ORAS OU My First RMT... Yaaay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so before I get started here, let me say that I am not very good at teambuilding or IV spreads or OU in general. I tried my best to counter out any weaknesses the team had and to make a not-so-sucky OU team. Now let's get started.

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Recycle
- Dazzling Gleam

This is the star of my team, my custom Klefki. I tried to make a Klefki that could sweep and tank at the same time. Calm Mind and Iron Defense are for stat gaining to get tanky, and Dazzling Gleam is for sweeping. I also have Recycle for priority recovery if below 50% health.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

Thundy is here just to help get rid of the things Klefki doesn't like, mainly Talonflame. Thunder Wave to cripple any sweeper getting in Klefki's way, Taunt to cripple any Pokemon relying on status, and then sweep.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 4 SpA / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Magic Coat
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Milotic is mainly for scouting. Magic Coat any hazard setters, and they won't know what hit them. Other than that, standard Milotic set. It counters Talonflame and Heatran, two of Klefki's biggest nightmares.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

I put Excadrill on here to get rid of hazards. It also functions as a counter to Heatran and it's just a great physical sweeper in general.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 100 Atk / 224 SpA / 184 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Mixnite! Yayyyyy... Pretty standard Dragonite set, except Fire Blast, which is a little out of the ordinary. Gets rid of Skarm and it makes a pretty decent tankish sweeper.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Team needed something to get rid of Mega Venusaur, and Scizor fit the mold nicely. Choice Band means you're getting insane attack on all that good coverage.

I kinda find it weird that your utulising klefki offensivly, as it's screens/crippler role seems more adequate. The team takes care of it's checks well, but there are a lot of things capable of stoping kelfki from setting up, thus U'll need to constantly keep switching out klefki after a boost or two. reuniclus might be better at cming, and recover>recycle sitrus, and with a 252 HP / 252+ Def spead, it still tanks heavy physical hits.

Ok, I have to agree with a more psychically defensive based klef, as you'll see much more use out of it. If youre worried about the lack of attacking moves, you can run foul play over recycle, letting you hit hard on set up sweepers!

Also, if I'm honest with d-nite and milotic with fire and ice moves, you don't need aerial ace on Scizor. May I suggest rubbing swords dance over A-ace as this gives you a win con and a massive counter to fairies with a boosted priority move. You could also remove knock off with roost if you wanted to gain the longevity.

Other than that, pretty nice team!

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)