Resource National Dex Other Tiers Team Bazaar

Runo

I get imposter syndrome from playing mons!!!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Approved by the NatDex Moderation Team

Masterpiece made by zastra
National Dex Other Tiers Team Bazaar
Welcome to the National Dex Other Tiers Team Bazaar for Gen 9! The idea behind this is to share cool teams that you have in a more casual environment than a formal RMT and to allow others to have teams to use during this metagame!

Rules
  • Please provide an importable of the team and give a brief but thorough description of the team.
  • This is also THE PLACE for sample team submissions. If you are doing so, please provide a good description of the team and make sure to mention that the team is being submitted explicitly for sample team consideration.
  • This is not a place to get your teams rated, if you need advice on your team consider going to the meta's respective Discord, the NatDex Other Tiers room on Pokémon Showdown, or the RMT subforum.
    • Additionally, try to avoid rating other peoples teams in this thread; its meant for sharing teams, not rating them.
  • Make sure you state clearly in your post what format your team is for; NDOT hosts a wide variety of formats so please do this avoid confusion.
    • UU and Monotype Teams go here and here respectively. DO NOT POST THOSE TEAMS HERE.
  • Playtest your teams before you put them up. Allowing us to get a more polished product in which people are able to make good use out of and get advice.
National Dex Ubers
National Dex RarelyUsed
National Dex Little Cup
National Dex Balanced Hackmons
National Dex Doubles
AAA
Stabmons
Mix and Mega
NFE
Godly Gift
Convergence
VoltTurn Mayhem
1v1
Pokebilities
Cross Evolution
Fortemons
Camomons

Last edited:
for ndubers. also sample submission
https://pokepast.es/7cd6b86f46890626

Team Building process

Flutter Mane + Koraidon: An amazing core that cleans for eachother very nicely. And also enables eachother by removing their checks.

Ho oh: Set looks weird, but trust. Offensive ho oh is yet another benificiary of sun and still does thing Ho oh normally does (fog, WW) without essentially being a log. Also very nice bait for pdon who thinks it switches in well but is in reality chipped down by BB. Same applies to pogre (which this team can really struggle with)

Arceus Ground: The premier rocker and pdon switch. With our team being mid against pdon w rock coverage, this mon is our switch in to that while also enabling our main core with rocks

Pdon is pdon lmfao. Pogre switch in, great glue to basically any team ever, and gets up spikes which again is nice for our main core

Pogre serves as a soft check to itself with CM + Rest and as well benifeits from pdon spikes.

HOW IT WORKS: Very straightforward. You get your hazzards up and try to win the game with flutter mane + raidon. Scarf raidon baits in ho oh which is complete fodder for something like pogre or power gem flutter mane. This team forces a lot of switches meaning hazzards are basically perfect synergy. The xern MU is mid but you can always revenge it w scarf raidon or depending on the tera beat it w pdon

for ndubers. also sample submission
https://pokepast.es/7cd6b86f46890626

Team Building process

Flutter Mane + Koraidon: An amazing core that cleans for eachother very nicely. And also enables eachother by removing their checks.

Ho oh: Set looks weird, but trust. Offensive ho oh is yet another benificiary of sun and still does thing Ho oh normally does (fog, WW) without essentially being a log. Also very nice bait for pdon who thinks it switches in well but is in reality chipped down by BB. Same applies to pogre (which this team can really struggle with)

Arceus Ground: The premier rocker and pdon switch. With our team being mid against pdon w rock coverage, this mon is our switch in to that while also enabling our main core with rocks

Pdon is pdon lmfao. Pogre switch in, great glue to basically any team ever, and gets up spikes which again is nice for our main core

Pogre serves as a soft check to itself with CM + Rest and as well benifeits from pdon spikes.

HOW IT WORKS: Very straightforward. You get your hazzards up and try to win the game with flutter mane + raidon. Scarf raidon baits in ho oh which is complete fodder for something like pogre or power gem flutter mane. This team forces a lot of switches meaning hazzards are basically perfect synergy. The xern MU is mid but you can always revenge it w scarf raidon or depending on the tera beat it w pdon
how the hell do you people have over 500 teams. i have 25

https://pokepast.es/40491ec51308d40f - SAMPLE TEAM SUBMISSION FOR HO (NDUBERS).

Here's a simple but effective screens HO.
Deo-S - Obviously your lead, unless you want to counter lead your opponent expecting them to lead something good into Deo-S (For instance, you might lead Xern on the predicted Yveltal or Giratina lead). You set up your screens and / or rocks, and you die, or switch out for later if you're still healthy. Simple stuff. The 48 SpA is there to guaranteed OHKO offensive Eternatus with tera psychic psycho boost in a pinch (It can also threaten enemy lead Glimmora, which I have seen on some HO variants):

48 SpA Tera Psychic Deoxys-Speed Psycho Boost vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eternatus: 424-500 (100.7 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

PDon - Simple but deadly double dance sweeper behind screens. With tera ground and +2, I can't think of notable instances where the shakily accurate precipice blades would be preferred to earthquake (Feel free to correct me). Stone edge is there mainly for Ho-Oh (Which will die without +2) but also other fliers. May struggle with PhysDef Giratina-O (Levitate).

Xern - You know the drill. Otherwise, tera electric is there to help you with Ho-Oh and also Necrozma-DM / Zacian, turning your weakness to steel into a resistance for the latter two and allowing you to 2HKO them both cleanly with your new STAB. You'll definitely struggle with PDon, though, HP ground or no HP ground - a general problem with Xern in this meta not specific to this team.

+2 252+ SpA Tera Electric Xerneas Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zacian-Crowned: 288-340 (88.6 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Tera Electric Xerneas Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 220-261 (55.4 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

(+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 223-263 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

Mewtwo-Y - Finally has a chance to shine now that it doesn't have Mega Ray as competition. It is extremely fast and can't be revenged by Zacian, the only notable threat that's faster, behind a reflect unless significantly chipped:

+1 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y through Reflect: 182-215 (51.5 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Flamethrower is there over aura sphere so you don't have a hard time with Necrozma-DM, and ice beam is devastating against Yveltal. Psystrike obliterates pretty much everything else - your biggest nemesis is Darkceus.

Necrozma - Your bulkiest set-up Pokémon and Z-abuser. Be wary of clicking Z on higher ladder as your opponent may bait you clicking it (For instance, you will want to use it to OHKO Ho-Oh at +1 to avoid the burn, but they can absorb with Yveltal or some such). You make yourself pretty vulnerable to Yveltal when you lose STAB on sunsteel strike, so be wary of using ultra burst early.

