Venusaur@Choice Specs

Modest

EVs: 236 HP/20 Spd./252 Sp. Atk.

IVs:31/30/30/31/31/31

-HP Ice 70
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Talk

This is my lead, it can absorb sleep from the standard Gengar by using Sleep Talk and the other moves are self explanatory.

Sharpedo@Choice Band

IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk./252 Spd.

Jolly

-EQ
-Ice Fang
-Night Slash
-Waterfall

My physical sweeper and I think he does his job well, Night Slash and Waterfall for physical STAB moves, EQ for coverage and Ice Fang for Grasses,Flyers,Rocks,Grounds and so on.

Swellow@Flame Orb

EVs: 252 Atk./252 Spd./4 Sp. Def.

Jolly

-Brave Bird
-Facade
-Pursuit
-U-Turn

Brave Bird for STAB, Facade to take advantage of Flame Orb, Pursuit for the runners and U-Turn for a free switch with no damage.

Rotom@Choice Specs

IVs:31/31/30/30/30/30

EVs:6 HP/252 Spd./252 Sp. Atk.

-HP Fighting 70
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Trick

HP fighting deals with the pokemon that could possibly wall this set, Shadow Ball and T-bolt for STAB and Trick is to annoy opponent.

Mr. Mime@Leftovers

Filter

Calm

EVs: 252 HP/216 Spd./40 Sp. Def.

-Thunder Wave
-Teeter Dance
-Psychic
-Substitute

This is the parafusion set and I find it to be pretty effective although it would probably get walled by Taunt users:(

Octillery@Scope Lens

IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31

EVs:252 HP/252 Sp. Atk./4 Spd.

Modest

-Energy Ball
-Focus Energy
-Surf
-Ice Beam

This is the Critillery set and does its' job by raising its' crit. ratio up as high as it will go and then hit as hard as possible.

This is a decent team, I can't really suggest any changes, since I'm a little out of it right now. Just wondering though, why would Venusaur need to absorb sleep from Gengar. He is an OU and thus banned from UU play.

Wait maybe I'm misunderstanding, is this a UU tier for UU battles or a UU team that you're going to use against people using OU? Regardless, it's a nice team.

It's a UU team for the UU tier:) Also I've encountered some threats to this team, Choice Scarf Hitmonlee, Choice Scarf Aerodactyls and just Aerodactyls in general which every UU team probably has trouble with:) and Focus Sash Counter Cacturnes, will continue testing.

Crunch has higher BP than night slash on sharpedo barring the crit of course =)
I think mr.mime's kinda useless I'd use him to pass CM to venusaur and rotom and octillery?

I agree with surfing Pika that you should use crunch instead of nightslish. With the torpedo shark ready to die with almost anything that hits it, you need to put out as much power as possible and not just have a move that requires you to cross your fingers and hope for a crit.

I disagree with Pika that Mr. Mime is useless. He just listed why his statement was useless too oddly enough. Rotom can sweep like crazy in UU and calm mind passing to him can be deadly.

Why worry about Gengar if it's a UU team?

Anyway, pretty solid team, however froslass can certainly do some serious damage on you, Giving Rotom scarf would fix that, but I guess it's not that kind of set.

And yeah, Crunch>Night Slash

Crunch > Night Slash indeed.

Only comment, Swellow is totally walled by Steel types. So you're probably going to get two turns of status damage (U-Turn makes it even more likely), then have to switch out, and Flame Orb does more over two turns then Toxic Orb.

So Crunch over Night Slash for Sharpedo, any suggestions for Swellow or Mr. Mime? Should I just leave the sets as they are or change them?

I'm also noticing through recent battles that my team has trouble countering the Kangaskhan version with Substitute, Sucker Punch, Body Slam, ???? w/ Scrappy and also in general pokemon that are faster and can use Substitute(ex: Jumpluff), any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)