My UU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first team, and it has won a few battles, but lost a bunch. Please tell me what you think and help me improve it.

The lead

Hitmontop @ focus sash adamant Technician 252att/252spe/4hp
Fake out
Mach Punch
Endeavor
Rapid spin

My lead/spinner. I had Ambipom doing this job, but i found Hitmontop superior to him. Endeavor is somewhat of a suprise. I can take an air slash from lead Moltres and Yanmega and mach puching them away. However, I am considering dumping it for close combat or bullet punch (so I can actually hit ghosts). Not really much to say about the other moves.

Venusaur @ leftovers calm overgrow 252hp/252spd/4spa

sleep powder
leech seed
energy ball
sludge bomb

Classic grass strategy. Sleep them, seed them and smack them around. Energy ball makes for more reliable stab than grass knot in uu. Sludge bomb does a crapload of damage to most things and covers other grasses who are immune to leech seed.

Clefable @ life orb jolly magic guard 252att/252spe/4spd

Belly drum
double edge
meteor mash
softboiled

Belly clef. This set can sweep almost everything if it can set up. Life orb and double edge have no recoil. Meteor mash hits rocks that resist. Softboiled gives it the ability to heal off belly drum damage.

Slowking @ leftovers own tempo bold 114hp/144spd/252spa

psychic
surf
slack off
flamethrower

My special wall/sweeper. Slowking can take almost any non supereffective special attack. It also has special attack to sweep, although its speed is abysmal. Surf and Psychic have near perfect coverage together. Slack off gives it healing.

Rotom@ choice specs timid levitate 252att/252spe/4hp

thunderbolt
signal beam
shadow ball
hp ice

My special swepper. Thunder bolt and shadow ball are stabed and have great coverage. Signal beam hits darks, and hp ice makes rotom my Altaria counter. I'm thinking about the possibility of trick over signal beam

Relicanth @ choice scarf jolly rock head 252att/252spe/4hp

head smash
waterfall
earthquake
stealth rock
Relicanth often comes in near the beginning of the battle to seat up rocks. Later, he head smashes his way through with 90 base attack, and no recoil. waterfalland earthquake give good coverage.

please rate/ give me tips

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
6. Formatting. Make your post readable. If the format is messy and illegible you will not be likely to receive help and may have your thread locked. Adding pictures to your post can make it more visually appealing too, but pay attention to rule 11. Here is a guideline on how to post each Pokemon.

Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
EVs:
Nature:
- move
- move
- move
- move

*Detailed description of the Pokemon's purpose to the team*

This is not set in stone, but the above example or a slight variation thereof makes for a much "cleaner" post.

Alternately, you can use Shoddy's "Export to Text" feature under Tools, which gives you a simple, clean format similar to the one above with all the information already filled in for you. Again, though, make sure to add descriptions of each Pokemon.
I urge you to adhere to this rule because it is essential your RMT is as neatly formatted as possible to make a better read.

I also would like you to take note of the following rule:

3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Your individual descriptions could be improved and I would like you to add a bit more content underneath each set.

By sending me a PM when this is finished, I will unlock your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)