It is specifically EV'd to always be faster than scarf Ditto if Ditto copies you as Necrozma-DM and you then use ultra burst (206 -> 309 for Ditto, whereas you hit 310). This can be frustrating sometimes but is worth it in the Ditto matchup as you can commit to a sweep without needing an insurance Pokémon.

Arceus-Fairy - Emergency hazard removal (Namely if your opponent brings Glimmora) and a decently threatening CM user, but unable to be fully effective due to being unable to run recover. Earth power and tera ground are there to help with killing Necrozma-DM and Zacian, and to avoid being killed by them in a pinch.

-=-=-=-=-=-

The most difficult match-up for this team is definitely trick room. I can't really give much advice for the match-up on what you have to do as it is only really scenario-specific, but:

- If they lead Hatt, you can pivot out to NDM to take very little from misty explosion on turn two.
- Full HP Necrozma-DM should be able to comfortably take on something like Dialga, screens or no screens. Palkia can be dropped with ultra burst outside of TR (But this is assuming you're in the right position, which won't always be the case).
- If you see an enemy Necrozma-DM, absolutely DO NOT hit it with a super effective move unless that is +2 Groudon EQ. Groudon should beat WP Necrozma-DM but if you let it get +2, you will hard lose to it.
- Caly-I is one of the more difficult Pokémon to maneuver around and possibly the best way to deal with it is to bait a high horsepower with Necrozma-DM on the same turn that you ultra burst, ideally on the last turn of trick room. This is hyper-specific, though.

Last edited:

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
Godly Gift, last week or so with Iron Hands legal though
:rotom-wash::heatran::mewtwo-mega-y::tapu-koko::buzzwole::iron-hands:
:rotom-wash:106 / 65 / 107 / 105 / 107 / 86
:heatran:91 / 110 / 106 / 130 / 106 / 77
:mewtwo:106 / 110 / 90 / 154 / 90 / 130 ㅤ /// :mewtwo-mega-y:106 / 150 / 90 / 194 / 120 / 140
:tapu-koko:70 / 115 / 85 / 154 / 75 / 130
:buzzwole:107 / 139 / 139 / 53 / 90 / 79
:iron-hands:154 / 140 / 108 / 50 / 68 / 130

Team is built around MMY and Iron Hands. NP MMY + SD Hands breaks through a majority of the metagame, including staple walls like HP Rotom-W/H and Skarmory, Def Clefable and Clodsire, SpD Corviknight, and bulky Eternatus and Ho-Oh. Tapu Koko not only is an amazing breaker and pivot in of itself but also boosts Iron Hands's damage and activates Quark Drive to make it faster than every single Choice Scarf user in the metagame. Buzzwole functions as an early game wall and late-game breaker and cleaner, while Heatran and Rotom-W are a strong defensive core together for BO teams.

Usage suggestions: Get Stealth Rock up EARLY. Past Mewtwo, you do not fear opposing Stealth Rock at all and should abuse this fact as much as possible. Iron Hands breaks extremely well, and is only bolstered further by Terastallization if it is not needed defensively elsewhere. Buzzwole can turn the tides of games very quickly if given the opportunity to, as it is surprisingly bulky yet powerful. You should also use it to punish U-turns and similar attacks as the chip damage racks up fast. Trap targets like Clefable with Heatran if possible, as wearing down its Soft-Boiled PP is important when attempting to break with Iron Hands since it does not like repeated Wild Charge use. Even though this team has 3 Electric-type Pokemon, the team functions as if there are only two and should be played as such - Rotom-W mostly uses Water-type attacks and is unaffected by Electric Terrain. As for tough matchups, the only problematic ones are double Unaware Stall cores as they require a lot more chip damage over time to break, something which this team can afford less of. Gholdengo hazard stack teams are also slightly painful, although this matchup is far easier to deal with because of the team's sheer breaking power.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Sample Team: ”Champion’s Choice”

Greetings! Top Tier NDBH 9 submission!

*I got to the rank I am at based on basically 1 team, so I would say my team is pretty solid.

IMG_5175.jpeg

#ChampionForAReason

Giratina also has a nice Final Gambit immunity, which is a niche bonus.

:Tapu-FIni: :Gyarados-Mega: :Ferrothorn: :Giratina: :Dialga-Origin: :Groudon-Primal:

Ultimately, I scout and stall with Tapu-Fini to tank Knock offs, Status, Dragon-moves, and fish for Baneful Bunker poison (including vs Electric Drift), then I Parting Shot to safely pivot in my allies. Once I weaken their lead, I send in RegenVest Dialga to rack up entry Hazards, before pivoting to Gyarados-Mega to gain control and start either setting-up or Knocking Off.

Dialga can Tera into a Flying-type to handle Ground and Fighting-types now, without losing its resistances to Grass and immunity to Toxic Spikes. It also makes a nice healing core with Tapu-Fini healing off its slow pivots, while it also heals itself. If not using Tera, Fighting moves are easily tanked by by Giratina and Tapu-Fini, proving even after Tera, while Electric-type moves are resisted by Ferrothorn, and negated by Groudon-Primal, proving he Defensive core actually runs across the team.

Gyarados-Mega is highly efficient to set-up thanks to its Magic Bounce and Covert Cloak allowing it to easily disable common counter-measures, like Normalize, while supporting the team with Knock Off. Easily Improofed via most of my team, I am able to even force it out through Prankster Parting Shot Giratina, as Magic Bounce triggers before Dark-typing is considered, allowing a predictive switch Giratina to force it out before it can act, and ensuring the turn continues to rack up entry hazards.

Groudon-P, especially with Dauntless Shield, can also easily come in on Imposter Gyarados-M, and block Fishous Rend, take reduced damage from Knock off, and force Imposter out via Mortal Spin + Solar Beam stall. Mortal Spinning Imposter, even against Groudon-P imposter, also works well since they will be forced out.

Groudon-P is easily improofed by Well-Baked Body Ferrothorn, which allows it to come in, block Mortal Spin, get a Defense +2 boost from Bitter Blade, and not notice Solar Beam. This allows me to easily Anchor Shot the next Pokemon with now double Defense, which does turn games around if they had a strong Physical Wall Breaker that cannot bypass the now +2 Def.

Ferrothorn can Tera into a Normal-type to fend of Spectral Thiefs, and outstall Normalize Ghosts that bypassed Gyarados-Mega. It can also soft-check Imposter Scarf Gyarados-Mega due to Spectral Thief, just ensure you come in safely.

Lastly, Groudon-P's Bitter Blade also helps its longevity tremendously, and it can of course Tera into a Fire-type (until fixed) to better dish out Fire damage, as well as resist Grass, and Ice moves.
Relevant Damage Calcs:
+1 252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-X: 373-441 (89.6 - 106%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

252 SpA Groudon-Primal Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Dondozo: 300-354 (59.5 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 344-408 (68.2 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 331-390 (74.5 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zacian-Crowned: 340-402 (87.6 - 103.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
Obviously Ferrothorn is ideal, but I think the best teams have a Plan B.

