ORAS NU My New NU Stall Team

Hey everyone, I'm here today with a very new NU Stall team. I just made this team last night, so I'm still working out the kinks. So far I've gone 18-2 with it, and one of those losses was before I made some major changes, so I figure I'm doing something right, even if it isn't quite perfect just yet. I've always been a stall player most of the time, so this team really fits my play style.

I don't think this team is totally perfect, so I'm somewhat open to suggestions. That being said, I'm also quite picky when it comes to teambuilding, so don't expect me to make many changes. Basically, you're really gonna have to impress me if I'm gonna change anything. Most of the time when people suggest changes, I find that it throws off what I was going for, and while it might fix certain issues, it only establishes new ones. So if I don't take your suggestion, it's nothing personal, it's just that I didn't agree with it. A real possibility is that while it may have been a solid suggestion, it just didn't fit with the way I personally like to play. Please keep that in mind.

But I know some of you are going to be closely looking for a way to improve the team, so let me save you some time and point out what I consider to be the biggest weakness. I'll copy and paste directly from the Grumpig description:

"I do wish that it could deal with Special Water type Wallbreakers better (Specs Lanturn, Specs Samurott and Special Floatzel), but you can't get everything. If I had to pick a flaw with this team as a whole, that would be it."

So if you can fix that without creating new problems, by all means, go for it. Anyway, that aside, let's get started.

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam

A Mega? In NU? Sign me up. I've admired Mega-Audino's bulk for a very long time, and I've finally built a team based on its amazing defense. This thing is like Alomomola, and if you've seen my RU team, you know I love Alomomola. The numbers don't lie: 409 HP and 386 Physical Defense. Plus with 290 Special Defense, it can hold its own in the Special game as well. Its Fairy typing is fantastic, and it is hands down the best Wish passer in NU. Toxic is there for wearing the opponent down (a habit of mine), and Dazzling Gleam is the STAB attack. And I love running Protect on Stall teams. It only helps the wearing down process.

Now, I have considered making Mega-Audino Specially Defensive based instead of Physically Defensive. The thing is, it just functions so much better as a Physically Defensive Pokemon. The only issue is that my team is lacking in the Special Defense department. But with the ability to sponge hits so well and pass Wishes so easily, I really like it the way it is. Perhaps I could see it as a Mixed Pokemon with EVs in both Sp. Def and Def, but I really hate doing that. I'm of the philosophy that Pokemon should excel in one area to the best of their abilities and let their teammates handle the rest. Regardless, I've been extremely happy with Mega-Audino so far.

And while it's probably not the best example, I just want to show that Mega-Audino can somewhat hold its own in taking Special Attacks, despite the lack of investment:

252 SpA Life Orb Pyroar Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Audino: 169-200 (41.3 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

And if you want a reason for keeping the EVs the way they are:

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Audino: 129-152 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- 77.6% chance to 3HKO

Yup, a Tauros check.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Curse
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover

A problem with a Stall team is that the opponent can often have a great time by setting up. Quagsire, for the most part, eliminates that concern. Thanks to the ability Unaware, Stat increases by the opposing Pokemon are meaningless. And by making this Quagsire a Curse variant, it allows me to beat Malamar.

I don't need to go too in depth here. Curse boosts Attack and Defense, Scald gives me a Burn chance, Earthquake is an attack, and Recover keeps Quagsire alive. While I would love to give it Toxic as well, there simply isn't room. So while Quagsire does lose to the Toxic-variant of opposing Quagsire, other Pokemon on my team can usually handle such a situation. Long story short, I really consider this Quagsire to be a sort of glue that keeps my team from being setup upon.

Skuntank @ Black Glasses
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Sucker Punch
- Defog
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Skuntank is probably the most exciting member of the team. It's clearly an offensive Pokemon, but here I am using it on a Stall team. With all the Xatus and Mesprits running around this tier, I really wanted something with Pursuit, and Skuntank is the best of the bunch, in my opinion. Add in the ability to remove Hazards via Defog, and Skuntank is a winner.

