National Dex (National dex) Crystal Castles Peak 1744 #139

CRYSTAL CASTLES- Z-Move Blissey Stall TOP 150 ON LADDER
So, I was going to do a RMT on a rain team i made but by then I had tanked my elo down to 1300s, and I realised I didn't have a lot of replays. But then I remembered a bunch of people loading stall, and since everyone is using the same chinese stall on ladder, i figured I wanted to make a more creative stall team. And now this is where we're at.

I posted something in natdex heat, and that got me thinking...
1714279158794.png

Here are the stuff I considered when building

Stall viability
1713591557115.png

Yes, I know it's OU stall but a lot of the same mons are good in Natdex aside from the mons only good bc of gholdengo.

Threats to most stall teams:

:Hoopa-Unbound: :
This thing is crazy. Although it's absolutely garbage into most teams, this thing preys on stall. Tera Dark CB Hyperspace fury 2HKOS max defence :dondozo:, and finding something that naturally resists it is hard. Fortunately, tera is a defensive weapon as well as an offensive weapon, and a well-timed tera can stop :Hoopa-Unbound: in it's tracks.

:Ursaluna: :
:Ursaluna: is not useless if the opponent does not load a stall team, although the stall team is useless if your opponent uses Ursaluna. There are a few ways to deal with :Ursaluna:, and :Corviknight: is already a solid mon.

However,
252+ Atk Guts Tera Normal Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 185-218 (46.2 - 54.5%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
and the possibility of fire coverage, along with swords dance make Ursaluna a hard matchup. So IronPress is the solution, and a tera ghost hopefully lets Corv get a iron defence up for free. You want to remove this bear ASAP, but if you can't then you need to play really cautiously to get corv in.

:Gardevoir-Mega:
This thing is one of the only special attackers that the almighty :Blissey: cowers at, and for good reason. Taunt makes it hard to play around, and it can't be MB'd by :Sableye-Mega: because of the fairy stab hyper voice. So, :Corviknight: needs to run Iron Head, as after terastallizing into something to stop mystical fire, it can live one hyper voice, so :Corviknight: needs to 2hko :Gardevoir-Mega: . So, I ran iron head and tera water on Corv, and scrapped the IDBP idea, because Ursaluna requires near perfect prediction to effectively get corv in, and we would rather want to cover a scenario that is winnable. So I guess I will have to find another answer for :Ursaluna:

:Gyarados-Mega:
:Ogerpon-Wellspring:
These two are similar. Both are physical setup mons that can beat dondozo. :Gyarados-Mega: is the ultimate stallbreaker. Dark typing prevents prankster sableye from getting a wisp on early, mold breaker lets it 1v1 dozo, and not much can stop it.
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: is annoying because of water absorb allowing it to wall dozo, and horn leech can do damage against it. Tera dragon works defensively for dozo, but it just sits there as Ogerpon dishes out damage, and :Dondozo: doesn't have any passive damage options, and committing tera to turn a losing matchup into a stalemate is not really worth it.

My solution for both is :Tangrowth: . The mono grass typing complements dozo greatly, and the usable special attack allows it to 1v1 Gyarados alongside rocky helmet damage, and it walls :Ogerpon-Wellspring: really well. Also, Giga Drain 2HKOS :Ursaluna: so we use tera ghost to beat ursa. Also we can OHKO :Kartana: with uninvested HP fire, and we can break :ferrothorn: which stall usually struggles to chip, with the combo of HP fire and knock off, as well as our leech immunity.

:Weavile:
:Tyranitar:
This is where it gets spicy. These mons bother :Blissey: and :Chansey: a lot, with knock off and pursuit. Not a lot to be said.

:Darkrai:
:Iron Valiant:
:Latios:
:Tapu Fini:
Trick cripples :Blissey: and they can easily predict a :Sableye-Mega: switch and get a 2hko, so these mons are annoying. Even if they get the predict wrong, they can switch out, and put you in a difficult position once again.

Solution: Psychium Z
This is an unconventional idea, but it lets :Blissey: avoid Trick users and alongside teleport, it can allow :blissey: to heal up to full and escape pursuit trappers. I have :Sableye-Mega:, so HDB seems unnecessary, and I don't like :Chansey: because of it's knock off vulnerability, so rather than running another niche item, i run this Z-crystal.

:Clodsire: :Dondozo:
:Clodsire: :Dondozo: :Sableye-Mega:
:Clodsire: :Dondozo: :Sableye-Mega: :Tangrowth:
:Clodsire: :Dondozo: :Sableye-Mega: :Tangrowth: :Corviknight:
:Clodsire: :Dondozo: :Sableye-Mega: :Tangrowth: :Corviknight: :Blissey:

1713596671046.png

Love it or hate it, :Dondozo: is a pokemon that is pretty much mandatory on stall. I view it as a physical :blissey: equivalent, boasting an enormous HP and great defence allowing it to wall nearly every physical attacker.

