mega-Sableye).

Staraptor : Another one of my favourites, Raptor shreds fast, offensive mons with its reckless boosted attacks. And yes, I can hear you say "why use this angry bird when there are better scarfers like kartana and lando?". Although it is slower than kartana and frailer than lando, the sheer force of a physical flying STAB move is something most teams are not very prepared for. Even its counters like zapdos, rotom-w and ferrothorn are 2HKO by the right move.

Metagross : Cleans weakened teams or busts through them slowly but surely, the combination of it and Raptor puts a lot of pressure on opposing teams. Priority with bullet punch helps vs set up sweepers and scarf darmanitan, while the combination of Meteor mash, Zen headbutt and TPunch creates a lot of headaches for stall, balance and offensive teams.

Zapdos : Counters lots of physical threats (melmetal, scizor, gyarados, kartana, tornadus-t, etc.), provides toxic support to put a timer on the quagsires of the world, and can even spread paralysis with the combination of Static and Discharge.

Slowbro : Walls the threats Zapdos can't really cover (and vice-versa) such as G-Darmanitan, Dracovish (keep the rocks off the field, or else it 2HKOs), Mega-Metagross, Mega-Lopunny, Mega-Medicham, Swords Dance Gliscor, etc. The underrated move that no one is talking about is Teleport : if your opponents stay in, you put a correct check on the field; if they switch out, you gain momentum once again. With the combination of it and Rocky helmet damage, passive damage will rack up against the opponent, which helps a lot during a long match.

Clefable : The special sponge on the team, Clef is our answer to Mega-Blastoise (while it's still in the tier), specially-based Greninja, Mega-Alakazam, Specs Dragapult, Tapu Lele, etc. The queen of role compression, she brings SR and paralysis support to the team. With the Magic Guard ability, she doesn't give a damn about poison or burn status, while not stressing about hazard damage.

Never really posted here before but I have 2 teams i really like, I laddered with the 2 below to 1600 (in one morning and now i'm exhausted) and really like them. I know 1600 isn't much but just proof that these teams are decent.
1587845284160.png

1587845151754.png

1587845167281.png

https://pokepast.es/c700781443a51802
https://pokepast.es/56b4feca6531bf19
These teams are variants of each other built around bulky volc.
I'll try to enter in desc later if i remember

https://pokepast.es/c51a6296ebef5765

This is my team. It's pretty cool. Any advice?
Breloom is generally considered unviable, but if it's working for you, great. That said, I think Magnezone would be a much better partner, as it can trap bulky steel types that wall your grass-spam core of Bulu and Kartana (namely Corviknight, but others are relevant).

Heatran has little to no use for wil-o-wisp; try taunt or toxic instead, to punish walls like Chansey. If you want to try out some "heat", scarf Golem-A can trap and OHKO Heatran with EQ (without grassy terrain); at least 2HKO Ferrothorn and Scizor with fire punch; and at least 2HKO Corviknight with wild charge. It could replace Breloom/Magnezone.

If you want triple grass spam, you're probably better off using Serperior over Breloom. Serperior hits Tangrowth much harder than physical grass types, which can otherwise come in on your grass types quite easily.

Edit: if you use Golem-A, I recommend using eject button on Toxapex; Toxapex can then switch in on an attack, and switch directly out to Golem to trap the attacker. Fun fact, if a Pokemon, like Scizor, uses u-turn on a Pokemon with eject pack, the defender will switch before the attacker does. In fact, eject button stops u-turn and volt switch from switching the user out.

Also, I didn't notice Heatran's spread... with firium z, definitely run 252/252 SpA and Spe, modest or timid.

Last edited:
The Man Behind The Slaughter

I've been playing NatDax OU a lot recently, and found this team to be a diamond in the rough. It's able to take hits and deal them back out. The team focuses on whittling down the opponent slowly, but surely. As of now, I have peaked #1 on the ladder, with 2004 ELO.
BehindTheSlaughter Peak.png

The Team
- Mega-Sableye is the same as it has always been. You virtually always lead Sableye to Mega-Evolve as soon as possible. Once it's Mega-Evolved, Sableye becomes an amazing form of hazard control. It can spread burns and Knock Off items, helping to cripple mons.

