OM National Dex Other Metagames Megathread

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Duraludon is banned from ND NFE!

:sv/duraludon:

Cao JiedbsealooVelcrocFinal Verdict
DuraludonBanAbstain (troll)BanBanBan

To no one's surprise, the Pokemon with a 535 BST was indeed...not deemed fit for the great tier of ND NFE! Whether it be dropping Draco Meteor's onto neutral walls such as Golbat, Servine, or Roselia, using a powerful Flash Cannon to destroy Fairy-types such as Clefairy, or utilizing Thunderbolt for a more consistent option versus Wartortle and the aforementioned Golbat, Duraludon was way too overbearing for the tier. This isn't to mention its incredible bulk and quality as a Steel-type; with the latter being very uncommon in the tier, being able to withstand Earthquake from Gabite and Libero High Jump Kick from Raboot on top of getting opportunities on tier staples such as Roselia and Servine despite its terrible Special Defense. Oh, and did I mention this is coming off a better speed tier than Servine? For these reasons, the council has unanimously decided to ban Duraludon!

hi, so my ndlc tour run is unfortunately over thanks to a timely HJK dodge by my opponent, so it's time to post

this is a call to unban terastallisation in the ndlc tier.
:voltorb-hisui:
With Tera blast Fire or Ice, Voltorb-H could break through it's short list of checks and had basically perfect coverage, which coupled with the best speed stat in the tier meant it was an extremely hard mon to stop.

:abra:
Tera Fairy would remove its weakness to Sucker Punch, which was the main way of checking it, while also powering up Dazzling Gleam to OHKO most variants of Vullaby, one of it's main checks.

:carvanha:
Tera Psychic removes it's weakness to Timburr Mach Punch, one of the main ways of checking it and also allowing it to OHKO Fighting Types like Mienfoo and bulkier poisons that could be used to soft check it like Foongus and Marenie.

:clamperl:
+2 248 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Tera Water Clamperl Surf vs. 124 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 21-25 (84 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

:vullaby:
Tera Ghost allowed Nasty Plot sets to avoid damage from Fake Out and Mach Punch which were the main ways of chipping it down after it set up, leading to unhealthy 50/50s where you would have to Knock Off a dark type and risk giving it +2 speed while it was setting up.
all these examples mentioned here make the tier fun, and are not necessarily unhealthy elements. in fact, they are not banworthy by any means. banning the most interesting part of the game has made the tier boring, both building and playing-wise. the same set of sequences, fake out, knock, etc etc... it's monotonous. ndlc was not unbalanced pre-tera ban. if ure having trouble w clamp (lol) just ban that or smth i guess. not tera. if you're worried about "50-50"s, just predict and outplay and/or use your own tera. use your creavity. this move has killed all creativity and i hope the council reviews and reverts the decision asap.

here are 1 2 3 teams i used in the tour if ure interested

Last edited:
Terastallisation is Unbanned from NDLC

Following the recent finish of NatDex Little Cup's No-Terastallisation tour, the previous reasons for the mechanics banning became less and less compelling, with Pokemon like Clamperl or Nasty Plot Vullaby still being extremely strong despite not having access to Tera. With the lack of significant positive change following the ban, the council has decided to Unban Terastallisation.

(Scraggy and Flittle are back to being banned btw lol)

Last edited:
National Dex Camomons
Introduction
It's a fact that many Pokemon in today's metagame suffer from a bad typing. Pokemon such as Charizard and Abomasnow are perpetually hampered by their crippling 4x weaknesses to some attacks. Wouldn't it be great if they could rid themselves of this burden and blossom with a fresh typing? Well, now you can, with Camomons! Each and every Pokemon in the National Dex turns into the types of the first two moves in their moveslots! Undershadowed Pokemon can now experience a new life in this OM. Even popular Pokemon can transform to fit and match the player's desires. Anything is possible!
National Dex Camomons Resources Hub
Good day everybody! National Dex Camomons now has a few samples and a quite inaccurate but still useful (maybe?) Viability List! Feel free to check them out to get an idea of what's going on in this meta!

Also resigning from my TL position. Still nominating ghostlike and SammyCe123 for council if they want to join. Both proved recently to deserve this position by respectively winning the NatCamo Kickoff Tour and achieving semi-final. Considering I know them from reg Camo, I can vouch that they are really good Camo players while playing it since not so long a time.

Euphonos will have to choose a new co-leader if he doesn't want to resign as well considering he's unable to contribute anw. This one will get the onwership of the post. You'll see that with hidin. Thanks for offering to this metagame an opportunity to be part of Nat OMs!

For those interested, more details in this post. Farewell.

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
:ss/chien-pao:Chien-Pao has been banned from NDGG, Magearna stays banned!:ss/magearna:
OrangexClasTheDragonMasterAeraNeonJolteonWasUsedResult
Chien-PaoDNBBANBANBANBAN4-1 BAN
MagearnaUNBANUNBANDNUDNUABSTAIN2-2-1 DNU
DNU=Do Not Unban

:chien-pao:

Chien-Pao was a ridiculously strong Attack receiver, especially combined with Z-Move sets being able to blast through Pokemon like Alomomola and Arceus-Fairy with Darkinium Z and Icium Z respectively. It was very fast, making it hard to revenge kill, and Pokemon that were faster such as Mega Alakazam would get OHKOed by Sucker Punch. The only consistent counterplay was HP Tapu Fini, Unaware Defense Clefable (Magic Guard gets OHKOed by Icium Z), and HP Mega Scizor (needed to be above 50%ish health to not die to Sucker Punch). While these Pokemon were good outside of checking Chien-Pao, it was still deemed too constraining on teambuilding.

:magearna:
Following The Melmetal Incident, council decided to look at Magearna for a possible unban. Generally 3 different sets were used: Defensive HP Spikes, Offensive Speed Choice Specs, and HP Calm Mind + Shift Gear. HP Spikes was a very good set, but not at all broken. Speed Choice Specs had limited counterplay with the best counterplay being SpD Alomomola and HP Mega Scizor and Gholdengo, although they would get Volt Switched on and Alomomola hates Trick as well. Other common walls in Skeledirge and Clodsire could switch in, but didn't like being tricked Choice Specs either, and Skeledirge also being Volt Switched on and Clodsire not taking Ice Beam or Psyshock very well. HP Calm Mind + Shift Gear was very powerful on hyper offense, with counterplay being limited to offensive pressure, Encore Defensive Magearna, and SpD Unaware walls like Skeledirge, Dondozo, and (most of the time) Clodsire. Both Choice Specs and CM + SG were reasonably answerable but the guessing games Magearna caused with these were too much and, in the end, it was deemed too powerful for an unban.

Last edited:
A few new announcements regarding National Dex STABmons.

Firstly, LBDC has resigned from the council due to personal commitments and not finding time. We thank them for their service. Also, Runo and Amstan joined the council a while back and stepped up for this slate.

