Myfirst Nu rmt

hello smogon community this is my first rmt and im a little excited. Now my team is mostly sets that are uncommon or never used as far as ive seen and some pokemon ive been able to give a little niche.

Flareon@choice band
252 atk/252 speed evs)adamant) flash fire
-bite
-return
-quick attack
-fire fang
Alright, now i know what your thinking "your insane a physical Flareon is horrible" you would actualy be suprised. It seems to me that he has great potential and his movepool isnt as bad as you would think. Fire Fang and Bite are almost unresisted as far as i know and i think it can put a dent in alot of pokemon. Return is his strongest option outside super bite and fire fang and quick attack is for priority against weakened foes.

Floatzel@ choice band
252 atk/252 speed evs)adamant)swift swim
-crunch
-ice fang
-waterfall
-aqua jet
This guy i rarely see. He has a monstrous speed with decent attack that most people dont take advatage of because of newer choices like SubBulk Up braviary. With this move set this guy has superb coverage and can hit pretty decent with aqua jet as its priority falling at a 60 base power do to STAB.

Grovyle@ focus sash
252 atk/252 speed)adamant)lvl 16
-endeaver
-quick attack
-protect/detect
-toxic
This is a pokemon i found a niche for with ratatata and aron as a endeaver suicide. This set is no where near perfect because of the ghost types being immune to both the quick attack and endeaver leftover and other hp restoring items and moves aswell as pokemon that have their own priority moves but over all it can take a trainer by suprise. Protect can be used for scouting and toxic can be used of course to put a timer on pokemon that are immune to endeaver and if you just dont think its worth it.

Ramapardos@ choice scarf
252 atk/ 252speed)adamant) mold breaker
-stone edge/ head smash
-earthquake
-crunch
-zenheadbut
Yes.he has a choice scarf for that little extra speed. Im not sure if im willing to let him take the recoil from head smash or just lose some power and accuracy so i wont take recoil. The earthquake and crunch are for coverage and zenheadbut is there for hitting phycics who resist all but earthquake on this set. i use adamant to max attack over jolly because i dont want to sacrafice to much power.

Now im missing a few things a defensive pivot and a rapid spinner. I was wondering if it was neccesary to have these two and wondered if i should just go for choice users or Lo users. Then i thought i could have a power house AND a rapid spinner in Torkoal!

Torkoal@ white herb
128 atk/128 spatk/252 speed) ???
-earthquake
-fire blast
-shell smash
-rapid spin
I know this is wierd. I have soem points in Physical and some in Special attack but thats because i dont have access to B/W2 so.... no earth power. I wish i did but i dont so im a little both ways which can be a good or bad thing because now i can go against physical and special walls but with considerably less damage.

Now im looking at my team agian. Torkoal has got my rapid spin problem down, but i releized i had a major weakness to water except grovyle and floatzel where grovyle wont matter period and floatzel is kinda frail so i needed a great defensive wall that also solves my water type problem. SO i thought about it and decided on Amoongus

Amoongus@ black sludge
252 def/252 hp) bold) effect spore
-giga drain
-clear smog
-toxic/synthesis
-spore
Amoongus goes great member of this team resisting water types which does the most and hitting back with a powerful giga drain to heal off the damage. He has spore which is pretty much a staple and clear smog to mess with set up sweepers. I dont know if im going to use toxic or synthesis yet. Toxic sets a timer on alot of pokemon laking a team member or laking heal bell itself or rest but synthesis allows instant recovery.

