Rejected - Inactive Move Animation Suggestions

-Scorching Sands should use a similar animation to Mud Shot/Mud Slap with the added steam effect from Scald instead of simply using the Earth Power animation.
-Freeze Dry and Frost Breath should use a white color variation of Scald instead of the dated looking icicle effects.
- Hurricane's animation just looks ridiculous lol, it's one of the most powerful Flying-type moves in the game and is deserving of an animation that better reflects that.
- I think Flying and Ice type moves in general are the most in need of better animations. The white dots used to represent most flying type moves in showdown just aren't reminiscent enough of the sharp, agile, vibes that the moves give off in game and honestly look more akin to the ice-type. Ice-type should rely less on the icicle sprites and include more cool-tone white color variations of the Water-type animations.

That does sound pretty cool, however I think the point of most animations is to be quick and easily display the type of move you are using. For example most ice moves aren't the prettiest, but you can easily tell that they're ice moves just by the quick animation.

I have one change i would make. Pyro Ball's animation looks like a burst of fireballs in all directions. It should be changed to a single ball of fire flying straight into the opponents face at high speeds.

That does sound pretty cool, however I think the point of most animations is to be quick and easily display the type of move you are using. For example most ice moves aren't the prettiest, but you can easily tell that they're ice moves just by the quick animation.
how does the quickness of an animation dictate the quality of the visuals when the only difference is the amount of time in what you see? most of the animations are the same ones we've been seeing for years and have just become eyesores at this point. I think it would just be refreshing to see something new.

Basically just Pollen Puff but with an orange circle.
thats a great idea especially since Pollen Puff uses a dance-like animation that can serve as Cinderace "kicking" the ball around before launching it at the opponent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)