Secondly, the ND STABmons code has now been updated. Gen 9 Stabmons now allows Pokemon that lost their Normal-type in Gen 6 (think Clefable, Granbull and Togekiss lines) to learn normal moves.

Finally, the council slated a few Pokemon in anticipation of the National Dex Spotlight Ladder.

Porygon-Z, Terapagos and Baxcalibur have been BANNED from National Dex STABmons

Porygon-Z Silvally Terapagos Baxcalibur Ogerpon-Wellspring Ogerpon-Hearthflame
Amstan BAN ABSTAIN BAN BAN BAN DNB
RoFnA BAN DNB BAN DNB DNB DNB
Runo DNB DNB ABSTAIN BAN BAN ABSTAIN
Velcroc BAN BAN BAN BAN DNB DNB
Outcome BANNED NOTBANNED BANNED BANNED NOT BANNED NOT BANNED

Porygon-Z is a force to be reckoned with thanks to Adaptability-boosted Boombursts. With Choice Specs equipped, even specially defensive Steel-types such as Heatran and Celesteela struggle to switch in after Stealth Rock. Ghost types that can otherwise tank Boomburst struggle to switch into Dark Pulse. Tyranitar and its mega are the best responses to Porygon-Z due to their typing, special defense buff under sand and access to reliable recovery. However, Tyranitar and Mega-Tyranitar struggle to find a foothold in a metagame dominated by Ogerpon and strong Fighting-types like Great Tusk and Urshifu-Rapid-Strike.

Baxcalibur has proven to be a contentious Pokemon in STABmons leading up to its bans. In National Dex STABmons, Baxcalibur gains access to Icium-Z Glacial Lance that threatens to nuke even sturdy resists. Like Porygon-Z, Baxcalibur has a handful of checks (mostly bulky steels like Mega Scizor), but being forced to run these checks heavily constrains team building. Even would-be counters like Scizor fold to Baxcalibur's barrage with Snow and Aurora Veil support.

Despite terastalization being banned, Terapagos is still a menace in National Dex STABmons thanks to its bulk and ability. Although it does experience competition with other Boombursters like Ursaluna Blood Moon and Porygon-Z, the ability to accumulate multiple Calm Mind boosts and have reliable coverage for many would-be answers pushed Terapagos over the edge.

Both Ogerpons saw significant usage during the NDOTSL team tour and had a significant constraint in team building and in-game battling. However, with the new DLC adding a greater slew of potential checks like Hydrapple, Gouging Fire and Raging Bolt, and old checks like Mega Latias and Skeledirge rising in usage, the council figured it would be worth keeping the Ogerpons around. Additionally, Hearthflame is significantly worse, as the ban on Terastalisation means that Ivy Cudgel / Pyro Ball are nowhere near the same kill buttons.

Silvally is an odd case. With a respectable 95 stats across the board and access to every move in the game, it should have been overtly broken. Yet, it saw next to no usage in room tours or NDOTSL. 95 Speed is solid in the metagame, but failing to meet critical benchmarks in base 100 and 110 is noticeable for Tail Glow, Take Heart or SD sets. Likewise, 95/95/95 bulk is not enough to withstand quite a few strong Pokemon in the metagame like SD Garchomp. However, Quiver Dance sets, especially with Aurora Veil support, can prove overbearing for the metagame to handle. Nevertheless, the council wanted to give this time before voting on this Pokemon

Watchlist
  • Silvally
  • Ogerpon-Wellspring
  • Ogerpon-Hearthflame
  • Ursaluna Blood Moon
  • Weavile
  • Garchomp
  • Manaphy
  • Azumarill
  • Lilligant Hisui
  • Roaring Moon
  • Beak Blast
  • Triple Arrows

/challenge gen9nationaldex @@@ STABmons Move Legality, Sleep Moves Clause, Terastal Clause, -Basculegion,-Basculegion-F, -Enamorus-Base, -Cloyster, -Dragapult,-Dragonite,-Kartana,-Komala, -Porygon-z, -Tapu Koko,-Tapu Lele,-Zoroark-Hisui,*Acupressure,*Astral Barrage,*Belly Drum,*Bolt Beak,*Chatter,*Dire Claw,*Double Iron Bash,*Electrify,*Extreme Speed,*Fillet Away,*Fishious Rend,*Geomancy,-Last Respects,*No Retreat,*Revival Blessing,-Shed Tail,*Shell Smash,*Shift Gear,*Thousand Arrows,*V-Create,*Victory Dance, -Assist, *Gigaton Hammer, *Wicked Blow, *Clangorous Soul, +Kingambit, +Annihilape, +Palafin, +Roaring-Moon, +Shedinja, +Ogerpon-Hearthflame, +Gholdengo, +Ursaluna-Blood-Moon, +Sneasler, -Darkrai

R8

hi, did you think i had become old? no! i didn't think I would make an ND NFE post again this soon but here we are. so what made me post? I would outline the points below.

this dlc, we got hit by some really funny things. firstly, the already offensive tyrants, Electabuzz and Magmar, gained access to a move that is arguably the most valuable progress-making tool in the tier: Knock Off. it is worth noting that electabuzz was, according to a few players, borderline broken even prior to DLC 2. in the early metagame (when I was the TL), the council banned pikachu due to its access to amazing coverage and utility in the form of volt switch, surf / gknot, knock off, and extreme speed. but electabuzz too has access to just about the same coverage. is it broken? does extreme speed rly break pikachu when ebuzz is faster and arguably doesn't even need espeed? who knows. before you ask me "what makes ebuzz any different here than in cg nfe", let me tell you that this metagame doesn't have gligar and ebuzz has access to more tools like z-focus blast, hidden power coverage, etc. so what is the point I'm trying to make? I'll get back to you later in the post.

but that's not all. gf has bestowed upon us a mon godly-ish by nfe standards: dipplin. not only is dipplin a stupid defensive monster, it also has access to a grass typing and an ability also great by nfe standards: sticky hold. sticky hold means dipp can't be knocked, allowing it to retain its monstrous bulk and act as a knock absorber. you would think that there's a perfect balance here: 2 knockers and an absorber.

knock is a pivotal part of the metagame, a key factor in progress-making. it is a good tool to test players' game management skills. especially for the one facing the knocker. which mon can afford being hit by a permanent def reduction? which mon to save? I don't think dipp breaks the tier, but, imo, makes the tier unnecessarily boring. it's unhealthy in a sense-- just enough to make me not want to play it, but not unhealthy to the point of being banned. it sucks that its good into balances / bos reliant on mons like gurdurr / servine for progress. ebuzz can't fit volt switch, focus blast, hp ice, thunderbolt, psychic, and knock off all at once; gurdurr can't fit knock off, drain punch, mach punch, bulk up, defog, and ice punch all at once; pawn is nice into dipp, but it has to fear hp fighting; serv can't fit knock, lstorm, synthesis, hp ice, hp fire, glare, and synthesis all at once etc.

however, one could argue that dipp is a necessary evil. it keeps stuff at bay, and is checkable by mons like pilo, ice beamers, etc. but sticky hold is not fun and a brain-dead boring strategy. so I was thinking of ways where we can keep dipplin while also making the tier fun to play-- cuz I'm tried of seeing the same mons with same strats: z ebuzz rocks pilo ss wart gurd serv bat blah blah. I tried some funny stuff in ndotpl and, to my disappointment, failed. shits hilarious lol.