So thats my team i hope you like it as much as i do and i cant wait to here your responses

About the layout, you can instantly import from Pokemon Showdown in the teambuilder, and just copy/paste it to your post. and on spelling i think people should be a bit less eliteist, not everyone has perfect spelling, as long as you can read it, what's the deal?Well, i'm no expert on the matter, but i think you'd be better off ditching the Grovyle, as it can only take out 1 pokemon max, and you can easily get something much better in that slot. If you want a revenge killer, absol will work wonders, and it's also a very good pokemon out of revenge killing. If you want less common pokemon, Linoone with Extremespeed and a silk scarf/Normal Gem can work as well. Also, 3 choice pokemon seems a bit overdone. I suggest changing/replacing your Flareon. the floatzel seems viable, and Rampardos is pretty beastly, although the choice scarf seems a bit gimmicky (you could try giving it a quick claw if you want to be really alternative, although it's by no means safe).
I don't have enough knowledge to give any more specific suggestions, i hope this helps.

Sorry about that. Let me rate what I can.

First, Regenerator > Effect spore. With regenerator you get 33% (!) of you health back every time you switch. Giga drain may not be as strong as you seem to think it is, though.

4 SpA Amoonguss Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Samurott: 57.83 - 68.67% Guaranteed 2HKO.

4 SpA Amoonguss Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Octillery: 50.84 - 59.88% Guaranteed 2HKO.

It is certainly not weak, though.

4 SpA Amoonguss Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Solid Rock Carracosta: 87.17 - 102.56% Guaranteed 2HKO.

With regenerator, Toxic > Synthesis. Synthesis is not needed if you have regenerator.

Also, if you need to see if this team is good, try out http://pokemonshowdown.com/ .

That's about it for Amoongus. I would love to rate more, but this RMT is really clustered. I understand it was rushed, yes, but that's what the edit button is for. Pokemonshowdown formats your team instantly, so you can put it here. EX:

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Toxic

This makes it a lot easier to read. I hope I helped.

ok thanks for the imput guys
Donphantastic@ yea i havnt been on pokemon showdown in a while i made this one looking a the nu list and reading a few articles here and there. Grovyle is only on this team because i real wanted to give him a niche i probably will replace him at some point. Flareon is one of the pokemon this is about ill soon be getting a guts flareon from a friend so ill probably be replacing that with a toxic orb set. choice scarf is so he can get more speed because he already has incredible power without the choice band or life orb and he was real lacking speed.

evillocke@ i dont have access to dream world but i can see if i can get regenerator if possible trust me id love to get it =D. I agree that toxic with regenerator works better but since i have to use effect spore rigt now i think i may go with synthesis or maybe something else like rain dance or sunny dance to boost some damage.

also i should be getting this along with the flareon

Torkoal @ White Herb
252 SpAttack/252 Speed
nature: Timid
Ability: White Smoke
- Shell Smash
-Fire Blast
- Rapid Spin
-Earth power
so.....yea i plan on having fun with this is i get it.

also what should i replace grovyle with? maybe Golurk or kangashkan or Ludicolo.

ok thanks for the imput guys
Donphantastic@ yea i havnt been on pokemon showdown in a while i made this one looking a the nu list and reading a few articles here and there. Grovyle is only on this team because i real wanted to give him a niche i probably will replace him at some point. Flareon is one of the pokemon this is about ill soon be getting a guts flareon from a friend so ill probably be replacing that with a toxic orb set. choice scarf is so he can get more speed because he already has incredible power without the choice band or life orb and he was real lacking speed.

evillocke@ i dont have access to dream world but i can see if i can get regenerator if possible trust me id love to get it =D. I agree that toxic with regenerator works better but since i have to use effect spore rigt now i think i may go with synthesis or maybe something else like rain dance or sunny dance to boost some damage.

also i should be getting this along with the flareon

Torkoal @ White Herb
252 SpAttack/252 Speed
nature: Timid
Ability: White Smoke
- Shell Smash
-Fire Blast
- Rapid Spin
-Earth power
so.....yea i plan on having fun with this is i get it.

also what should i replace grovyle with? maybe Golurk or kangashkan or Ludicolo.

That's what showdown is for. You can use those abilities.

i probably wont be posting for a while till i can find a way to test my team. I will probably be replacing grovyle with ludicolo and when i next update it i will add pictures and what ever it is i need to make this thread up to standards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)