Plan B: Check-

Tapu-Fini, can come in on anything besides Solar Beam, can then take 1 Solar Beam, Core Enforcer to remove the Sun and threaten with Scald since it doesn’t fear Mortal Spin or Bitter Blade. It can also Baneful Bunker if Imposter tries to Clear hazards with Mortal Spin on the turn you would normally use Core Enforcer.

252 SpA Groudon-Primal Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tapu Fini: 192-228 (55.8 - 66.2%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
Plan B: At +1 Atk

Say you switch out Gyarados-M as Imposter goes for Victory Dance:

Ferrothorn:

+1 252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 155-183 (44 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

It can Spectral Thief the boost, which means that next turn Ferrothorn is +1 Def, and Gyarados-M is no longer powered up.

252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 69-81 (19.6 - 23%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

Tapu-Fini:

+1 252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Fini: 155-183 (45 - 53.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

Tapu-Fini forces it out via Parting Shot thanks to Magic Bounce. (Unless it’s Scarfed, you don’t want to Baneful Bunker in case they just do Victory Dance, and hit harder).

Plan C: At +1 Atk

For Scarf Imposter Gyarados-Mega only, it can come in, Spectral, and switch to a better target. This is for allowing an injured ally to finish off Imposter since Imposter lost its boosts.

Dialga:

+1 252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga-Origin: 165-195 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga-Origin: 73-87 (18 - 21.5%) -- possible 5HKO
Problematic Matchups:

Having 2 Water types attracts common Electric, and Grass coverage moves on Pokémon like Flower Trick Sniper Gyarados-Mega, and Solar Beam Groudon-P to threaten Tapu-Fini and Gyarados-Mega especially since they bypass the +Def boosts of Victory Dance.

Tera Ground Groudon-P with Precipice Blades / Headlong Rush can threaten average bulk Pokémon like Tapu-Fini, and Ferrothorn.

Normalize is blocked by Magic Bounce Gyarados-Mega, while Specs Gengar-Mega is a threat easily worn down by Giratina's Prankster Parting Shot, but can still pose a threat if Prankster Giratina is gone.

Sample Battle:

Vs forsenBussin

I am so proud!

I was able to face off against some high-level players, including *former #1 Ladder player God of CTA!

High-level

God of CTA (was #1 on Ladder at 1648 ELO!)
241 Turns, it was a blowout!

God of CTA with another of their teams (was #2 on Ladder at 1635 ELO!)

I played masterfully, KOing 2 Pokemon by Turn 20, and maintained pressure through strong team cores, and prediction throughout the entire match.
Lasted 64 Turns, pretty standard.

Mid-Level
OnceInAlifetim3 (1447 before their loss)

They put up a good fight - towards the end, attempting to PP stall with Imposter, as I had literally Poisoned all but Zacian-C with Mortal Spin.
The battle lasted 109 turns, as it was my Gyarados-Mega that came in and wore down Imposter and delivered the deciding blows to their Zacian-C, and due to a bit of a speed tie, I was able to outlast Imposter thanks to the Poison. The power of patience, and Gyarados-Mega, backed by Groudon-P's Mortal Spin, all paid off. :)

Last edited:
National Dex NFE
:vulpix::ivysaur::clefairy::magmar::klang::gurdurr:
a sun team made without much thought, vulpix+ivysaur+BD magmar forms the offensive backbone of the team and really smacks everything hard. clef is the main rocker as well as defensive pivot of the team, and resttalk klang is good into stuff like kadabra. finally, gurdurr provides the team hazard control and acts as a secondary knock off user.
:golbat::machoke::piloswine::kadabra::magmar::sliggoo:
also a team made without much thought, its just stacking the brokens and a sliggoo, which is unironically a good special attacker and soft check to some of the broken special attackers. machoke, piloswine, kadabra, and magmar are the breakers here, with piloswine acting as a rocker. golbat gives the team a form of pivoting to bring the aforementioned threats in as well as acts as a defensive blanket check to some threats and a hazard control mon.

National Dex VoltTurn Mayhem
:kartana::heatran::slowking-galar::pinsir-mega::tornadus-therian::dragonite:
i wanted to build around kartana and ended up creating a flyspam team. scarf kartana is one of the fastest mons in the tier and is really hard to properly switch into thanks to its 4 million coverage moves. heatran is the primary rocker of the team and helps kartana deal with fire types as well as pressure mons like toxapex and slowking-g. slowking-g is the regen mon 1 of the team and acts as a blanket check to most special attackers. finally, the last 3 mons, all flying types. mega pinsir is an amazing mon and is almost impossible to switch into thanks to aerilate giga impact (it doesnt even need coverage, frankly) and also has access to priority in feint. torn-t is the defogger of the team, and a soft check to physical attackers. finally, a dragonite, the primary priority mon of the team (unless u count feint pinsir), which was banned from regular vtm, to wrap things up (i.e to break the tier again).

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna share this Natdex LC team that i've been commonly using in roomtours

:ss/grookey::ss/dratini::ss/vullaby::ss/mienfoo::ss/mareanie::ss/pawniard:
Grookey @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
Level: 5
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Protect

Dratini @ Life Orb
Ability: Shed Skin
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 244 Atk / 36 SpA / 196 Spe
Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Brutal Swing

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Overcoat
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 116 HP / 80 Def / 240 SpD / 40 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Mareanie @ Eviolite
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 116 HP / 12 Atk / 180 Def / 12 SpA / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover
- Knock Off

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
I just literally imported my Dratini team from Gen8 Camomons LC into Gen9 Natdex LC (I had a goal to used Dratini with STAB Espeed as much for gen9 prior to SV's release) and the team's concept is still relatively the same; Grookey and Dratini are the main revenge killers and attempts to snipe down much of the meta with their strong priorities. Grookey does Grookey things, and Dratini revenge kills Grass resist mons such as NP Vullaby, Ponyta, Doduo, Sun team, knocked Snivy, etc. .The revenge killer are supported by a bunch of Knock Off users to make breaking stuff a bit easier. Vullaby with a coverage move is one of best partners to Dratini due to its ability to consistently remove Eviolite from common Normal resist in Pawniard and Onix and possibly, it randomly deletes them with a right coverage and in this one's case, randomly delete Pawniard with Knock Off into Hidden Power Fighting. Mienfoo provides pivot support to get the revenge killers in safely. Mareanie and Pawniard filled the remaining slot for Fight resist and Fly resist, respectively.