- Chansey gets up rocks and utilizes Heal Bell to cure it's teammates status. It is, arguably, the best special wall in the game. Just be wary of Knock Off users taking away it's Eviolite.

- Zapdos's amazing stats, moves, and abilities make it a serious threat. Zapdos is the second line of defense, for when Sableye can't bounce away hazards. It can defog away hazards, in addition to terrain. Zapdos also loves spreading Paralysis with Discharge + Static.

- Alomomola is the mascot and anchor of the team. It spreads burns and poison to cripple offensive threats, while easily taking hits with it's amazing HP stat. With Wish+Regenerator, it can heal it's teammates while not needing to worry too much about it's own HP. It's an easy switch in to most mons, giving the player freedom to then wishpass, scald, or toxic as they see fit.

- Clefable is the team's Unaware wall. It's crucial for taking on set-up sweepers. Calm Mind becomes a possible Win Condition if you can take out it's counters. Like Alomomola, it can heal it's teammates with wishpass.

- Melmetal is a beautiful defensive wall. It creates an immediate Win Condition with Iron Defense+Body Press. It can wall break with Body Press+Double Iron Bash, helping to speed games along. Clefable and Alomomola let it wall break and double out, only to repeat the process with wishpass.

Threats
  • CB Vish is a huge threat to this team(Scarf, not so much). You have to keep hazards of the field, and keep Alomomola at full in order to be able to switch into it. Once you stall out Rend's PP, you'll be fine. BANDED DRACOVISH IN RAIN IS AN AUTOMATIC LOSS
  • Heatran has the ability to trap mons and toxic them. Try to use Sableye to scout Z-Moves with Knock Off. Heatran is a nuisance, but just has to be slowly whittled down once it's lefties are gone.
  • Knock Off Knock Off can make it difficult for the team. Leftovers, Heavy Duty Boots, and Eviolite are all very nice for their holders, and while losing them doesn't necessarily equal a loss, it definitely makes your life harder. If you can, try to preserve their items.​
Conclusion
The team is capable of taking on the many threats NatDex has to offer. If you play well and watch your HP, you'll be able to beat virtually every team.

https://pokepast.es/75a2f87b6452274a
mono water is something i always wanted to build.
it's built around triple regen w/ pex, alo, and slowking
i didn't run bro b/c it largely overlaps with alo, and slowking provides a necessary answer to special attackers that pex can't provide in some cases (lele is a big one).
next, i used toad for rocks and that necessary electric immunity.
after, mantine offers defog and an answer to 3a volc
finally azu provides a necessary grass immunity to threats (notably ferrothorn and azumarill), traps and removes them.
pretty satisfied with this team for a mono water stall
managed to peak 1617 (unfort i don't have proof so you'll have to take my word for it)

putting it here because i want more demand for natdex monotype it's really fun

Breloom is generally considered unviable, but if it's working for you, great. That said, I think Magnezone would be a much better partner, as it can trap bulky steel types that wall your grass-spam core of Bulu and Kartana (namely Corviknight, but others are relevant).

Heatran has little to no use for wil-o-wisp; try taunt or toxic instead, to punish walls like Chansey. If you want to try out some "heat", scarf Golem-A can trap and OHKO Heatran with EQ (without grassy terrain); at least 2HKO Ferrothorn and Scizor with fire punch; and at least 2HKO Corviknight with wild charge. It could replace Breloom/Magnezone.

If you want triple grass spam, you're probably better off using Serperior over Breloom. Serperior hits Tangrowth much harder than physical grass types, which can otherwise come in on your grass types quite easily.

Edit: if you use Golem-A, I recommend using eject button on Toxapex; Toxapex can then switch in on an attack, and switch directly out to Golem to trap the attacker. Fun fact, if a Pokemon, like Scizor, uses u-turn on a Pokemon with eject pack, the defender will switch before the attacker does. In fact, eject button stops u-turn and volt switch from switching the user out.