I ultimately came to one conclusion. we must free terastallization. call me crazy. but i firmly believe terastallization+a couple bans maybe would lead to a healthy and fun metagame. a CREATIVE one at that. tera flying acro thwacky? defensive tera steel or something with tort and beam. tera fight ebuzz? counter with tera ground golbat. etc. and do not forget the monster that is dipplin, which can check pretty much everything in theory with the right tera. tera was banned cuz of its brokenness, sure, i was the one who banned it. but i also was the man who banned pikachu and didn't think of freeing it ever. yes, councils make mistakes, (point of para 2) they take time, but what's important is mistakes be corrected.

terastallization is a mechanic that has its pros and cons. if you choose to tera, you don't have the luxury to use z-moves anymore. its the ultimate test of your skill, both building and playing wise. predictions and game management exercised to the fullest extent, the good player knows his stuff and times his tera correctly and wins. no more clicking buttons without thinking. no more braindead clicking of spikes with rose volt w ebuzz etc. a tera ground can cost you your speed control. a tera <x> can cost u your wincon.

overall, NOW is the perfect time to resuspect tera back into the tier-- with so much potent offensive and defensive options. let's convert this skill-less, boring tier into a fun and creative one. thank you.

wake up babe new ndlc vr just dropped

:mienfoo: (S- to S) It's Mienfoo lol

:diglett: (A+ to S-) About as easy to explain as Mienfoo, insanely good with multiple usable sets (Groundium-Z, Air Balloon, Life Orb, Choice Scarf) and can use Tera to trap mons that it normally would be scared out by, like Snivy

:ferroseed: (A to A+) Ferroseed brings value to nearly any match and as a defensive Pokemon its only real weakness is the lack of reliable recovery, which can be solved by pairing with Spritzee. Hazards and Thunder Wave are amazing for just one teamslot, and its great typing helps many teams

:Voltorb-Hisui: (A to A+) Generates so much momentum as well as offensive pressure and is an electric type that doesn't suck into ground types

:Snivy: (A- to A) Access to Tera Blast is a huge buff, can get past checks a little easier and has a stronger option than Hidden Power. Can also use tricks like Tera Steel + Substitute to completely flip the tables on Foongus

:Ponyta: (A- to A) Set diversity between Z-Move sets, Berry Juice or Eviolite Will-O-Wisp Morning Sun gives it high value in most matches, with its biggest weaknesses being Stealth Rock and trapping from Diglett, but there are ways around both

:Shellder: (B+ to A-) Click Shell Smash on physical attacker and kill everything

:Growlithe-Hisui: (B to A-) This thing was criminally underrated when first added to the VR, checking it is often a coordinated effort between Pokemon like Mienfoo to scout its moves and then switching to a Fire resist if it clicks Flare Blitz. Even more brutal is guessing that it's Choice Scarf and getting Flame Charged.

:Vulpix-Alola: (B+ to A-) Veils

:Clamperl: (B to B+) Like Shellder but is restricted to Veils, has the power to OHKO basically the entire meta and makes priority moves a near neccessity to stop it assuming it gets a Shell Smash off, zastra dont pick dogshit-to-build for mons on the next teambuilding comp lc cycle thanks

:Stunky: (C to B+) Getting Knock Off AND Gunk Shot and not losing Pursuit is pretty insane for the skunk lol, lots of potential here

:zigzagoon: and :magby: (C to B) The veils abusers are good? Really?

:minccino: (UR to B) Tera Normal Life Orb Tail Slap basically impossible to survive if not a resist, viable until proven fraudlent

:elekid: (C to B-) It got Knock Off which helps it beat stuff like Mudbray or Foongus, time will tell if this mon is a fraud

:zorua-hisui: (UR to C) Kinda got glossed over when it arrived (ndlc was dead) but has some shenanigans with wisp hex or Nasty Plot sets

Not writing sentences for these mons but know that Quaxly, Sandygast, Trubbish and Axew rose to D and Tinkatink rose to C

:trapinch: (A+ to B+) Competition from the much better Diglett and 4mss causes trouble for it. EQ and First Impression are required, wishes it could run Crunch, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock or Superpower all together but it can't do that and its viability fell, it was also overrated on the VR to begin with

:timburr: (A+ to A) Timburr has a lot of struggles vs top Pokemon and faces competition from #2 of NDLC Mienfoo, becomes harder to justify it on most teams, but is still good enough to not fall off a cliff

:Wingull: (A to A-) Wingull is good, but it's incredibly specific and practically a one and done nuke with Flyinium-Z. Its value is still there, but A tier wasn't reflective of its viability

:Magnemite: (A- to B+) Not as consistent as before, if you get one Volt Switch prediction wrong on something like Diglett its over

:gothita: (A- to B+) Plenty of viable steels and dark types at the top of the VR, as well as stuff like Koffing ignoring Shadow Tag makes Gothita pretty terrible, also Tera exists so its kinda hard to trap unless you're using trick

:grookey: (A- to B+) Grassy Glide nerf also Vullaby exists in this tier, recipe for being hard to use

:snubbull: (A- to B+) Berry Juice is harder to keep than in other lc gens, and if it runs Eviolite it has no recovery, making is hard to justify over a traditional fight check like Koffing or Mareanie, still has some nice qualities in Thunder Wave and its crazy coverage

:vulpix: (A- to B+) Competition from better fire types, no real coverage outside of something like Energy Ball

:toedscool: (B to B-) This guy is really hard to use, preyed upon by the common Vullaby and Mienfoo, scared to death by Pony and H-Growlithe. Hard to put it much lower because of the utility it does provide, but it certainly has some noticable flaws.

:nymble: (B to C) Its only good quality is First Impression, I will leave it to Greedy_eb to make this mon work :)

:chespin: (B- to C) Spikes + fucking over normal grass resists like foongus isn't really good enough when it doesn't do much else for a team

:larvesta: (B- to C) NEEDS hazard removal to function as a Pokemon and its hard to fit those just for 1 mon

:slowpoke: (B- to C) Passive, but Teleport can pair well with breakers to get them in for free

:shellos: (B- to C) Can no longer run Crit-me-Not with Recover being nerfed to 8 PP, so it's stuck to a passive bulky Stealth Rocker, which has some pretty big issues

Screenshot 2024-03-04 12.42.54 PM.png

hey everyone, I'm here with some ND NFE news!