Threatlist:
:gastly: Gastly is a threat to this team, and thus, keep your Dark-types healthy enough to keep it at bay. Vullaby is EV'd specifically to live a Life Orb Sludge Bomb after rocks or Life Orb Thunderbolt from full, and Pawniard attempts to threaten it with Sucker Punch. If you fear the opponent is going to lead Gastly, then you can lead Mareanie on Turn 1 instead of Mienfoo. Part of why Gastly is a threat to this team is that it resisted both Grassy Glide and Extreme Speed, and if Gastly Terastallizes, however, then it loses its resistance to both priority moves, and thus, becomes easier for this team to revenge kill it with Grookey/Dratini, so try to get into a scenario where enemy Gastly has to Tera.

:magnemite: Choice Scarf Magnemite is an even bigger threat and is harder to play around due to team's lack to Ground-type and its resistance to both priorities, and its even more troublesome in the hands of Volt-turn teams that features it. The team couldn't used Ground Tera Type due to Dratini stealing the mechanic. If you somehow ran into SturdyJuice Magnemite, then it is no longer a big threat, as Grookey, Mienfoo, and Pawniard outspeeds it.

My current rotation of RU teams, but I'm still building after the tragic tier shifts. All teams have a short description.

The following teams are now illegal, primarily due to the rise of Moltres, but I'm keeping them around partly for historical purposes, and partly in case UU comes to its senses.

Convergence is really fun to build for (especially with the significantly wider pool of Pokemon in NatDex), so I've also got a few teams for that.
:regirock: Reginacl + NP Inteleon Balance :inteleon:
:urshifu-rapid-strike: BDrum Urshifu + NP Zera Offense :hoopa-unbound: seriously, ban Belly Drum and Contrary these aren't even the worst abusers
:tapu-bulu: CB Bulu + NP Lele Sun :tapu-lele:

National Dex Little Cup - Timburr Balance

:sm/timburr: Building around Timburr is very interesting, since you need a reason to justify using it over Mienfoo, which is more common on balance teams.

:sm/vullaby: Overcoat Vullaby is an amazing pivot which can also safely switch into Foongus for Timburr.

:sm/pawniard: Scarf Pawniard deals with common Pokemon that are problematic for Timburr such as Abra, Gastly, Spritzee and Snubbull.

:sm/spritzee: Spritzee functions as our Fighting resist, providing the team with recovery and Heal Bell support to deal with burns.

:sm/onix: Onix provides the team with Stealth Rock and a more reliable Flying resist compared to Pawniard which functions more offensively on this team.

:sm/abra: Focus Sash Abra is an amazing failsafe to every setup sweeper in the tier excluding Shellder. It can soft check almost anything else too if needed since it outspeeds everything and hits hard, which is why i consider it to be so good.

The only real threat to this team is Shellder, but you can usually sack something for chip damage and then go into Timburr and revenge kill it.

https://pokepast.es/934c557e9c06e6f4

EDIT: made spritzee heal bell after my 2nd testing session but Covet still good if ur playing against someone who isn't named rarre

Last edited:
I want to share NatDex LC teams, so here's some teams I like to play:

:mienfoo: :foongus: :trapinch: :vullaby: :onix: :abra:
https://pokepast.es/6bd1ce2f5014e058
This is a standard balance team in LC based on Rege-Core. Mienfoo is a Pivot, U-turn giving it the ability to gain momentum for its team. It allows Abra to come safely on field vs poison types. Foongus is the Fighting resist and the Spore absorber. Vullaby is the defoger and another Pivot. U-Turn allows to chip its checks (Pawniard and Onix) and trap them with Trapinch. Trapinch can also trap Ferroseed and provides Electric immunity. Once Steel types trapped, Abra can spam Psychic and Dazzling Gleam. Finally, Onix is the Fly resist and the rock setter. Endure is necessary to beat Shellder or Tirtouga after Shell Smash. The main threat is Wingull because of its 19 speed and its perfect coverage so you have to rely on Tera with Mienfoo (Tera Steel to avoid super-effective Hurricane) or Tera Grass Onix to avoid Scald super-effective. You can also try to keep your Focus Sash with Abra.

:sandshrew-alola: :snover: :mienfoo: :mareanie: :onix: :vullaby:
https://pokepast.es/71c610c38a1ea79d
In SV, Snow replaces Hail and raises the Defense of Ice type Pokemon by 50%. So, I want to take advantage of this change to highlight Sandshrew-Alola with its great defense stat coupled to Slush Rush and its good movepool. I prefer running icicle spear over triple axel due to it’s more reliable accuracy. On top of that Tera Ice boosts its power even more. Earthquake allows me to hit Fire mons like Ponyta or Water mons like Mareanie and Staryu. I like Substitute to setup easily vs Foongus and avoid Spore or to also avoid Sucker Punch from Pawniard. I like Snover as my Snow setter because of its Ground resist and its good movepool. Mareanie is great to check Fire and Fighting mons. Mienfoo is my Pawniard check and my Pivot. Onix is my rock setter, Fly resist and Ponyta check. Finally, I run a defensive Vullaby to deal with Abra or Gastly. It's also my Spore absorber thanks to Overcoat.

:surskit: :onix: :magnemite: :gastly: :abra: :grookey:
https://pokepast.es/406ca7bde9358f22
This is a standard Sticky Web Team. Surskit is my Web setter because I want to outspeed Vullaby thanks to its 17 speed. Tera Ghost allows it to not be weak to Rock Blast from Diglett Lead and to become a good Spin blocker. Thanks to Sticky Web, Magnemite SturdyJuice become stronger and provides Fly resist with a good staying power. In my opinion, Thunder Wave is necessary vs Snivy because this is the perfect anti-web mon thanks to Contrary. Onix is also interesting as a Fly resist and provides rocks. Taunt is necessary to prevent sweeping from Shell Smasher or Dragon Dancer. I've nothing to say about Abra and Gastly, you just have to spam moves. Finally, Grookey provides strong priority and its Z-Mega Kick allows to lure Vullaby.

:vulpix-alola: :zigzagoon: :vullaby: :frillish: :diglett: :cetoddle:
https://pokepast.es/eeacefa4f15b0d00
I decided to revamp the old Veil Offense made by Freezai in gen7. Vulpix-Alola has to set Aurora Veil and Tera Ghost provides Brick Break immunity. Thanks to Aurora Veil, you have the choice to setup Zigzagoon, Vullaby or Cetoddle. Tera Normal boosts Extrem Speed from Zigzagoon. Tera Ghost provides Fake Out and Mach Punch immunity to Vullaby. Also Tera Ground boosts Earthquake's Cetoddle. Diglett is a Suicid Lead. Finally, Frillish is able to check fast pokemon like Ponyta or Staryu. It's also a spin blocker and allows to revenge kill Gastly.