Also, I didn't notice Heatran's spread... with firium z, definitely run 252/252 SpA and Spe, modest or timid.
Hmm, yes. thank you for the advice. about breloom, I just use him because he's my favorite pokemon and he's fun to use. I also took lots of that advice and it worked great! heres the new team! https://pokepast.es/9d8a4eb0d3ed29c5

3 Wishes

1588976509449.png

I decided to build a team around the breaking powers of Choice Band Hoopa U. With 690 attack off rip and 80/130 Special bulk, this mon is able to come in on pretty much every special attacker bar Tapu Lele or Mega Diancie and fire off powerful Hyperspace Furys on the switch, oftentimes completely OHKOing switchins,doing even 40% to bulky resists like AV Magearna or Tapu Fini. Obviously Hoopa is a very physically frail pokemon, so I added two pokemon with intimidate. This team is built around pivoting and keeping up momentum, so its matchup against stall can be a tiny bit shaky. I peaked at 1650+ in a day on National Dex and 1750 overall in Gen 7 OU with this team, so if you make good predicts it has limited counterplay. If the stall matchup worries you, just switch the choice band set to the nasty plot one with the same EVs except into Sp Atks with a modest nature and you're good to go.

1588976622300.png

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

Speed control on the team. Keeps up momentum with its ability to scare out mons like Landorus T and psychic types, u turns out to the switch ins counter. U Turn is obviously there to keep up momentum, Gunk Shot for fairy switch ins like Fini and Clefable, Rock Slide revenge kills HDB volcarona at +1(A Huge threat btw, without Gren it pretty much 6-0s the whole team) Ice Beam for Lando and revenge killing Kartana after rocks(with the Sp Atk investment it picks up the OHKO almost always, and with the team layout it always will as you'll see later). Standard EVs maximizes U Turn damage, allowing it to always OHKO Mega Zam and heavily dent Tapu Lele.

1588977002532.png

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

The other main pivot on the squad. HP Ice for Landorus on the switch and Gliscor. Flamethrower threatens Ferrothorn and more or less allows Manectric to 6-0 rain once Pert is gone. Speed is maximized in order to get the jump on important mons like Ash Gren, Tornadus etc and threaten them. Intimidate there obviously to deter physical attackers although it obviously is not as good this gen as it doesnt affect Lopunny. This also outruns adamant DD Dragapult and heavily damages it with HP Ice, allowing Doublade to easily revenge kill. Lightning Rod there to deter electric attacks pre mega evolving.

1588977279403.png

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch

The evil genie himself. The ability to come in on passive mons like Zapdos and firing off strong attacks means that balance oftentimes has to pick a sack every time he comes in, which is not at all difficult when you consider how popular mons like Zapdos and Slowbro are in response to Mega Metagross. Hyperspace Fury obviously there for stab, Zen Headbutt hits Fairy switches and OHKOs Toxapex, Drain punch for recovery and mauling Hydreigon and Chansey, and Fire punch obviously OHKos Ferrothorn and AV Magearna after minor chip, with it being able to OHKO Shift Gear Magearna outright, which is a huge threat to this team. Normally predictions are necessary due to the sheer power of Hyperspace Fury. Some calcs

252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 255-300 (66.5 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 415-490 (59 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 328-387 (91.8 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 0 HP / 68 Def Landorus-Therian: 211-250 (66.1 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Landorus-Therian: 184-217 (48.1 - 56.8%) -- 38.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 171-202 (52.6 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tornadus-Therian: 376-444 (103.8 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 164-193 (46.7 - 54.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after burn damage
So as you can see almost anything that is faster than Hoopa and can threaten it out with physical moves can never switch in safely without losing minimum half their HP, and pretty much anything that can switch in without dying in one hit goes down the second turn because it will be slower. This means that oftentimes once Hoopa safely gets in, its pretty much the opponent having to pick what it wants to sack. However, unlike the other 2 mons on this team, Hoopa actually does have surprising defensive utility.

252 SpA Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 32 SpD Hoopa-Unbound: 100-118 (33.2 - 39.2%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 32 SpD Hoopa-Unbound: 127-151 (42.1 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 32 SpD Hoopa-Unbound: 130-154 (43.1 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 32 SpD Hoopa-Unbound in Sun: 244-288 (81 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 32 SpD Hoopa-Unbound: 282-332 (93.6 - 110.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Obviously mons like Venasaur are not going to be a problem for Hoopa to come in on. Hoopa pretty much can survive any one neutral SP Attack from full from even the strongest SP Attackers, and multiple from weaker ones such as Latias. The EV spread allows you to max out damage rolls against switch ins, and enough speed to outrun max speed Magearna and OHKO it with Fire Punch after rocks.

