My team based around Gengar and Gyarados

Since Pyr0 never replied, I had to build a team on my own. :'( Don't you feel sad for me?

Gyrados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate < Lowers opponent's Atk 1 stage upon entering battle. >
Adamant Nature < +Atk / -SAtk >
* Dragon Dance
* Earthquake
* Ice Fang
* Waterfall

Electivire @ Life Orb
Trait: Electric Engine < Raises Speed 1 Stage when hit with (Electric) Attacks. >
Nature: Rash < +SAtk / -SDef >
* Cross Chop
* Ice Punch
* Rock Slide
* Thunderbolt

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Viel < Ups Evasion in a Sandstorm. >
Nature: Jolly < +Spd / -SAtk >
* Dragon Claw
* Earthquake
* Fire Fang
* Swords Dance

Gengar @ Magnifying Glass
Trait: Levitate < Immune to (Ground) Attacks. >
Nature: Timid < +Spd / -Atk >
* Focus Bomb
* Shadow Ball
* Thunderbolt
* Will-O-Wisp

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Trait: Download < Ups ( Atk / SAtk ) depending on foe strongest stat - ( Def / SDef ). >
Nature: Timid < +Spd / -Atk >
* Ice Beam
* Scheme
* Thunderbolt
* Tri-Attack

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sycronize < Passes on Status Effects to opponent. >
Nature: Bold < +Def / -Atk >
* Baton Pass
* Mean Look
* Toxic
* Wish

I need help on the EVs for everything. >_>

Very hard to read. I'm guessing your third pokemon is Garchomp?

Not much to say about a team full of standards (cue Surgo's Link) but i will say that Gengar doesn't have the defenses to be sportin' focus bomb with miltank and kangaskhan around.

The Gyarados/Electivire combo is nice.

Sorry, I dunno what happened to the thread. Fixed it, though.

Gyarados + Electivire = Sex

Gengar can use Focus Bomb fairly well, actually. :o

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Agunomuu is a problem for this team. Umbreon can't attack, so it can't really beat it, and the rest of your team can't really wall it. Also, put Earthquake on Electivire over Rock Slide... Slide doesn't help you much (who are you planning to hit with it? Beedrill?), while EQ gives you a better chance at stopping Raikou sweeps.

Sorry hehe, ive been flooded with Homework. but this guys can help you too.

I use this set for electrivire

Electivire (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Electric Engine
Ev's 252 Atk / 156 Spd / 160 SAtk
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Brick Break [corss chop is way too little PP for my likes]
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Also, since your using Download Porygon-Z try the old AgilyGon set with a D/P twist.

Agility
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Hidden Power [Ground] / Tri Attack

Mixed PorygonZ is the way to go.

Umbreon really isn't helping your team much, despite the Wish support. Try Vaporeon, Togekiss or Jirachi if you want Wish passers. At least those three can attack quite effectively.

You need some way to beat raikou/azelf after a scheme. Weavile could also give you serious problems. Gyarados needs twave/taunt.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Not necessarily. I've seen quite a few teams that could not handle the Waterfall/Ice Fang/EQ variant. I know I usually suggest Ice Fang/EQ/strategy move, but the added boost of Waterfall might be enough to take down something problematic, like a weakened Skarmory.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If Skarmory is weakened it's probably going to want to Feather Rest, which Gyarados will Taunt. Waterfall's 120 vs Ice Fang's 65 is a big difference, but you don't want it to Feather Rest and you'd actually prefer the extra DDs under your belt for whatever comes after you kill Skarmory, who will get off one Drill Peck tops if it stays in when weakened.

Even a weakaned Blissey is really awesome to keep weak as hell with Taunt whether or not they "predict" you and Toss instead of using Softboiled, since against DD/WF/IF/EQ it has an 80% Chance to Softboiled and have a great shot at tossing Gyarados to death.

I obvious am gay for you Misty but you still don't seem to be accepting the fact that Gyarados totally owns Skarmory in DP even after my walls of words on this subject! (maybe youre not reading them like everyone else ?_? {haha that can mean either everyone else is or is not im such a card})

Misty

oh
Well, a max attack Adamant DD Ice Fang does almost nothing to Skarmory. Even with 3 DDs with max attack + Adamant, you might get 38% against a 334/416 Skarmory. With Waterfall, you only need a single DD to do 42% to said Skarmory, and if it flinches... yep. You were the one who pointed out that DD/Waterfall was what made it hard for Skarmory to counter Gyarados consistently, so don't claim I'm not reading! >:O

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lol i know you are reading i'm just a goof

I did however also strive to make the point that Skarmory literally can't do anything to/against Gyarados when Taunted besides peck away with pathetic damage, doing 5-7% net to my bukier version. I seriously, no joke, WANT Skarmory to stay in and give me a DD or six, because Ice Fang/Earthquake even from 319 Attack OHKOs virtually everything that threatenes Gyarados but, ironically, Skarmory with +4 attack or greater.

I say "threatens" because Suicune can't do shit because of Taunt, Creseria can't do shit because of Taunt, Milotic can't do shit because of Taunt, Bronzong can't do shit because of Taunt, Ice Pebble can't do shit to 235 Def, and 681 speed Gyarados outspeeds all the gimmick Adherence Scarf users. Rhyperion and ultradefensive Dusknoir are the only pokemon that still force Gyarados to switch if it has four DDs, but getting 4 DDs is admittedly very situational so there's only so far we can take the hypothetical argument.

That said, as far as Wifi play goes, I'm not sure which is better bewteen Waterfall and Taunt, and will probably be torn as hell lol. People still discount Taunt on Netbattle so I think it's safe to assume there'd be even more carelessness on Wifi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)