Firstly, zastra has rejoined ND NFE council! Welcome back!

Secondly, the council held a slate! The candidates were Dipplin and Pikachu. For transparency, I'm gonna include council logs on the topics discussed.
VelcroczastraSealooCaoJiedbRESULT!
:pmd/dipplin:
WAIT
WAIT
QB
WAIT
QB
DECISION ON HOLD
:pmd/pikachu:
UNBAN
UNBAN
UNBAN
UNBAN
-​
UNBAN
PIKACHU HAS BEEN UNBANNED IN NATIONAL DEX NFE!

:pmd/dipplin: Dipplin
:
In my post here, I explained the impact of Dipplin in the metagame. However, the council ultimately deemed it unworthy of a quickban right now. Though it might seem too much, given time, there is a possibility that Dipplin would prove to be balanced. The council will keep a close eye on it, monitoring it in the upcoming tournaments, namely, ND NFE Seasonal, NDOTSL, and possibly NFEPL. It'll be revisited in the near future and be on our #1 priority list.

:pmd/pikachu: Pikachu:
Initially banned due to its amazing movepool, offensive stats, and speed, the council believes Pikachu is not banworthy now and will be a balanced addition to the metagame. The electric rat might arguably be worse than Electabuzz right now, considering the latter also gets Knock Off now; and of course, in a Dipplin metagame, it's not like it's a monster to switch into.

Thirdly, VR and sample teams have been updated! Click HERE for the voting sheet! You can find what the members voted along with their notes on the sheet.
The OP will be updated to reflect the changes soon.
VR: *bold indicates major changes | *Pikachu has been left in the [NEW] Category for now; once the metagame settles a bit, we will hold a minor VR slate to determine Pikachu's rank in the metagame
Rises:
:dipplin: from NEW to S
:electabuzz: from A+ to S
:golbat: from A+ to S
:servine: from A to A+
:magmar: from A- to S
:corsola-galar: from A- to A
:roselia: from A- to A
:dunsparce: from B+ to A-
:clefairy: from B+ to A-
:pawniard: from B+ to A
:marshtomp: from B+ to A-
:girafarig: from B to B+
:quaxwell: from B- to A
:toedscool: from B- to B
:ferroseed: from B- to B+
:vullaby: from C+ to B
:lairon: from C to B-
:gastly:from UR to C
:vibrava: from UR to C
:koffing: from UR to A-

Drops:

:piloswine: from S to A+
:misdreavus: from A+ to A
:raboot: from A to A-
:rhydon: from A to A-
:duosion: from A to A-
:sliggoo-hisui: from A- to B
:hattrem: from A- to B+
:mareanie: from A- to B
:vigoroth: from A- to B+
:wartortle: from A+ to A
:naclstack: from B+ to B
:klang: from B+ to B
:rufflet: from B+ to B
:monferno: from B+ to B
:lampent: from B+ to B
:vulpix: from B+ to B
:dartrix: from B+ to C+
:glimmet: from B to B-
:hakamo-o: from B to B-
:combusken: from B to C+
:quilladin: from B to C
:murkrow: from B to UR
:fletchinder: from B- to C+
:magnemite: from B- to C
:sliggoo: from B- to C
:krokorok: from B- to C+
:palpitoad: from B- to UR
:zorua-hisui: from B- to UR
:seadra: from C+ to C
:prinplup: from C to UR

REASONING FOR MAJOR CHANGES:
:pmd/dipplin: [NEW to S]
To nobody's surprise, Dipplin cements itself as an S tier threat threat in the metagame. Its typing, ability, stats, and movepool just make it the perfect glue mon, providing the team with a blanket check to numerous attackers, knock absorber, and late-game cleaner with Growth or phazer with Dragon Tail.

:pmd/magmar: [A- to S]
With the rise of Grass-types in the metagame, it was only natural that a Fire-type such as Magmar would rise. Z move, Choice Specs, Heavy-Duty Boots, Sitrus Belly Drum-- Magmar can run a plethora of viable sets and blow holes in the opposing team if they are unprepared. Overall, it's an amazingly fast breaker that is worthy of being in the S rank.

:pmd/pawniard: [B+ to A]
After a successful NDOTSL campaign, Pawniard finds itself on the A tier list, a direct upgrade from its former B rank. A threatening sweeper and revenge killer with Swords Dance and Sucker Punch, Pawniard is also a perfect fit on popular hazard stack teams thanks to its ability Defiant, which punishes defog to a great extent. Stealth Rock and Pursuit sets are also pretty good and picking up usage.

:pmd/quaxwell: [B- to A]
This might surprise people, considering Quaxwell was barely even used in any test game-- let alone tournament / NDOTSL. However, Quaxwell is a mon with potential rivaling that of Wartortle, which was an A+ tier pick. However, the DLCs game Quaxwell access to moves such as Flip Turn and Triple Axle, and alongwith the utility of Roost and Rapid Spin, Quaxwell is a great bulky water that is capable of effectively handling popular foes such as Magmar and Piloswine, arguably more effectively than Wartortle thanks to recovery.

:pmd/koffing: [UR to A-]
UR to A- is a rise of all time-- Koffing has a nice poison typing and bulk. Its utility with WoW, Toxic Spikes, NGas, Pain Split, etc. is nothing to laugh at, which warranted such a drastic rise.

:pmd/piloswine: [S to A+]
Piloswine is no longer "the best" pokemon in the metagame-- with rise of a Grass / Dragon that it can't even OHKO with its main STAB, Electric-types that easily muscle past it, Quaxwell, Magmar, among other things, council believes Piloswine is not on the level of Electabuzz, Golbat, and Dipplin and thus it lost its S spot.

It is impossible to explain every change, but if you have any questions about the rises / drops, feel free to post here or DM me-- I will try to answer you within 24 hours! Also, the VR is not set in stone, feel free to post nominations-- depending on your nominations, we may hold a mini slate and vote on your suggestion (especially UR nominations)!

As for samples, a new sample team has been added-- featuring Dipplin! A couple of outdated ones have been removed as well. You can find the info in the sheet, and I will try to update the OP soon too.

Finally, the council also plans to revisit Terastallization at some point in the near future. Posts on the topic, metagame discussion either here or on discord, etc. are appreciated: if you have thoughts, post away! There might even be a Free Tera ND NFE Tournament in a while, so stay tuned.