I'm a strong believer in the idea that if you can eliminate an opposing Pokemon ASAP, you do exactly that. Skuntank offers me that luxury. With a base Attack stat of 313 coupled with a x1.2 boost from Black Glasses, you get 376. That's no slouch. And I'll go ahead and make a bold statement: Dark is the best offensive typing in Pokemon right now. If you disagree with that, so be it, but I for one believe that Dark-Spam is a very serious threat.

The move Pursuit traps Psychic Pokemon, often eliminating them from the match entirely. Add in the moves Sucker Punch and Crunch, and I now have the ability to play mind games with my opponent, a concept that I am very much a fan of. I bring this Skuntank in on many different Pokemon, mostly Special Walls. They go to switch, and they get Pursuit-trapped. Simple as that. Even if Skuntank doesn't get the immediate kill, it wears them down for later. With very few viable Wish passers in the tier and reliable recovery being a luxury that many NU Pokemon do not possess, well you get the idea.

And I'd like to give a shout-out to Sucker Punch. Sometimes I get matched up against a Special Sweeper like Vivillon. In the event that such a Pokemon is able to bring down one of my Pokemon, I can usually revenge kill with Skuntank and Sucker Punch. Even if it goes to Roost or whatever, most of the time it is still taking damage from Toxic Poison courtesy of another Pokemon on my team. Eventually, Sucker Punch can usually bring it down. It's such a useful move.

A quick note on Defog. I don't believe my team is heavily hampered by Entry Hazards. That being said, not having a Hazard remover would be foolish because Spikes is a very real threat. In most cases, I'd rather keep Rocks on both sides of the field than have neither side have Rocks. But in the event that I have to deal with Spikes, I want the Hazards gone. I say this because Skuntank is admittedly not the best Pokemon at removing Hazards. It doesn't have amazing Defenses, and it can get worn down (though Wish passing helps prevent this). I consider Hazard-removal to be a secondary goal of Skuntank. Its primary goal is to break walls and eliminate troublesome Pokemon quickly and efficiently. The fact that it can remove Hazards is a bonus simply for the fact that another Pokemon on my team doesn't have to be a dedicated Hazard remover.

One last note, I have considered a Lum Berry over Black Glasses, but I really like the extra power!

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Another Physically Defensive Pokemon? Am I crazy? Perhaps. But the thing is, Weezing is just so freaking good. I know, I'm already stacked on Physical Defense with Mega-Audino, Quagsire and Golurk, but I just love Weezing. It safely switches in on so many Pokemon. Its Poison typing coupled with Levitate to become immune to Ground attacks is incredible. Like for real, how is this thing even NU? I especially like bringing Weezing in on things like Steelix. Whether it switches into Earthquake or Toxic, Weezing is ready for the job.

Don't get me started on Will-O-Wisp. It's such an amazing move. It turns almost any Physically Offensive Pokemon into a joke. Plus the lost of 12.5% HP per turn is a very serious threat. Sludge Bomb is the obligatory STAB attack. The Poison chance isn't shabby either. Flamethrower tells Klinklang to go home. And oh look, our good friend Protect is there to help wear stuff down!

And before you make the suggestion, I know many of you are going to say to run Taunt over Protect. I've considered the change, trust me. It's just wearing stuff down and getting a free turn of recovery from Black Sludge is just much more appealing to me. Besides, it's not like Weezing can get a Taunt off fast enough in most cases any way. In many cases, I'd be using Taunt to prevent a Heal Bell from Musharna or Grumpig. Do I really wanna get slapped with a Super Effective Psychic? I think not. And so what if the opponent tries to set up, that's why we have Quagsire.

