Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic

My special setup sweeper it's the only pokemon in ou that's fast and powerful can dominate if given the opportunity to setup but falls against physical threats

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
A decent wallbreaker used to check and pokemon with lesser physical defense and sets up grassy surge for hawlucha my setup sweeper

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
Standerd Hawlucha setup sweeper taking advantage of rillabooms grassy surge I've added poison jab to deal with opposing fairys which may defeat nidoking

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Stone Edge
The fastest option for a rocks setter that can function as an early game wallbreaker and deal with defogers like moltres , zapdos and tornadus therian

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

A secondary sweeper /revenge killer via shadow Sneak able to counter dragapult and many other dragons due to being able to get a free swords Dance

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Blizzard
Standerd special wallbreaker set except I've switched Flamethrower and ice Beam for their higher damage less accuracy versions for that bit of extra damage

First thing I want to say is that you should make your rillaboom adamant, because with grassy glide it really doesn't need jolly nature.

The biggest problem about your team is that it lacks pivot moves. Pivot moves are pretty much and essential if you want to keep the momentum going in an HO team without screens/veil.

maybe put fiery dance instead of flamethrower for volcarona 50% chance to raise special attack and put ice beam instead of blizzard for nidoking 100% chance to hit instead of 70% i know you want blizzard but ice beam is a lot better unless you have hail

Change Hawlucha's Poison Jab to Stone Edge to hit Zapdos and Moltres. Fairies aren't too important here.

Change Mimikyu to a suicide lead like Mew or Landorus-T. Mimikyu is super weak and with it you're hard pressed to even break things at +2 because of its pathetic 90 base attack

If you are using a hazard suicide lead like Landorus_T or Mew, switch Stealth Rocks on Garchomp to Swords Dance so you can sweep teams with Swords Dance + Scale Shot.

Change Blizzard on Nidoking to Ice Beam. Blizzard doesn't really do anything special, as Ice Beam is still going to 2HKO most mandibuzz and OHKO Landorus-T. If anything Ice Beam is better at scoring those KOs since you won't miss and accidentally give Landorus-T a free switch-in.

I would like to condense a few general points some people here made into a few specific suggestions:
1. as was already said, it would probably do you good to replace mimikyu with a suicide lead. But the one that I would recommend in this situation hasn't been mentioned, and it's sticky web shuckle. It can greatly help your nidoking get the drop on things, as well as make using moves that are not grassy glide on rilla much easier, which will make pivoting easier. It can even circumstantially help volcarona since it's speed tier is good, but there are still faster mons. It will also help the mon in my next suggestion.
2. Garchomp and grassy terrain are a bit of a counter synergy, and so I would recommend swapping garchomp out. The mon recommended here would be choice specs magearna, as it's typing has great utility, it stuffs dragons just as well as mimikyu if not better,it loves grassy terrain giving it recovery and weakening EQs, and it can utilize volt switch to help your pivot game. Also you already have a ground type in nidoking so you get that sweet electric immunity, and shuckle will take over your rock duties.
3. This is a smaller thing, but flame body is generally preferred on volcarona, since it can cripple an opposing pokemon if you are lucky, and swarm is kinda hard to use since you need to get to low health without dying.

These things should probably be done in conjunction with other things mentioned here, since fairies don't threaten nido, especially when slowed, so lucha can just go with stone edge like musique said

Last edited:
Personally, I would use this team with a screens setter. Either Light Clay 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe with both screens and U-Turn Taunt Koko or Suicidal Lead Alolan Ninetales with Aurora Veil would be good instead of Mimikyu. Mimikyu as a whole isn't very good anymore and doesn't really deserve a space in many teams, especially with the removal of Z-Moves which really gave it its function in Sm. Personally I would use Koko and give Hawlucha Electric Seed, as it is a much better setup than grassy terrain is for it, since you know, Hawlucha is a Flying-Type. As for Volcarona, in a team with screens it does much better with a bulky Quiver dance set of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe with Timid Nature. This set is quite nice and does well against most teams. If you really want the maximum strategy to aid both Volcarona and Hawlucha, who seem to be your main breakers/setup, you should use Tapu Fini with Koko Screens. Fini has decent bulk and provides many of the same advantages that Rillaboom does aside from not being able to priority hit. I would go with a Utility-Fini personally, Nature's Madness is also very underrated as you can catch a switch-in for 1/2 current HP which can mean free switch-ins and setup for yourself most of the time. The rest of the team is up to you, but personally the base of Volcarona, Fini, Koko, and Hawlucha is a decent setup worth considering.

First thing I want to say is that you should make your rillaboom adamant, because with grassy glide it really doesn't need jolly nature.

The biggest problem about your team is that it lacks pivot moves. Pivot moves are pretty much and essential if you want to keep the momentum going in an HO team without screens/veil.
this is so true, I would add that HO w/o suicid lead to be sure to have hazards on is not rly good imo

I would like to condense a few general points some people here made into a few specific suggestions:
1. as was already said, it would probably do you good to replace mimikyu with a suicide lead. But the one that I would recommend in this situation hasn't been mentioned, and it's sticky web shuckle. It can greatly help your nidoking get the drop on things, as well as make using moves that are not grassy glide on rilla much easier, which will make pivoting easier. It can even circumstantially help volcarona since it's speed tier is good, but there are still faster mons. It will also help the mon in my next suggestion.
2. Garchomp and grassy terrain are a bit of a counter synergy, and so I would recommend swapping garchomp out. The mon recommended here would be choice specs magearna, as it's typing has great utility, it stuffs dragons just as well as mimikyu if not better,it loves grassy terrain giving it recovery and weakening EQs, and it can utilize volt switch to help your pivot game. Also you already have a ground type in nidoking so you get that sweet electric immunity, and shuckle will take over your rock duties.
3. This is a smaller thing, but flame body is generally preferred on volcarona, since it can cripple an opposing pokemon if you are lucky, and swarm is kinda hard to use since you need to get to low health without dying.

These things should probably be done in conjunction with other things mentioned here, since fairies don't threaten nido, especially when slowed, so lucha can just go with stone edge like musique said
What would you reccomend switching garchomp.out with

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Swarm
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic

My special setup sweeper it's the only pokemon in ou that's fast and powerful can dominate if given the opportunity to setup but falls against physical threats

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
A decent wallbreaker used to check and pokemon with lesser physical defense and sets up grassy surge for hawlucha my setup sweeper

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
Standerd Hawlucha setup sweeper taking advantage of rillabooms grassy surge I've added poison jab to deal with opposing fairys which may defeat nidoking

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Stone Edge
The fastest option for a rocks setter that can function as an early game wallbreaker and deal with defogers like moltres , zapdos and tornadus therian

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

A secondary sweeper /revenge killer via shadow Sneak able to counter dragapult and many other dragons due to being able to get a free swords Dance

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Blizzard
Standerd special wallbreaker set except I've switched Flamethrower and ice Beam for their higher damage less accuracy versions for that bit of extra damage
I've switched mimikyu for a ribmobbe suicide lead and garchomp for kyurem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)