Last edited:
posted it in the wrong thread :p

ND NFE Role Compendium is now up! The list is far from complete though, so suggesting changes / additions are appreciated!! On another note, the VR changes are also live in the OP. We'll be working on a set compendium now. If you wanna contribute, feel free to reach out to me or Velcroc.
format stolen from 5dot's SV NFE version
★ Entry Hazard Setters
Stealth Rock:

:tinkatuff:
:gabite:
:dunsparce:
:pawniard:
:glimmet:
:krokorok:
:Piloswine:
:Naclstack:
:Clefairy:
:Metang:
:Marshtomp:
:ferroseed:
:rhydon:

Spikes:
:frogadier:
:toedscool:
:quilladin:
:roselia:
:ferroseed:

Toxic Spikes:
:mareanie:
:Koffing:
:roselia:

★ Entry Hazard Removal / Deterrents
Defog:

:dartrix:
:fletchinder:
:Vullaby:
:gurdurr:
:servine:
:golbat:

Rapid Spin:
:quaxwell:
:wartortle:

Magic Bounce:
:hattrem:

Defiant / Contrary:

Spinblockers:
:drakloak:
:Misdreavus:
:Lampent:

★ Setup move users
Swords Dance:

:raboot:
:fraxure:
:thwackey:
:Hakamo-O:
:Monferno:
:combusken:

Nasty Plot:
:pikachu:
:girafarig:
:morgrem:

Calm Mind:
:braixen:
:Dusclops:
:Stantler:
:Duosion:

Dragon Dance:
:Fraxure:

Bulk Up:
:vigoroth:
:rufflet:
:Raboot:
:Electabuzz:
:machoke:

Coil:

Curse:
:Munchlax:

Iron Defense / Acid Armor:

Moody:
:snorunt:

Shell Smash:
:Wartortle:

Speed Boost:
:Combusken:

Belly Drum:
:magmar:

★ Wallbreakers
Physical:

:meditite:

Special:
:gastly:

Mixed:
:electabuzz:

★ Revenge Killers ★
Choice Scarf:

:Servine:
:mienfoo:
:lampent:

Priority:
:Thwackey:
:Pikachu:

Naturally Fast:

★ Walls ★
Physical:

:crocalor:
:quaxwell:
:tangela:
:dipplin:

Special:

Mixed:

★ Momentum ★
U-turn:

:Mienfoo:
:Vibrava:

Volt Switch:
:Magnemite:
:Charjabug:

Flip Turn:
:quaxwell: :wartortle:
Parting Shot:
:morgrem:

Memento:

★ Utility ★
Knock Off / Thief / Covet:

:Gligar:
:Pikachu:
:Krokorok:
:Vigoroth:
:koffing:

Trick / Switcheroo:
:Frogadier:
:Metang:
:linoone-galar:
:lampent:

Other:
:braixen:
(Magician) :tinkatuff: (Pickpocket)
Roar / Whirlwind:
:golbat: :gabite:
Dragon Tail:
:Zweilous:

Toxic:
:Ivysaur:
:vullaby:
:wartortle:

Will-O-Wisp:

Thunder Wave / Nuzzle:

Haze:

Unaware:

Healing Wish:

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
i posted speed tiers in wrong thread so posting here as well

i know i said this would be done a week earlier but i lied zastra and i was :slaking: !! (SLAKING REFERENCE)

This was my first time making speed tiers/resources in a tier at all so this may be pretty sloppy and feature mons that don't run that speed or i might have missed some tiers

If you would like to suggest a change, contact me on discord ---> amstan_

enjoy the tiers :heart:

SpeedSpritePokemonBaseNatureIVsEVs±
744:barraskewda:Barraskewda136Neutral31252+2
634:yanmega:Yanmega95Positive31252+2
606:hawlucha:Hawlucha118Neutral31124+2
604:excadrill:Excadrill88Positive31252+1
590:kingdra:Kingdra85Positive31252+2
590:ceruledge:Ceruledge85Positive31252+2
574:blaziken:Blaziken80Positived31252+2
571:iron-boulder:Iron Boulder124Positive31252+1
565:greninja-ash:Greninja122Positive31252+1
555:roaring-moon:Roaring Moon119Positive31252+1
550:excadrill:Excadrill88Neutral31252+2
546:iron-valiant:Iron Valiant116Positive31252+1
542:drednaw:Drednaw74Positive31252+2
524:Polteageist:Polteageist70Posotive31252+2
519:iron-jugulis:Iron Jugilis108Positive31252+1
516:blacephalon:Blacephalon107Positive31252+1
513:iron-treads:Iron Treads106Positive31252+1
499:garchomp:Garchomp102Positive31252+1
496:lilligant-hisui:Lilligant-Hisui105Positive31252+1
492:gardevoir-mega:Gardevoir-Mega100Positive31252+1
492:jirachi:Jirachi100Positive31252+1
492:volcarona:Volcarona100Positive31252+1
492:charizard-mega-x:Mega Charizard X100Positive31252+1
486:iron-crown:Iron Crown98Positive31252+1
480:dracozolt:Dracozolt75Neutral31252+2
475:yanmega:Yanmega95Positive31252+1
475:obstagoon:Obstagoon95Positive31252+1
466:garchomp-mega:Garchomp-Mega92Positive31252+1
463:gouging-fire:Gouging Fire91Positive31252+1
450:great-tusk:Great Tusk87Positive31252+1
448:volcarona:Volcarona100Neutral31252+1
442:kingdra:Kingdra85Positive31252+1
442:kommo-o:Kommo-O85Positive31252+1
438:Aerodactyl-Mega:Aerodactyl-Mega150Positive312520
430:gyarados-mega:Gyarados-Mega81Positive31252+1
427:Beedrill-Mega:Beedrill-Mega145Positive312520
426:altaria-mega:Altaria-Mega80Positive31252+1
426:hoopa-unbound:Hoopa-U80Positive31252+1
426:blaziken:Blaziken80Positive31252+1
423:Zeraora:Zeraora143Positive312520
421:gouging-fire:Gouging Fire91Neutral31252+1
420:diggersby:Diggersby78Positive31252+1
408:Barraskewda:Barraskewda136Positive312520
405:Lopunny-Mega:Lopunny-Mega135Positive312520
394:aerodactyl:aerodactyl130Positive312520
386:Talonflame:Talonflame126Positive312520
383:Weavile:Weavile125Positive312520
381:Iron-Boulder:Iron-Boulder124Positive312520
381:Ribombee:Ribombee124Positive312520
379:Meowscarada:Meowscarada123Positive312520
377:Greninja:Greninja122Positive312520
375:Pidgeot-Mega:Pidgeot-Mega121Positive312520
375:Tornadus-Therian:Tornadus-Therian121Positive312520
372:alakazam:alakazam120Positive312520
370:Cinderace:Cinderace119Positive312520
370:Roaring-Moon:Roaring-Moon119Positive312520
368:Hawlucha:Hawlucha118Positive312520
364:Iron-Valiant:Iron-Valiant116Positive312520
361:Zygarde-10:Zygarde-10115Positive312520
357:Serperior:Serperior113Positive312520
353:Scream-Tail:Scream-Tail111Positive312520
350:Gengar:Gengar110Positive312520
350:Iron-Moth:Iron-Moth110Positive312520
350:Latias: (:latias-mega:)Latias110Positive312520
350:Latios: (:latios-mega:)Latios110Positive312520
350:Diancie-Mega:Diancie-Mega110Positive312520
350:Gallade-Mega:Gallade-Mega110Positive312520
350:ogerpon-wellspring: :ogerpon-hearthflame: :ogerpon-cornerstone::ogerpon:Ogerpon (all formes)110Positive312520
348:Heliolisk:Heliolisk109Positive312520
348:Ninetales-Alola:Ninetales-Alola109Positive312520
346:Iron-Jugulis:Iron-Jugulis108Positive312520
346:Terrakion:Terrakion108Positive312520
344:Blacephalon:Blacephalon107Positive312520
342:Iron-Treads:Iron-Treads106Positive312520
342:Munkidori:Munkidori106Positive312520
339:Lilligant-Hisui:Lilligant-Hisui105Positive312520
333:Garchomp:Garchomp102Positive312520
331:Sandy-Shocks:Sandy-Shocks101Positive312520
331:Thundurus-Therian:Thundurus-Therian101Positive312520
328:Jirachi:Jirachi100Positive312520
328:Manaphy:Manaphy100Positive312520
328:Charizard-Mega-X:Charizard-Mega-X100Positive312520
328:Charizard-Mega-Y:Charizard-Mega-Y100Positive312520
328:Gardevoir-Mega:Gardevoir-Mega100Positive312520
328:Medicham-Mega:Medicham-Mega100Positive312520
328:Mew:Mew100Positive312520
328:Palafin:Palafin100Positive312520
328:Salamence:Salamence100Positive312520
328:Victini:Victini100Positive312520
328:Volcarona:Volcarona100Positive312520
328:Zapdos:Zapdos100Positive312520
328:Zapdos-Galar:Zapdos-Galar100Positive312520
324:Hydreigon:Hydreigon98Positive312520
324:Iron-Crown:Iron-Crown98Positive312520
322:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike97Positive312520
317:Kyurem:Kyurem95Positive312520
317:Obstagoon:Obstagoon95Positive312520
317:Silvally:Silvally95Positive312520
317:Yanmega:Yanmega95Positive312520
315:Tinkaton:Tinkaton94Positive312520
315:great-tusk:Great Tusk87Neutral310+1
311:Lokix:Lokix92Positive312520
311:Garchomp-Mega:Garchomp-Mega92Positive312520
309:Gouging-Fire:Gouging-Fire91Positive312520
309:Landorus-Therian:Landorus-Therian91Positive312520
306:Annihilape:Annihilape90Positive312520
306:Arcanine-Hisui:Arcanine-Hisui90Positive312520
306:Moltres:Moltres90Positive312520
306:Moltres-Galar:Moltres-Galar90Positive312520
302:Excadrill:Excadrill88Positive312520
300:Great-Tusk:Great-Tusk87Positive312520
299:manaphy:Manaphy100Neutral312520
298:Glimmora:Glimmora86Positive312520
298:Rotom-Wash:Rotom-Wash86Positive312520
295:Archaludon:Archaludon85Positive312520
295:Ceruledge:Ceruledge85Positive312520
295:Kingdra:Kingdra85Positive312520
295:Kleavor:Kleavor85Positive312520
295:Kommo-o:Kommo-o85Positive312520
295:Samurott-Hisui:Samurott-Hisui85Positive312520
293:Gholdengo:Gholdengo84Positive312520
291:Xurkitree:Xurkitree83Positive312520
289:kyurem:Kyurem95Neutral312520
287:Gyarados:Gyarados81Positive312520
287:Gyarados-Mega:Gyarados-Mega81Positive312520
284:Blaziken:Blaziken80Positive312520
284:Hoopa-Unbound:Hoopa-Unbound80Positive312520
284:Mamoswine:Mamoswine80Positive312520
284:Altaria-Mega:Altaria-Mega80Positive312520
284:Okidogi:Okidogi80Positive312520
284:Togekiss:Togekiss80Positive312520
282:Buzzwole:Buzzwole79Positive312520
281:gouging-fire:Gouging Fire91Neutral312520
280:Diggersby:Diggersby78Positive312520
278:Heatran:Heatran77Positive312520
273:Heracross-Mega:Heracross-Mega75Positive312520
273:Tapu-Bulu:Tapu-Bulu75Positive312520
271:Drednaw:Drednaw74Positive312520
262:Decidueye:Decidueye70Positive312520
262:Swampert-Mega:Swampert-Mega70Positive312520
262:Metagross:Metagross70Positive312520
262:Polteageist:Polteageist70Positive312520
262:Volcanion:Volcanion70Positive312520
250:Altaria-Mega:Altaria-Mega80Neutral312520
259:Togekiss:Togekiss80Neutral312520
257:Buzzwole:Buzzwole79Neutral312520
255:zapdos:Zapdos100Neutral31760
253:Heatran:Heatran77Neutral312520
249:Tapu-Bulu:Tapu-Bulu75Neutral312520
249:Armarouge:Armarouge75Neutral312520
248:iron-treads:Iron Treads106Neutral3100
240:Dracozolt:Dracozolt75Neutral312520
249:Heracross-Mega:Heracross-Mega75Neutral312520
241:Tyranitar-Mega:Tyranitar-Mega71Neutral312520
240:aegislash:aegislash60Positive312520
240:Magnezone:Magnezone60Positive312520
239:Metagross:Metagross70Positive312520
239:Decidueye:Decidueye70Neutral312520
239:Swampert-Mega:Swampert-Mega70Neutral312520
239:Volcanion:Volcanion70Neutral312520
236:zapdos:Zapdos100Neutral3100
236:manaphy:Manaphy100Neutral3100
232:iron-crown:Iron Crown98Neutral3100
229:gliscor:Gliscor95Neutral31120
229:Crawdaunt:Crawdaunt55Positive312520
229:Golurk:Golurk55Positive312520
224:tinkaton:Tinkaton94Neutral3100
221:Tyranitar:Tyranitar61Neutral312520
220:Venusaur-Mega:Venusaur-Mega80Neutral31960
220:Gholdengo:Gholdengo84Neutral31640
219:Raging-Bolt:Raging-Bolt75Neutral311320
219:Scizor-Mega:Scizor-Mega75Neutral311320
219:aegislash:aegislash60Neutral312520
219:Magnezone:Magnezone60Neutral312520
218:landorus-therian:Landorus-T91Neutral3100
218:Azumarill:Azumarill50Positive312520
216:moltres:Moltres90Neutral3100
216:annihilape:Annihilape90Neutral3100
216:deoxys-defense:Deoxys-D90Neutral3100
212:pecharunt:Pecharunt88Neutral3100
210:great-tusk:Great Tusk87Neutral3100
209:Tyranitar-Mega:Tyranitar-Mega71Neutral311250
209:Crawdaunt:Crawdaunt55Neutral312520
209:Golurk:Golurk55Neutral312520
208:rotom-heat:Rotom Heat86Neutral3100
206:tapu-fini:Tapu Fini85Neutral3100
204:Gholdengo:Gholdengo84Neutral3100
199:Azumarill:Azumarill50Positive312520
199:Iron-hands:Iron-hands50Neutral312520
199:Kingambit:Kingambit50Neutral312520
199:Mawile-Mega:Mawile-Mega50Neutral312520
196:mandibuzz:Mandibuzz80Neutral3100
196:Shedinja:Shedinja40Positive312520
191:Scizor-Mega:Scizor-Mega75Neutral31200
190:Heatran:Heatran77Neutral3100
189:Marowak-Alola:Marowak-Alola45Neutral312520
176:Skarmory:Skarmory70Neutral3100
171:Ursaluna:Ursaluna50Neutral311400
170:Corviknight:Corviknight67Neutral3100
168:Skeledirge:Skeledirge66Neutral3100
166:Pelipper:Pelipper65Neutral3100
164:Chesnaught:Chesnaught64Neutral3100
158:Celesteela:Celesteela61Neutral3100
156:Sylveon:Sylveon60Neutral3100
156:Grimmsnarl:Grimmsnarl60Neutral3100
156:Swampert:Swampert60Neutral3100
156:Clefable:Clefable60Neutral3100
156:Weezing-Galar:Weezing-Galar60Neutral3100
146:Blissey:Blissey55Neutral3100
136:Tangrowth:Tangrowth50Neutral3100
136:Muk-Alola:Muk-Alola50Neutral3100
136:Chansey:Chansey50Neutral3100
130:Hippowdon:Hippowdon47Neutral3100
128:Enamorus-Therian:Enamorus-Therian46Neutral3100
127:Hydrapple:Hydrapple44Neutral31120
126:Ting-Lu:Ting-Lu45Neutral3100
114:Gastrodon:Gastrodon39Neutral3100
106:Dondozo:Dondozo35Neutral3100
106:Quagsire:Quagsire35Neutral3100
109:Reuniclus:Reuniclus30Neutral31520
108:Hatterene:Hatterene29Neutral31560
96:Slowbro-Mega:Slowbro-Mega30Neutral3100
96:Slowbro-Galar:Slowbro-Galar30Neutral3100
96:Steelix-Mega:Steelix-Mega30Neutral3100
76:clodsire:Clodsire20Neutral3100
76:Camerupt-Mega:Camerupt-Mega20Neutral3100
76:Sableye-Mega:Sableye-Mega20Neutral3100
76:Torkoal:Torkoal20Neutral3100
76:Ferrothorn:Ferrothorn20Neutral3100
67:Toxapex:Toxapex35Negative000
58:Slowking-Galar:Slowking-Galar30Negative000
58:Slowking:Slowking30Negative000
58:slowbro:Slowbro30Negative000