Last edited:

Runo

All teams below are for NatDex RU (click the icons)

- Psyspam HO
Standard Psyspam core with Indeedee, Zam, and Armarouge, Cloyster gives some insurance against Sand builds by trading with Dracozolt, Terrakion handles Ttar and Mandibuzz for the team. Espeon blocks hazards because I have three sash users.
- Band Ttar BO
Tera Electric Cress was a wacky cook so that I have no weaknesses while setting up. Then you have an offensive Hazard Stack core with Krookodile and Roserade, Chople Berry on Krook to beat annoying mons like Terrakion or Cobalion.
- Rock Spam Balance
This team is hella weak to Bulu but it's w/e. Terrak + Pursuit Ttar is a killer combo since Terrak can just click Close Combat freely. T-Wave on Slowbro gives me a bit extra speed control. Talonflame and Gastro form my utility, while Bulu more or less meshes everything together.
- Breloom Balance
Band Loomer is a funny set, Tera and click Mach Punch or Close Combat on nearly everything and do massive damage. Nihilego and Gastro is a nice Hazard Stack core, and Slowking is nice to break down stuff for Breloom and Scizor.
- Bug Spam HO
Venomoth is such a silly little bug. Sometimes it can just win on the spot and other times it just sucks ass and does nothing. Webs allows it to freely click Sleep Powder so it can setup. Bisharp is probably the best Pokémon on this team tho. Punishes every Defogger and hits incredibly hard while setting up on them. Then it just Tera Darks into a living nuke. Rest of the team is just broken filler.

Natdex Ubers stall, uhh sure, sample submission. https://pokepast.es/d13b9d50088877e6

The mons-
Chansey is not running toxic as the two mons it is supposed to beat often run moves to beat it, such as substitute and rest. These mons are Pyogre and Xerneas, and one will often see Xern clicking sub for fear of toxic anyways being especially hard to punish as toss does not break sub. That's essentially why Chansey is using confide over toxic and Chansey in general is the main spdef wall with much utility in aromatherapy. Chansey is Staple of stall, fairly obvious stuff. Other components of this Chansey is tera water for Pyogre to better take spout and beam, especially for cm variants (though do scout for Thunder). Also forgot to mention this, but Eternatus is a huge mon to check and another reason to drop toxic.

Dondozo is another key component of this team being one of the best primal groudon checks in the tier. It checks many common mons like marshadow, the aforementioned pdon, arceus, zygarde, and even koraidon in some manner. It *can* potentially clean up games with curse, especially into other stalls providing the team some offense, while liquidation acts as stab, and eq is to hit pdon which would otherwise beat it due to water stab. Rest is for status and maintaining recovery, which it excels at doing. Tera grass is fairly standard for a water type so no real quirks there, just a mandatory mon in a lot of match-ups and the biggest double dance pdon check.

Giratina has many functions, defog, toxic/will-o spreader, pp stalling with pressure, etc. It has nearly unparalleled bulk and would-be switch-ins that cannot take toxic or will-o. In a pinch one can tera and will-o/ toxic, especially on yveltal which is quite threatening to this team. Tera fairy+ toxic allows for one to escape this scenario in a pinch and even then its base typing lets it live quite a lot while punishing with toxic. In my experience, its huge in making progress, and with Giratina's insane bulk actually living these hits are not an issue.

Ho-oh is fairly obvious. Checks a good portion of the tier, into bulkier teams it has a pleasant time getting statuses while healing off the opponent's status in aromatherapy, and it is the tier's premier defogger. The set is standard along with the tera so there isn't much to discuss here outside of Ho-oh doing regular Ho-oh things.

Ferrothorn is fairly underrated but it fits this team quite well. Ferro beats non-tera xerneas, and with max spdef ferro acts as a second chansey in the Pyogre and Xerneas match-up. Ferro also checks ultra-crozma and base crozma and with leech it can be generally annoying. Not only is leech annoying, but essentially everything makes huge progress. Knock off can remove ho-oh boots and make it impossible to switch into to rocks (bad for a hazard remover), stealth rock is fairly obvious for progress as spikes does not hit as much, and pwhip lets it hit arc ground and pyogre hard. Leech as said before is quite obnoxious for opponents and it lets Ferro heal itself back up. Tera is simple letting it better check Pyogre and turn its quad fire weakness into a resist.

Finally Darkeus/darceus/darckeus whatever. This mon is simply incredible and necessary for this team. It is likely the most important mon and preserving it is essential. while the EV spread looks weird but it runs enough to outspeed yveltal (again very intimidating into stall), letting it act as a check of sorts. If the yveltal is pre-toxic'd then darkeus can effectively outstall yveltal and to deny the Yveltal's taunt, darkeus can use its faster taunt to choke it out. Foul play is an insane stab letting it hit the entire tier and most of its switch-ins for big damage (such as Zacian.) Will-o let's it burn massive physical threats such as Ultra-Necrozma, koraidon, and physical arc forms (with MANY more to this list), and taunt lets it stop hazard denial, stop hazard entry, stop recovery etc. Darkeus also acts as another pdon check if one blunders dozo early in the match for whatever reason. Tera poison is pretty simple, it flips darks weaknesses around though one likely won't tera it in most cases. Other mons I forgot to mention includes essentially any psychic type as having *some* option and counter-play against it makes match-ups like deo-a, Mewtwo mega Y, and its best check in Ultra Necrozma/ base necrozma. Excellent mon that holds the team together from many essentially unwinnable match-ups.

Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors its pretty late right now. Hope I did a good job, anything I neglected to mention or something? Gn or gm or ga to all ig :wave:

I forgor about this, this is really bad. Like genuine trash don't use it, much better stalls.

Last edited:
Rising Voltage Regieleki (sample submission)
1682194564937.png1682194523025.png1682194580944.png1682194597445.png1682194882131.png1682194895064.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1682195396501.png

-Spams Rising Voltage and Volt Switch, Has Terablast (Ice) to Kill Ground/Grass Types like Arceus-Ground.

1682195982459.png

-Sets Electric Terrain and can Volt Switch/U-turn Out.

1682196281736.png

-Works well due to Electric Terrain and has Stab Hydro Pump and Stab Freeze Dry

1682196409208.png

-Bulky Flying Type with Defog to Remove hazards and T-wave/Toxic to mess up others.

1682196674850.png

-Bulky Ground Type with Stealth Rock and Toxic.

1683643112455.png

-Strong wallbreaker with great options like Stab Psystrike or Ice Beam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Groudon can be changed to Primal-Groudon, Arceus-Ground or Zygarde(50%) though I prefer Groudon because he Isn't weak to Ground.

