My First Team

I think it is too focused on sweepers, but I still want to hear your opinions(no I won’t take off lapras)
https://pokepast.es/85087588df9ff037

Ferrothorn - chose because of stall and setup potential, with Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, Protect, and the ability Iron Barbs
Ferrothorn is the first to be sent out, usually using Stealth Rock, then leech seeding, and switches out when a fire type or ground type move is suspected.
Rocks Leech Seed, and Protect are mostly setup/stall.
Gyro Ball is there in case of a Fairy/Ice Type attempting to set up

Lapras - chose because it's my favorite Pokemon, also because of it's wide range of attacks
Lapras is usually sent out when Ferrothorn is against a Fire Type.
The moveset is mostly for coverage, but I sometimes switch between Ancient Power and Scald

Volcarona - chose due to Quiver Dance and high special attack.
Volcarona is a setup sweep Pokemon
The moveset is mostly offensive

Dragapult - chose because Infiltrator, i have trouble with substitute setups
Dragapult can be considered a "hit and run" Pokemon on my team.
moveset is mostly offensive, u turn for dark types and Predictions

Landorus-T - chose because Blissey, Blissey is really annoying
Landorus is fast and can hit supereffectively on a wide range of types from its move range
The moveset was for mostly just attacking

Slowking - chose because it is a poison and psychic type, which my team lacks
Slowking is just a switch, and usually switches out after attacking once because of Regenerator.
Because of Assault Vest, I can't really choose other status moves unless I remove it.

--
This is my first team, please share tips and feedback on what to do with all the Pokemon please!
(don't remove lapras as a whole)

Last edited by a moderator:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi derpydrag0nite, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Edit: Thread is unlocked, thanks for the descriptions!

Last edited:
There isn't hazard removal. Make Landorus Defog. You don't need extra speed (scarf Lando), you have a Dragault - Make Lando standard Sp. Def with Knock Off.
Make Volcarona heavy-duty-boots and replace Hurricane for Giga Drain, Hurricane isn't hitting much that Bug Buzz and Fire Blast isn't - Gastro pretty much wins versus the team as well.
Freeze-Dry on Lapras over Blizzard, it improves coverage. Ancient Power is too luck dependant and has too little power to be useful, replace it with Surf for Water Stab.
Personally, as the team is quite weak to Urshifu, I'd recommend changing Lapras for another bulky water.

As for threats.. the team has no switch-in to Heatran. Heatran wins versus 5 of your 6 mons and can get rocks up freely as there isn't a defogger.
Urshifu is a problem as I said before. Once Dragapult is removed, there is nothing stopping it from knocking out every mon. Weavile with Low Kick is also a problem assuming Flame Body on Volc doesn't activate.

Slowking-galar can have future sight instead of psychic for increased power , and as already stated by GourdIsNotATeambuilder lapras is not the best water type for your team i mean , it fails to check mons like urshifu-rapid , low kick weavile , even aerial ace kartana , with only one pokemon that can bit blissey in a 1v1 , there is too much pressure on lando , its the only electric and ground immune too so it will have to switch in pretty often and will get chipped down as a result it might not be able to effectively counter blissey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)