e: there was some extra rows on table

now im freeing vr

Sorted in terms of viability and alphabetical

Top Viability (S, A+):
:landorus-therian: Landorus-T
:ogerpon-wellspring: Ogerpon-W
:ting-lu: Ting-Lu
:toxapex: Toxapex

:celesteela: Celesteela
:gholdengo: Gholdengo
:kingambit: Kingambit
:lopunny-mega: Lopunny-Mega
:tapu-bulu: Tapu Bulu
:roaring-moon: Roaring Moon

Very Good Viability (A):
:azumarill: Azumarill
:great-tusk: Great Tusk
:greninja: Greninja
:iron-hands: Iron Hands
:iron-valiant: Iron Valiant
:latios: Latios
:manaphy: Manaphy
:latias-mega: Latias-Mega
:mawile-mega: Mawile-Mega
:ogerpon-hearthflame: Ogerpon-Hearthflame
:rotom-wash: Rotom-W
:silvally-fairy: Silvally-Fairy
:ursaluna-bloodmoon: Ursaluna-BM
:Urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike
:weavile: Weavile

Good Viability (A-, B+):
:aegislash: Aegislash
:aerodactyl: Aerodactyl
:blacephalon: Blacephalon
:buzzwole: Buzzwole
:diancie-mega: Diancie-Mega
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn
:garchomp: Garchomp
:gouging-fire: Gouging-Fire
:gyarados: Gyarados
:Heatran: Heatran
:iron-boulder: Iron Boulder
:kyurem: Kyurem
:medicham-mega: Medicham-Mega
:meloetta: Meloetta
:pecharunt: Pecharunt
:scizor-Mega: Scizor-Mega
:silvally-electric: Silvally-Electric
:silvally-ground: Silvally-Ground
:thundurus: Thundurus
:tyranitar: Tyranitar
:tyranitar-mega: Tyranitar-Mega
:zamazenta: Zamazenta

:charizard-mega-x: Mega Charizard X
:charizard-mega-y: Mega Charizard Y
:corviknight: Corviknight
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:iron-moth: Iron Moth
:latios-mega: Latios-Mega
:lilligant-hisui: Lilligant-H
:magnezone: Magnezone
:raging-bolt: Raging Bolt
:sableye-mega: Sableye-Mega
:silvally-dark: Silvally-Dark
:silvally-dragon: Silvally-Dragon
:silvally-ghost: Silvally-Ghost
:skeledirge: Skeledirge
:slowbro-mega: Slowbro-Mega
:slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar
:tapu-fini: Tapu Fini
:terrakion: Terakkion
:thundurus-therian: Thundurus-T
:ursaluna: Ursaluna
:zapdos: Zapdos
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-Galar

Mid Viability (B, B-):
:annihilape: Annihilape
:blaziken: Blaziken
:blissey: Blissey
:ceruledge: Ceruledge
:chansey: Chansey
:clefable: Clefable
:crawdaunt: Crawdaunt
:excadrill: Excadrill
:gliscor: Gliscor
:hatterene: Hatterene
:heliolisk: Heliolisk
:hippowdon: Hippowdown
:hoopa-unbound: Hoopa-U
:hydrapple: Hydrapple
:iron-jugulis: Iron Jugulis
:ogerpon-cornerstone: Ogerpon-C
:mamoswine: Mamoswine
:meowscarada: Meowscarada
:moltres: Moltres
:moltres-galar: Moltres-Galar
:swampert-mega: Swampert-Mega
:venusaur-mega: Venusaur-Mega
:salamence: Salamence
:silvally-poison: Silvally-Poison
:silvally-water: Silvally-Water
:sneasler: Sneasler
:sylveon: Sylveon
:tangrowth: Tangrowth
:victini: Victini
:xurkitree: Xurkitree

