My first Drizzle team

so yeah,i used to play some time ago and recently got back, i noticed that my team wasn't as good as it used to be, maybe i lost some skill but w/e, i decided to make a new team from scratch, i've never had a rain dance team so i decided to make one, so far it's going good but it does have some flaws and i feel it could be better. Anyway here it goes.

The Team:

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam

Well, a pretty obvious choice here,politoed is a key element to any rain dance team since he's the only pokemon with drizzle on the OU tier,i choose that EV spread and item to keep him alive as long as i can, in case i get into a weather war, he also works really good as as a special atacker, focus blast works wonders against tyranitar, ice beam is for the dragons and gliscor,and scald is my STAB, plus that 30% pretty handy. Perish song lets me take on stat boosters and make batton pass teams cry.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

This guy right here is pretty much the reason i made a drizzle team, i noticed how he could easily sweep
teams with a couples of sword dances and bullet punch, i definetly wanted to do that, since scizor has a 4x weakness to fire, it seemed like the best way to assist him was with a rain dance focused team, i run bulky scizor because he just need to get the sword dances and then he can destroy with his priority move bullet punch, bug bite is to take advantage of his other STAB, and roost allows me to keep the party going.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SAtk / 32 SDef / 224 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

It really annoys me to play when theres a shitload of hazards waiting for me at every switch,thats why i run a spinner on every team i make, this wasn't the exception, i don't really like tentacruel, so it seemed like starmie was the way to go,once again i go with a bulky build, i need him alive to keep removing hazards, also, being a spinner means he has to switch into hazards, psyshock and scald allow me to get those STABS, and once again, that burn is to good to turn down.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Power Whip

I hate this pokemon, he's one of the most annoying and broken pokemons on the OU tier, especially on rain, so when i was making my team i knew i had to get him, he's an outstanding wall, especially with leech seed, i put 252 evs on def cause most of the fighting attacks are physical.
The same way i hate to have hazards on my sided, i love to place'em on my enemie's field,thats why i run both spikes and stealth rock on this bad boy, power whip is a great attack on this guy, 120 damage+Stab is some serious buisness.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Volt Switch

This guy really likes the rain, hydrop pump does massive damage, and thunder has a 100% accuracy, i ussually lead with Rotom-W, taking advantage of his scouting abilities using volt switch, trick is really useful (and fun to use) against walls, or pretty much any physical attacker that isn't carrying a choice band. He also helps me to switch into earthquakes and earth powers.
Im thinking that maybe i should use a choice scarf instead of specs but im unsure.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 132 Atk / 120 Def / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

I really like this guy right here, i never knew he was so good until i first used him on this team, i just love getting bulked up and then proceed to sweep,there's not much that i can say here, the strat here is to use sub and the use bulk up till im ready to kill, drain punch is my main stab, while sucker punch allows me to hit faster target that could ohko (zam) and ghost types. the defensive EVs are for not dying so easily to EQ.

THREATS & COUNTERS:

Pretty obvious one, sunny day is my main enemy, since it makes my steel types way to vulnerables, and also it makes my toxicracok barely usable. Clorophyl and solarbeams aren't to good for me aswell

If this guy decides to run quiver dance+giga drain is quite over for me.

The only one capable on taking some hits from him is ferro, but he doesnt last long against this dude, especially if he's runnig hp fire or focus blast, which isn't uncommon at all.

I haven't seen many of these so far, but i imagine he would be a huge counter, since 1/3 my team is weak to electric type, and another 1/3 is steel type, which he kills with his ability+hp fire.

Final thoughts:

My team has given me overall good resuslt, but as i climb up the ladder i seem to find some problems with it, especially the counters i listed before, i hope you guys can give me some advice on what to change in order to make a better team,
thank you for your time.

Hey there,

quick rate because i have to go soon but i noticed that a choice specced jolteon can OHKO 5/6 of this team. Ferrothorn can survive but he cant kill and nothing you have can outspeed. Easiest solution here is changing rotom-W to either a jolteon of your own OR a thundurus-T depending on what you feel you need most: power -> specs jolteon with Volt switch , HP ice, Signal Beam and Thunder
SPeed -> Scarfed Thundurus-T with Volt Switch/U-turn, HP ice, Thunder and Focus Blast

Thats all for now , good luck!

Hey there,

quick rate because i have to go soon but i noticed that a choice specced jolteon can OHKO 5/6 of this team. Ferrothorn can survive but he cant kill and nothing you have can outspeed. Easiest solution here is changing rotom-W to either a jolteon of your own OR a thundurus-T depending on what you feel you need most: power -> specs jolteon with Volt switch , HP ice, Signal Beam and Thunder
SPeed -> Scarfed Thundurus-T with Volt Switch/U-turn, HP ice, Thunder and Focus Blast

Thats all for now , good luck!
Thanks for the advice! it might be a good idea to change my rotom for a thundurus, gonna try it soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)