1588978686825.png

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
Sets up rocks, provides chip damage to soften up dangerous physical attackers like Kartana, Scarf U Turn Landorus etc, and shuts downs Mega Metagross in combination with smart switch ins with Manectric. Earthquake is obviously there, Defog for when hazards are getting out of control. U turn allows it to pivot out of set up sweepers such as Gyarados and bring in Gren to threaten them. Also good for soaking up status aimed at Hoopa U, as this can afford to be burned since its not meant to be an attacker.

1588979140625.png

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Gyro Ball

A very physically bulky mon that can live some extremely powerful super effective attacks and retaliate. Shuts down Mega Gross and also Excadrill, Lucha, Medicham. OHKOs Bisharp with Sacred Sword, Gyro Ball is there for stab against mons like Scarf Lele, Tornadus and other fast mons that can give this team problems if Gren goes down. Swords Dance lets this clean up late game especially if you're faced with a Tapu Bulu or other mons that have no way to really damage this thing. Although this is a catch all checks to pretty much all physical threats, it is important not to overload this mon with defensive duties as it has no recovery, and it can easily get worn down. It is imperative that you keep its Eviolite, as if it is knocked off, it essentially becomes an inferior Aegislash. Some calcs to show you its physical prowess

232 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Doublade: 164-194 (50.9 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Doublade: 158-188 (49 - 58.3%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Doublade: 312-368 (96.8 - 114.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Doublade: 192-228 (59.6 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Metagross-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Doublade: 112-132 (34.7 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Also this mons is surprisingly strong with its priority after a swords dance or two, allowing it to set up on non STAB super effective moves and return fire.

1588979648321.png

Volcanion @ Leftovers/ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute

The teams special breaker. Fire/Water/Poison offers almost unparalleled coverage. Shuts down Dracovish and also makes it much more difficult for Greninja to achieve Battle Bond, as it must rely on the weaker dark pulse for damage while this thing is still alive. Its ability to poison its checks on the switch like Latios, Dragapult etc makes it even more deadly. With the given investment, it guarantees lives one Earthquake from Drill or Lando and OHKOs back with Steam Eruption. This mon can comes in on things that dont threaten it like Ferro or Fini and get up a sub. Oftentimes this forces the opponent to have to switch in something that can break its sub, sacrificing them in the process. This mon also is a check to Mega Gross, especially with HDB. It also greatly eases the rain matchup, as an intimidated Mega Pert cant OHKO this from full, while a boosted Steam Eruption OHKOs it with very minor chip and if it lives, it has a good chance of being burned and neutered the rest of the matchup.
232 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Volcanion: 300-354 (82.4 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Obviously its good to use team synergy with this build. Landorus appreciates Volcanions ability to switch into Ice type attacks, while Volcanion appreciates the ground immunity and rock neutrality lando provides. Hoopa appreciates Intimidate support from Manectric and Lando, and they both appreciate Hoopas ability to punish special attackers that they struggle with. Greninja appreciates Lando's rocks in order to punish switches, and Lando appreciates Gren's ability to switch into Specs Gren and OHKO it with U Turn after rocks.

This team struggles with Dual Screens Offense. Sub DD Gyarados can pretty much 6-0 this team, but mons such as Hawlucha are checked by Doublade, so even some variations of Screens offense can be played around. Clangorous Soublaze Kommo is a problem, although chipping it before it uses the move allows Gren to revenge kill with Ice beam. Rain is a tough matchup as well, but it fares much better this gen than previously, as Dracovish is completely shut down by the combination of Lando+Volcanion.

https://pokepast.es/4ab65cbd44603343

Attachments

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
:pelipper::swampert-mega::greninja-ash::manaphy::tornadus-therian::ferrothorn:

My rain that's been spammed to oblivion the past few days. Basically one of the very few reliable hyper offensive builds post-Mega Blastoise meta, and braindead enough to serve as your means of conquering Mega Metagross reqs. Manaphy is the star of the show, easily taking on the common TangFini balances as well as the ubiquity of Stall teams, making it quite capable of bulldozing through ladder games. It's also one of the few options rain has to punish ungabunga for clicking its Ice-STAB. Speed EVs are to outpace standard Rotom-H, everything else is quite standard and should require no explanation, although brotherman Jordy suggests you to slot Toxic>Gyro Ball Ferrothorn to better combat all the Zapdos.

