Pet Mod Multiverse - Gen 9 - Slate 10 FINAL

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for the delay, but voting will start soon, just some comments we'd like to give
:scizor: - Nothing wrong with it particulary, but it seems kinda boring. It also does not fit well into the meta since a lot of the current Pokemon check it well. I would recommend that you give it something to do outside of sweeping or spamming attacks or buffing that aspect with coverage.

:slowking: I would stick with its vanilla stats. The extra buff is not needed in the current meta. Otherwise looks good.

24h until voting starts

24 hours are up and all necessary changes have been made, so voting may begin and you’re free to vote for anything. Remember you can vote for up to 7 Pokémon, otherwise using the same self voting system from the previous slates. Good luck!

ViZar

your toast is burned
Congrats to the following winners!
:ss/ho-oh:
Name: Ho-Oh
Niche: SS Ubers (Defensive, Choice Band, Utility Tank)
Stats: 106/120/95/80/104/75 (580)
Type:

Abilities: Regenerator
SS Movepool:
Move Additions: -
Move Removals: -
:heavy-duty-boots:Defensive:heavy-duty-boots:
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Defog
- Toxic / Thunder Wave / Brave Bird
- Whirlwind / Brave Bird

:choice-band:Choice Band:choice-band:
Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Atk / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind / Flare Blitz / Defog

:heavy-duty-boots:Utility Tank:heavy-duty-boots:
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Atk / 24 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire / Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Thunder Wave
- Defog / Whirlwind / Substitute

Description: Ho-Oh adds a blanket check to a lot of the tier. Gastly, Mewtwo, Machamp, Venusaur and Dragonite. Regenerator and Roost keep it healthy to spread burns and Defog away hazards. If you are confident that you can deny hazards, you can choose to run a Choice Band set that deals immense damage with Sacred Fire and Brave Bird. Whirlwind and Thunder Wave are also great options to deal with set-up Pokemon.

Pokémon: Ursaring (not :eviolite:-compatible)
Niche: SV NU (Guts wallbreaker)
Stats: 90 / 120 / 95 / 70 / 80 / 55
Type:
Normal
Fairy

Abilities: Guts
New Moves: Moonlight
Removed Moves: None
Description: we have no fairy types yet, so i feel like now is a good time to add one. the fairy typing gives ursaring a more spammable stab typing, while moonlight heals the residual health from being burned by the flame orb. ursaring's bulk increases to make up for the lack of eviolite compatibility, although its low speed stays the same.
Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Play Rough
- Facade
- Moonlight
:ss/hitmontop:
Pokémon: Hitmontop
Niche: SS NU (AV, Physical Spinner)
Stats: 80 / 105 / 100 / 40 / 110 / 60
Type:

Abilities: Regenerator / Intimidate / Technician(HA)
New Moves: Bullet Punch, Recover, Parting Shot, U-Turn, Drain Punch, Iron Head
Removed Moves: N/A
Descriptions: Can run physdef or spdef. Separates from Starmie because of different attacking stat and typing
Hitmontop @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch / Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
- Toxic / U-turn

We here love waters at every size
Niche: BW RU - Bulky Pivot/Special Attacker
Type:

Abilties: Compound Eyes, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb
Stats: 125 | 58 | 63 | 86 | 86 | 67 [BST= 485]
Movepool Changes: + Fire Pledge, Grass Pledge, Parabolic Charge, Scald, Wish
Description: Lanturn really appreciated the introduction of STAB Volt Switch in BW for slow pivoting... that didn't stop it from dropping to RU lol, mostly because although it is fat, its only form of reliable recovery is Leftovers, which in modern generations isn't very desirable. With the addition of Wish, Lanturn can now do better at both staying healthy and pivoting to teammates. Not only did its bulky sets get buffed but its offensive sets with Compound Eyes, allowing it to fire accurate Thunders and Hydro Pumps. Can check Dragonite w/ Ice Beam, and Volt Absorb sets tank Magneton very well.
Also it ate ViZar's sub, oops
View attachment 540200
Pokémon: Quagsire
Niche: DPP OU - Kyogre Killer
Stats: 105 (+10) / 105 (+20) / 85 / 65 / 85 (+20) / 35 [BST: 480]
Type:

Abilities: Water Absorb
New Moves (Gen 8 movepool as base): Stealth Rock

Descriptions: UNAWARE OH NO! Anyway, welcome to Kyogre killer Quagsire. Quagsire is an iconic competitive mon due to its excellent ability Unaware that has stopped the likes of Zacian-Crowned and other powerful legendary Pokemon. Of course, this also means that the sire has had a very interesting history in Ubers and AG, in which it was used as an option to check titans like Zygarde and Necrozma of all things. All of these examples are Quagsire making use of its physical defense, but Quagsire also once was a specially defensive monster too, specifically in Gen 4 where it was one of the best Kyogre checks in the game. Though now in this case I guess it becomes an excellent Starmie check now, but only on offensive Starmie since defensive Starmie can get around Toxic Quag with Natural Cure. Anyway, this is just Quagsire but instead of Unaware, it's Water Absorb. Now it's a premier defensive Ground-type and Water-type that can set hazards, recover, and can cripple the opponent hard. Now that it lacks Unaware tho it can no longer just be a stone-faced wall against offensive teams. Also going to be quite the interesting mon that future proofs any Drizzle mons added *ahem* Kyogre, Pelipper *ahem*
:leftovers:Defensive:leftovers:
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover

Long live the don
Niche: SV UU - Offensive Utility
Type:

Abilities: Sturdy, Regenerator
Stats: 90 | 120 | 120 | 60 | 60 | 50 [BST= 500]
Movepool Changes: +Close Combat
Description: We don't have a fat ground yet so here's a fat ground - it's Donphan, here to do Donphan things with the utility trifecta of Rapid Spin / Stealth Rock / Knock Off, this time with Regenerator for the recovery it's always wanted, hopefully balanced by the lack of pivoting moves to abuse the ability effectively. Smack the shit out of non-Ice Beam Magnetons and Gengars and GTFO when a Venusaur or Starmie arrives.
:GS/Raikou:
Name: Raikou
Niche: GSC OU
Stats: 80 HP / 85 Atk / 80 Def / 115 SpA / 100 SpD / 110 Spe | BST: 570
Type:

Abilities: Legendary Beast*
Move Additions: Deep Sleep*, Surf, Aurora Beam
Move Removals: Volt Switch, Scald
(Based on Raikou's Gen 8 Movepool)
Legendary Beast - Pokemon without this ability have their Atk and SpA multiplied by 0.75.

Deep Sleep - Psychic | Status | - Acc | 16 PP | Fully restores user's HP and puts user to sleep for 2 turns. If this move is rolled by Sleep Talk, the user's HP is fully restored and the sleep counter resets.
Raikou is...interesting. In GSC, Raikou was a premiere Pokémon thanks to EVs being maxed out everywhere, making it Bulky, fast and powerful all at once. This sub aims to replicate that, with Legendary Beast raising its bulk on both sides. It gains Surf and Aurora Beam to replicate its access to decent Water and Ice coverage in Hidden Power. Deep Sleep bolsters its longevity and allow it to serve as a tank just like it used to in Gen 2. Calm Mind sets are troublesome to face, but CroKou sets run the problem of being hard countered by Grounds, while more offensive variants are prone to be worn down. This sub definitely takes advantage of passive game play, and forces players to be more proactive in how they target it (or run a sturdy Bulky Ground), as CM can snowball if you let it get free CMs. While Raikou is famous for its 115 speed, I felt it necessary to lower its speed, giving the metagame more existing threats to revenge kill it, and making later additions alot easier to comfortably revenge it. Please dont be scared of Legendary Beast + Deep Sleep, enough means to break past mons exist now than in Gen 2.‍
1692764409615.png

Note: Raikou won with a tiebreak.

Feel free to discuss the winners until Hoenn arrives. Next slate will probably start in 24h.

3 way regenerator core lets freaking gooooo!!!!

:ho-oh:basically nerfed ho-oh, but another fire type is very appreciated to potentially take advantage of daymare sun setting
:ursaring:may have a good niche bc of the firepower and it being the only fairy but the fact it's like the 3rd slowest guy here is a little rough for it
:hitmontop:fight/steel regen spinner is dope and looks really fun to build with. u could also run intim or tech but ehhh idt it'll be as good that way
:lanturn:one of 2 bulky waters. wish passing is a nice tool to have but idk why it has the pledge moves??
:quagsire:not much to say about quagsire but water/ground +water immunity is a great defensive profile. also we finally have hazards!!
:donphan:role compression: the pokemon. spinner, rocks, knock, regen pivot, tank. this guy does it all. it's still extremely slow but it contributes a lot to teams
:raikou:cm sets with defensive ruin abilities scares me a bit but it'll maybe be ok. we certainly have counterplay for it; quag and lanturn both hardwall raikou for example.
gonna get some sleep and mybe edit this in the morning when im less scatterbrained :psywoke:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:ho-oh: ngl this looks kinda broken? Sure, stats are nerfed, but it's still super bulky with a great defensive typing and regen not to mention Sacred Fire is an absurd move, especially off of 120 base attack. Our waters prob answer it fine, but they're Toxic-weak and they're gonna get worn down by BB/EQ. I don't think Ho-Oh being too strong for OU is a stat thing basically and this still has very strong stats

:ursaring: It's a shame that you'd want to use this as a Fairy type wall despite having no utility (idt it gets rocks). It's probably not answering that much as of rn though since we have very few Dark and Dragon types. Prob fine as a guts wallbreaker too, but speed tier is awkward. It's fine, just kinda slightly off the mark from what you'd want it to do.

