My second attempt at a competitive team.

Togekiss (M) @ N/A

Ability: Serene Grace
Modest Nature
-Ancient Power
-Sweet Kiss
-Dazzling Gleam
-Metronome(will be changed)

Togekiss is usually one of my lead Pokemon in double battles. Dazzling Gleam to hit both opponents and obtain a stab bonus. Ancient Power because of my ability get the effects of the move boosted in chance as to raise all of my stats while doing descent damage. And yes i'll replace Metronome. just don't know what with.

Ampharos (f) @ Ampharosite

Ability: Static (Mega Ability is Mold breaker)
Modest Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Dower Gem
-Electro Ball?

Meet my mega Pokemon. Trained in spec. Attk. and speed I can dish out a power house attack faster than a special event rikou (Yes i tested that.) Electro Ball is there because I'm still training it. any suggestions are welcome.

Crawdaunt (M) Lax incense
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
-Crabhammer
-Waterfall
-Night Slash
-Rock Smash

I know what your thinking "Who the h*ll runs Crawdaunt", but this thing can, when using crabhammer, knock out a Chansy in one hit. So do you see the reason.

Emboar (M) @ N/A
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
-Assurance
-Heat Crash
-Head Smash
-Flame Charge?

I ran this thing purely for it's attack stat and to get a fire type. Nothing more than that.

Vivillon (F) N/A
Ability: Shield Dust
Modest Nature
-Bug Buzz
-Draining Kiss
-Psychic
-U-turn

That's right i'm taking Pokemon #666 to fight. I like it because I have my fairy move that restores health, Stab bonus Bug buzz, and i can fight Poison types (super effective against Togekiss). U-turn is just my e-scape method if nessisary.

Metagross (N/A) @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt
-Meteor Mash
-Protect

This was the best give away Pokemon i have ever gotten. The Moveset on it should be good.

If you are all still hear thank you for reading this. I want honest, constructive criticism on my team and there movesets. None are final and not all Pokemon are fully trained. This team here is going to nationals. I just need some good old fashion spit and polish. Again thank you.\

-Ace

By the way just because i forgot to put this in the thread. lol. This team is meant to compete in national tournaments.

If your team is going to official tournaments you're going to need a lot of work, unfortunately.

At the very least Emboar needs to go, absolutely. He's probably the worst fire starter in the series, slow medicore, etc.

Your team is very very slow, I'd personally reccomend dropping ampharos for a faster or stronger mega evolution like maybe lucario, who hits fast and hard from both sides of the spectrum.

Crawdaunt is a good pokemon but you fail to see what makes him good, It's his ability "Adaptibility" Which raises moves with a same-type attack bonus to 2x power instead of 1.5x power. Going forward with that, you should see that your Crawdaunt is lacking a dark type move. The best dark type move you should aim for is Knock-Off Because it becomes absurdly powerful when it knocks an item off, let alone with Adaptibility.

Togekiss is pretty bulky and has a lot of good moves to help support it, you should be utilizing those moves such as roost, and thunder wave to keep it alive longer.

All in all I could rant quite a bit about this team and it's shortcomings but I don't want to flood you with information quite yet.

I would honestly try to play with your team on http://pokemonshowdown.com/ until you realize what your team is lacking and working around with it, and once you feel like you have a full complete team idea, you should give a rmt another whirl.

I can tell you're pretty new to competitive pokemon and that practice honestly does make perfect, if you're concerned about making your team on the actual game, you should look around the numerous trade threads for some assistance in pokemon you want to try.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)