Enjoy and good luck laddering ~

Hi all, in celebration of pokepast updating gen 8 sprites, I decided to post one of my all-time favorite teams featuring lycanroc
https://pokepast.es/828a7fe492f12c9c
Lycanroc at +2 ohkos bro, tang, alo after rocks which is super nice. It also lures ferro with fire fang.
Obviously this team is a bit gdarm weak, but this has been the most successful variation by far (I made plenty, believe me, the first one had chomp alo and mage in last 3 slots) and it managed to peak at 1700.

Have a good day all, stay safe.
If i remember i'll try to edit in a description later that's much less messy (i know the formatting is terrible sorry) but i'll probably forget :(
anyways, have a good day :blobthumbsup:

Just wanted to share a balance team that I've been having a lot of success with. It's an updated version of the slowbro/kartana balance team I used for the mega blastoise suspect test and it patches up a number of weaknesses the team had before. To sum it up quickly, the old team had a bit of issues with speed and certain fire types.

1589879591602.png
1589879756852.png
1589879688017.png
1589879677755.png
1589879745196.png
1589879778529.png

https://pokepast.es/3550b5ad4bdb78b0

This was the main team I used to get reqs with for the mmeta suspect test and it feels very clean to use. After a lot of testing, I can identify 3 key threats to watch out for.

• 1589880166891.png
    Volcarona. Although garchomp can take a +1 bug buzz from about 80%, it's my only saving grace. I have toxic on slowbro, teleport on clef, and volt switch on rotom so I usually don't have to risk taking damage by hard switching, but it means I have a really hard time setting up rocks against a volc team.
  • 1589880179561.png
    DD + Sub Dragapult. None of my team can take a +1 z phantom force, but dragapult can't set up on any of my team members without taking status or a large chunk of damage. Non sub variants can usually only 1-for-1 a member of my team as mmeta can RK with bullet punch. However, with sub it can set up on rotom-h and slowbro, avoid status, and can do a lot of damage to my team.
  • 1589882403126.png
    1589880191056.png
    Rain with ash-gren. My ash-gren answer on this team is spdef clef, which always lives 2 untransformed hydro pumps by a slim margin. Under rain, it's not even close. I have a lot of counterplay against rain with scarf kart and slowbro, but ash-gren tips the matchup in their favour.

I'll add some teambuilding insights as well if you guys are interested.
  • Spdef clef?1589879677755.png
    • Originally the team had phys def unaware clef and av magearna. After m-blastoise got banned, I felt that I could compress the roles into one mon, and spdef magic guard clef is just bulky enough to take on special threats like specs gren and scarf lele. This let me use m-meta instead which is much less passive and solved most of the speed issues.
  • No meteor mash on m-meta?1589879778529.png
    • Earthquake is crucial for heatran which can be very annoying for my team. After a bit of testing, I decided that I couldn't forgo zen headbutt or thunder punch, otherwise I get walled by too many common pokemon. Bullet punch seems necessary to RK many threats/sweepers, such as g-darm, dragapult, hawlucha, mmawile, and weavile. I eventually dropped Meteor mash, and although my mmeta set gets walled by clef (lol) among other mons, imo it's the least impactful sacrifice to make and I didn't miss it too often.
  • Defog on rotom-h?1589879756852.png
    • I tried pain split on rotom-h and defog over knock off or smart strike on kartana, but I quickly went back. Although my team doesn't mind stealth rock that much, I like having the option of clearing away spikes and tspikes (mainly for slowbro). The momentum sink of having scarf kart be the defogger can sometimes be game losing as I could sometimes be put in a checkmate scenario against teams with many hazards. Having wish support from clef for matchups that rotom-h excelled in (such as against g-darm teams) worked well enough in my experience that I almost never missed pain split.
    • An idea I've been trying is boots on slowbro and just drop defog off the team. Running thunder wave or toxic over defog means that I have a better answer to volcarona. However, the gdarm, mmeta, mlop, and dracovish matchup becomes a bit harder without helmet on slowbro.
  • Wisp on rotom-h?1589879756852.png
    • It's a spammable move against non-heatran teams, and I like having wisp to punish physical threats that might otherwise have a free switch in, including dragapult, garchomp, dracovish, and m-swampert. I haven't tried toxic or twave over wisp though, so I'm not sure which is better on this team.
  • Toxic on slowbro?1589879688017.png
    • I'm honestly surprised this isn't more common. The most common 4th move, ice beam was originally necessary to beat zygarde, but zygarde has been banned for months now. With toxic, slowbro isn't set up fodder for mons like mega zard x, volcarona, and mega lati@s, but it also has a much more important role in balance mirrors by spreading poison against fat stuff like tangrowth, zapdos, and opposing slowbro.