:hitmontop: Well sure that's a bulky steel. Honestly the main issue with this is that it's a spinner that gets insanely stuffed by Gengar which prevents it from being the crazy glue it would be.

:lanturn: I feel like this will run into issues with hazards since Wish is slow and might make it want to switch out while also making Boots a harder sell over Lefties. Lanturn's defensive typing is nice, but its bulk is "just good enough" so it might end up vulnerable to any kind of chip, especially Toxic.

:quagsire: This seems kinda mid to me. Its bulk is simply just not that good without unaware even with the buffs. It's also kinda passive. Can prob hardwall some stuff, but feels kinda flawed.

:donphan: Phan is a very active ground type which is nice and Regen encouraging that makes it go from underwhelming to actually good. This is nice.

:raikou: From headcalcs, this has about 80/120/130 bulk... Off of 115 SpAtk, 110 Speed, CM and GSC Resttalk. Basically my point is this has hella stats. It can wall stuff well while outspeeding slower mons with minimal speed creep and still hitting fairly hard. Only thing to be glad about is introducing Quag and Lanturn in the same slate, though both are mid.

Tldr:
Good: :donphan: :hitmontop:
Mid: :ursaring: :lanturn: :quagsire:
Overtuned: :ho-oh: :raikou:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tharts

:Ho-oh: My main reason for voting for this is insurance against Rapidash in case it is proven harder to deal with than expected. Either way, it's such a splashable gluemon and breaker, with Sacred Fire always forcing progress. More or less hard counter to Hitmontops that lack Toxic, and a very sturdy check to Donphan too, even in spite of Knock Off makes me very impressed with it's presence. Doesn't counter but it annoys the shit out of stupid Mr Mew2.

ViZar alr covered possible sets I think are good.

:Ursaring: Getting Moonlight was pretty important for Ursaring's success long term. It's typing directly shitting on Gastly is very cool too, but I still think no Eviolite was a bad idea. Either way, Ursaring is solid enough to pivot in on alot of threats.
Ursaring @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Play Rough
- Earthquake / Trailblaze

Classic wallbreaker set. Set up SD and watch as your only switch in is Gengar (based counter) since everything else dies.

Ursaring @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Play Rough
- Earthquake / Body Slam
- Moonlight

Defensive Bulk Up set. Basically blanks Gastly without Sludge Bomb (I think this should have lost this btw imo) and Dragonite. We don't have a lot of other Dark or Dragon types yet but as they are added we probably blank them as well.

:Hitmontop: Real obnoxious looking fellow here, removing hazards seems real easy with Hitmontop, though I will admit it probably hates facing certain Gengar sets (whoop whoop!). Even more likely than that though, I can see Hitmontop being a real bitch to take down for most teams atm. Regen + Boots with no Spikes and good removal means the immortal Hitmon is here.
Hitmontop @ Heavy Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish or Careful Nature
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn / Parting Shot
- Toxic / Iron Head / Earthquake

Defensive pivot set. Spins away all hazards. Can spread status with Toxic. Unfortunately this set is hard spinblocked by Gengar without Earthquake, which is REALLY hard to viably fit on a set. Drain Punch gives passive healing, but makes it a lot more passive, while CC improves it's offensive presence but is a detriment to it's defensive prowess.

:Lanturn: The weakest sub to win on paper, but it is a sub that definitely strengthens defensive cores thanks to being the tier's first Wish setter, and Scald always punishing switchins. Venusaur being the dominant force it is really craps on its day, but it serving as a special wall more relevant than the likes of Hypno due to how it matches up against specific metagame threats. The existence of Quagsire really does put this Pokémon down, however, while it has options to get around it, it hampers it's overall success versts the rest of the tier. Imo it's def a Pokemon that might see a buff in the future.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 88 HP / 172 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect / Toxic

Probably best set, and will be the one to see use on stall or fat balance. It's bulk is weird to play around due to it's average to poor defenses + above average HP but it might play out.

:Quagsire: Really solid gluemon, especially with it gaining access to Stealth Rock. Quag being a hard blank to all of the Electric types introduced so far is hilarious, and it will be interesting to see how they develop around it.

Quagsire @ Leftovers / Heavy Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Stealth Rock / Toxic

Quag is big. Bro switches in, sets Rocks. Kicks ass. If you already have a Rocker you can spread Toxic poison instead.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Liquidation
- Recover
- Curse

SpD sets with Curse fucks if a Grass type is dead, dogshit if a Grass is alive.

ViZar

your toast is burned
Here are my 2 cents on the winners.

