Mount Silver [New peak at #16 on PO, 1600+]

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Mt. Silver

Welcome to my last BW OU RMT! WARNING, THIS CONTAINS MIXED LO KYUREM NORMAL. I decided to build Hail because I've using Sand for the last year (and to some extent Rain), and, even though I love it, I got bored of the standard Tyranitar + Keldeo core that has been on all my sand teams since it was discovered. Hail was always considered as the worst weather, having to use Abomasnow and all the Pokemons weak to Fighting, Steel and Rock. However, following my wish to change and to try some new things, I decided to give it a try. Surprisingly, or not so much, this team ended up really well, getting me a peak of 1602 in Pokémon Online, anyway, it's not so much. Well, I'm not not going to continue with the introduction because it's boring, so I'll go directly to the peak and Teambuilding Process.​

Peak:

Teambuilding Process (This will be short, I swear)

First of all, I started with Expert Belt Abomasnow and Sub Roost Kyurem. Yeah, pretty standard.

Then, I needed the obvious spinner and the fighting resistance hence Starmie and Landorus-T were added. I didn't want to use Tentacruel since it's really slow and I wanted to be more offensive than defensive and didn't want to use Gliscor because I just don't like it.

Scarf Jirachi was added next as the Dragon-type resist and for its revenge killing capabilities without losing it's natural bulk and good resistances.

Finally, I added a Pokémon that I wanted to try for a long time. Passho Berry Volcarona. Explanations of this will be given later.

After some testing, I noted that I was weak to specially defensive walls such as Chansey and Blissey, so I decided to get rid of Sub-Roost Kyurem and try the Mixed LO version.

The Team Itself

Obamasnow (Abomasnow) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 244 Atk / 108 SAtk / 156 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Even though Abomasnow sucks, it has been doing its work really well. I don't really know why, but the people I've found never expect Hidden Power Fire on this thing and usually switch Scizor in once I used Ice Shard or something. I know that this works as a lure, bluff, etc, but still, people should read the Smogon analyses in order to know the common sets. Prediction is one of the things sometimes needed and sometimes not with this set. Jirachi, as a common switch-in, gets pwned by Earthquake if I predict the switch correctly (does like 55%+ to the Specially Defensive variant). Tyranitar gets 2HKOed by Wood Hammer and doesn't like to take an Earthquake either. Also, Abomasnow works as my main switch-in for Rotom-W and Politoed, except if they burn me, but it doesn't really matter because I'm not that dependent on Hail, so a little bit of Rain isn't hurting me.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 20 Atk / 196 Def / 92 Spd
Lax Nature (+Def, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I love this Pokemon, it walls everything physical. Works against Terrakion, Breloom, Dragonite, Salamence, Jirachi, Garchomp, Scizor, opposing Landorus-T, etc. The moveset is the standard one with Hidden Power Ice to hit Dragons, Landorus-T and Breloom. The EV spread is known by everyone I guess, but will explain anyway. 92 Speed to outspeed Adamant Breloom (this was good when everybody ran Adamant, but now I find more Jolly ones) and other random stuff. I'm not sure why 20 Attack, but there was a good reason (I guess it was to strike the 2HKO on Banded Scizor after Stealth Rock).

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Isn't this thing cute? Cute and a bit violent; perfect combination :] I added Jirachi as my main answer for Latios / Latias, and because I need at least one Steel-type Pokemon in every team I make. Also, Hail needs more than 6 slots, so Jirachi worked both as check for Dragon-types and Choice Scarf, revenge killing and flinching to death when I need it the most. U-turn over Fire Punch because I hate to not be able to scout with Scarf Pokemons that are not meant to sweep like Keldeo. Healing Wish over Trick because I appreciate much more the ability to sac my poor Jirachi once it's weakened to make my Mixed LO Kyurem sweep. Iron Head and Ice Punch are obvious.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Rapid Spin

The needed rapid spinner. Why did I chose this? Well, as I said before, I needed a spinner and another Rain check, as well as a switch-in to Keldeo. I didn't want to use the bulky spread because I wanted this team to be more oriented to offense than balance; however, I opted for Leftovers over Life Orb to not loss 16% of Starmie's life each time I want to use Rapid Spin, at least. It's painful. Furthermore, and maybe, just maybe, Leftovers can bluff a defensive set and then catch some Pokemon off guard. Talking about its ability, I was curious about how Analytic would fare against this meta, and it did really well. With prediction, a well timed Thunderbolt against an incoming Jellicent can be game saver, scoring the 2HKO and then allowing me to spin. And what I love more about Starmie is that it can actually sweep a weakened team and annoys Hyper Offense with incredible ease.