:darmanitan-galar: :dragapult: :serperior: :jirachi: :garchomp: :lopunny-mega:
https://pokepast.es/60c8c0ca1afbca62

So I made this team for my seasonal match against Chazm and it was a lot of fun but ultimately fell short so I thought I'd share it. Obviously the teams goal is to force Paralysis onto as many of the opposing Pokemon as possible, as this allows your Dragapult to have incredibly powerful Hex's whilst also allowing your Choice Band Darmanitan to (hopefully) outspeed a lot of the Pokemon that would normally look to revenge kill it. Obviously the glaring issue with the team is the lack of solid answer to Ash Greninja and you really have to prevent it from evolving and play aggressively with Lopunny around it. You also desperately need to status Heatran and force damage onto it with Dragapult so that Serperior and Darmanitan can have an easier time cleaning late game.

Overall a solid 6/10 build imo, just don't run into Ash Gren and you'll be fine - its a lot of fun regardless! If anyone has any success with this / finds any changes that fixes the Ash Gren issue effectively I'd love to hear about it!

So I made this team for my seasonal match against Chazm and it was a lot of fun but ultimately fell short so I thought I'd share it. Obviously the teams goal is to force Paralysis onto as many of the opposing Pokemon as possible, as this allows your Dragapult to have incredibly powerful Hex's whilst also allowing your Choice Band Darmanitan to (hopefully) outspeed a lot of the Pokemon that would normally look to revenge kill it. Obviously the glaring issue with the team is the lack of solid answer to Ash Greninja and you really have to prevent it from evolving and play aggressively with Lopunny around it. You also desperately need to status Heatran and force damage onto it with Dragapult so that Serperior and Darmanitan can have an easier time cleaning late game.

Overall a solid 6/10 build imo, just don't run into Ash Gren and you'll be fine - its a lot of fun regardless! If anyone has any success with this / finds any changes that fixes the Ash Gren issue effectively I'd love to hear about it!
Maybe run sped def mantine with defog?

Sun Mega Roulette

Torkoal sets the Sun for Venusaur, as well as rocks, in addition to being a fantastic lead. Venusaur uses the sun to outspeed the opposing mons and set up Growth. Sludge/Weather/Giga provides amazing coverage and breaks practically everything but Heatran. Max Defense Gliscor+AV Ttar+Mola provide defensive support, Mola being able to heal up both Ttar and Torkoal. And then the mega. The mega just depends on what you want to play. It's pretty fun to load and watch as Venu shread teams.

team dump:
https://pokepast.es/059c8f3e30e0cd34
gar + mlop balance
https://pokepast.es/9627eb5a55e0f3ef
venuvile balance
https://pokepast.es/e39a7cea1b3814e7
3a mtios + scarf rak balance
https://pokepast.es/664a8f7a6f3b1b4b
cm 2a mtias + fight z torn semistall
https://pokepast.es/87a1101207f1eb27
double dragon balance
https://pokepast.es/c9a2c8371135c18b
msciz + double dragon (could swap hippo over ttar for a volt blocker at the expense of worsening torn MU)
https://pokepast.es/9250847bcb49855e
rillazone balance (give this core some love)
And thats it!
Those were my most recent semi-good teams.

maybe swap jirachi w/ spdef pex and chomp with rocks lando? pex is a pain for ash gren to deal with while using lando gives your team a ground resist and keeps the utility & offensive presence that chomp provided. You're losing out on the body slam para from jirachi but pex can run tspikes/toxic to at least spread that to make Hex stronger. Maybe even knock off to make ash gren a bit less potent and easier to wall.

I PRESENT TO YOU ALL

Dwight's Offensive Teams Part 1!