:ursaring: - You might be reading this first, but I'm actually writing this section last, so yeah. Anyway, Ursaring is solid. I hate to break it to you but I don't see this thing going bulky, outside of Bulk Up sets. Switching into bulky Starmie, Quagsire and Lanturn and being afraid of Scald or other Status is really nice and checking Gastly is also solid. This is its natural defensive utility and I think it will run purely offensive sets since Facade from that attack stat is huge. It can still run more defensive sets with the aforementioned Bulk Up but it can also utilsie SleepTalk to an extend but has to give up a powerful Facade for that. Overall, I think it's solid. Facade and the Fairy-typing give a great niche, and while I don't think it will run Moonlight often, it is still nice to have.

:hitmontop: - Really solid addition. I like how versatile it is with Regenerator and Technician sets. Let's be real, this thing will never use Intimidate. Even with each ability, it has nice set versatility. The issues I see is that it hates being a Spinner since its weak to EQ and both of the (only two) Stealth Rockers are Ground, so it hates spinning against those (guess Intimidate can be worth after all). Also it hates the presence of Ho-Oh, which pretty much hard walls it outside of Rock Slide. This is another issue I see with it, 4MSS. Depending of the role and the set, it wants priority, in Fake Out or Bullet Punch, one or two STABs, pivoting, in U-turn or Parting Shot, Spin, set-up, Toxic and coverage which makes it miss out on one or two key moves in a match. I still believe that this thing is good and can work to an amazing level.

:lanturn: - It has some nice traits (trying to be nice here). Heal Bell is great and so are Volt Switch and Scald. Problem is Quagsire. It needs Toxic or Grass Pledge to hurt it. Other than that, it builds a good core with Ho-Oh and Venusaur. These three cover eachothers weaknesses pretty well and Heal Bell helps Ho-Oh out since it hates status and Lanturn can cover Electrics so that Venusaur can focus on Pokemon like Gastly.

:quagsire: - Ngl, this thing is gonna miss Unaware but that means you are forced to run Water Absorb, which means you have a Raikou, Lanturn and Magneton check. Having Stealth Rock (finally lol) gives it a valuable niche, if Donphan wasn't a better Pokemon in every other way. Alright most ways. It doesn't fear Fire, Water or Ice moves, therefore it is a good check to Electrics, in addition to Ho-Oh, Starmie, and other Pokemon like Hitmontop. While Donphan is probably a better Pokemon, it is not a better Stealth Rocker. It spins better than it rocks, so Quagsire can rock in its face and threaten it, alongside Hitmontop, with Scald burns. Ho-Oh isn't too bothered by Scald but it hates Toxic. Quagsire is a decent pick. Donphan is more versatile than it and is a better tank but its typing and ability makes it a better wall.

:donphan: - Second favourite mon of the slate. I really like me some good AV users and Donphan, which is a Pokemon that sometimes likes to run AV, now makes better use of it. Spin, Knock, STAB EQ and other moves like Stealth Rock (our second user thus far lol), Toxic, Roar, and great coverage moves make it a really solid addition and makes it the Great Tust or Lando-T of this meta. Ho-Oh and Gastly being the only Ground immune Pokemon makes its Knock Off really valuable and with Head Smash it can smash the former and chunks the latter, with the added bonus of healing off the recoil. EQ is generally a solid move to click. Only 2 immunities and no resistances (we really gotta work on that) STAB EQ is a dangerous weapon in this meta. I can easily see this being between top 1 and top 5, no joking. Physically Defensive, AV and even Curse sets can work and it checks so much of the meta and can be difficult to check, but not unreasonable.

:raikou: - Last but not least, we have Raikou. Probably the best Pokemon from this slate and easily a top 3 Pokemon. It seems like a lot of people fear this thing and you can't blame them. Tablets and Vessel of Ruin in one ability alongside GSC RestTalk, Calm Mind and good stats is really scary. However, I don't think it is broken by any means. I think that this slate added great Electric immunities and thus, it is manageable to deal with it, but first some positives. I think that this sub made it feel very unique. GSC mechanics can be hard to implement but I think the ability is great for it. Its set versatility is amazing. I can see it using AV, Calm Mind and Bulky Pivots and I think that a blanket check to these sets can be added to every team. AV sets lack longevity and power boosting, Calm Mind either lacks coverage or longevity and Bulky Pivots lack the power and longevity. Donphan with an AV can eat 2 Surfs (without SR admittinly) and its EQ does a solid 75%. Venusaur necessitates Extrasensory and if Raikou doesn't use it, Venu can annoy it with Leech Seed and Roar. Quagsire and Lanturn hard wall it, outside of Extrasensory and Aura Sphere. Lanturn can't do much back but Quagsire wrecks it with EQ. With all that being said, I think that it perfectly fullfils its role from GSC, which is a special wall that hits back hard. Top 3 Pokemon, can also see it being top 2 or even the best mon rn.