:alomomola: Alomomola
:altaria-mega: Altaria-Mega
:archaludon: Archaludon
:barraskewda: Barraskewda'
:clodsire: Clodsire
:dondozo: Dondozo
:enamorus-therian: Enamorus-T
:gastrodon-east: Gastrodon (blue gastro is objectively better NOOBS)
:glimmora: Glimmora
:hawlucha: Hawlucha
:heracross-mega: Heracross-Mega
:hydreigon: Hydreigon
:iron-crown: Iron Crown
:jirachi: Jirachi
:keldeo: Keldeo
:kommo-o: Kommo-O
:ninetales-alola: Ninetales-Alola
:Obstagoon: obstagoon
:pelipper: Pelipper
:reuniclus: Reuniclus
:rotom-heat: Rotom-H
:silvally: Silvally
:slowking: Slowking
:swampert: Swampert
:Talonflame: Talonflame
:torkoal: Torkoal
:weezing-galar: Weezing-G
:zeraora: Zeraora

Low Viability:

:Alakazam: Alakazam
:Amoonguss: Amoonguss
:Arcanine Hisui: Arcanine Hisui
:Armarouge: Armarouge
:Basculegion: Basculegion
:Basculegion-F: Basculegion-F
:Camerupt-Mega: Camerupt Mega
:Chesnaught: Chesnaught
:Cinderace: Cinderace
:Decidueye: Decidueye
:Deoxys-Defense: Deoxys-Defense
:Diggersby: Diggersby
:Ditto: Ditto
:Dracozolt: Dracozolt
:Drednaw: Drednaw
:Gallade-mega: Gallade Mega
:Garchomp-mega: Garchomp Mega
:Golurk: Golurk
:Indeedee: Indeedee
:Iron Treads: Iron Treads
:Kingdra: Kingdra
:Kleavor: Kleavor
:Latias: Latias
:Lokix: Lokix
:Mandibuzz: Mandibuzz
:Marowak Alola: Marowak Alola
:Metagross: Metagross
:Mew: Mew
:Mimikyu: Mimikyu
:Minior: Minior
:Muk Alola: Muk Alola
:Munkidori: Munkidori
:Okidogi: Okidogi
:Pidgeot Mega: Pidgeot Mega
:Quagsire: Quagsire
:Ribombee: Ribombee
:Samurott-Hisui: Samurott-Hisui
:Sandy Shocks: Sandy Shocks
:Scream Tail: Scream Tail
:Serperior: Serperior
:Shedinja: Shedinja
:Skarmory: Skarmory
:Slowbro Galar: Slowbro Galar
:Steelix-Mega: Steelix-Mega
:Tinkaton: Tinkaton
:Togekiss: Togekiss
:Yanmega: Yanmega
:Zygarde-10: Zygarde-10

How do i play these? They’re not available in teambuilder…
Most of these formats are played via challenges by copying the code and pasting it in a user's PM. You can request these formats (and more) for a room tour in the National Dex Other Tiers room on Pokemon Showdown. All room staff can set tours, so check who's available by looking at the user list or th command /roomstaff. Yearly, we try to have at least 1 seasonal for the major formats here (which can be seen in this same subforum; AAA is finishing up, Camo and BH are just getting started and sign ups are still up for convergence).

Finally, all NDOMs are eligible to be voted on for the monthly ladder. ND STAB can be played right now by clicking on Format and heading over the National Dex section. NDOT spotlights will usually appear below doubles and above gen 8 Nat Dex. Unfortunately, it's only 1 metagame for a month so competition is pretty tight between the formats, but you will most likely be able to play metagames like Balanced Hackmons, LC, AAA and STAB at least once a year.

Hope that clears up any questions.

Most of these formats are played via challenges by copying the code and pasting it in a user's PM. You can request these formats (and more) for a room tour in the National Dex Other Tiers room on Pokemon Showdown. All room staff can set tours, so check who's available by looking at the user list or th command /roomstaff. Yearly, we try to have at least 1 seasonal for the major formats here (which can be seen in this same subforum; AAA is finishing up, Camo and BH are just getting started and sign ups are still up for convergence).

Finally, all NDOMs are eligible to be voted on for the monthly ladder. ND STAB can be played right now by clicking on Format and heading over the National Dex section. NDOT spotlights will usually appear below doubles and above gen 8 Nat Dex. Unfortunately, it's only 1 metagame for a month so competition is pretty tight between the formats, but you will most likely be able to play metagames like Balanced Hackmons, LC, AAA and STAB at least once a year.

Hope that clears up any questions.
Why get rid of them seasonally? it feels kind of counter-intuitive to go through the effort of adding another OM only to make it hard to access.

I am posting this announcement here as it will be the LAST STABmons announcement made in the Mega Thread. We have moved over here. Feel free to check the thread and its resources out.

Pecharunt, Araquanid, Last Respects and Damp Rock are banned. Triple Arrows is restricted. Mega Alakazam and Regieleki are Unbanned.
Bans
AmstanRoFnARunoVelcrocHidinOutcome
PecharuntBanBanBanBanBanBanned
AraquanidBanBanabstainBanBanBanned
Ogerpon-WellspringBanDNBDNBDNBBanNot Banned
SilvallyDNBDNBabstainabstainDNBNot Banned
GarchompBanBanabstainDNBDNBNot Banned
Triple ArrowsRestrictRestrictDNRRestrictRestrictRestricted
Last RespectsBanBanDNBBanBanBanned
Damp RockBanBanDNBDNBBanBanned

Unbans
AmstanRoFnARunoVelcrocHidinOutcome
Mega AlakazamUnbanDo Not UnbanabstainUnbanUnbanUnbanned
RegielekiUnbanUnbanUnbanUnbanUnbanUnbanned

For in-depth reasoning, check out the concurrent post on the STABmons thread. As I mentioned, I'm posting this here because this is the last announcement that will be made on this thread. I am also posting this here in the event that someone asks, "hang on why can't I use Pecharunt" or "why is Mega Alakazam legal?", and glosses over the STABmons thread.

Reactions: R8
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/national-dex-other-metagames-megathread.3720640/post-9602139

How do megas work in this metagame? Do the base mon and the mega evo count as two seperate mons and give two abilities or only the base mon can give abilities?
They count as the same mon. God donates from its base form (MMX donates Mewtwo stats, Zacian Crowned donates Zacian stats) and megas receive stats from Gods (Mega Heracross gets the speed stat of Arceus if they're on the same team for e.g.).

Last edited:
>In this OM each time you send out a Pokémon it will share its ability with the rest of its team, so the first Pokémon you send out will have one ability and the second two, and so on up to 6 different abilities all active, obviously if you send back the first Pokémon now it will have all 6 abilities.

How do megas work in this metagame? Do the base mon and the mega evo count as two seperate mons and give two abilities or only the base mon can give abilities?

They count as the same mon. God donates from its base form (MMX donated Mewtwo stats, Zacian Crowned donated Zacian stats) and megas receive stats from Gods (Mega Heracross gets the speed stat of Arceus if they're on the same team for e.g.).
Ah, but I'm asking about Shared Power ability mechanics. Thanks for the clarification on Godly Gift tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)