ORAS OU My Main Team Needs Help

My team consists of

Hi all this is my main team and its works pretty well for the most part
but it keep on getting sweeped by Mega Charzard Y and a lot of other pokemon like it. I like using pokemon
that are not that common and make them awesome. Help is needed

el pájaro (Hawlucha) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Soo hawlucha is my main sweeper when I use it I try to swords dance and usually by then its hp would be knocked down to under 50hp and if so the sitrus berry would heal it up losing the berry doubles the speed aka unburden and also doubles the power of acrobatics, so by now I can normally out speed almost any poke so its just drain punch and acro until it faints. But if it does not get knocked under 50hp then I either check to see if the rival pokemon can kill me if so I can baton pass to one of the other pokes depending on the situation (but I usually go for Metagross aka my backup plan) but if the pokemon is no threat then I swords dance again until i go under 50hp :P

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Dynamic Punch
- Bullet Punch

Metagross is my mega if you didn't know that already :[ but it is also my backup plan. Hawlucha usually baton passes to this guy. Metagross is pretty tanky so it can take a few hits but fire type are so comman and are a big threat so I gave it earthquake to counter them its mainly heatran that I see so earthquake is very helpful. Fighting types are not really a treat but they are common so zen headbutt can kill them off but i use it quite commonly plus the flinch helps a lot. Dynamic Punch even tho its 50 50 when it hits not only does it damage but it confuses. And last but not least we have bullet punch this is just there to end a pokemon when its hp is low because of the priority it has but it also helps me against fairy types.

Big Bessy (Avalugg) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Stone Edge
- Mirror Coat
- Curse

Big Bessy aka my Avalugg is my main bulk she can take quite a few hits I know I know ice types are not the most defensive types but that's were mirror coat comes in Avalugg can take an effective hit well but with mirror coat its most likely a OHKO and after that Recover is always there to get the hp back and Curse is there to make Avalugg even more bulky ;)

Gastrodon (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Storm Drain
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake

- Attract
- Recover

Gastrodon well she's there to stall while doing damage little by, by little or a lot it depends... she is there to disable all of the males while also being capable of damaging and recovering. Rocky Helmet is just there to get that extra damage while other mons try to kill me thunder and thunder wave is a big threat to the team so its good that Gastrodon is immune to it:¬|

Dragalge (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Point
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Attract
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald

My main man Dragalge here is an anti fairy, toxic spikes user. I had noticed that a lot of pokemon end up being female so he has attract to disable them. Gunk Shot works well on most fairy types. and scald is there to get that burn in. Being half dragon type most fairy type users don't switch out thinking that there fairy type moves will be super effective but they are not they only do x1 damage and not x2.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Klefki is there to stop most sweepers by paralyzing them with thunder wave and with it prankster ability it will always be able to substitute before most pokemon therefore being able to survive and not get hit while the substitute is up i will usually use calm mind to boost my attack and then use draining kiss to get some hp back.

Last edited:
Ok this team really has no way to damage ferrothorn and scizor reliably.It also struggles against Charizard Y and cant deal with bulky water types like will o wisp rotom-w and slowbro so here are my suggestions

1) Change the metagross set to this as dynamic punch isnt reliable and mega metagross can use better moves-

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm/Earthqauke
- Grass Knot/Ice punch/Bullet punch.
(note:If carrying Hammer arm try killing ferrothorn before mega evolving as the speed drop isn't appreciated and clear body prior to mega prevents stat drops)

i dont see the need for avalugg & kelfki on that team as they kill momentum and dont cover many of your main sweepers weaknesses.they only add weaknesses to zard-x leaving only gastrodon to check it.I would suggest changing avalugg to Hippowdown as it realible checks both Charizard sets up stealth rocks and
helps against talonflame with flareblitz which three of your pokes (metagross hawlucha)

set-

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

also i suggest u change dragalge with a defog scizor as it removes hazards and works well against lati twins(not carrying HP fire.)()

Set(that sprite looks badass.)-

Scizor Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn/knock off

last thing (i hate changing these many pokes but srry.)
I would change klefki to thundurus-I as i handles bulky waters and still provides thunder wave support allng with dealing with non scarf ground types-

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast/taunt
and finally sets of gastrodon and hawlucha could be better

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake/Earthpower
- Toxic
- Recover
earthqauke helps in breaking through Sub cm keldeos substitutes when it gets some calm mind going but earthpower can be used.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

all the speed evs are neceesary as it doesnt outspeed anything significant but 12 hp evs allow it to sub twice and have its sitrus peop rather than using substitute thrice.High jump kick becuse even after one sowrds dance hawluchas base attack doesnt allow it to find KOs with Drain punch.

Hope i helped.Have a nice day!

Ok this team really has no way to damage ferrothorn and scizor reliably.It also struggles against Charizard Y and cant deal with bulky water types like will o wisp rotom-w and slowbro so here are my suggestions

1) Change the metagross set to this as dynamic punch isnt reliable and mega metagross can use better moves-

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm/Earthqauke
- Grass Knot/Ice punch/Bullet punch.
(note:If carrying Hammer arm try killing ferrothorn before mega evolving as the speed drop isn't appreciated and clear body prior to mega prevents stat drops)

i dont see the need for avalugg & kelfki on that team as they kill momentum and dont cover many of your main sweepers weaknesses.they only add weaknesses to zard-x leaving only gastrodon to check it.I would suggest changing avalugg to Hippowdown as it realible checks both Charizard sets up stealth rocks and
helps against talonflame with flareblitz which three of your pokes (metagross hawlucha)

set-

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

also i suggest u change dragalge with a defog scizor as it removes hazards and works well against lati twins(not carrying HP fire.)()

Set(that sprite looks badass.)-

Scizor Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn/knock off

last thing (i hate changing these many pokes but srry.)
I would change klefki to thundurus-I as i handles bulky waters and still provides thunder wave support allng with dealing with non scarf ground types-

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast/taunt
and finally sets of gastrodon and hawlucha could be better

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake/Earthpower
- Toxic
- Recover
earthqauke helps in breaking through Sub cm keldeos substitutes when it gets some calm mind going but earthpower can be used.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

all the speed evs are neceesary as it doesnt outspeed anything significant but 12 hp evs allow it to sub twice and have its sitrus peop rather than using substitute thrice.High jump kick becuse even after one sowrds dance hawluchas base attack doesnt allow it to find KOs with Drain punch.

Hope i helped.Have a nice day!
thanks for the help. But Hawluchas drain punch is not there for ko's its there for hp and it has done some OHKO's i baton pass when its looks like the enimy can kill meh. umm is it possible to change thundurus I dont rly like him much

thanks for the help. But Hawluchas drain punch is not there for ko's its there for hp and it has done some OHKO's i baton pass when its looks like the enimy can kill meh. umm is it possible to change thundurus I dont rly like him much
Thundurus was there to provide quick speed control as that was what klefki did bu also checked bulky waters.If emergency thunder wave is not need anything like raikou could work.(I still preffer thundy as it can easily thunderwave mega lopunny.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)