ViZar

your toast is burned
Slate 4: New Horizons
:ss/sableye::ss/wailord::ss/zangoose:
In this slate, you can submit and vote for up to seven Pokémon. Good Luck and Have Fun!
OU
Ubers
UU
RU
NU
PU
LC

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:rs/solrock:
Pokémon: Solrock
Niche: ADV UU (Physical Wall, Wallbreaker, Tank)
Stats: 90/135/125/55/75/70 (550 BST) (+40 Atk, +40 Def, +10 SpDef)
Type: Rock/Fairy
Abilities: Levitate
New Moves: Kaboom*, Play Rough, Refresh, Solar Blade, Spirit Break
Removed Moves: Calm Mind, Cosmic Power, Meteor Beam, Swords Dance
*Kaboom: Explosion, but halves the target's defense.

Descriptions: Solrock has a ton of appealing traits for a potential physical wall, notably being immune to Ground and neutral to Fighting and Rock alongside a Normal resistance. All of those traits are phenomenal in ADV UU which lets it be one of the best mons in the tier. However, throughout the years, its type and stats have become much worse, especially with its new weaknesses to Knock Off and U-Turn. Rock/Fairy lets it keep all its old traits while actually making it resistant to those moves. This version of Solrock becomes an amazing counter to Dragonite and Ho-Oh while also giving Donphan and Quagsire a hard time. It can burn a lot of these targets, stay healthy with Morning Sun and Refresh and even setup Rocks if it wants to, especially since Donphan can barely hurt it. It's also bulky enough to be a pain for Machamp and Ursaring. Solrock's defensive qualities are not the end of it though, far from it actually. It's also extremely offensively potent with potential for a Choice Band set using powerful Stone Edges and Play Rough with its stabs nicely rounded off with Earthquake. Those sets can then run what they want in their last slot; Stealth Rock for more support, Kaboom to blow a hole in the opposing team or even the risky Solar Blade to be able to take out the Ground-types with Sun up. It also has the potential to try to make Rock Polish work, though it lacks a way to boost its attack. Solrock has a few rough weaknesses, notably to Steel, Water and Grass as it has trouble properly hitting those types. This means that Hitmontop and Venusaur for example are absolutely awful for it to fight. Its low SpDef stat is also rather abusable as it'll have trouble taking moves from pokemon such as Raikou. However, Solrock is an extremely useful pokemon with a role that can be compared to Tyranitar's in regular metagames as it can wall a variety of mons and hit extremely hard.

:xy/relicanth:
Pokémon: Relicanth
Niche: XY PU (Offensive Rocker, Wallbreaker, Setup Sweeper)
Stats: 100/110/130/45/65/75 (525 BST) (+20 Atk, +20 Speed)
Type: Water/Rock
Abilities: Swift Swim/Rock Head/(Solid Rock)
New Moves: Headlong Rush, Seed Bomb, Wave Crash
Removed Moves: Nah

Descriptions: Relicanth uses its Water typing as a way to threaten Donphan, the best spinner, while also setting up Rocks. It's fairly dangerous between Rock Head Head Smash and Wave Crash, but switch-ins such as Venusaur and Quagsire may make life difficult for it, Quagsire especially requiring Seed Bomb. Its other abilities, Solid Rock and Swift Swim, give it the potential to run other sets such as a Rain sweeper or a Weakness Policy sweeper, but those are both awkward to pull off. Overall though, it interacts pretty interestingly with our newly introduced mon, staving off Ho-Oh for offensive teams while keeping Rocks up reliably.

Last edited:
:ss/Trapinch:
Pokémon: Trapinch (Eviolite compatible)
Niche: SS LC - Arena Trapper
Stats: 75 / 120 / 45 / 45 / 45 / 10 [BST: 450]
Type:

Abilities: Arena Trap
New Moves (Gen 8 movepool as base): Ice Spinner
Description: We are getting out of the mental institute's kitchen with this one. Anyways out of all possible Arena trap mons the only fun one is trapinch, in this meta it can revenge kill quite a largo selection of mons while also removing mons that can be problematic, all balanced bypassed its terrible defensive and speed stats. Can run choice band for the meanest fimp in existence or eviolite to takeaway down a couple of mons.

:rs/Metagross:
Pokémon: Metagross
Niche: ADV OU - Choice Band user, Bulky Attacker
Stats: 70 / 135 / 120 / 115 / 90 / 70 [BST: 600]
Type:

Abilities: *Steely Spirit / Clear Body
New Moves (Gen 3 movepool as base): Iron Head, Stealth Rocks
Custom Elements: Steely spirit, but boosts steel attacks by x1.3.
Description: Bringing the big boy back. ADV metagross lacked a lot of the coverage that it would gain on future gens, but made it up by having possibly the strongest choice band set in ADV OU. Known for spamming Meteor mash, I thought of bring that nuclear steel type power to the table using Steely spirit. Nerfed its bulk a bit as well as buffing its spa to emulate its potential as a mixed attacker. Added rocks cause we are missing rockers, even if meta isn't as good at it.

