Tournament MWP V - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azick

Love Sosa
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Well it was a rough debut season for the Brawl Star Staraptors and myself, and an unfortunate way to fall out. First weeks were very tough obviously but we really started to pick it up near the end and got ourselves back into a decent enough point of contention coming this last week. Sorry to the team that I didn't perform great myself and definitely got tilted about midway through after my weekend of varying tour losses.

Gelbel3c - Main reason I felt the need to do shoutouts. Planned on getting someone else for threat originally but after they got bid on by another team we were floundering for a slot. Mada recommended you and as soon as we saw how much attri/floss wanted you I knew you were gonna be fire. You're an awesome builder and watching u cook in monothreat was definitely one of the highlights of the season for me. You were a great presence in the team cord and despite having virtually no help you were still putting in tons of effort and explaining your choices in a way that I hope didn't go underappreciated.

Mada - Thanks a ton for all the help. Basically my real co as another useless mf didn't show up past week 1. Depsite not having the best records in CAP/NDM you got us a solid team every week and allowed me to focus on just working the SV slots. We both had a rough season overall, and while you do talk too much at times, I appreciate the help and respect you as a player

yedla - Disregarding the xiri game you had a nice season and it was nice to team with you for the first time. Your a great player and I hope to do it again.

Orchid7 Taka Cao Jie - Thanks for the season guys. Sorry we couldn't do better for you in prep Taka but you were fun to team w and I hope you stick around w mono.
Ainz, its always a pleasure to team with you, great guy and you had a solid season.
Cao Jie, sorry I wasn't able to get u in to play more. Every week was really a must win and I just knew the least about you so it felt risky slotting you in over one of these two. Good luck in the future :)

hellom - Definitely some rough games for you in this tour, but I appreciate you reaching out to me at the end and I have a lot fo respect for you as a player. On the other hand your friends with jojo so -100000000. Hope to team again sometime in regular mono and get you to a better record.

Quinn - Rough start to the season but you absolutely flipped it around at the end and ended w a respectable record. Think you just got tilted a bit too quickly and in general your a bit.. negative.. But I've watched you play for a while and think your a solid player who has much potential. Glad to have teamed w u.

Leafium Z - leafidiot, fodderiumz, the gay diversity pick, you have done WELL MY SON. I'm not sure if your gonna dg last game but either way you had an excellent performance this season with an undefeated record until now, and I'm happy we were able to work together so well for it to happen. I talk tons of shit to you of course but your a really solid player whom I respect, and you proved it this season. You got a ton of potential and I'm excited to see how you do in the coming year's tours.

edit: go pandas

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
Well it was a rough debut season for the Brawl Star Staraptors and myself, and an unfortunate way to fall out. First weeks were very tough obviously but we really started to pick it up near the end and got ourselves back into a decent enough point of contention coming this last week. Sorry to the team that I didn't perform great myself and definitely got tilted about midway through after my weekend of varying tour losses.

Gelbel3c - Main reason I felt the need to do shoutouts. Planned on getting someone else for threat originally but after they got bid on by another team we were floundering for a slot. Mada recommended you and as soon as we saw how much attri/floss wanted you I knew you were gonna be fire. You're an awesome builder and watching u cook in monothreat was definitely one of the highlights of the season for me. You were a great presence in the team cord and despite having virtually no help you were still putting in tons of effort and explaining your choices in a way that I hope didn't go underappreciated.

Mada - Thanks a ton for all the help. Basically my real co as another useless mf didn't show up past week 1. Depsite not having the best records in CAP/NDM you got us a solid team every week and allowed me to focus on just working the SV slots. We both had a rough season overall, and while you do talk too much at times, I appreciate the help and respect you as a player

yedla - Disregarding the xiri game you had a nice season and it was nice to team with you for the first time. Your a great player and I hope to do it again.

Orchid7 Taka Cao Jie - Thanks for the season guys. Sorry we couldn't do better for you in prep Taka but you were fun to team w and I hope you stick around w mono.
Ainz, its always a pleasure to team with you, great guy and you had a solid season.
Cao Jie, sorry I wasn't able to get u in to play more. Every week was really a must win and I just knew the least about you so it felt risky slotting you in over one of these two. Good luck in the future :)

hellom - Definitely some rough games for you in this tour, but I appreciate you reaching out to me at the end and I have a lot fo respect for you as a player. On the other hand your friends with jojo so -100000000. Hope to team again sometime in regular mono and get you to a better record.

Quinn - Rough start to the season but you absolutely flipped it around at the end and ended w a respectable record. Think you just got tilted a bit too quickly and in general your a bit.. negative.. But I've watched you play for a while and think your a solid player who has much potential. Glad to have teamed w u.

Leafium Z - leafidiot, fodderiumz, the gay diversity pick, you have done WELL MY SON. I'm not sure if your gonna dg last game but either way you had an excellent performance this season with an undefeated record until now, and I'm happy we were able to work together so well for it to happen. I talk tons of shit to you of course but your a really solid player whom I respect, and you proved it this season. You got a ton of potential and I'm excited to see how you do in the coming year's tours.

edit: go pandas
W v rox ggs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9monotypecap-737926

Tnxx for drafting me king lets smash another tour when w team

Ethereal Sword

Fezandipiti
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey everyone. Here are some updates on each team's playoffs probabilities. (This assumes maroon's act win is granted and includes all games up to and including Piyush's win over Ashbala.)
Code:
Gotham City Glameows: 1
Po Town Pandas: 1
Snowpoint Staravias: 0.937714
Froakie Frog Force: 0.5621
Imouto Totodiles: 0.500186
Attribute Audinos: 0
Brawl Stars Staraptors: 0
Goldenrod Gengars: 0
Firstly, Glameows have confirmed qualification to the playoffs. They have won four games, securing at least a tie, and thus playoffs. This means that Staraptors and Gengars are automatically eliminated, since their qualification criteria included Glameows losing.

Second, Pandas have confirmed qualification to the playoffs. As they have now won 2 games in their match, it is no longer possible to lose 1-7 or worse, which was a requirement for elimination. Staravias are at risk only if they lose all three of their remaining games; winning even one will confirm qualification. However, if they go 0-3, they will lose the week and will be eliminated by differential if the Froakies and Totodiles tie.

Totodiles are in a must-win situation. A win lets them tie the week and automatically advance. A loss sees them eliminated.
Froakies are technically not in a must-win situation. A win sees them automatically advance while a loss permits qualification only if Staravias go 0-3 in their remaining games (the scenario mentioned earlier).
The last game in their set is WhiteQueen (F) vs clean (T). No pressure to either, but the result of this game most likely determines which team advances and which one is eliminated. If there's one game to watch, it would be this one.
-------------------------------------------
EDIT: clean wins.
This means that Totodiles are guaranteed in, congratulations. Froakies can still qualify if Staravias lose 3 in a row and they are eliminated otherwise.
-------------------------------------------

This also means that the remaining games of Audinos vs Staraptors and Gengars vs Glameows will have no effect on who advances.

Best of luck to all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)