Offensive Zard X Team

https://pokepast.es/340e45d0b0c7a4d9
The Basics -

Charizard X: Your standard Dragon Dancer, It's very affective against stall teams, it's especially good against the likes of Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and Mega Sableye. It's main moves are Earthquake and Flare Blitz, these moves make Charizard X an efficient wall breaker, not just that it can be a late game sweeper and pair that up with Dragon Dance and Roost, it's like a force to be reckoned with.

Zapdos: It's your Defogger and your main unit to switch out in case of an Earthquake against Zard X, it's also an efficient wall if needed to be.

Garchomp: Your Stealth Rocker and late game sweeper, with Rockium Z, it can cover bulky flying types (except for Corviknight) it's also your main unit to switch in, if there are any tricky situations like Lando-T, Heatran, or Rotom-Heat, it's moves of Earthquake, Rock Slide and Dragon Claw are good moves and can cover a lot of opposing Pokemon.

Darmanitan-G: What is there to say about Darm-G? It's good Scarfer and an early and late game sweeper, it's one of the most must-have physical attacker in the meta right now.

Ash-Greninja: Ash-Gren is one of the best Pokemon to use Specs right now, it's not only fast, but it's special attack is high and paired with Choice Specs, it can easily sweep.

Heatran: A good fire-type in general, it's a great partner for Ash-Gren and is also good against stall Pokemon as well.

Hazards/Threats -

Stealth Rock: Charizard's weakness, that's why be careful and save Zapdos in case your opponent sets up Stealth Rock

Tapu Fini: It's one of the few Pokemon Zard X, Ash-Gren and Heatran can't defeat, your best option is Zapdos, but it's a long shot, you can do some chip damage or trap it in a Magma Storm, but if you're lucky enough that your Charizard X has done 2 or 3 Dragon Dances, then you should be fine

Darmanitan-G: Opposing Darm-Gs can leave you vulnerable, your best chance is to use your Darm-G against your opponent or Dragon Dance and a Flare Blitz from a Zard X can do it, but Darm-G is capable of taking out Zard X, so be careful

Mega Diancie: Please be warned that Mega Diancie is Zard X's kryptonite, one Diamond Storm can kill Zard X and with the defense up, your gonna get in trouble, I suggest switching out to Darm-G and use Earthquake against it.
I'm fairly new to showdown in general and have been finding a lot of success with your team on ladder. Thanks for posting. That said, I've made a few edits that I feel are an improvement overall. I'd been hovering between 1300 and 1400 for quite a while until I made these changes.

https://pokepast.es/ccd97dfd9eb8f622

The biggest change here is that I've replaced Darm-G with scarf Kartana, as I feel that it helps the team's weakness to fini. Fini could make some games instant losses, and kart can both switch into and OHKO/2HKO fini easily. Kartana is also handy against Dracovish which the team is weak to, faster than Darm-G, and has knock off which is nice utility that wasn't there before.

On zard X, I've opted for fire punch instead of flare blitz seeing as I've replaced roost with dragon claw. This is because I find that zard X is mostly about getting DDance and sweeping, and fire punch at +1/+1 offers enough damage that the recoil from flare blitz and the wasted roost turns to make up for it aren't really worth it. Dragon claw is a good coverage move with tough claws and STAB that helps zard X against a chipped Slowbro or other bulky waters that aren't fini. EQ just doesn't quite cut it for those sometimes (also helps for flying/dragon types and Flygon although those aren't very common). It's slightly stronger than fire punch neutrally as well.

Zapdos is using a more standard EV spread with a heavier investment in defense to better wall physical mons. Same goes for Heatran on the specially defensive end, who can now reliably tank at least one special STAB water type move. I've also opted for a more standard set on Heatran with toxic/protect/lava plume/rocks. Heatran being fairly bulky was well suited as the team's stealth rocker, and magma storm, although it was amazing when it worked, missed fairly often. Toxic is useful against setup sweepers and walls that the team can't otherwise deal with.