Last edited:
:sv/Beautifly:
Pokemon: Beautifly
Niche: XY PU
Stats: 85/50/130/105/75/75
Type: Fairy/Flying
Abilities:
Cute Charm | Dazzling
Movepool Changes:
+ Hurricane, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Fairy Wind, Play Rough, Knock Off
- Quiver Dance
Description:

Based on the XY PU joke set, since one of its three moves is Defog, i thought of doing a physdef hazard control mon, since we dont have many physdef walls, has access to rocks and spikes to set, U-Turn, Sleep Powder and Knock Off as utility, Morning Sun to heal, and a good offensive typing have offensive pressure on the field

:sv/Spinda:
Pokemon: Spinda
Niche: BW NU
Stats: 70/85/90/70/90/115
Type:
Normal
Abilities: Contrary | Tangled Feet
Movepool Changes:
+Close Combat, Spin Out, Hammer Arm, Ice Hammer, Dragon Ascent, Headlong Rush
-Sucker Punch, Last Resort, Wish, Assist
Description:
Wanted to have some fun with this one, Spinda was in fact, the first mon to ever have Contrary, but ended up forgotten due to having some horrible stats, and a good movepool for an utility Pokemon, which it isnt, all i needed to do was buff its stats and give it a movepool that helps it with using Contrary effectively, and now we have a strong physical sweeper with Contrary, with a bunch of coverage, it doesnt have the best bulk nor the best attack, but with its speed it can get attacks off, and boost its attack, defenses and speed, and if the opponent doesnt answer it in time, it will roll out of control, it also has access to a good utility movepool if needed, with moves like Fake Out, Encore, Trick, Disable and Rapid Spin, all balanced out by a weak offensive type, and the fact that it is really easy to ko when its just starting to accumulate boosts

:sv/Spheal:

Pokemon: Spheal (no eviolite)
Niche: DPP LC
Stats: 130/60/110/95/105/35
Type: Ice/Poison
Abilities:
Thick Fat | Chilled Out
Heals 1/16 of health every turn (Leftovers as an ability)

Movepool Changes:
+Gunk Shot, Sludge Bomb, Acid, Poison Jab, Recover, Knock Off, Toxic, Super Fang
-Stockpile
Description: DPP LC Spheal emulated Walrein's main strat in OU, which consisted of chipping the opponent while healing a bunch with Ice Body + Leftovers in Hail, so changed the Water type to not clash with Lanturn as a wall, and to emulate Spheal's use of Toxic, Chilled Out emulates its Ice Body healing, and can still use Thick Fat for Ho-oh and future fire types, and has a good utility movepool in Toxic, Knock Off, Yawn, Encore and Super Fang, can recover manually with Recover, and has huge defenses, balanced out by having an horrible defensive typing and being the slowest mon on the meta

:sv/Spoink:
Pokemon: Spoink (no eviolite)
Niche: SM LC
Stats: 90/40/70/115/100/107
Type: Psychic/Rock
Abilities:
Thick Fat/Own Tempo | Levitate
Movepool Changes:
+Paleo Wave, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Smack Down, Aura Sphere, Earth Power
-Light Screen, Reflect, Dazzling Gleam, Flash Cannon
Description: Spoink is very outclassed in SM LC, due to having heavy competition with Abra and Solosis, but had a small niche due to its extra bulk, i translated it into a specially bulky and decently fast special attacker, with the added Rock type due to it using Power Gem in most of its sets, being one of the only non-rock types to ever have access to it, which now makes it an interesting special attacker, since the Rock type isnt a very common special attacking type, which lets it destroy Ho-oh and Rapidash, and many future Flying and Fire types, it also gained Earth Power to smack Raikou, Lanturn and Magneton, has Shadow Ball to hit Hypno, Starmie and Mewtwo, and Aura Sphere if u dont want to use Focus Blast, both can hit Hitmontop and Dragonite, and Levitate lets it take on opposing Ground types, which would normally hit it superefectively, balanced by Psychic/Rock being a weak defensive type, even with Levitate, as it gets hit superefectively with STAB by Quag, Lanturn, Starmie, Gengar, Gastly and Venusaur, as well as having a very small physdef stat

:sv/Shelgon:
Pokemon: Shelgon (no eviolite)
Niche: BW NU
Stats: 100/80/120/105/70/50
Type: Dragon/Rock
Abilities:
Overcoat/Rock Head | Earth Eater
Movepool Changes:
+Stone Edge, Paleo Wave, Recover, Body Press, Toxic, Knock Off
-Dragon Dance, Iron Defense, Wish
Description: Decided to focus more on the wall aspect of BW NU Shelgon, Dragon/Rock with ground inmunity lets it take on Ho-oh, Donphan and Rapidash, and the many phys offensive Fire, Flying, Ground and Electric mons to come, can put pressure on the opponent with decently powerful STAB moves for a wall, like Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse and Paleo Wave, as well as good utility options like Toxic, Knock Off, Dragon Tail, and can heal itself with Recover, balanced out by its poor matchup with most of the actual phys attackers, Mewtwo, Ursaring, Hitmontop, Machamp, etc, and its weak SpDef