I've also toyed with the idea of replacing Weezing entirely. I mean, the team already has enough Physical Defense; does it really need Weezing? It's just that Weezing is so freaking good, and how else am I gonna stop a Swords Dance Shiftry? But switching it for a Specially Defensive Pokemon is an idea I'm open to, but only if done absolutely right. For now, I love Weezing, as it is probably the single most reliable Pokemon on this team.

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Protect

Finally! A Special Defensive Pokemon! As with any Stall team, ya gotta have Heal Bell. Like seriously, if you're trying to play Stall without Heal Bell, you need to reevaluate your life. I had many options for a Heal Bell user, but I ultimately chose Grumpig because of its ability to check Magmortar thanks to its Thick Fat ability.

The moveset is simple. Psychic is a STAB attack, Heal Bell keeps the team Status-free, Toxic wears the opponent down, and Protect is awesome. That's really all I need to say.

I do wish that it could deal with Special Water type Wallbreakers better (Specs Lanturn, Specs Samurott and Special Floatzel), but you can't get everything. If I had to pick a flaw with this team as a whole, that would be it. And oh how I wish Grumpig had its own reliable recovery! That aside, Grumpig is still a very good Pokemon on this team.

A question I am still pondering: can Grumpig handle strong Special-Attacking threats mostly on its own? So far, the answer has been yes. In the battles so far, I have been able to keep it healthy via Wish passes. But I'd be lying if I said that having only one Pokemon on the team with Special Defensive investment doesn't keep me on edge.

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Toxic

This is the weirdest Pokemon on my team. It was the last one I added, and it shows. There were basically two requirements. It had to have Stealth Rock, and it had to beat Zangoose. The Ghost typing was a VERY strong plus for me. And here's the calculation that won me over:

252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Colbur Berry Golurk: 133-157 (34.9 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Now, it's not like I NEED Golurk to beat Zangoose; there's always the good old combination of switching, Protecting and letting its own Toxic Orb do the work. But I don't like crippled Pokemon, and Golurk makes life that much easier. If beating Zangoose wasn't a priority, I probably would have ran something like Special Defensive Cradily to better handle Water types, but I would have been really sad when...

252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Cradily: 404-476 (107.4 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I think it goes without saying, that I was hoping I could fit a Special Defensive Pokemon in this final slot. Unfortunately, asking a Pokemon to put up Rocks, beat Zangoose AND maintain a high Special Defense was a tall order that I couldn't fully fulfill. So before I get into the positive traits of Golurk (and there are plenty), let me just say that this is the Pokemon I am probably most open towards replacing, despite its uniqueness and the fact that it has yet to let me down.

Now that I am done whining about how I couldn't fit Cradily on the team, let me talk about why Physically Defensive Golurk is awesome. First there's the Ghost typing. The Normal immunity and Spinblocking capability is huge for me. I don't really care about the Fighting immunity because Weezing, but hey, it's a nice bonus I guess.

Golurk screams offensive Physical Attacker, but here I have a Physically Defensive set. This is a Stall team after all, and it's not like Golurk can run a viable Special Defensive set. The team already has a plethora of Physically Defensive Pokemon, but like I said, a Wallbreaking Zangoose spamming Facade is a real threat to me.

I'm not a big fan of running Berries. But in this case I made an exception. It goes back to what I said in the Skuntank write-up: Dark Spam is extremely dangerous. Hence the Colbur Berry, which halves Dark type damage.

But all that said, Golurk has one other major perk. Its Attack stat. Despite almost no investment into Attack, Golurk boasts a 286 Attack. That is not too shabby. And with STAB Earthquake, it hits fairly hard. And a free Confusion from Dynamic Punch doesn't hurt either.

And most importantly, Golurk gets down Rocks. That's its number one objective, and it accomplishes it well.

Overall, while I could see myself replacing Golurk for something more "traditional", I'm happy with it for now.

