MY FIRST COMPETITIVE TEAM : Uber gen8 Bulky Offense

This is my first pokemon competitive team. I am a bit new (i start pokemon strategy like 2 months ago) , but i really want to be good at this game , my goal is 1700 ELO on the Ladder , and i am 1300 actually .

I try a lot of thing and i think bulky offense is the best i could play : https://pokepast.es/812f3768c490acf4

First of ; The defensive core

Yveltal:
Yveltal is a great defoger , but the most important thing is that he can completly Counter any Calyrex who is one of the most dangerous pokemons of the tier. Succer Punch can easly trap some fast Pokemons like Marshadow. I also notice fool play can OHKO some set of Necrozma Dusk Mane , so Yveltal is a very versatile revenge kill and wall some aggressive pokemon.

Necrozma Dusk Mane: NDM looks like to be the best steal type of the tier.with his great Sunsteal Strike he can OHKO Xerneas who is also a dangerous sweaper . With Morning Sun he can be grind a little bit more , witch is important in some matchup like stall . I don't play the sword dance version because i found it a little bit to easy to counter .Offensive NDM isn't a good set in the meta IMO wenn you have powerfull Dark type like Weavile Yveltal and Urshifu .

Secondly , the pokemon who give the name to the team : Bulky Pokemons

Groudon:
i saw a lot of people play NDM with the Stealth Rock , so i think having groudon on lead can easly counter NDM .Adding to the stealth rock , his big STAB can one shot litteraly any pokemons with a ground weakness , and also he add some good coverage like Rock slide if the opponent try to switch in an Yveltal , or a Fire Punch boost with sun , usefull again some gimicky MU like Genesect Zamazentta crowned or Pheromosa. Also the sun give more heal to NDM , so it's good for the grind.

Eternatus: This pokemon have so much good points; First he his a good wall again Kyogre (but beware of the ice beam) , Mystical Fire is better than flamethrower because the stat downgrade is good in any case . (i have win some time on doing mystical fire on Kyogre just to endure better the water move lmao) Eternatus is a tank with Speed Control : The perfection !

And for the last part , The offensive core :

Marshadow : without some annoying counter like yveltal or Xerneas , Marshadow can win game by itself . The choice band is to restrictive , so i choose the Life Orb version . With this version it give you a free acces to bulk up who secure the OHKO in the major type , then you can adapt the move depending of the situation; Close combat for the kill , Shadow Thief in mirror , and Shadow sneak for kill at low pourcent.

Xerneas : No steal against ? It's garanteed game , Xerneas offer a very good coverage with just one only counter who is NDM . And wenn the geomancy is on , it's impossible to don't get at least 2 Kills . I have nothing to say , this pokemon is too broken he is a must have in any format where he is . so i play it in the regular Geomancy set with a Elektric coverage and a Fighting one just in case .Except the specially defense in some specific build, i'don't see a better version to play it.

And that all for my build , i am really about learning a lot of things in this game . my goal is to get 1700 ELO on the ladder . Every comment is welcome !

Last edited by a moderator:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi Bizarro_Mask, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Edit: Thanks for the descriptions, it's unlocked now.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)