:Dondozo: runs Leftovers instead of HDB because we have pretty good hazard management with :Sableye-Mega: and :Corviknight:.

1713596952910.png

Tangrowth is here for several reasons.

:Gyarados-Mega: is stall's nightmare. It's dark typing prevents prankster :sableye: from getting a wisp on it before it megas, mold breaker lets it 1v1 dozo, and not much can stop it. Taunt cannot be stopped, as nothing on stall is faster, and :Sableye-Mega: is useless due to mold breaker. :Sableye-Mega: can't wisp it, invalidating the team's best method of dealing with physical attackers, and thus requires an answer, lest we forfeit every time we run into it.
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: is annoying because of water absorb allowing it to be untouchable for :Dondozo:, and horn leech can do damage against it. Tera dragon works defensively for dozo, but it just sits there as Ogerpon dishes out damage, and :Dondozo: doesn't have any passive damage options, and committing tera to turn a losing matchup into a stalemate is not really worth it.
:Ursaluna: Gyarados-Mega two, electric boogaloo. This mon is notorious for ripping stall to shreds, and has the initial power to break :dondozo:, cannot be dealt with by wisp like :Hoopa-Unbound: and has setup moves forcing :dondozo: to attempt to beat it.

My solution for these mons is :Tangrowth: . The mono grass typing complements dozo greatly, and the usable special attack allows it to 1v1 Gyarados alongside rocky helmet damage, and it walls :Ogerpon-Wellspring: for long enough to win the matchup. Moreover, giga drain 2HKOS :Ursaluna:, and with tera ghost, it can live just long enough to beat :Ursaluna:. Stun spore annoys a lot of mons, HP fire beats :ferrothorn: and :kartana:, and knock is always good, and can cripple the likes of :heatran: and :ferrothorn:

1713597955382.png

:Clodsire: is perhaps one of the only special walls worth using 90% of the time outside of :Blissey: and :Chansey:. While :Blissey: is as bulky as always, unlike :Dondozo:, it does not have unaware, and this can be exploited by special attackers with setup. Tera Steel is in use instead of tera dark, as both function similarly, however, steel allows it to beat :Kyurem: with dd icicle spear substitute and freeze dry, a common heat set to beat stall in high ladder. Otherwise, the spread and moves are normal.

1713598167748.png

:Sableye-Mega: is another stall staple, however, unlike the other mons on the team, it does not get that from stats alone, but from the perfectly minmaxed mixed defensive profile in conjunction with the great typing and movepool that it possesses. However, Magic Bounce is the sole reason it warrants a spot on stall, being able to beat MOST taunt users, (i'm looking at you :Gyarados-Mega:) and hazard users barring Z-move :Landorus-Therian:.

1713598529874.png

:Corviknight: has the same old bulky pivot moveset with some tweaks. Brave bird for iron head allows it to beat :Gardevoir-Mega:, Tera fairy is necessary as tera dragon invalidates iron head for the :Gardevoir-Mega: MU and it allows it to beat thunderbolt :Tapu Lele:.

1713598599330.png

An absurd set for :Blissey:, this heat set has several uses. The usual seismic toss, soft boiled and toxic as the first three moves is nothing out of the ordinary, and while rare, neither is teleport. What sets this apart from other :Blissey: is the item. A z-crystal can prevent a trick user from crippling :Blissey:'s move flexibility. But you may ask, why use psychium Z in particular? The answer is that it actually does stuff, unlike a different z-crystal, or a mega stone. I already had teleport to beat pursuit trapping, and z-teleport recovers to full and teleports out, on the same turn. This gives :blissey: a way to heal up, AND enter a favourable matchup the following turn. It helps out a lot in troublesome situations. Now, why should I use this instead of other items? Well, trick users are extremely annoying and hard to know straight from team preview, unlike outright stallkillers. Nobody knows :Iron Valiant:'s or :Darkrai:'s set from preview, and going to :sableye-mega: can be punished, so it is not a good trick absorber, and it has to predict the trick every single time to work. Psychium prevents that. Moreover, it allows :blissey: to have a workaround to pursuit trapping and makes pursuit trappers have an even harder time cornering teleport :blissey:. Finally, opportunity cost. I can afford using this because I don't want to use :chansey: due to knock off being on every team, and boots is not very good on a team with a :sableye-mega: and a :corviknight.

snip.png

Pokepaste:
Z-TELEPORT BLISSEY (pokepast.es)

Thanks for reading this, and feel free to leave any suggestions on how to optimise the team around the threats in the meta.