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:SV/cacturne:
Name: Cacturne
Niche: [SV NU] Physical Wallbreaker, Mixed Wallbreaker, Spikes setter
Stats: 75 HP / 120 Atk / 85 Def / 115 SpA / 80 SpD / 90 Spe | BST: 555
Type:

Abilities: Water Absorb | HA: Rough Skin
Move Additions: Knock Off, Wood Hammer, Close Combat
Move Removals: N/A

Cacturne is an interesting prospect, adding a well needed Spikes setter to the tier to chip down the multiple beef cakes in the tier rn. Knock Off access is also very useful, for general damage output and to remove Boots that block spikes (or Rocks in Ho-Oh's case). Having the ability to go mixed or fully special will be great for offensive pressure mixing and matching what can check it.

:Cacturne: Mixed Spikes setter
Cacturne @ Heavy Duty Boots / Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch / Encore / Spiky Shield

:Cacturne: Swords Dance
Cacturne @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Wood Hammer / Close Combat

:Sm/Glalie::glalie-mega:
Pokémon: Glalie
Niche: [SM RU] Physical Wallbreaker
Stats: 80 HP / 120 Atk / 80 Def / 80 SpA / 80 SpD / 100 Spe | BST: 540 (+40 Atk, +20 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Refrigerate | HA: Moody
New Moves: Fake Out, Bulk Up
(Based on Gen 8 Movepool)

Another offensive Spikes setter for the tier, this time also being the tier's first Ice type addition. Luckily we aren't particularly short on bulky Waters that can take it's hits. Freeze Dry might be neat but it's still 80 SpA so it may not hit certain targets both current and future as good as it wants.

:Glalie: Offensive
Glalie @ Heavy Duty Boots / Never Melt Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Spikes / Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Fake Out / Ice Shard / Explosion

:rs/clamperl:
Pokémon: Clamperl
Niche: [RS OU] Special Wallbreaker, Special Tank
Stats: 70 HP / 74 Atk / 125 Def / 74 SpA / 65 SpD / 32 Spe | BST: 440
Type:

Abilities: Shell Armor / Water Veil | HA: Rain Dish
New Moves: Discharge, Grass Pledge, Scald, Jungle Healing, Hydro Pump
(Based on Gen 3 Movepool)
Deep Sea Pearl - If held by a Clamperl, its Sp. Atk and Sp. Def are doubled.

Clamperl is an interesting Pokemon, being an LC Pokemon who never the less has an OU analysis. That's due to its signature items, Deep Sea Tooth and Deep Sea Scale. This sub seeks to replicate its success utilizing said items into one powerful tool. making Clamperl a ferocious wallnbreaker while simultaneously being a valiant SpD Tank. Jungle Healing is an improved version of Refresh, Discharge and Grass {ledge simulate Hidden Power Grass and Electric and Hydro Pump offers a more powerful addition to its wallbreaking arsenal. Knock Off absolutely ruins Clamperl, so it should try and partner up with Knock absorbers. Veil helps in the Ho-Oh matchup and Rain Dish is cool flavor for if you ever want to build rain.

:Clamperl: Offensive
Clamperl @ Deep Sea Pearl
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Ability: Shell Armor / Water Veil
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Pledge
- Ice Beam
- Scald / Discharge / Jungle Healing

:Clamperl: Defensive
Clamperl @ Deep Sea Pearl
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Ability: Shell Armor / Water Veil
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Jungle Healing
- Ice Beam

:sm/Altaria::altaria-mega:
Pokémon: Altaria
Niche: [SM OU] Physical Set Up Sweeper
Stats: 80 HP / 110 Atk / 95 Def / 110 SpA / 105 SpD / 80 Spe | BST: 580
Type:

Abilities: Natural Cure | HA: Pixilate
New Moves: Refresh, Revival*
Revival - clone of Return
(Based on Gen 6 Movepool)

Altaria can serve as a pretty solid defensive and offensive addition to the tier, checking the likes of Gastly, utility Starmie and Raikou. Natural Cure does what it does to help pivot around Toxic spam, and Pixilate gives Dragon Dance sets alot of power behind it.