Volcarona (M) @ Passho Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SAtk / 40 SDef / 108 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain

Volcarona is the part 1 of my offensive core (which consists of Volcarona and Kyurem). I saw Smores using this set with Passho Berry and immediately wanted to use it. Seeing how all Hail teams are somewhat weak to Keldeo and Scizor, Volcaron seemed a really good choice to set up on both of them. Imagine this scenario: I manage to send out Volcarona into something I can set up, like, well, Scizor. I use Quiver Dance while my opponent either goes for U-turn (if Scizor wasn't choice locked yet) or just hard switches to his Scarf Keldeo. At +1 Volcarona isn't able to outspeed Scarf Keldeo (obviously), so as Keldeo uses Hydro Pump and I take it because of Passho Berry, I set up another QD. Then I proceed to use Giga Drain and sweep with +2, +2, +2 Rona. It does not only sets up on things like Scizor, but also on many Pokemons found on Rain teams that think can kill it with Water-type attacks.

I chose Volcarona for its capability of defeating / weakening Kyurem's counters / checks such as Ferrothorn, Keldeo, Scizor, Bronzong, Jirachi, Tyranitar, etc.

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Outrage

This is the star. Actually, this was first a SubRoost Kyurem; however, I started having problems with Chansey and Blissey, as my only answer was Hammer Arming them with Abomasnow on the switch. I needed those blobs out of the way to make Volcarona sweep, so I came up with the idea of trying this set that no one expects. Trading longevity with raw instant power does work.

• 32 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Outrage vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def) : 40.62% - 48.15% -- 3 hits to KO
  • 32 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Outrage vs 4 HP/252 Def Blissey: 65.8% - 77.3% -- 2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)
With Stealth Rocks and hitting Chansey on the switch, it is a guaranteed 2HKO. Also, I cannot count how many times I have lured things that cannot afford afford and Outrage after a Draco Meteor has being used, thinking that Kyurem is only specially oriented, hence winning games. I'm providing some calcs so you can see how destructive can this thing be:

Versus Ferrothorn:
  • 252 SpAtk Life Orb Kyurem Blizzard vs 252 HP/208 SpDef Ferrothorn (+SpDef) : 48.86% - 57.67% -- 2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)
Versus Jellicent:
  • 252 SpAtk Life Orb Kyurem Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/220 SpDef Jellicent (+SpDef) : 52.48% - 62.13% --- 2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers) This + Outrage gets rid of Jelli while it tries to Recover.
Versus Tyranitar (Support)
  • 252 SpAtk Life Orb Kyurem Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Tyranitar (+SpDef) : 35.15% - 41.83% --- 3-4 hits to KO (with Leftovers) Followed by Outrage...

32 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Outrage vs 252 HP/0 Def Tyranitar: 49.26% - 58.17% --- 2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Conclusion:
Well, this is all for now. Hope you liked the team. I look forward all your suggestions :]

Shoutouts:

- Thanks to Shurt for helping me with the testing thing and for accepting that this team is better than hers.
- Thanks to Spinda for loving my Mixed LO Kyurem from the beginning.
- Thanks to CTC for giving his thoughts about this team.
- No thanks to Stoned because he actually didn't do anything to help this team. Oh, yeah, he battled with me once and got pwned.

Last edited:

Stone RG

Megas are broke
- Thanks to Shurt for helping me with the testing thing and for accepting that this team is better than hers.
- No thanks to Stoned because he actually didn't do anything to help this team. Oh, yeah, he battled with me once.
I kinda lol'd at the shurt part, and when did i even get up aginst that team bar my crappy HO test?

Ice Beam/Psyshock>>>> Blizzard on starmie: rotom w shits on you with aboma burned
Fire Punch >>>>>> Healing Wish on rachi: crappy move considering that your 2 sweepers are frail as ****, and rocks weak, 3 if you consider starmie, SD sciz takes a crap w/ rocks down.

I think thats it w/o taking away the cool sets. And i dont think i need to explain more to u abou the changes, i already suggested them b4.