1683654902926.png

-Zygarde Sets : https://pokepast.es/e3a6ec28f3c571f5

1683654506484.png

-Primal-Groudon Sets : //pokepast.es/1b4e1cacf1029c29

1683654688485.png

-Arceus-Ground Sets : https://pokepast.es/b7947f553ea6f5ce

1683654803002.png

-Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sets : https://pokepast.es/4ea348b76cc1df3c

Tapu Koko's moveset can also be changed in case you don't like the Volt Switch+U-turn combo.
For example : https://pokepast.es/b827f45436b7096e

Mewtwo-Mega-Y can be changed to Mewtwo-Mega-X if u want another physical attacker.
Alternatively Necrozma-Dusk-Mane with Ultranecrozium Z is also a option.
Match-ups of Note :
  • Geomancy Xerneas can be a pain in your ass, The best option is to T-wave Xerneas to ensure that it won't spiral out of control
  • Flutter Mane (And the occasional Walking Wake) can abuse the sun Groudon sets up.
  • Stall can also be an issue sometimes especially everyones 'Favourite' Pink Blobs (Blissey and Chansey) the best option for those is Psystrike
  • Trick Room is a huge problem against this team so pray Ho-oh does Ho-oh things good enough (alternatively u could use Necrozma-Dusk-Mane).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Rising Voltage Regieleki
View attachment 510785View attachment 510784View attachment 510786View attachment 510787View attachment 510788View attachment 510789

View attachment 510792

- Spams Rising Voltage And Volt Switch, Has Terablast (Ice) To Kill Ground/Grass Types.

View attachment 510795

- Sets Electric Terrain And Can Volt Switch/U-turn Out.

View attachment 510796

- Works Well Due To Electric Terrain And Has 2 Strong Stab Options.

View attachment 510797

- Bulky Flying Type With Defog To Remove Hazards And T-wave/Toxic To Mess Up Others.

View attachment 510800

-Bulky Ground Type With Stealth Rock And Toxic.

View attachment 510802

Strong Wallbreaker With Great Options Like Stab Psystrike Or Fire Blast.

Groudon Can Be Changed To Primal-Groudon Or Arceus Ground Though I Prefer Groudon Over Them Because I Already Have 2 Ground Weaknesses, Also Be Careful Around Geomancy Xerneas.
why are you using base groudon

rarre

Sometimes I think maybe its too late
is a Tiering Contributor
Quick team for National Dex Little Cup

:nymble::pawniard::toedscool::snubbull::mienfoo::mareanie:
This team is built around facilitating nymble and spamming its tinted lens first impression.

:sv/nymble:
Nymble @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 228 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Leech Life
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Pretty much a standard nymble set. Tera bug makes it’s bug moves stronger, sucker punch is good priority for stuff like gastly and other mons if fimp fails. Self explanatory for the most part.

:sv/pawniard:
Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Scarf pawn is added here to be able to remove one of the most annoying mons for nymble, that being gastly. Standard for the most part except for rocks last, mostly for the role compression.

:sv/toedscool:
Toedscool @ Eviolite
Ability: Mycelium Might
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Spore
Relatively bulky toedscool spread to take hits better. Toedscool is a decent spinner that also sits on Onix, which is another pretty free switch against nymble. Removing hazards also helps nymble come in repeatedly. Also quite decent at clicking knock.

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 116 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch
- Thief
- Earthquake
Mostly a standard snubbull set here, Tera ground is great for turning the matchup against big problem Mon koffing. Provides a decent sponge into vullaby and other physical attackers such as tyrunt.

:ss/mienfoo:
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
Mienfoo offers a strong and bulky pivot to the team. Standard faster spread to click knock as much as possible, Stone Edge is used to get past larv with less issue.

:sv/mareanie:
Mareanie @ Eviolite
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 116 HP / 12 Atk / 180 Def / 12 SpA / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover
- Knock Off
Another fight resist, this time with more longevity in regen. Being a water also allows it to do better into ponyta and shellder in the long run.

Biggest threat to this team is def koffing, as it can easily disrupt nymble tinted lens, mienfoo and mare regen, and it can threaten out the others to some degree.

National Dex Pokebilities.

:tapu-koko: :hawlucha: :kommo-o: :Azumarill: :kingambit: :reuniclus:

Electric terrain was one of the first things I thought of when I heard of this format so I built some teams like this. This is probably the most refined of those teams. Feel free to use this for the ND Pokebilities samples. The goal of the team is simple: Koko is the screens setter, and the rest come in and start clicking buttons.
:kommo-o:
Kommo-o is a pretty interesting Pokemon here now that it's immune to something like Specs Pult Shadow Ball but other than that the set is par for the course. Taunt is an option over Aura Sphere. Maybe Poison Jab over Flash/Flame to hit Azu. Clangorous Soul + Z is interesting but there are too many unaware mons to justify that (keep in mind almost every fully-evolved unaware mon has a niche here).

:hawlucha:
Again standard stuff here. I prefer Roost since you do want that longevity vs Clefable and Reuniclus, but Stone Edge hits Zapdos which can always take a hit and retaliate with a strong hit. Usually, Hawluchas are slow since they want that bulk but I invest quite a bit of speed to outspeed Floatzel. Tera Flying has a chance to OHKO phys def Runiclus and Clefable (barring teras ofc) and makes you resist Breloom Mach Punch. But Tera Steel provides a nice defensive typing overall. Tera Fighting helps to get KOs on a few unorthodox picks.

:azumarill:
Belly Drum. Dragon and Grass immunity can help Azu 1v1 stuff like Dragapult and Rillaboom that would otherwise threaten this team. Other than that, standard stuff.

:kingambit:
Kingambit is busted here with both Defiant and Supreme Overlord. Speed is for Corv since that is actually relevant here. Tera type can be literally anything but Fairy is always nice as a good defensive typing. Fire is worth considering to help against wisp-hex pult.

:reuniclus:
This and Hawlucha are there to stop this team from being pwned by Quagsire, Clodsire and Dondozo. Speed is for Pex and Dozo. Tera Water is a good neutral type that eases the 1v1 vs Dozo.

This team has tools vs most match-ups but shouldn't be too busted (unless the individual sweepers turn out to be broken ofc).

Match-ups of note:
  • Rain does well against this team but you have outs in Lucha/Kommo-o and Kingambit.
  • You might need to tiptoe around stall since CM Clef, CM Reuni and Curse Dondozo are extremely versatile picks but you do have tools to manage those from Lucha to Kingambit to your own Reuniclus.
  • Excadrill sand is a pretty annoying MU but that's part and parcel of sand rush + force + mold breaker Exca being legal. Keep Azu out of range for Breloom CC and you should be solid.
  • Garganacl can mess with this team thanks to Sturdy.
  • Non-specs Dragapult can be pretty annoying. Tera Fire gambit helps in that match-up.
  • Against psychic terrain, solid pivoting from Koko should keep the tides from turning.