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Curse
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover

Skuntank @ Black Glasses
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Defog
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Protect

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Toxic

So there ya go. I think this team has a fair amount of potential. I'm sure I'll make some sort of change to it eventually, whether it's a suggestion from you guys or a change I make on my own. For now, I'm fairly pleased with it, and hopefully someone out there is happy I posted this.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I'll see ya around.

- Dugtrio

Last edited:
Heya! I'm just fan of stall teams in NU, there are so much possibility when building, and your stall looks pretty solid, glad to see more players experimenting this playstyle. Even if this is a solid stall, there a some things that you can change to improve this teams! Hope this rate gonna be helpful! Let's go!

The first thing that come immediatly in mind is the lack of water resist. These water type are pretty threatening for your team, because they can come pretty easily against whoever they want. The first thing that i suggest is replacing Golurk by Gourgeist-Super. As you said, the ghost typing is pretty important for your team, but i fell like Golurk doesn't have a slot on your team, the main use of Golurk is his ability to be a pretty cool offensive rocker that can beat most spinners. But your team doesn't exploit this ability as your Golurk is defensively oriented. Also as you said. Zangoose is pretty annoying for your team, as your only normal resist was Golurk. That's why i'd suggest giving to Gourgeist the Colbur berry like you did with Golurk. In addition, Gourgeist give to your team, even if it isn't that strong, a grass STAB that can be pretty useful in a lot of situation.

Another thing that is pretty annoying is your lack of flying resist. Regarding to your team, Specs Swellow is a huge threat due to his high speed and his ability to take the momentum if needed. That's why, if you are replacing Golurk, I would like to suggest Steelix over Weezing. In addition to be an amazing flying check, Steelix help you to deal more easily with Fire type such as Tauros/Swellow. (Guts or Specs, even if the specs need to predict the right move) Also, Steelix can be pretty helpful as you don't have any phazer, some set up sweeper can be annoying for your team. Steelix also take care of rest talk Audino.

These two are the two majors changes i can suggest, but there are also 2 small changes i've noticed that can help you in some situation.

I've noticed your team had some troubles with Ludicolo, he can just sweep after some minor damages against Audino and Grumpig. So, changing the spread of Skuntank to 132 HP / 232 Atk / 144 Spe looks pretty helpful as it give you the opportunity to outspeed Modest Ludicolo, and hitting Crunch while he is using rain dance or hydro pump that let you wear it down more easily.

Another changes that can be helpful against Ludicolo is using Thunder wave over Toxic on Grumpig as it let you taking the advantage by reducing his speed and having a chance to seeing this Ludicolo being paralyzed. That can also be helpful against things like Charizard or Magmortar.

Gourgeist -> Golurk

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Foul Play
- Seed Bomb

Steelix > Weezing

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Skuntank spread:

132 HP / 232 Atk / 144 Spe

Thunder Wave > Toxic on Grumpig

Hope this rate has been helpful for you have a good day :)

wassup bro

cool team, for sure I like how you decided to play a quite underrated style in Stall, it's extremely effective in loads of matchups and can be used to catch quite a few people who don't naturally build to beat Stall off guard. Onto the rate and I feel like your teams main weakness will be to Scrappy Normal Types. Kangaskhan and Specs Swellow Especially dump on your main normal resists and make it so that you are under extreme pressure due to the 0 Risk of clicking high power STAB. In terms of Zangoose, I think it's an extremely difficult Mon to use vs Stall generally, and I wouldn't worry about it too much. Audino + Normal Resist is usually enough to stop it cold it doesn't really enjoy coming in on much. One last thing is that running Toxic on like 4 / 6 Mons won't help you out in the long run. Obviously the choice of using Toxic is beneficial, but I don't think it's neccesary to run it on almost everything. Especially on mons like Grumpig and Audino whose main switchins will be Steel Types / or in Audinos Case Poison Types too. It leads me into suggestion #1. Same thing with Protect. It's a good move don't get me wrong, but you won't use it one bit vs a good offense team which will pressure you with settup. Often you can't afford to click Protect incase he sets up, so it's useful on some mons like Audino but otherwise not quite what you need in order to function well.