The Garchomp set I stole from someone on high ladder, and I feel it fits the team much better. Dragon claw, which was only really useful in a chomp mirror, has been dropped for swords dance as without it Garchomp often feels like dead weight (SD gives chomp great wallbreaking potential, and the team sort of lacked this due to zard X's mediocre bulk). I'm using stone edge instead of rock slide, although this is just a matter of personal preference. Sandstorm is the most unusual change here. With Z-Sandstorm, which Garchomp has access to thanks to the rockium-Z it is running, Garchomp gets a +1 speed boost. The two turn set-up of SD and Z-Sandstorm allows Garchomp to cheese a win against unsuspecting squishy/fast teams while still being able to reliably OHKO/2HKO their walls at +2. Against stall or bulkier teams where Garchomp does not need the speed boost to sweep, it still has access to continental crush allowing it to break through walls like Tangrowth and fini. This also ties into sand veil being used over rough skin, as the ability can sometimes win games on its own with sand set up. It may be somewhat cheap, but it's effective. This tactic does not work often especially with the two turn setup, but chomp definitely isn't a one-hit wonder and can still be useful even if it doesn't sweep, thanks in part to its bulkiness and resistances which you outlined in your post. It also demolishes the ever-popular rain team. Against those, a Pelipper lead is met with a chomp lead and turn 1 Z-Sandstorm, crippling both the turn 1 weather ball/scald/hurricane and a potential swift swim switch in. This allows chomp to easily click SD on turn 2. At +2/+1, chomp also outspeeds and OHKOs adamant mega-Swampert in rain (but not jolly; it can be a bit of a 50/50). A rain team's only countermeasure at this point is Ferrothorn, which chomp can easily go to +4 or +6 in front of. Be warned, however, smarter players will leech seed your chomp and attempt to outplay your stone edges and EQs with a combination of protect and switching in and out of ferro/pelipper (or any other flying type).

Greninja remains unchanged and is all around fairly strong and reliable. The team notably still struggles with specially offensive waters like Greninja and even Intelleon, however the weakness isn't as glaring as fini was for the team before and these can still be played around. One thing the team could do with is another priority user in addition to Greninja's water shuriken, however this was a bit difficult to slot in.

A few replays as a proof-of-concept:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1130673770
dragon claw on zard X kills slowbro

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1130663947
kart checks and weakens fini

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1130735969
chomp sweep

rank.png

We still posting teams here?

https://pokepast.es/8439e0e4dffcb56b

:pelipper: :swampert: :kingdra: :dracovish: :ferrothorn: :magearna:

Rain is absolutely not dead. Rain in fact could be better as less people are focused on bringing rain answers right now. This is a team I've been using a bit recently that won a few room tours. There could probably be some more refinement.

• :dracovish: Dracovish is adamant scarf so it can 2hko many of the pokemon that m-swampert struggles with, including tangrowth, slowbro, and alomomola (remember band is the same power and scarf in rain so all the calcs for adamant band also apply to scarf in rain). It really sucks to miss out on several key mons like mlop and non scarf gren but I think it's best not to get walled by the same things swampert does. Adamant scarf probably the best way to make progress against a typical stall team while still being a strong breaker against balance and offense. However, jolly could be a viable option if we turn magearna into a cm + pain split set to maintain the good matchup vs stall. 3rd move is sleep talk and rain dance to give me some utility in a pinch, as we're clicking fishious rend or outrage about 99% of the time.
  • :magearna: Magearna used to be corviknight to have a good answer/pivot to mons like rillaboom, kart, and msciz. However, I've noticed that corviknight has very rarely been switching in.. Magearna acts as decent enough as a grassy glide switch in and a blanket psychic switch in while also being able to clean weakened teams on her own. Also, running her over corviknight means I have good counterplay against z kommo-o whereas I previously got 6-0'd by it.
  • :kingdra: Kingdra got hurricane in the DLC. It's useful for hitting certain grass types like serperior and av tangrowth. Although he can put in work as a strong hitter on the special side, right now though this guy seems like the weakest link on the team. He could be modest but I've noticed that I'll be slower than certain pokemon like +2 kommo-o, +2 mgyara, +1 adamant pult, and scarf gren. Although these targets aren't too common, I feel like having the speed control option against mainly HO teams can be really helpful.
  • :ferrothorn: I'm not too sure about the ferrothorn set. The 4 spe evs are to outspeed msab. I'm running max phys def as I'm not too sure what spdef investment accomplishes in this meta (spdef with gyro ball still loses to sub kyurem unfortunately). Toxic and/or body press could be more useful than thunder wave, but I haven't tested that yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)