P.D. tell me how you deal w/ sun/rain offense?

Hey. Now I don't have much to add to your team, and just wanted to gove you a quick rate... But (here it comes) SubRoost Kyurem easily beats the blobs 1v1 due to hail, pressure and 101 HP subs. You could try a bulky one with Earth Power and Ice Beam or a more offensive Life Orb variant of the same. Gyarados also seems to be a problem for your team, so ThunderPunch is always an option over Healing Wish on Jirachi. Substitute variants of Kyurem-B look painful, so Stone Edge could be an alternative over HP Ice on Lando-T.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure you know how to maneouver around there threats and such, and this is just optional stuff you could do. Congrats on the peak :>
But srsly play on ps so i can see replays

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Ice Beam/Psyshock>>>> Blizzard on starmie: rotom w shits on you with aboma burned
Fire Punch >>>>>> Healing Wish on rachi: crappy move considering that your 2 sweepers are frail as ****, and rocks weak, 3 if you consider starmie, SD sciz takes a crap w/ rocks down.

P.D. tell me how you deal w/ sun/rain offense?
Actually, a -2 SAtk Kyurem lures in Rotom-W and then kills with Outrage. But you are right, I will use Psyshock on Starmie as it helps with Rotom-W, Chansey and Blissey.

Talking about the Healing Wish thing, I don't really like the idea. I want to set up with Volcarona on the Steel-types, not kill them with Jirachi. And Healing Wish has saved me a lot of times at lategame, hence I'll stay with it.

I'm really tired now, so the "How do I deal with common playstyles" thing will be updated tomorrow, maybe :/

Hey. Now I don't have much to add to your team, and just wanted to gove you a quick rate... But (here it comes) SubRoost Kyurem easily beats the blobs 1v1 due to hail, pressure and 101 HP subs. You could try a bulky one with Earth Power and Ice Beam or a more offensive Life Orb variant of the same. Gyarados also seems to be a problem for your team, so ThunderPunch is always an option over Healing Wish on Jirachi. Substitute variants of Kyurem-B look painful, so Stone Edge could be an alternative over HP Ice on Lando-T.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure you know how to maneouver around there threats and such, and this is just optional stuff you could do. Congrats on the peak :>
But srsly play on ps so i can see replays
Thanks for the rate! As I said before, I didn't like Sub Roost Kyurem when I tried it, so it's most likely that I'll stay with the current one. It kills the blobs way faster as well as Jellicent, Ferrothorn, etc (as the calcs demonstrate). About Gyarados, yeah, you're right. If Kyurem is weakened or dead, Gyara would rape my entire team. That thing about Thunderpunch on Jirachi...I can try it, seems like a good choice just for that case. About Stone Edge on Landorus-T, it's not going to help that much in my opinion, as most Kyurem-Bs run Ice Beam, so staying trying to hit with Stone Miss on a thing that can actually OHKO me before isn't a good idea.

Be sure that I'll try Thunder Punch :]

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Thanks for the rate! As I said before, I didn't like Sub Roost Kyurem when I tried it, so it's most likely that I'll stay with the current one. It kills the blobs way faster as well as Jellicent, Ferrothorn, etc (as the calcs demonstrate). About Gyarados, yeah, you're right. If Kyurem is weakened or dead, Gyara would rape my entire team. That thing about Thunderpunch on Jirachi...I can try it, seems like a good choice just for that case. About Stone Edge on Landorus-T, it's not going to help that much in my opinion, as most Kyurem-Bs run Ice Beam, so staying trying to hit with Stone Miss on a thing that can actually OHKO me before isn't a good idea.

Be sure that I'll try Thunder Punch :]
I beg to differ:

252 +1 Atk Gyarados (+Atk) Bounce vs 0 HP/0 Def Kyurem (-Def) : 69.31% - 81.59% (2 hits to KO)

49.8% (dont quote me on this) to kill with rocks down, so theorically, standard gyara comes in on aboma, lando, volcarona, or jirachi (if intimdate), if rocks are down, and welp, crap. Scratch the Fire Punch, you can deal with sciz with rona or starmie, gyara roraringly 6-0s you, so thunderpunch.