I recommend running Toxic Spikes > Protect on Weezing. What this lets you do is forego a lot of the Toxic mons you don't need (I'm looking at Grumpig and Audino specifically) in exchange for a much more liberal Toxic Spikes spread. It allows you to be a much more effective "Stall team" since mons will be put on a timer as soon as they come in therefore making appropriate switchins much less risky. The downside to this is that they can be spun away or Absorbed, but you are a Stall team so it doesn't matter too much.
Something else I suggest doing is running Tank Rhydon > Golurk. It helps out a lot with the afformentioned Scrappy Normals but also gives you a proper flying resist too. Stuff like Archeops will be less likely to spam Acrobatics everywhere and putting your team under threat if a hard counter in Rhydon is there.
Lastly we will work out what to do with the slots that have become redundant on Audino and Grumpig. On Audino I suggest running Knock Off > Toxic. What this lets you do is knock off leftovers on switchins, allowing you to more proficiently wear them down also to change its spread to Mixed Defenses: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD with Calm Nature, you can easily beat Special Samurotts in 1v1 Scenarios. They force your hand by you needing to click Mega Evolve, but it's better than forcing you to sack something to get Audino in every time.
On Grumpig, one of its biggest assets is the fact it can beat Steel Types that try and switchin with Focus Blast. What it does do though is provide you with a means of preventing stuff like Steelix Switching in with a constant Stealth Rock / Toxic Pressure. We can run that over Toxic and over protect I think I nice niche move to run is possibly Whirlwind. It's a much easier middle ground play to make than flat out attacking and gives you a means of phazing and bringing mons that don't want to be in, in on Toxic Spikes etc. Also pseudo-prevents you from being trapped by Skunk which is quite handy when you need it to take on Magmortar etc.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn / Toxic / Roar / Swords Dance

I like megahorn to beat xatus that try and roost on it :3 (and malamar if quaggy gets lured /killed )

Overall cool team and I wish you well :D
~HJAD

#sniped.

Last edited:
Holiano, I actually quite like the major changes you suggest. I'll probably try out Gourgeist-Super and Steelix later tonight. I might play around with the moves, but I see the perks in both of those Pokemon. I especially like the fact that Gourgeist has Will-O-Wisp. I'd probably leave Skuntank alone; I see no reason to mess with the Speed EVs when I can effectively just run Sucker Punch against Ludicolo. And I feel like Thunder Wave would just get in the way of my Toxic and Burns. Still, good suggestions.

HJAD, I'm really not a fan of Toxic Spikes. If someone brings in Vileplume or Skuntank, then all that effort is wasted. Plus the inability to hit Flying types and Levitate Pokemon annoys me to no end. I much prefer regular Toxic and just beating a (possible) Heal Bell user somewhere down the match. Just a preference. That kinda renders most of your other changes moot. Others might disagree with me; I just really don't like using Toxic Spikes.

Update: I tried the changes Holiano. Unfortunately, without Weezing my team is simply too weak to Lilligant, a very common setup sweeper.

For your issues against Lilligant, you should've try Lum Berry over Black Glasses on Skuntank it help to deal with Lilligant, and can also be helpful as an option against Vivillon

For your issues against Lilligant, you should've try Lum Berry over Black Glasses on Skuntank it help to deal with Lilligant, and can also be helpful as an option against Vivillon
It wasn't even the sleep. It set up 2 Quiver Dances, had Aromatherapy to deal with Toxic, and +2 Petal Dance one-shot Skuntank.