Runo

RU Open is coming up and since I was going to build new teams for it anyways, I figured I might as well dump my builder for newcomers to use since I'm not really going to be using these teams anyways. The first seven builds were just me dicking around with a pseudo-randomly chosen mon from the VR. The Lokix team is my favorite so far. I will add descriptions later.

Click on the icons for the pastes
:Ninetales-Alola::Cetitan::Gastrodon::Talonflame::Mienshao::Tinkaton: - Cetitan Hail
:Magnezone::Tapu Bulu::Lokix::Slowbro-Mega::Rotom-Heat::Rhyperior: - Lokix BO
:Aggron-Mega::Scream Tail::Mandibuzz::Zeraora::Gastrodon::Rotom-Heat: - Scream Tail Balance
:Sandy Shocks::Oricorio-Sensu::Sharpedo-Mega::Cobalion::Scolipede::Rotom-Heat: - Oricorio HO
:Nidoqueen::Slowbro::Cobalion::Mandibuzz::Rotom-Heat::Regidrago: - Regidrago BO
:Ninetales::Darmanitan::Slither Wing::Swampert::Mandibuzz::Cobalion: - Sun Pivot Spam
:Swampert::Zarude::Cresselia::Escavalier::Zeraora::Talonflame: - Escavalier BO
:Alomomola::Aggron-Mega::Xatu::Quagsire::Amoonguss::Umbreon: - Xatu Stall
:Swellow::Swampert::Cobalion::Azelf::Mandibuzz::Rotom-Heat: - Swellow BO
:Tapu Bulu::Aggron-Mega::Gastrodon::Talonflame::Noivern::Crawdaunt: - Noivern Balance
:Ninetales-Alola::Arctozolt::Slowking::Krookodile::Cobalion::Crobat: - Arctozolt Hail
:Rhyperior::Slowbro::Amoonguss::Mandibuzz::Pawmot::Durant: - Pawmot BO

Caly-ice Balance
https://pokepast.es/160f0aeff2d1feb1
this is a team built around my fav pokemon in the format, zygarde and calyice. i love how they rely on 2 differnt objectives, with 1 beating stall and the other beating offense. lets go over the pokemon

caly ice
this isa late game cleaner and wall breaker that can flip MUs on their heads thanks to its excellent bulk and access to the move trick room. along with the powerful physical attacks with solid neutral coverage in its signature ice type attack glacial lance and the greatoption of close combat,with swords dance toboost past walls like primal groudon. it can set up trick room quite consistantly thanks to the boots negating 25% damage from stealth rock, allowing it to survive powerful hits like zacian-c's +1 play rough and xerns +2 FA moonblast.
+1 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tera Fighting Calyrex-Ice: 344-408 (85.3 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Calyrex-Ice: 328-387 (81.3 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
p-don
pdon does what pdon always does, act as a great defensive spiker with great defensive typing and ability, making it a default pick for any balance team. running eq over precipice for the added consistancy, as i never like relying on 85% acc moves unless i have to.

Ho-oh
another default pick for balance,, as it has good defensive typing (outside of those sneaky pebbles) adn with it's great special bulk it can take on the likes of nasty plot mmy and geo xern. it can also provide great utility in sacred fire burns, hazard control and setup control in phasing moves like whirlwind

Xern
Gay deer go BRR

koraidon
The don can act as a great revenge killer outspeeding unboosted mmy and other big threats such as +1 ultra necrozma, while still mantaining a great atk stat thanks to its signature ability oricalcum pulse. with good stab options in cc and dclaw, with great coverage in flare blitz and pivoting in u turn, korai is a great addition to this team

and finally, zygarde
zyGod can be one of the greatest threats to a team by just existing, as it's list of checks with opposing tera burned is so slim that it heavily restricts the opponents plays. i perfer coil variants, just in case of a mud slap spamming lugia (yes i know but low ladder runs it a suprising amount) along with making it a great defensive setup sweeper NDM wishes it could be.

https://pokepast.es/6c4ada7f2c389699 one I quickly cooked up that is proposed as a more anti meta team with members meant to deal with specific threats with tera types changed from standard sets to help deal with some hard match ups, like tera fairy ground arc to beat out most koraidon sets with judgment chip with t-spikes chip and other passive damage

just modded the standard zacian set to beat pdon more consistently in exchange for less coverage overall

I feel like t killer etern is super underused right now, dude is a menace since the only hazard removal that's super splashable is something you can switch into and potentially threaten with offensive sets featuring t-spikes so it has to respect that meteor beam, i think it has a lot of potential on more offensive balance teams

palkia for the primals and some sun shenanigans along with being a semi solid sun abuser with fire blast in exchange for a weaker pump

arc ground uses a less popular stallbreaker since most mons weak to t-spikes wear boots on those teams, giving this a hard time if i had the more standard pdon set filling a defensive ground role

other mons are the same song and dance that have been staples of the tier since its inception

also can this go on the sample teams pwetty pwease?
:MewHeart:
happy laddering!

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
So i decided to do this fun little thing where I take a winning core from NDOT matchmaking and build a team around it (I will be submitting weekly-if can be put for samples plz do)
:sv/victini::sv/zarude::sv/corviknight::sv/blissey::sv/azelf::sv/mawile-mega:
So this team is around the SFLO Victini + GSurge Zarude core. Corviknight and Blissey are for the physical and special walls respectively, Azelf is the revenge killer, and Mega Mawile is the potent set-up sweeper and wincon.
:sv/mewtwo-mega-y::sv/deoxys-attack::sv/swampert-mega::sv/dialga-origin::sv/lunala::sv/chansey:
NDBH team which uses a double Protean core of Mega Mewtwo Y and Deoxys-Attack(I made this core:bloblul:). Mega Swampert improofs MMY, RegenVest Dialga improofs Deoxys-A, Lunala is there for a Fur Coat user, and Chansey does Chansey things. This is a pivot spam team because trapping sucks and no-one likes it.

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
National Dex Convergence team dump; explanations below

:sv/zapdos: :sv/landorus-therian: :sv/toxapex: :sv/regirock: :sv/kartana: :sv/heatran:
Zapdos and Landorus-T are two fat breakers that compliment each other well, and also like when one of their checks like Heatran for the former and Dondozo for the latter is dealt with. Toxapex and Regirock are the defensive backbone, Kartana is speed control who also Spikes for the team, and Heatran is the Mega Gardevoir check since it's quite the annoyance.