I'm kinda bad at the game, and someone better could take my team higher up the ladder, and I'd love to see someone hit top 10 with this team

Attachments

Last edited:
CRYSTAL CASTLES- Z-Move Blissey Stall TOP 150 ON LADDER
So, I was going to do a RMT on a rain team i made but by then I had tanked my elo down to 1300s, and I realised I didn't have a lot of replays. But then I remembered a bunch of people loading stall, and since everyone is using the same chinese stall on ladder, i figured I wanted to make a more creative stall team. And now this is where we're at.

Here are the stuff I considered when building

Stall viability
View attachment 626118
Yes, I know it's OU stall but a lot of the same mons are good in Natdex aside from the mons only good bc of gholdengo.

Threats to most stall teams:

:Hoopa-Unbound: :
This thing is crazy. Although it's absolutely garbage into most teams, this thing preys on stall. Tera Dark CB Hyperspace fury 2HKOS max defence :dondozo:, and finding something that naturally resists it is hard. Fortunately, tera is a defensive weapon as well as an offensive weapon, and a well-timed tera can stop :Hoopa-Unbound: in it's tracks.

:Ursaluna: :
:Ursaluna: is not useless if the opponent does not load a stall team, although the stall team is useless if your opponent uses Ursaluna. There are a few ways to deal with :Ursaluna:, and :Corviknight: is already a solid mon.

However,
252+ Atk Guts Tera Normal Ursaluna Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 185-218 (46.2 - 54.5%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
and the possibility of fire coverage, along with swords dance make Ursaluna a hard matchup. So IronPress is the solution, and a tera ghost hopefully lets Corv get a iron defence up for free. You want to remove this bear ASAP, but if you can't then you need to play really cautiously to get corv in.

:Gardevoir-Mega:
This thing is one of the only special attackers that the almighty :Blissey: cowers at, and for good reason. Taunt makes it hard to play around, and it can't be MB'd by :Sableye-Mega: because of the fairy stab hyper voice. So, :Corviknight: needs to run Iron Head, as after terastallizing into something to stop mystical fire, it can live one hyper voice, so :Corviknight: needs to 2hko :Gardevoir-Mega: . So, I ran iron head and tera water on Corv, and scrapped the IDBP idea, because Ursaluna requires near perfect prediction to effectively get corv in, and we would rather want to cover a scenario that is winnable. So I guess I will have to find another answer for :Ursaluna:

:Gyarados-Mega:
:Ogerpon-Wellspring:
These two are similar. Both are physical setup mons that can beat dondozo. :Gyarados-Mega: is the ultimate stallbreaker. Dark typing prevents prankster sableye from getting a wisp on early, mold breaker lets it 1v1 dozo, and not much can stop it.
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: is annoying because of water absorb allowing it to wall dozo, and horn leech can do damage against it. Tera dragon works defensively for dozo, but it just sits there as Ogerpon dishes out damage, and :Dondozo: doesn't have any passive damage options, and committing tera to turn a losing matchup into a stalemate is not really worth it.

My solution for both is :Tangrowth: . The mono grass typing complements dozo greatly, and the usable special attack allows it to 1v1 Gyarados alongside rocky helmet damage, and it walls :Ogerpon-Wellspring: really well. Also, Giga Drain 2HKOS :Ursaluna: so we use tera ghost to beat ursa. Also we can OHKO :Kartana: with uninvested HP fire, and we can break :ferrothorn: which stall usually struggles to chip, with the combo of HP fire and knock off, as well as our leech immunity.

:Weavile:
:Tyranitar:
This is where it gets spicy. These mons bother :Blissey: and :Chansey: a lot, with knock off and pursuit. Not a lot to be said.

:Darkrai:
:Iron Valiant:
:Latios:
:Tapu Fini:
Trick cripples :Blissey: and they can easily predict a :Sableye-Mega: switch and get a 2hko, so these mons are annoying. Even if they get the predict wrong, they can switch out, and put you in a difficult position once again.

Solution: Psychium Z
This is an unconventional idea, but it lets :Blissey: avoid Trick users and alongside teleport, it can allow :blissey: to heal up to full and escape pursuit trappers. I have :Sableye-Mega:, so HDB seems unnecessary, and I don't like :Chansey: because of it's knock off vulnerability, so rather than running another niche item, i run this Z-crystal.

:Clodsire: :Dondozo:
:Clodsire: :Dondozo: :Sableye-Mega:
:Clodsire: :Dondozo: :Sableye-Mega: :Tangrowth:
:Clodsire: :Dondozo: :Sableye-Mega: :Tangrowth: :Corviknight:
:Clodsire: :Dondozo: :Sableye-Mega: :Tangrowth: :Corviknight: :Blissey:

View attachment 626125
Love it or hate it, :Dondozo: is a pokemon that is pretty much mandatory on stall. I view it as a physical :blissey: equivalent, boasting an enormous HP and great defence allowing it to wall nearly every physical attacker.