Aromatherapy Lilligant isn't that common, so i mean that's not something you can take as a major threat for your team, the most common set is quiver dance/sleep powder/[giga drain/petal dance]/hidden power [fire/rock/ice]

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
Hello, its cool that people are experimenting with stall because many people arent prepared to it and straight lose since they dont carry anything to beat it. Im gonna get straight to the point, first thing I noticed is as you mentioned ( very weak to special water types) but this is pretty easy to fix and im just gonna suggest 2 pokemon that will make your matchup vs special sweepers a lot better.
-Speaking of that, Grumpig isnt a good addition to stall in this meta, skuntank is used a lot and grumpig is pokemon that just easily gets pursuit trapped and dies since it plays a sp.def role on this team, your opponent can easily put pressure on your team just by having it in team preview and after it gets pursuit trapped special sweepers will just run through your team.

>
Sliggo doesnt care about any water type, it counters samurott and floatzel that gives trouble to your team, it also stops every single fire type as it just laughs at their coverage moves and just either sets up vs them or rests while setup sweepers like Lilligant cant do anything,its a great special wall and addition to stall teams.

Set:
Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Outrage

>
Golurk is a pokemon that doesnt perform well on stall imo, its best role is as offensive stealth rocker/all out attacker as it threatens a lot of teams with its coverage moves, also with Sliggo addition here you become more weak to ice types. Metang checks a lot of things, its a good normal/flying check,psychic check,another grass check and a Stealth rocker not being weak to ice types like Aurorus or jynx which some stall teams are vulnerable to.

Set:
Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Toxic
- Earthquake

-HJAD gave you Great suggestion on Toxic spikes > Protect on weezing, you cant say youre not a fan of a move that weakens your opponents team every turn and taking damage while youre just chilling and watching their team get weakened every turn as they cant do anything about it, Protect barely does anything on weezing and you have Audino to heal it up anyway, another better option to run over protect is Taunt which will give your team stallbreaker so its your choice.

-Ill give you 2 options on Skuntank here, they are both good and its your decision on which one you want to run,so heres my explanation. Investing in HP on offensive skuntank wont help it much since its HP stat is already high, so usually instead of Eving it in HP its better to put those Evs in Sp.def since its gonna take on special grass types and psychic types a lot better, physical skuntank spread here will give your skuntank a black sludge number which allows it to get a bit more recovery and a better answer to special sweepers. Im also gonna suggest a Special skuntank variant which performs a better Defog role for team while also outspeeding neutral base 70s and Abomasnow,it also gives you a better matchup vs stealth rockers. Black Sluge > Black Glasses as this is stall team and Skuntank prefers longevity over power.

Set:
Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Set 2:
Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 SpA / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Defog

-Hope that my suggestions helped you and good luck in future

Last edited:
Prince Lucian, all of that is fine and dandy, but then my team has no Heal Bell user. Otherwise I would absolutely run Sligoo over Grumpig.

Metang would get destroyed by Zangoose.

I've already explained my reasons for Protect on Weezing. I'm just not a fan of Toxic Spikes. Sorry.

I don't see a need to change Skuntank. I prefer the power.

Last edited:

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
Audino is Cleric user of stall teams,so running heal bell over toxic is the best option.

Again,zangoose isnt a pokemon that youre gonna face on ladder and zangoose is itself a stallbreaker, but your team takes on it well, so no reason to be scared.

-You cant say youre not fan of a move if you dont try it,if you want recovery Pain Split is always a better option

Gl

Believe it or not, I have tried Toxic Spikes (on this team no less). I wasn't a fan. Countering Toxic Spikes is just so easy for many teams. Sure, it gives me a better matchup some of the time, I agree, but as soon as I face a Vileplume, I'm screwed.

I appreciate the help everyone. I'm probably gonna scrap this team, I just don't see it doing what I want to do at this point. I really appreciate the comments though, and I'm sorry if I'm coming off as douche bag (I have a bad habit of that XD), but I think this team isn't gonna work in the long run. I'll need to rethink Stall in NU. I think Pokemon like Sligoo have a whole lot of potential, I just need to figure out how to fit them in. But that's for another day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)