:Altaria: Dragon Dance
Altaria @ Leftovers / Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Revival
- Earthquake
- Roost

:Altaria: Defensive
Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Defog / Heal Bell
- Roost

Last edited:
:xy/anorith:

Pokémon: Anorith (can use eviolite)
Niche: [XY LC] Offensive Spinner / Glass Cannon
Stats: 75 HP / 115 Atk / 65 Def / 40 SpA / 65 SpD / 117 Spe | BST: 477 (+30 HP, +20 AtK, + 15 Def, + 15 SpD, + 44 Spe)
Type:
Bug/Rock

Abilities: Technician | HA: Swift Swim
New Moves: Superpower
(Based off of XY movepool)

Anorith is one of those cool LC Pokémon that usually see competition from the many other viable 18-speed Pokémon. But in this meta, it serves as a fast offensive rock type that has an option to swords dance and pick up kills, with its now technician-boosted rock blast based on lc rolls. It outruns the well-populated 110 tier, signifying its role as the +1 point to the populated tier of 17. However, it definitely has flaws, including a stealth rock weakness and lack of good bulk, as 75/65/65 even with Eviolte isn’t the greatest . Lack of pivoting also removes its ability to easily chip its opponents, instead relying on good play / lead to bring it in. Overall a great addition as there are no rock types as of now.

Utility
Anorith @ Eviolite / Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
Offensive SD / Spin
Anorith @ Life Orb / Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance/ Rapid Spin
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off
- Superpower

:sm/absol: :absolite:

Pokémon: Absol
Niche: [SM UU] Fast Offensive Trapper
Stats: 65 HP / 130 Atk / 60 Def / 115 SpA / 60 SpD / 113 Spe | BST: 543
Type:
Dark
Abilities: Magic Klutz (Effect of Magic Bounce and Klutz)
Custom Moves: Night Chase (pursuit)
Moves Removed: Swords Dance
SM Movepool
Based off of how absol would run a 4A Mixed set in SM UU, this Pokémon serves as a potent offensive pick with great priority and the ability to block hazards for offensive teams, and remove ghosts and other frail mons pretty easily

:xy/gardevoir: :gardevoirite:

Pokémon: Gardevoir
Niche: [XY OU] Special Breaker
Stats: 88 HP / 65 Atk / 65 Def / 125 SpA / 115 SpD / 100 Spe | BST: 568 (+20 HP, + 20 Spe)
Type:
Fairy/Psychic
Abilities: Pixelgreat (Unnerfed Pixelate, 1.3x)/Trace

Based on XY movepool

Offers an extremely powerful breaker that can blast through quite a few of the current bulk of what we have, while losing to faster offensive mons like Gengar, Gastly, Rapidash and Magneton, as it did in XY.

:bw/sableye:
Pokémon: Sableye
Niche: [BW UU] Prankster Support
Stats: 70 HP / 105 Atk / 105 Def / 65 SpA / 85 SpD / 50 Spe | BST: 480
Type:
Dark/Ghost
Abilities: Public Nuisance (Unnerfed Prankster, now works on dark types again), Ignorant (Immune to fairy type moves)

Custom Moves: Will-O-Scorch, Fire type status move with 75% accuracy and 24 max PP. Applies a burn status that deals 1/8th the opponents hp per turn
Moves Removed: Will-O-Wisp

Based off of BW movepool

It provides an excellent spin blocker and overall utility, with fairy immunity stemming from fairies not existing in Gen 5, it allows Sableye to wall most of the meta's physical attackers barring rapidash, which is how it worked in a way in Gen 5 UU, where it had a good matchup vs popular physical mons, barring fire types that block wisp. It also has a good knock-off, and status-spreading

:rs/huntail: :damp-rock:

Pokémon: Huntail
Niche: [RS NU] Swift Swim Sweeper (self set)
Stats: 85 HP / 105 Atk / 115 Def / 115 SpA / 75 SpD / 71 Spe | BST: 576
Type: Water/Ice
Abilities: Swift Swim
Custom Moves: Tsunami 95 bp special water move, 8pp, Sets Rain after use.
Based off of RS movepool + Overdrive, Grass Pledge + flip turn

This pokemon is meant to represent the niche that huntail held in RS NU, being the best available rain sweeper in the tier, with a powerful hydro pump and ice beam. Huntail always set its own rain in RS, which is why this isn't DPP UU gorebyss. Ice typing is meant to signify the fact that it always had ice beam as its secondary move, and gives it extra power vs Venusaur. Tsunami was added to help it vs faster targets to represent the slower meta that huntail dominated

:bw/regice:

Pokémon: Regice
Niche: [BW NU] Rock Polish Sweeper and Offensive Tank
Stats: 80 HP / 50 Atk / 105 Def / 95 SpA / 200 SpD / 50 Spe | BST: 580 (+5 def -5 spa)
Type: Ice
Abilities: Sheer Force/Healing Body (Leftovers abil)
(Based on BW movepool)
New Moves: Freeze Dry
Hits extremely hard, and had an exellent defensive profile at the cost of being a slow ice type. However it abuses this ice typing by throwing off 95 sheer force ice beams and freeze drys. However it can fix the issue of speed through rock polish, at the cost of some bulk and power This Mon serves as a great check to mons like raikou, donphan and quagsire, while suffering vs others such as mmx, hooh and rapidash.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)