:Dondozo: runs Leftovers instead of HDB because we have pretty good hazard management with :Sableye-Mega: and :Corviknight:.

View attachment 626126
Tangrowth is here for several reasons.

:Gyarados-Mega: is stall's nightmare. It's dark typing prevents prankster :sableye: from getting a wisp on it before it megas, mold breaker lets it 1v1 dozo, and not much can stop it. Taunt cannot be stopped, as nothing on stall is faster, and :Sableye-Mega: is useless due to mold breaker. :Sableye-Mega: can't wisp it, invalidating the team's best method of dealing with physical attackers, and thus requires an answer, lest we forfeit every time we run into it.
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: is annoying because of water absorb allowing it to be untouchable for :Dondozo:, and horn leech can do damage against it. Tera dragon works defensively for dozo, but it just sits there as Ogerpon dishes out damage, and :Dondozo: doesn't have any passive damage options, and committing tera to turn a losing matchup into a stalemate is not really worth it.
:Ursaluna: Gyarados-Mega two, electric boogaloo. This mon is notorious for ripping stall to shreds, and has the initial power to break :dondozo:, cannot be dealt with by wisp like :Hoopa-Unbound: and has setup moves forcing :dondozo: to attempt to beat it.

My solution for these mons is :Tangrowth: . The mono grass typing complements dozo greatly, and the usable special attack allows it to 1v1 Gyarados alongside rocky helmet damage, and it walls :Ogerpon-Wellspring: for long enough to win the matchup. Moreover, giga drain 2HKOS :Ursaluna:, and with tera ghost, it can live just long enough to beat :Ursaluna:. Stun spore annoys a lot of mons, HP fire beats :ferrothorn: and :kartana:, and knock is always good, and can cripple the likes of :heatran: and :ferrothorn:

View attachment 626131
:Clodsire: is perhaps one of the only special walls worth using 90% of the time outside of :Blissey: and :Chansey:. While :Blissey: is as bulky as always, unlike :Dondozo:, it does not have unaware, and this can be exploited by special attackers with setup. Tera Steel is in use instead of tera dark, as both function similarly, however, steel allows it to beat :Kyurem: with dd icicle spear substitute and freeze dry, a common heat set to beat stall in high ladder. Otherwise, the spread and moves are normal.

View attachment 626132
:Sableye-Mega: is another stall staple, however, unlike the other mons on the team, it does not get that from stats alone, but from the perfectly minmaxed mixed defensive profile in conjunction with the great typing and movepool that it possesses. However, Magic Bounce is the sole reason it warrants a spot on stall, being able to beat MOST taunt users, (i'm looking at you :Gyarados-Mega:) and hazard users barring Z-move :Landorus-Therian:.

View attachment 626134
:Corviknight: has the same old bulky pivot moveset with some tweaks. Brave bird for iron head allows it to beat :Gardevoir-Mega:, Tera fairy is necessary as tera dragon invalidates iron head for the :Gardevoir-Mega: MU and it allows it to beat thunderbolt :Tapu Lele:.

View attachment 626135
An absurd set for :Blissey:, this heat set has several uses. The usual seismic toss, soft boiled and toxic as the first three moves is nothing out of the ordinary, and while rare, neither is teleport. What sets this apart from other :Blissey: is the item. A z-crystal can prevent a trick user from crippling :Blissey:'s move flexibility. But you may ask, why use psychium Z in particular? The answer is that it actually does stuff, unlike a different z-crystal, or a mega stone. I already had teleport to beat pursuit trapping, and z-teleport recovers to full and teleports out, on the same turn. This gives :blissey: a way to heal up, AND enter a favourable matchup the following turn. It helps out a lot in troublesome situations. Now, why should I use this instead of other items? Well, trick users are extremely annoying and hard to know straight from team preview, unlike outright stallkillers. Nobody knows :Iron Valiant:'s or :Darkrai:'s set from preview, and going to :sableye-mega: can be punished, so it is not a good trick absorber, and it has to predict the trick every single time to work. Psychium prevents that. Moreover, it allows :blissey: to have a workaround to pursuit trapping and makes pursuit trappers have an even harder time cornering teleport :blissey:. Finally, opportunity cost. I can afford using this because I don't want to use :chansey: due to knock off being on every team, and boots is not very good on a team with a :sableye-mega: and a :corviknight.

Pokepaste:
Z-TELEPORT BLISSEY (pokepast.es)

Thanks for reading this, and feel free to leave any suggestions on how to optimise the team around the threats in the meta.

I'm kinda bad at the game, and someone better could take my team higher up the ladder, and I'd love to see someone hit top 10 with this team
Congrats on the peak, Glory to Big Stall, the empire of stall and its advocates!
:blissey: :Chansey: :gliscor: :sableye-mega: :dugtrio: :gothitelle: :clodsire: :Dondozo: :toxapex: :alomomola:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)