ORAS OU my first rmt

hi im tedd aka THEOTHEGODD aka THEODAGODD aka ThisIs1OfMyAlts aka theodore345 akadachampionking223 not many people in the world of smogon competitive okmn know of me but ive been playing now scince 2013 when x/y was released ever scince then its been my dream to be the very best like no one ever was... no seriously though i built this team about a week ago and have been trying to acchaive reqs and i cant get past 1300ish i kill the whole low ladder then around 1370ish i just tilt so hard any help would much appreciated
-tedd34

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge

dugtrio is one of my favorite pokemon , because he is fast and traps in pesky heatrans who wall my other trapper and my lead sweeper altaria. i also use him as a very soft check to birdspam barring a miss from the infamous stone-MISS. he also destroys scarftars with reversal. and sucker punch to do damage before dying and to hurt alakazams and gengars bucause the latter outspeeds while the former is annoying for the rest of my team.

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Rest

goth. the most cancerous mon in ou imo. she is bae. i use this mon like i presume everyone else does to single handedly beat stall teams sans mega sabeleye. so baisicly he catches tank chomp setting rocks tricks and viola free cm to plus six... i also use her to disrupt setup sweeps like tail glow mana and sd chomp

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 104 SpA / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ancient Power
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

talonflame counter he eats every move tfleezy want to use and can OHKO the standard set with ancient power. here are a fewe calcs to drive the point home

+1 252+ Atk Shuca Berry Talonflame Natural Gift (80 BP Ground) vs. 252 HP / 120+ Def Heatran: 324-384 (83.9 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(324, 328, 332, 336, 340, 344, 348, 352, 356, 360, 364, 368, 372, 376, 380, 384) can live a plus one natrual gift and can OHKO standard talonflame

104 SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 88 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 320-380 (100.3 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
heatran is also my scizor check on this team as he lives any move that scizor uses baring a choice banded superpower which is a roll and can OHKO all scizor sets with fire blast

52+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 120+ Def Heatran: 334-394 (86.5 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

104 SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 772-912 (225 - 265.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 120+ Def Heatran: 248-292 (64.2 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

ferrothorn is simply a rock setter and the got to guy to force switches with an annoying sub seed set he also gets rid of most if not all speedy threats that resist mega altaria.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

the best oras mega (other than mence and mega ray) the big cloud mega altaria the adamant nature for the damage . then refresh to take a WoW on the chin mainly from defensive rotom-w and setup dragon dances and refresh away the burn. earth quake for the steel types not called bisharp and dragon dance for the obvious reasons here are some note worthy calcs

+3 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 150-177 (44.9 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(150, 151, 153, 155, 157, 159, 160, 162, 164, 165, 168, 169, 171, 173, 174, 177)

thats a skarmory dude 2hko on skarm after only 3 dd thats pure power

last but not least.....

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

the best scarf user ever excadrill the set and spread is the usual for the poke he is only here to clean up if altaria happens to go dpown and to take out things like rotom-H and to clear hazards for altaria to come in and win...

so this is my rmt plz leave suggestions and what not thx alot.
-tedd34

here is a ladder matches of the team doing leg work
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-oususpecttest-236900487

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Hey, nice team! You should probably make the descriptions at least 3 lines so your post doesn't get locked, preventing other people from rating it. For now I'm gonna suggest a few changes that'll help. Also, you should try to make it more organized with all the calcs. One way to do this is use [ ] and put Hide=Calcs in the brackets. Then you paste the calcs underneath, and under the last line/calc you put /hide in brackets as well.

You can run Memento > Sucker Punch to basically give Altaria a free Dragon Dance, get a free turn to set up Stealth Rocks, or make it easier for Gothitelle to get a free kill.

I'm not sure why you have protect, so you can run Toxic > Protect. You'll be able to prevent threats like Talonflame and Charizard-X from setting up too much and you'll also be able to defeat threats that take longer to defeat such as Hippowdon.

Substitute isn't that helpful on Ferrothorn since Protect can do the same thing, but without sacrificing 25% every time. Protect can actually help Ferrothorn defeat Magnezone, or at least do some major damage before being KO'd.

Having Refresh is great, but you don't have Roost, which is really necessary. You can either take off Refresh or Earthquake, and run Roost instead. Roost is the most important move on the set as that's what allows Mega Altaria to set up and sweep more easily. It'll also help Altaria check Serperior and Keldeo better, since you'll be able to recover more HP than HP lost. If you decide to take off Earthquake, then I recommend running Heal Bell > Refresh since you can heal the whole team. The downside to losing Earthquake, is being unable to hit steel types, especially Heatran. If you replace Heal Bell/Refresh, then you'll be at risk for status moves like Toxic and Will-O-Wisp.

That's it for now. Be sure to edit it so it doesn't get locked. Hope I helped ^_^

Hello! Nice team, I'm just going to recommend this set for your Ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers/Shed shell/Rocky helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

The spread gives Ferrothorn more utility and does something important that i don't remember.
Have a nice day!

thx guys the feedback is appreciated...and i had sub to force switches. also i will go edit thx for the heads up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)