:sv/gardevoir-mega: :sv/samurott-hisui: :sv/throh: :sv/landorus-therian: :sv/heatran: :sv/enamorus:
Samurott-H now being able to pivot just may be the one of the most nerve-racking things to deal with, and combine that with Mega Gardevoir who obliterates its checks like Toxapex and it's a clicker's heaven. RegenVest Throh is an odd pick over RegenVest Conkeldurr, but I think the better special bulk and slight physical bulk decrease makes it worth using. Landorus-T + Heatran is the defensive core, and Enamorus is the speed control and our haxxing queenie.

:sv/cloyster: :sv/silvally-ice: :sv/regirock: :sv/cresselia: :sv/aegislash: :sv/landorus-therian:
So I guess we just forgot to ban Fishious Rend??? Anyway, Silvally-Ice is a good snow setter since it can pivot well and has all around good bulk, Regirock is Regirock, Cresselia is the Regirock stopper since Curse/ID sets tear this team alive, Aegislash is the Mega Gardevoir "check" and Landorus-T is Landorus-T. Shocked we didn't ban Arctovish yet, but until then this team's funny.

As a little cherry on top, here's a VR I just dug up in a conversation for those who want to get into ND Convergence; made by Velcroc
1693091202053.png

This was made in July but it still holds up...also ignore the Virizion

Will probably add in some STABmons teams but I want to focus on Convergence for now since I'm trying to do CPR on the metagame activity at the moment; bye!

Last edited:
Here's a teamdump featuring some of the OMs I've been enjoying lately.
I've also separated my favorite builds from the others available, but anything here can be considered sample subs should councils see fit.

Teambuilder
---

BO representing the liberation of M-Metagross in an OU-esque meta (Finally, if you say anything about ORAS itself I’ll threaten to have Defog banned in UU) Scarf Tyranitar was initially made out to be an odd pick of mine, but I’ve found that it does the Pursuit knack quite well without Weavile being around, trapping offensive NP Gholdengo, as well as others like Azelf and Gengar. Remainder of the team focuses on circumventing the most relevant offensive threats, with Fini/Tran both being able to lure in and force chip on specific targets that might otherwise be difficult to handle long-term, like Spikes Ferrothorn and RegenVest Tusk.

1694424399219.png 1694424497838.png 1694424553241.png1694424567370.png1694424620843.png1694424632883.png
Ting-Lu's wet dream of a recovery option, now made into a reality by the nature of Gen 9 AAA. :pimp: Jokes aside, Choice Band Barraskewda remains one of the tier's most dangerous breakers and pivots under rain, and I've especially enjoyed running it alongside similar pivots and hazards to amplify this further. The last slot on it mostly remains as filler but Poison Jab hits Regenerator Fini should they attempt to scout for Knock Offs.

1694424873264.png 1694424883718.png 1694424896273.png 1694424909022.png 1694424929384.png
Lure and trap Gholdengo with Corvi, let M-Medi put in work. Perhaps our other side to represent the extremities of the meta if you will.

Got inspired by something similar zas brought during test games which leads to the build I've got here. Regieleki provides emergency removal + speed control for threats like SD Chomp, Agil Moltres-Galar, and DD Moon. Originally had Lele prior to the Triage ban, but I've since opted for Volcarona as a replacement which does quite the job; this mon is insanely strong after a QD and can be pretty nasty against chipped RegenVesters when provided the coverage to do so. Rest of the team is fairly straightforward in breaking cores such as ZapPert, Cobalion + Fini, FerroTran .etc

Terrain Offense which always caught my eye because of what you can do in a sandbox metagame; with mine focused on enabling the offensive monster that is AAA Terrakion. Ultimately went with Scarf Greninja as the setter due to being a potent revenge killer faster than Azelf, while also being decent at Spiking on switch-ins to further enable said breakers.
Teambuilder
---

1694422718564.png 1694422764609.png 1694422912083.png 1694422933798.png1694423153228.png1694423059245.png
Callback to RU Alpha here. Beyond this, Mixed Flygon acts as a fairly decent breaker into plenty of Slowbro-anchored cores against common Grounds, while combining some decent utility to boot in the last slot. Most notably, it absolutely shits on the incredibly common Sandy Shocks and Rotom-H variants running around, as those usually prefer to run Grass coverage for Swampert whenever possible. Team remains fairly consistent besides that, but Tinkaton on the other hand still retains its typing into numerous threats like Jugulis and Bulu for anybody still looking for a reason into it, on top of the utility it already possesses, cool mon in general.

Had an offensive formula lying around with Zone that I’ve been meaning to build around for a while, which eventually led to it being the stuff here. Chople Zone aims to trap Steels like Coba and M-Aggron with Magnet Pull, then enable the classic combo of RaptorNihi (can be Scarf Diggersby instead, although I’ve found that it also worsens your options against exceedingly fast mons like NP Thundy under webs and Zera by quite a bit, sorry Adriyun) from Gen 8 to finish the job. Volt Spam from Scarf Shocks is annoying but can be maneuvered around.

This is killer; it's a flawed comp but Rock Blast Mamo ensures the main Fire can't check it and has made for some incredibly dire openings into Arcto late-game.

The goat is back once more to kick ass and chew gum; and it won't be long until he stops showing up for more gum.
Teambuilder
Noticed that 1v1 currently doesn't have a very defined ruleset, with the info being scattered overall. That said, here is one I've compiled from everything I could find on it.
---

Built around Moon due to its underlooked defensive traits against a ton of Fires and Steels in this meta, which can be difficult to check collectively with techs such as Grassium Tran and Specs Chi-Yu existing. Mawile beats most Fairies and Fightings that would otherwise give it trouble, while Zapdos serves as a midground into Genesect variants and checks both Lando Forms as well as Tapunium Fini with an offensive spread.

I was smoked by this once, 1v1 members can confirm; Charge + Z-Koko excels at beating down many BO matchups outside of Grounds via the speed tier and typing, while Tyranitar beats common Sturdy users for it and covers both Zard forms. Specs Genesect runs Psychic so as to OHKO Fightings like M-Lop, Iron Hands, and Annihilape.

The classic Ghost spam core in one of, if not the only remaining metas where Aegi stands out from Gholdengo offensively; superior stat spread and utility of KS alongside access to prio are less heavy into losing MUs against Grounds like Tusk and AV-less Lando-T, while also allowing you to dedicate more EVs into neutral matchups such as against Genesect and Naganadel via the same set. Pult forms the other half to click offensive buttons once more and Rotom allows for a dedicated Waters answer equipped to take on Urshifu forms.

If there are two Camel users advocating the mon for its antimeta traits in OMs, I am one of them. If the other user is Clementine (goat), I am also one of them.

What might be the new quintessential abuser of Sub + Disable thanks to Booster. Naganadel provides the nuke into neutral targets and Fairies required and Lando-T remains superb at checking the majority of faster things in a vacuum with mixed defenses.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)