My NU Team

Introduction
I have made some changes to my team and I want to know what you guys think!

Mightyena
I chose this pokemon because I wanted a pokemon that was a pure Dark type.I also wanted a pokemon with a pretty good Attack and can make up for its Speed with Quick Feet ability.It also has decent attacks that gain STAB.

Mightyena
Ability:Quick Feet
EV's 252 Speed 252 Attack
Item:Toxic Orb
My First Physical Sweeper

Moveset
-Howl To boost my Attack stat.
-Crunch To gain STAB and to lower the enemy's Defense.
-Roar To make the enemy send out a different pokemon.
-Sucker Punch To gain STAB and to attack first.

Spinda
I chose this pokemon because I wanted a pokemon that was pure normal.
I also wanted a pokemon that could learn Teeter Dance. It also has some good attacks like Dizzy Punch and Sucker Punch.It also has a good ability in Own Tempo.

Spinda
Ability:Own Tempo
Nature:Calm
EV's 252 SpD 252 HP 4 Attack
Item:Leftovers
My Special Defensive Wall

Moveset
-Hypnosis To make my enemy asleep.
-Dizzy Punch To gain STAB and to make my enemy confused.
-Sucker Punch To attack first against any pokemon.
-Teeter Dance To confuse my enemy.

Glaceon
I chose this pokemon because I wanted a newer pokemon that was pure Ice.I looked at Glaceon and I saw that it was a pokemon that was pure Ice and that has pretty good stats.Its also is one of the newer evolutions of Eevee. I'm not making a Hail team either.

Glaceon
Ability:Snow Cloak
Nature:Bold
EV's 252 Defense 252 HP 4 SpA
My Defensive Wall

Moveset
-Hail To activate my ability Snow Cloak.
-Icy Wind To gain STAB and to lower the enemy's Speed.
-Mirror Coat To counter SpA moves.
-Blizzard To gain STAB and freeze the enemy.

Delibird
I chose this pokemon because it has a pretty good Speed stat and has some interesting things about it.It also has a good ability Hustle to make it a Physical Sweeper which I hope to do with my Delibird.

Delibird
Ability:Hustle
Nature:Jolly
EV's:252 Speed 252 Attack
Item:Focus Sash
My Second Physical Sweeper

Moveset
-Present A physical attack that is random.
-Sky Attack A very strong physical attack that gains STAB.
-Headbutt A move that is somewhat strong and may cause the enemy to flinch.
-Toxic To poison the enemy so badly that they die and to piss off the enemy.

Illumise
I chose this pokemon because I wanted a bug type pokemon with a very good ability in Tinted Lens.This pokemon has a above average Speed stat and has some very interesting moves like Flatter and Moonlight.I also wanted a pokemon that could only be a girl.

Illumise
Ability:Tinted Lens
Nature:Timid
EV's:252 Speed 252 SpA 4HP
My second Special Sweeper

Moveset
-Moonlight To heal my HP faster than Leftovers.
-Flatter To confuse the foe so it hurts its self in confusion.
-Bug Buzz To gain STAB and to lower enemy's SpD.
-Charm To reduce the Attack of my enemy.

Volbeat
I chose this pokemon because of its interesting move Tail Glow and its ability Swarm.I also wanted a pokemon that could only be a boy and since it has decent stats and a good attack and ability.So I decided to put in into my party.

Volbeat
Ability:Swarm
Nature:Timid
EV's 252 Speed 252 SpA 4 SpD
My third Special Sweeper

Moveset
-Tail Glow To raise my special attack.
-Signal Beam To gain STAB and to confuse the enemy.
-Protect To protect Volbeat from sweepers with higher Speed.
-Bug Buzz To gain STAB and have an attack that is Bug type and can dish out some damage.

Thanks for looking at my team and please rate it honestly!

You asked for honesty, remember that...

Mightyena lead is going to lose to pretty much everything. ScarfApe can U-Turn or Close Combat, heck, it dosen't even need the Scarf, and due to having no Focus Sash, you're sure to be OHKO'ed.

Pinser will just Close Combat you.

Floatzel will probobly Taunt to stop you from setting up, and then 2HKO with Waterfall -> Aqua Jet [The latter negateing Sucker Punch]

Persian leads will Fake Out and Return to 2HKO.

That's just the tip of the iceburg.

Spinda has no right to be called a wall, a sweeper, or anything. There are many FAR better NU Pure Normals. Miltank [Can function as a wall too], Kangaskahn, Tauros. And Sucker Punch can be negated by faster priority, like Skuntank.

Glaceon itself is good. The way you are using is not. Glaceon is a sweeper, not a wall. It blows holes in things with Specs Blizzards. It doesn;t use Hail and get itself killed as it sets it up, or Mirror Coat, because it won't take one of the powerful Fire-Type attacks in the teir. Icy Wind is just pointless, and Ice Beam > Blizzard.

As Glaceon is actually useful, I'll actually suggest a better set for it:

Glaceon @ Choice Scarf
252 Sp.Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Modest Nature

Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Electric/Grass
Baton Pass [Scouting, like Jolteon]

This set is from the top of my head.

Delibird has no right to be called a Sweeper.

Aside from Stealth Rock, which will inevitably be set up due to your dreadful lead, ripping 50% off it's HP, Hustle takes off accuracy, Base 75 Speed is meh, and Base 55 Attack is no use at all.

What is the point of Illumise and Volbeat on the same team? Aside from both being LOLWEAK, and both taking 50% from SR, they won't live to do anything.

In all honesty, this is probobly the worst team I've seen. I can't really suggest how to improve it, without a 100% overhaul, which would just be making a team for you.

So, my suggestion:

Scrap the team, go on CAP, ask about information regarding NU, and then make a new team. This team is beyond redemption without a complete overhaul.

I apologise if this seemed trollish, but, let's face it, this team is dreadful.

Threats:

Scarfmortar runs through the WHOLE TEAM with Flamethrower. SpecsMortar OHKO's the whole team.

Skuntank can sweep with Sucker Punch alone if Mightyena's down.

Stealth Rock will take 187.5% off your team in a normal game [150% from Delibird, Volbeat, and Illumise, 25 from Glaceon, 12.5% from Spinda, 0 from your lead, obviously] That's almost 2 KO's from SR alone. Without switching.

Anything carrying a Fire or Rock-type move rips this team apart, Fighting type moves also do a number, as do Electric.

Dude, your thread gets unlocked when you update it so it fits the rules. You don't change it on your own and then post a team that is 2/3 identical. fix the original, get it unlocked, bump it, and for the love of god, man, go here and learn what is actually viable in NU:project NU

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
This team may be updated, but is by no means still competitively viable. Any team with any fire attack sweeps you. I agree with other posters-scrap and start over. Lurk a little bit and read about the NU tier. I might sound harsh, but this isn't wifi where you can throw a team together and beat people.

Double team is also illegal on Shoddy clauses.

I just want to point out more specifically that your team has 4 fire weaknesses and no resists, as well as 3 fighting weakness. Ape/cham love to throw around CC/Brick Breaks, and Mag/typh/char/Entei can spam fire moves and blow through everything in the tier bar slowking and a few choice pokemon, so I'd say its safe to say that Fire ande fighting are the two most used attack types of NU. You're team is doomed, man.
By the way, do you actually read our posts? because while we give you feedback, your supposed to give our feedback feedback. Tell us why you don't want to scrap the team, or at least tell us if you've been lurking around Project NU or not. I think you'd enjoy NU if you knew which pokemon where actually viable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)