Btw, when i asked how you deal with sun and rain offense is because its hard on the latter and almost impossible on the former. Keldeo clean 2HKOs everything on your team in rain and has quite the chance of 2hkoing starmie in hail w/ dual hydro, tornadus 2hkos everything as well unless youre willing to sack 50+% off jirachi just to be in a mindgame, standard rain chomp lives through ice shard/hp ice/ice punch at more than 70% to kill anything your ''counter'' is. Sun, well, youre hail, so that happens, i guess that is the only occasion where healing wish is the better option... and i didnt get pwned, i was just using an HO team i did in literally 3 minutes, you know how i am with those teams :[

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
its not better than mine.

i told you i dont like mixed LO kyu but I like HW Jirachi so I guess you've redeemed yourself :)

See you in five months :<

The team checks most things decently on paper and it's a fairly solid hail build with little to change; however, I question the use of Volcarona on the team, and I feel as though it simply exacerbates your weaknesses rather than helping your team. Volcarona makes most sand stall impossible to break, even with the Kyurem; Life Orb damage + no recovery + an opposing ScarfTar or something = death. A huge Stealth Rock weakness requires a good stallbreaker. Like I said, the team is OK as is, but if you want an optimal build, I feel like Volcarona has to go. To prove my point of Volcarona exploiting the weaknesses in your team, take a look at your own Kyurem set. What is it? A Life Orb set with Outrage. Need I mention why this set is not good? If you Outage, you're pretty much dead the next turn, and on top of that, if you don't hit the Chansey or whatever on the switch, your whole team is pretty much walled. Volcarona is easily replacable with another Scizor check, so using Volcarona is basically forcing yourself to eschew from more effective sets like the deadly SubRoost Kyurem which you can no longer afford to have. Your team is also very weak to opposing Keldeo, since Volcarona cannot take a Scarf Rain STAB even with Passho; why run a lure when you can run a different Pokemon that helps you actually beat a threat to your team? Your team is very solid against opposing Reuniclus and Celebi, so running Volcarona just seems redundant and there is a better option. Also, your team is kinda boned by opposing Volcarona, which your own Volc isn't helping with. I believe using a TauntDD Gyarados instead of Volcarona will definitely help you out here. Gyarados gives you a pretty solid answer to opposing Scizor and Volcarona while being slightly less Stealth Rock weak and checking Keldeo with Bounce. Additionally, with 168 Spe EV's and a Jolly nature, Gyarados effective leads against Custap Skarmory and can Taunt it. This is huge since Starmie forces 50/50s vs hazard-spamming leads which isn't as helpful as a real stop to them. Gyarados provides this. I mentioned Taunt just because of your huge stall weakness I mentioned early which Volcarona compounded to. I think Intimidate would be better just because Intimidate is cool if you have a duo of them to double up on Physicla attackers, but you can try Moxie too. For Starmie, definitely go for Natural Cure instead of Analytic imo. It's your primary switch-in to Bulky Toed, and Scald burns and Toxics will grow quite troublesome if Politoed has it. Natural Cure gives you a solid switch for this, and still provides decent power with your offensively inclined spread. Lastly, revert Kyurem to SubRoost with the Chansey weakness somewhat mitigated; it's a far more deadly and effective set, and I see no reason not to use it now.

Good luck.

Ok so the team itself is amazingly solid however you seem to have no check to opposing volcaronas so I would do three things firstly to test a Air Balloon Heatran over your current passho volcarona, specifically to add roar for heatran's last moveslot so that it can phase volcarona as most of them can't really touch heatran to begin with and air balloon adds some insurance against mamoswine. Secondly I believe that you should slot Roost on kyurem over draco meteor or outrage as I find that the team itself appreciates more of kyurems stab blizzards in opposition to blasting draco meteors or outrage. I find that while both dragon stabs can be amazing at times preserving the health of kyurem is potentially better for the team. Thirdly I would try out Protect over earthquake as I find your team if you add heatran to be able to wall opposing heatran fairly simply and it would allow you to scout out choice banded scizor so you can jump it with a hidden power fire. Finally adjust you landorus therian spread to 200 HP / 220 Def / 88 Spd Jolly Nature this allows you to get the jump on breloom and choice specs politoed getting some potentially crux damage to your opponent's pokemon. Hope this helps.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+ Spd, -Atk)
Fire Blast
Roar
Hidden Power (Ice)
Earth Power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)